halamadrid2
LeVersacci
Forza
VivaStPauli
sportsczy
32 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Looks like both Benzema and Higuain are leaving this summer Empty Looks like both Benzema and Higuain are leaving this summer

Post by sportsczy Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:48 am

Madrid is going to overhaul the position as neither wants to rotate anymore. So who wants these guys? smoking
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Looks like both Benzema and Higuain are leaving this summer Empty Re: Looks like both Benzema and Higuain are leaving this summer

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:53 am

Could replace Lewandowksi at Dortmund...

...If they were willing to take a 90% pay cut albino
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Looks like both Benzema and Higuain are leaving this summer Empty Re: Looks like both Benzema and Higuain are leaving this summer

Post by Forza Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:54 am

I highly doubt it.

Why would Benzema leave after Higuain leaves (or vice versa)? One of them leaving would solve this problem.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:00 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:I highly doubt it.

Why would Benzema leave after Higuain leaves (or vice versa)? One of them leaving would solve this problem.
This.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:04 pm

I can see benz replacing ibra at psg they would take full advantage of his skillset as for higgy he was born to play for madrid and he recently signed a new contract doubt he eould want to leave
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:08 pm

I think Higuain will leave.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:13 pm

Higuain is the more likely to stay imo.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:14 pm

I'd like some Higuain, TBH. I think he's brilliant.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:16 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:I'd like some Higuain, TBH. I think he's brilliant.

He's on a cheaper contract that he's just signed as well. He is also less likely to rage quit from what I've seen.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:19 pm

Brilliant finishing combined with decent technique, he's exactly what we mostly don't have in the Bundesliga.

Come on, Gonzo, step into my web! Come to the land of Autobahn, Kraftwerk, and cold beer!
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:21 pm

Higuain to Barca after Villa leaves. Dat Messi-Higuain combination. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:25 pm

Benzema come home Sad
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:26 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:I highly doubt it.

because madrid want Falcao and the situation doesn't change... except that falcao would be preferred.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:58 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Brilliant finishing combined with decent technique, he's exactly what we mostly don't have in the Bundesliga.

Come on, Gonzo, step into my web! Come to the land of Autobahn, Kraftwerk, and cold beer!

:bow:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:58 pm

Just for the record, Higuain hasnt signed a new contract with Real Madrid as of now, nothing was made official, iirc.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:19 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:I can see benz replacing ibra at psg they would take full advantage of his skillset as for higgy he was born to play for madrid and he recently signed a new contract doubt he eould want to leave
please, zlatan is a god of football and benzema isnt fit to wipe his arse. make no mistake, he is going nowhere. Benzema however should pray he is touched by the light of Zlatan
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:20 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Could replace Lewandowksi at Dortmund...

Pipita earns 4.5 Mil per year.
Unless Dortmund pay their strikers in food stamps, i dont see that is possible....
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:23 pm

Kamikaze692 wrote:
Unless Dortmund pay their strikers in food stamps, i dont see that is possible....

That'd still be 450k per year, also known as "enough to drive a fast car and live in a big house".
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:29 pm

One of Mourinhos biggest failures has been the inability to address the situation of the striker.

His inability to decide on 1 Regular Striker and subsequent rotation has not helped either reach their max potential.

What makes it even more baffling is that both players possess different (complementary) skill sets which makes it perfectly alright for both to start upfront together.
Benz is more of a 10 /false 9 and pipita is much more of a poacher in the Van Nistelrooy mould. With Ozil & Ronaldo out wide, i dont see how Mourinho hasnt tried this more often.
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:31 pm

Hopefull both stay, Mou leaves for his beloved PL and the new Manager has enough sense and foresight to see that Benz - Pipita can be the new Raul-Morientes
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:34 pm

The better question may be who is coming in to replace them. If both Higgy and Benz leave Madrid, then they obviously have to buy at least one striker. Moreover, if the rumors of Ronaldo departing (pure speculation to this point, i believe), Madrid could be overhauling the two positions they've relied upon to score the majority of their goals. Bale is rumored to be the target to replace Ronaldo, but he's nowhere near as potent in front of goal. If this happens, Madrid would need a World Class striker to shoulder the goal-scoring burden left by Ronaldo and Benz/Higgy. Which available strikers fit that description?
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:35 pm

Kamikaze692 wrote:
VivaStPauli wrote:Could replace Lewandowksi at Dortmund...

wrong Higuain is still on 3.5m frm the contract he signed in 2010
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:36 pm

donttreadonred wrote:The better question may be who is coming in to replace them. If both Higgy and Benz leave Madrid, then they obviously have to buy at least one striker. Moreover, if the rumors of Ronaldo departing (pure speculation to this point, i believe), Madrid could be overhauling the two positions they've relied upon to score the majority of their goals. Bale is rumored to be the target to replace Ronaldo, but he's nowhere near as potent in front of goal. If this happens, Madrid would need a World Class striker to shoulder the goal-scoring burden left by Ronaldo and Benz/Higgy. Which available strikers fit that description?

not difficult: Falcao, Cavani, Kun and joker: Ronaldo
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:38 pm

I doubt both will leave.

If either of them leave, hopefully we sign Aguero.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:54 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
donttreadonred wrote:The better question may be who is coming in to replace them. If both Higgy and Benz leave Madrid, then they obviously have to buy at least one striker. Moreover, if the rumors of Ronaldo departing (pure speculation to this point, i believe), Madrid could be overhauling the two positions they've relied upon to score the majority of their goals. Bale is rumored to be the target to replace Ronaldo, but he's nowhere near as potent in front of goal. If this happens, Madrid would need a World Class striker to shoulder the goal-scoring burden left by Ronaldo and Benz/Higgy. Which available strikers fit that description?

not difficult: Falcao, Cavani, Kun and joker: Ronaldo
Granted, it's a fairly small group of well-known players. Madrid is highly unlikely to pull someone from a lower-league without much experience to fill this void. The point was to see which is more likely.

Falcao, while a ready-made RM player and ready to leave Atletico, would need to cross the Atletico/Real barrier. We all know the Falcao transfer is going to be exorbitantly expensive, but the fee associated with this move would be unbelievable. That certainly doesn't rule him out, but can you imagine Real dropping ~30-45 million on Bale and THEN going for Falcao?

Kun may be one of the more likely, but there's still that Atletico.Real gap. He played there for 5 seasons before moving to Citeh. While the citizens may start to lose superstars if they can't improve their European performances and challenge for more domestic trophies, I don't think the mass exodus starts next season. I see Aguero sticking around for a little bit, tbh.

Not sure who you mean by Joker... Jovetic maybe? If so, he's certainly a potentially VERY good striker, but I don't see him as quite the caliber that RM need. I see him on the same level as Benzema and Higuain, which is far from a slight to the guy. I just don't see Jovetic as a capable of picking up of the goal-scoring tab left by Ronaldo and Benz/Higgy. In his "break-out season" last year, the lad only scored 14 goals in 27 appearances. Would you call that setting the world on fire? scratch I know there is more to his game than just scoring goals, but for me, the "goals scored" stat is precisely what Madrid should be buying in this situation.

Cavani is actually the player I had in mind when asking the question. He seems to be available for a definite price (everyone's available for a price, the question is just if you can find it and match it); he has no loyalty questions due to previous clubs; and he's the world-class #9 that Madrid would need. I can see him making this switch and thriving next season.

Is there anyone else that seems likely? Gomez could be on his way out from Bayern... Lewandowski looks to be available for the right price... Fernando Torres might be looking for more match-time... Razz
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next