Casciavit
DeletedUser#1
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Lord Awesome
Gil
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

John Terry is still the best CB in the nation - Page 2 Empty Re: John Terry is still the best CB in the nation

Post by Zealous Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:33 pm

The post just before yours might be a good place to start lol

Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

John Terry is still the best CB in the nation - Page 2 Empty Re: John Terry is still the best CB in the nation

Post by Gil Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:33 pm

Art Morte wrote:No way Terry is in top-5, his pace isn't the only problem, he makes mistakes as well in marking, for example.

As for Luiz, he should play DM/CM, like Rafa showed, but I suppose Mourinho is too proud to do that and indicate that Rafa was onto something there.
Give examples or stop spouting bullshit.

Luiz is a terrible CM by the way. That just made your entire post invalid.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:36 pm

David Luiz could work as a DM, though. hmm 
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:38 pm

Zealous wrote:The post just before yours might be a good place to start lol
John Terry is still the best CB in the nation - Page 2 0FRkqtq

Vidal is borderline comical inside the box. John Terry is still the best CB in the nation - Page 2 Oblivious
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:39 pm

The Awesome wrote:David Luiz could work as a DM, though. hmm 
No.

The whole DM experiment is even worse than playing fullbacks as wingers.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:42 pm

Terry was great. What he lacked in pace he made uo for nwith his defensive organisation and reading of the game. Great defender tbh. But as he has aged, I agree with Dani's points
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:50 pm

Gil wrote:
The Awesome wrote:David Luiz could work as a DM, though. hmm 
No.

The whole DM experiment is even worse than playing fullbacks as wingers.
I hate that argument so much lol.... the amount of times Newcastle fans tell me Santon should play LW would amaze you.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:56 pm

1. Kompany
2. Ivanovic
3. Terry
4. Skrtel
5. Luiz
6. Sakho
7. Mertesacker
8. Coloccini
9. Agger
10. Koscielny/Vertonghen

This thread made me realize there aren't any great CBs left in the PL anymore..
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:11 pm

Gil wrote:
Art Morte wrote:No way Terry is in top-5, his pace isn't the only problem, he makes mistakes as well in marking, for example.

As for Luiz, he should play DM/CM, like Rafa showed, but I suppose Mourinho is too proud to do that and indicate that Rafa was onto something there.
Give examples or stop spouting bullshit.

Luiz is a terrible CM by the way. That just made your entire post invalid.
If you need to ask for examples of Terry making mistakes or Luiz performing well in midfield, it tells that you've not been watching games last season - which isn't news, really Smile
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:12 pm

Gil wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
He was a great great defender inside the box, everything in the box he is one of the best.

Outside it, it borders on comical at times, even in his prime.

No it doesn't you clown. Give me examples or get outta me thread. :-)
First of all, go listen to Drake or something to cool down.

Second, examples? How about when Ronaldinho run him down like a 12 year old?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:15 pm

Terry swinging at dat fresh air.

Laughing Getting done by Carroll
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:19 pm

The Franchise, bloody hell you delivered with that video : D

My laugh of the day - over and over again : D

Last edited by Art Morte on Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:19 pm

I sometimes question whether people actually watch football...

Ivanovic is an awful CB.... good solid RB mind.

Kompany has been inconsistent at best for 2 years, Sakho has been crap so far, Coloccini is past it, Hangeland was never that good to begin with and is crap now, Vermealen is an accident waiting to happen and no coincidence that Arsenal improved once he got dropped on his ass.

As for Vidic and Ferdinand they haven't been good for a long long time..... although Ferdinand did perform for about 16 games last season.

Tbh there isn't 10 good CBs in the entire league.... so writing up a top 10 list makes no sense you are just filling it up with scrubs.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:26 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I sometimes question whether people actually watch football...

Ivanovic is an awful CB.... good solid RB mind.

Kompany has been inconsistent at best for 2 years, Sakho has been crap so far, Coloccini is past it, Hangeland was never that good to begin with and is crap now, Vermealen is an accident waiting to happen and no coincidence that Arsenal improved once he got dropped on his ass.

As for Vidic and Ferdinand they haven't been good for a long long time..... although Ferdinand did perform for about 16 games last season.

Tbh there isn't 10 good CBs in the entire league.... so writing up a top 10 list makes no sense you are just filling it up with scrubs.
Mole, why so dramatic tonight?

Ivanovic isn't an awful CB, he's just been played so much at RB that he's not been allowed to have any sort of run nor form at CB for the past few years. He'd be a solid CB in a team that played him there constantly.

Kompany has been good, he's just the biggest-name CB in the league for the past couple of seasons and the spotlight's on him. He makes a mistake and it's remembered twice as long as, say, Koscielny's mistake.

Coloccini is still quality, but his personal issues haven't helped him, neither has he thrived on competition.

I haven't got a strong view on the rest, except that Ferdinand is indeed past it big time.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:39 pm

Casciavit wrote:Mole after the Confederations cup final- David Luiz is a world class CB and one of the best CB in the world IMO.

Fast forward to October, Mole- David Luiz is a scrub.

Proud
Proud
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:40 pm

Ivanovic might be a better full-back than a CB, but the point is he is a beast of defender. As Art said, if he's used as a CB constantly, he'd do just as well there (like under Rafa). Defenders like him, who aren't fancy with what they do, have become underrated these days. Pretty consistent as well.

Kompany at his best is best in the league by a margin, constant injuries have regressed him. Sakho has been decent except his first game, which wasn't even gonna be his debut. Coloccini does good for a team like Newcastle.

I agree with your last statement though as I said before.. not many great defenders left.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:55 pm

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:
Casciavit wrote:Mole after the Confederations cup final- David Luiz is a world class CB and one of the best CB in the world IMO.

Proud
Proud
Confed cup
Mole: People can improve. Luiz is now a WC cb ffs

October 2013

Luiz is a scrub

Mole Cena Proud

Troll lyfe
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:58 pm

jibers wrote:
Rebaño Sagrado wrote:

Proud
Proud
Confed cup

October 2013

Luiz is a scrub

Mole Cena Proud

Troll lyfe
LMFAO
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:49 pm

Agrees with Dani's one point..simply exceptional within the box..Chelsea played deep line for most part of Terry's career and in PL where long balls and aerial game are very important Terry was an invaluable asset.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:57 pm

jibers wrote:
Rebaño Sagrado wrote:

Proud
Proud
Confed cup

October 2013

Luiz is a scrub

Mole Cena Proud

Troll lyfe
The Doctor Of Scrubanomics Proud
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:00 pm

Ivanovic has awful positioning for a CB.... just runs around like a headless chicken half the time i can't rate any CB whose positioning is not up to scratch thus my strong views on Vermealen.

As for Coloccini.... its a sad thing to say but his injuries and age have him hit him hard although i will say one thing.

The way we defend in front of the back 4 doesn't help him at all... the only time this season we defended as a team was against Liverpool Laughing

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:02 am

I've always thought that Ferdinand in his prime was better than Terry in his prime; owever they were both blessed with incredible partners in Vidic and Carvalho. I've always thought that the more aggressive defender that would tend to get stuck in more (Terry, Vidic) was always more highly rated than the more composed defender who did not always resort to tackling (Carvalho, Ferdinand) by the general public. Terry reminds me a bit of Carragher in his "hollywood defending", in my opinion. He always looked like a "spectacular" defender.

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:21 am

I agree with Gil, even on the wrong side of 30 JT is still one of the best CBs going around, its a shame the off field stuff ruined his rep, but thats his dong

El Shaarawy wrote:John Terry is still the best CB in the nation - Page 2 IZvCEWuhRznR
This gif killed me though, JT Proud
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:19 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I sometimes question whether people actually watch football...

Sakho has been crap so far,
Sakho has been one of our best defenders this season so um, what?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:21 pm

Lol..... replace that with Skrtel and i agree.

Sakho has been at fault for numerous goals and was constantly out of position against us and saved by Skrtel on more than one occasion.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:24 pm

Skrtel has been our best, I agree. Sakho had an average game against your lot, but he's been up there with Skrtel this season. He's definitely not been crap.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next