Casciavit
DeletedUser#1
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Lord Awesome
Gil
25 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

John Terry is still the best CB in the nation - Page 3 Empty Re: John Terry is still the best CB in the nation

Post by Red Alert Fri 25 Oct 2013, 14:24

Skrtel has been our best, I agree. Sakho had an average game against your lot, but he's been up there with Skrtel this season. He's definitely not been crap.

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

John Terry is still the best CB in the nation - Page 3 Empty Re: John Terry is still the best CB in the nation

Post by Casciavit Fri 25 Oct 2013, 14:54

M99 wrote:
jibers wrote:
Rebaño Sagrado wrote:Proud
Confed cup
Mole: People can improve. Luiz is now a WC cb ffs

October 2013

Luiz is a scrub

Mole Cena Proud

Troll lyfe
The Doctor Of Scrubanomics Proud
The face of GL Proud

Molenation John Terry is still the best CB in the nation - Page 3 Military
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri 25 Oct 2013, 18:48

Skrtel has been garbage. Please calm down. He's so limited, it's not even funny. He hurts the team more than he helps, so no player like that will be rated by me.

He looks individually good but if you open your eyes you'll see he's the one hurting the whole performance of the team with his short comings.

Not made for a 3 man CB line.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 25 Oct 2013, 19:03

Yes he does.... but at the same time when it comes down to it he's very good at defending his penalty area and has saved Liverpool from conceding on more than one occasion against us alone.

Sakho has been erratic at best.... and that is being nice. Toure has been good and Skrtel is good at what he does and has shown that on full show despite the fact he is limited and does force you to defend a little deeper than you'd like.

Won't comment on Agger as he's been injured.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by El Jefe Fri 25 Oct 2013, 23:20

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I sometimes question whether people actually watch football...
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Sakho has been crap so far
No he hasn't. He had an up and down game at Swansea and since then he's been solid.
El Jefe
El Jefe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 25 Oct 2013, 23:27

He was far from solid against us so yeah....

I know you want to defend your big signing but lets be real, as of right now he's been poor.

Not to say he's bad though he'll probably come good.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Jefe Sat 26 Oct 2013, 00:18

He hasn't been poor though. Didn't do anything wrong against Newcastle. All Newcastle really had was long shots and the odd counter which Skrtel and then Cissokho dealt with.

Didn't do anything wrong against Southampton. Solid against Sunderland. Comfortable against Palace.
El Jefe
El Jefe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat 26 Oct 2013, 00:41

He should have cleared our 2nd goal.... was out of position on almost every single Remy counter but Skrtel saved his ass on every occasion.

I didn't watch the Southampton game but you did lose so he can't have done too well....

But alas i can see you won't agree so i will leave it there.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat 26 Oct 2013, 10:15

Cissokho was at fault for your second goal. He let his man run straight past him and Aly didn't even know he lost his man until the ball was in the back of the net and he looked clueless after he turned around and saw his man wasn't there.

Remy mostly attacked the left hand side (so our right), he was attacking Kolo Toure; not Sakho. And Remy was quiet, so not too sure how that's relevant.

Where's the logic behind that Soton comment? "Liverpool lost so he must of been shit because his defender etc". We lost off the back of a set piece that game, with Agger losing his man. Sakho did well.

McAgger wrote:Skrtel has been garbage. Please calm down. He's so limited, it's not even funny. He hurts the team more than he helps, so no player like that will be rated by me.

He looks individually good but if you open your eyes you'll see he's the one hurting the whole performance of the team with his short comings.

Not made for a 3 man CB line.
"Limited" or not, he's been our best CB this season. And being limited doesn't mean much. Barzagli is limited... he's still one of the most solid defenders in the world at the moment. Skrtel isn't limited though. The problem here is that every fan expects him to be some sort of "libero", thinking we play like the 3 at the back of Brazil's successful world cup in '02. We play nothing like them.

Defensively, he's been our best.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sat 26 Oct 2013, 11:30

I agree Skrtel has been surprisingly good this season, but also goes to show how overrated Agger is though.

Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun 27 Oct 2013, 13:09

He's still one of the best CB's in the league imo, but not the best.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sun 27 Oct 2013, 14:25

Granted I only watch the PL games between the big 4 (Arsenal, Chelsea, United, and City) and sometimes an Arsenal game here and there. So take my opinion for what you will.

For me, when healthy, the best CB in the league is still Vidic. Then comes Mertesacker and Koscielny and Kompany. Id say Terry is a solid #5. Its crazy how much Mertesacker gets forgotten about. The big German reads the game possibly better than any defender in the league right now, which is why his lack of pace doesnt hurt him so much. Koscielny is more of a tackler, a guy who likes to go into a tackle and most of the the time wins. Thats why they compliment each other ao great. But LOL at people mentioning Vermaelen. The guy is a good leader and has some games where nothing gets past him. But then he has some other games where he makes mindblowing mistakes.

Cant comment on Agger because I dont watch Liverpool games.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu 31 Oct 2013, 20:49

I largely agree with Dani's post but personally don't see how that affects him. So long as he plays for a counter-attacking team he was very useful. Obviously you're not going to ask him to play like Beckebauer but ask him to play for a counter attacking team and he is a valuable asset.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon 03 Nov 2014, 20:44

Zealous wrote:
M99 wrote:Lolvren was probably the worst CB in Ligue 1 last year. Won't be surprised if he starts playing bad, think he is just in a good run of form for the time being.

Ah yes fake form :bow:

Fake form is real.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat 08 Nov 2014, 11:06

M99 wrote:
Zealous wrote:
M99 wrote:Lolvren was probably the worst CB in Ligue 1 last year. Won't be surprised if he starts playing bad, think he is just in a good run of form for the time being.

Ah yes fake form :bow:

Fake form is real.

It sure is lmao

Great call on your part :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3