Cerezo: "I am disappointed [in the manager shortlist], Simeone is the European sensation"

+14
Donuts
Lord Awesome
McAgger
danyjr
Gil
zigra
Freeza
free_cat
Uncanny
Khaled
AnchorMan
FalcaoPunch
The_Badger
BarrileteCosmico
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cerezo: "I am disappointed [in the manager shortlist], Simeone is the European sensation" Empty Cerezo: "I am disappointed [in the manager shortlist], Simeone is the European sensation"

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 15:46

"I don't think it's normal that Simeone is not amongst the best managers. He is the European sensation. I am very disappointed because he deserved it. Messi is the best in Europe. Diego Costa is also a European sensation."

http://www.marca.com/2013/10/29/futbol/equipos/atletico/1383052997.html

While I don't really agree with the way he phrases it, I do agree that it's a travesty that a manager that wins 3 titles in 18 months is not considered for one of the best 10 of Europe.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Cerezo: "I am disappointed [in the manager shortlist], Simeone is the European sensation" Empty Re: Cerezo: "I am disappointed [in the manager shortlist], Simeone is the European sensation"

Post by The_Badger Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 16:00

It's what's they've done in the last 12, not 18 though.

From the 10-man shortlist who would you omit? Mourinho? Wenger?

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Cerezo: "I am disappointed [in the manager shortlist], Simeone is the European sensation" Empty Re: Cerezo: "I am disappointed [in the manager shortlist], Simeone is the European sensation"

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 16:02

Is Del Bosque there? Even for losing the confederations cup but beating teams like finland, georgia, and belarus?
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 16:06

Yup.

Carlo Ancelotti (Real Madrid/ex-Paris St-Germain), Rafael Benítez (Napoli/ex-Chelsea), Antonio Conte (Juventus), Vicente del Bosque (Spain), Sir Alex Ferguson (ex-Manchester United), Jupp Heynckes (ex-Bayern Munich), Jürgen Klopp (Borussia Dortmund), José Mourinho (Chelsea/ex-Real Madrid), Luiz Felipe Scolari (Brazil), Arsène Wenger (Arsenal).
Not sure why Simeone and Vilanova aren't included when there's managers nominated that achieved sod all last year.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AnchorMan Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 16:10

Vilanova?? Joke... I Agree; Simeone should be There... VDB Deserves No PLace in that List tbh
AnchorMan
AnchorMan
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Chivas

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 16:20

Last season, Tito and Simeone > Wenger and Mourinho!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 16:27

The_Badger wrote:It's what's they've done in the last 12, not 18 though.

From the 10-man shortlist who would you omit? Mourinho? Wenger?
I think he has done more to deserve it than Mourinho, Wenger, Del Bosque and Benitez
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 16:35

No Benitez did good for Chelsea. Mou, idk what went wrong in Madrid, he was excellent the year before. I will always put wenger up there, no matter what he has been able to put his team into champions league year I year out. I would've def put Simone ahead of mou, last season was bad management for Madrid.
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 16:40

Jupp should win it. right?
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 16:41

Mourinho in there it's a transvesty. He had an awful season with Madrid and it was mostly because of his bad managing. And he has lost his firs title with Chelsea.
Simeone should be in there, and even Tito before Mourinho.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 16:42

free_cat wrote:Mourinho in there it's a transvesty. Simeone should be in there, and even Tito before Mourinho.
Simeone then peckerman before mourinho before tito

:coffee:
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 16:43

Mourinho is in the list? Laughing worst season in his career
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 16:43

Khaled wrote:Last season, Tito and Simeone > Wenger and Mourinho!
I agree, but I understand why Tito is not in the list, because he only managed for a few months in 2013, unfortunately.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 17:13

Moruinho, Wenger and del Bosque shouldn't be in there. Why are they in such a list? What have they done in 2013? It's just stupid. They are in the list because of what they have done in the past.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 17:17

Who cares about the nominations? He wouldn't have won anyway.

Mourinho is in there because he is the best manager in the World. Simple.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 17:21

And yet he failed. This is not an award for what he has done over the past 10 years. It's about 2013 when his team, to most expensive team in the world, won nothing.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 17:41

How are Mourinho and Wenger in the list and Simeone isn't :facepalm:

More importantly why do I ever care about this stupid "trophy" Laughing
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 18:28

zigra wrote:And yet he failed. This is not an award for what he has done over the past 10 years. It's about 2013 when his team, to most expensive team in the world, won nothing.
So?

Madrid are a joke. Not his fault his players can't execute.

Players didn't seem to have a problem with that at Chelsea, Inter and Porto.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 18:30

No Gil, the problem was not the players (or at least not most of it), Madrid's problems last season were mostly tactical. When teams like Betis beat a squad that is much better than theirs it is a tactical matter.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed 30 Oct 2013 - 0:38

Doesn't matter who is in the shortlist. Jupp should win it hands down.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed 30 Oct 2013 - 1:28

Madrid and Mou's problems last season were Casillas & his GF Sara Carbonero. Still got RM to Semis at least, but Pepe and Ramos were just...:facepalm: against Dortmund.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed 30 Oct 2013 - 1:42

Losing to Atletico Madrid in the CDR final in Real Madrids home stadium should be enough for him not to be in the shortlist.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed 30 Oct 2013 - 1:59

Simione deserves to be at top 10, at least though. He's the Argentine Mourinho in my eyes.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed 30 Oct 2013 - 2:23

Except better you mean.

None of his players hate him for starters lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed 30 Oct 2013 - 2:28

The Franchise wrote:Except better you mean.

None of his players hate him for starters lol
Laughing Ego level in RM is certainly higher than AM.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next