Wilson37
RealGunner
Jay29
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Arsenal 0 - 2 Chelsea: Meh - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal 0 - 2 Chelsea: Meh

Post by EL Patron Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:14 pm

Ryo could do with a proper bollocking from the coaching staff, he barely showed any bite or aggression. He just let Bertrand bully him all game, I can't even remember him winning any 50-50. People are being a bit harsh on Jenkinson, give him a bit of time. Sure He had a bad game but its not easy to be chucked in and out of the team then be expected to perform especially when you are young.

EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:29 pm

That's why Gnabry looks so much more polished by comparison, he has physique and can outmuscle defenders. And confidence. What a factor that is.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Benry Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:31 pm

Believe me if there was something there for me to rally with for Jenkison I would but the guy doesn't have the fundamentals that are required to play for Arsenal. At his age and the quality of the experience he's had CL games big PL clashes, certain things should be clicking into place by now to show some progress, every young player with quality will have a dip but will still improve in another way (tactically). This guy still looks so raw, yet he's played in the Allianz and Anfield, but struggles against Berahino.

If he was working as hard as is stated he would be a much better player, I've heard nothing about him staying after training and so forth as to improve his technique.

We need a back up RB, as far as I am concerned he cannot be called upon to do a job.
Benry
Benry
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:41 pm

This was typical and I half expected it. We put a strong team out, but not at 100%, either in strength or motivation, so it leads to a lethargic sloppy performance, where all we achieve is wasting energy of our first teamers
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:42 pm

He has improved his technique since he came here, two years ago he could barely make a pass forward - now he runs with the ball with more confidence, makes forward passes and crosses a lot more. He has also improved defensively on his positioning, compare his Man Utd 2011 performance to Marseille away (2011) or last seasons performances. He still has to improve in those things and more but it's not true he hasn't improved since he came here. He's 21, as old as Jack Wilshere who Arsenal fans hope and expect to improve on some things still.

In two years from now we're going to see a lot better from him. For now he's good enough as second fiddle to Sagna, I just hope he stays because it's going to be hard to replace his experience, personality and quality.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:14 am

Disappointed at losing at home to Chelsea, but I really dont care about getting knocked out of Cup. We dont have the team to go all fronts.

Hope We respond on Saturday where it matters. Its clear we need another striker in January.

Park and Bendtner. Laughing
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:39 am

I'm afraid Ryo is gone as much as I want him to make it. He hasn't developed much last 2 years and we have Gnabry as more promising back up. Jenk on the other hand, c'mon guys! We were just praising him at the beginning of this season. Good run of game, confidence built up, he could becomes reliable again. I still put my faith in him, I want to see 2nd Lee Dixon in our rank.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:47 am

Never really saw anything in Ryo, today was just weak and slow didn't do anything. About Jenkison, hard to develop when you’re only playin once a month. Jenk has a future with us but for now he is not Arsenal quality, a loan can give him a future.

Really unfair for us, Jenk, Ryo and Bendtner were not there and 8 vs 11 is never going to work when you gift them a goal.

We really need a top striker, look at Chelsea Ba is like 4th choice striker and could start for us. I am not saying Ba is better than Giroud just saying how far behind we are.

Btw our home fans, do they even bother getting in to the game?hmm

At the end of day, not many fans are disappointed about getting knocked out, the last thing we needed was more games for a squad who never gets a break when comes to injures.

Vermalen. Proud
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:57 am

Scapegoating almost always happens after disappointing losses.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:11 pm

Twoism wrote:I'm afraid Ryo is gone as much as I want him to make it. He hasn't developed much last 2 years and we have Gnabry as more promising back up. Jenk on the other hand, c'mon guys! We were just praising him at the beginning of this season. Good run of game, confidence built up, he could becomes reliable again. I still put my faith in him, I want to see 2nd Lee Dixon in our rank.
Didn't see the game, but you're right. Jenkinson never plays well his first game back after being on the bench for a stretch of games. Whenever he gets a run of consecutive starts that's when he plays well
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:30 pm

our home support... :facepalm:
how dare they let Chelshit fans sing Jose Mourinho without competition ? and leave at 80 mins..
tbh, they were better today in the first half.. once the 2nd goal went in they gave up totally..
i blame them for our poor home record in the last few years...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:51 pm

Nicklas Bendtner: I'll help fire Arsenal to silverware this season:

Arsenal 0 - 2 Chelsea: Meh - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPotLII4HKigqyLKV0vbqUGsQjv6Q5dYg0MjcYVHN1Pkz53yYJ9g
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:48 pm

Biggest issue with Jenkinson is just extreme lack of talent... he had bad technique, bad tactical awareness and questionable in duels. If you lack talent, you can't really get much better.

At least with Ramsey for example, talent was never the issue... it was just a question of whether he could harness it in an effective manner. Same is true about Vermaelen btw... he has the talent. But he loses his head.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:03 pm

No one expects him to be world class, if he can reach Gary Neville/Lee Dixon level, that would've been just fine. He CAN reach that level.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:09 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:No one expects him to be world class, if he can reach Gary Neville/Lee Dixon level, that would've been just fine. He CAN reach that level.
What we need now is a top RB just like Monreal who can come in when asked to and perform well. We dont really have time for Jenkison now. He is young and wont improve unless he gets game time, which is highly unlikely.

We must buy a RB and Striker during the January if they are available.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:17 pm

MJGunner wrote:Scapegoating almost always happens after disappointing losses.
Yep. Jenkinson and Ryo will never make it here because they played poorly in the only game they have played in a month..

Not that either is guaranteed to become a great player, but there should be some perspective. In Ryo's case, for example, he's being thrown on against one of the best teams in the country without the support of the club's best players. Gnabry had Ozil and Giroud to play with against Swansea, so why should we expect Ryo to do as well as Gnabry? He was poor, but we aren't exactly setting anyone up for success when we throw all of the rusty players to the wolves all at once.

When we get our injuries sorted out, this shouldn't be as much of an issue because we will hopefully have some healthy rotation.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:35 pm

Eman wrote:
MJGunner wrote:Scapegoating almost always happens after disappointing losses.
Yep. Jenkinson and Ryo will never make it here because they played poorly in the only game they have played in a month..

Not that either is guaranteed to become a great player, but there should be some perspective. In Ryo's case, for example, he's being thrown on against one of the best teams in the country without the support of the club's best players. Gnabry had Ozil and Giroud to play with against Swansea, so why should we expect Ryo to do as well as Gnabry? He was poor, but we aren't exactly setting anyone up for success when we throw all of the rusty players to the wolves all at once.

When we get our injuries sorted out, this shouldn't be as much of an issue because we will hopefully have some healthy rotation.
Its the cup games where the young ones make a name for themselves, no mater who you playing.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:45 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:No one expects him to be world class, if he can reach Gary Neville/Lee Dixon level, that would've been just fine. He CAN reach that level.
What we need now is a top RB just like Monreal who can come in when asked to and perform well. We dont really have time for Jenkison now. He is young and wont improve unless he gets game time, which is highly unlikely.

We must buy a RB and Striker during the January if they are available.
What to do with Jenkinson? Send him on loan and he won't get any playing time. Sell him? He just signed a 5-year contract. By the way no one complained when Jenkinson signed a new conteact, in fact, most wanted him to replace Sagna... now suddenly he's crap Laughing(not implying you said that)

You don't necessarily need a top class fullback as backup (unless the first choice is injury prone), look at Chelsea they have Bertrand as backup to Cole,  it's not such a big deal.

But I hope Bellerin will be promoted next season, he has higher potential imo, and will fit nicely when Sagna moves to CB having signed a new contract Very Happy

Him and Jenkinson will then fight for the RB while Sagna plays in the big matches if needed.

However if Sagna leaves then I agree with you. In the end it all depends on Sagna if he signs a new contract.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:58 pm

I dont know why but I really believe Coquelin can be a good RB.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:09 pm

About Jenkinson, he’s worth his place but he should be playing in the reserve on the regular if he is not going to get minutes during EPL games.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Eskimo Splif Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:25 pm

We really need to prove that we belong on top during with our next five games.

Ryo is not good enough for Arsenal. Coquelin is quality; a versatile player that should be getting more minutes tbh.
Eskimo Splif
Eskimo Splif
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:52 pm

Coquelin doesn't play for us.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:56 pm

RealGunner wrote:Coquelin doesn't play for us.
I know that.Arsenal 0 - 2 Chelsea: Meh - Page 2 Military
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:57 pm

Was replying to Eskimo
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:14 pm

Some fans are already criticizing Wenger and the team :facepalm: 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:50 pm

EL Patron wrote:Some fans are already criticizing Wenger and the team :facepalm: 
Not sure what those fan expected from us, we played a strong Chelsea side who could challenge our first team. We gifted them a goal and it never going to be easy after that.

I was nice if we had won but we have bigger fish to fry this weekend.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next