Wilson37
RealGunner
Jay29
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Arsenal 0 - 2 Chelsea: Meh - Page 3 Empty Re: Arsenal 0 - 2 Chelsea: Meh

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:50 pm

EL Patron wrote:Some fans are already criticizing Wenger and the team :facepalm: 
Not sure what those fan expected from us, we played a strong Chelsea side who could challenge our first team. We gifted them a goal and it never going to be easy after that.

I was nice if we had won but we have bigger fish to fry this weekend.

Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:47 pm

In regards to the atmosphere, it's a two way thing:

http://www.blackscarfafc.co.uk/1/post/2013/10/atmosphere-no-chance.html

If fans want to get together and make noise, the club should be encouraging it, not stifling it.

There have been people on twitter today saying how certain sections of the ground are always vocal and supportive for the whole game, but other sections aren't so much.

When it's so disjointed, you're not going to generate a consistently good atmosphere.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:03 pm

I'm not judging Jenkinson just on this game. He's made these types of errors before... Best thing for him is to go out on loan and maybe show the talent that i personally don't see. Sitting on the Arsenal bench will do him no good. Same thing with Ryo.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Benry Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:31 pm

Like sportsczy said the context of our posts are not just looking at the game it's analysis on his overall performance. I've never been a fan of his, and I've been wrong about players before and I hold my hands up. But as already established this isn't a scapegoat it's a fact.

Like I mentioned earlier arguably his greatest asset is his engine, how many times did he gallop down the right. What annoyed me the most is the fact that he hardly tried, he didn't try and get involved he took up positions where he could not be found. Say what you want about Sagna offensively at least he gets in those areas. Even his presence on the pitch for someone who is 6"1 you'd expect to see that in the ariel duels.

Please don't mention rustiness, as Monreal and Vermaelen both played well with next to no game time, Flamini comes in the NLD and bosses it.

To be fair I'll leave my judgements as they are and support him and trust AW on this as he's a bette judge of a player than myself, but I struggle to back those that don't try and he's not working hard enough.

To get to Neville and Dixon's level he's got to work so much harder. To show the difference between Neville and Jenkinson I'll paraphrase a Neville quote "I was 5 yards out of position and let Overmars in, and we lost the league, that haunted me forever". Point being, Jenkison doesn't strike me as the type to think like this. I don't expect him to be Cafu-esque, but he could be a Ray Parlour type dependable when called upon, but to be honest as I've already stated I don't feel he's working hard enough a 5-year contract for doing very little promotes complacency.
Benry
Benry
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:08 pm

Don't get why Ryo wasn't sent on loan this season, especially after last season.... We all saw his talent at Bolton.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:22 pm

The opposite side of scapegoating is looking at players on the outside and assuming they are better than the ones we have. Le Coq was alright at RB but it is not his position and I'm sure of all people Arsene would know if he had a future as a RB. Honestly, Coquelin wasn't really that effective as a DM either last season. I have always had high hopes for Coquelin but if anyone is going to fail to make it at Arsenal out of Le Coq, Jenkinson and Ryo, it's likely Coquelin.

Jenkinson had a poor game but he's not a bad backup. We don't 'need' to get a new RB because someone had a bad game. We do need another defender considering we have 3 CBs, and said player could be a RB with Sagna moving central when needed, but Jenkinson's poor performance doesn't change our long-term squad needs.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:13 pm

I do find the sudden in depth assessment of Jenkinson as a player rather needless after one poor performance, but that's the nature of modern day fans. Fair enough if you've held the opinion that he's not good enough for a while, but the amount of people - not just here - suddenly turning on him is unfair.

Personally, I feel Jenkinson could benefit a lot from a loan spell. The next step in his development is to play 30+ games and he's not going to be able to do that with Sagna still going strong. I don't know how much he's going to improve when he's only playing a couple of games per month.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Eskimo Splif Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:46 am

RealGunner wrote:Coquelin doesn't play for us.
I know that, he's on loan to Freiburg. I just think he's a quality player and he should have been given more of a chance. He should not have been loaned imo.
Eskimo Splif
Eskimo Splif
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:44 am

i dont think Coquelin will make it at Arsenal..
Jenko has always looked good when he played 2-3 matches continuously.. and always looked rusty or error prone in the first match he comes from bench.. he needs to put in more effort and push for the first team spot.. he is not that technically talented.. but he is a defender/RB.. and can still be a good player in his position, the likes of Neville, Dixon as mentioned..
and about Ryo.. he is definitely talented.. he is just suffering from lack of gametime and confidence.. not confident to take on opponents and try his skills.. also needs to develop more physically.. he can be a very good asset to our team considering we dont have players of his kind..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3