Kick
Shed
fatman123
23 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Rumour Mill - Page 28 Empty Re: Rumour Mill

Post by fatman123 Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:43 am

Theres so many non-homegrown players we could ship out at the end of this season to bring in Varane without effecting the squads balance ie Cech, Mikel (could be replaced with Chalobah too), Salah, Drogba.

Varane has the potential to be one of the best CBs in the world in the future, if hes a 30mil buyout (which youd hope we could negotiate down to 20-25 if Varane kicks up a bit of a stink) and on top of that hes keen to come to Chelsea then we'd be stupid not to do whatever it takes to make it happen

fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:11 pm

Ancelotti wrote:He is a Real Madrid player, he is young and we need him. If he is going through a difficult time, we will help him. I always say that we have Ramos and Pepe, who are two of the best defenders in the world.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2201624-chelsea-transfer-news-raphael-varane-blow-dealt-latest-on-cristian-manea
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:12 pm

fatman123 wrote:
Ancelotti wrote:He is a Real Madrid player, he is young and we need him. If he is going through a difficult time, we will help him. I always say that we have Ramos and Pepe, who are two of the best defenders in the world.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2201624-chelsea-transfer-news-raphael-varane-blow-dealt-latest-on-cristian-manea

Well what is he meant to say really? "Yea, the arsehole wants shot of us. Eff 'im." Pretty unlikely.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:12 pm

sportsczy wrote:Remember that Mourinho hosted Varane's father and siblings at his house in Madrid before signing him...
-

Such a Mourinho move rofl

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:23 pm

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/calcio-internazionale/real-madrid-varane-rinnova-fino-al-2020-ora-e-ufficiale/

Signed a new deal until 2020 rofl
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:29 pm

yeah... he extended.  But typically, this means very little at Madrid.  For example, Di Maria extended in 2013 and Ozil in 2012... they both left within 9-12 months.  The only player where that didn't happen was Higuain.  He's the only one i can remember.  Heck, Lass Diarra was even offered an extension the year he left on loan Laughing.

The club policy is that a player is free to leave if he asks.  They do this so that the extensions are done and the club can maximize the transfer fee.

When mainstream media in France report together that a player is unhappy, it's usually spot on.  All this means is that Varane would cost 50 mil. The one thing that would make him stay is if Pepe is gone in the summer...

Last edited by sportsczy on Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:32 pm

PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

VARANE + POGBA = JIZZFEST.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:38 pm

sportsczy wrote:The club policy is that a player is free to leave if he asks.
sportsczy wrote:When mainstream media in France report together that a player is unhappy, it's usually spot on.

Thing is, if he is unhappy, and does want to leave, why did he sign the contract in the first place, knowing as anyone with half a brain would that it would only make it more difficult for Chelsea or anyone else to get him?

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:54 pm

because he's a good kid and didn't want Madrid to operate from a position of weakness....  and there's a give and take involved - he gets financial stability and Madrid get a higher transfer fee if he's sold.  So 1 of 2 things can happen imo:  Either Pepe is gone in the summer or Varane asks to leave.  We'll see which happens.  His fee will be huge though.  50+ for sure. City, Chelsea, PSG and Bayern can afford him.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:34 pm

I would pay £50m for him no questions asked.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:00 pm

I'll add this...  players who want to play should make the buying team pay AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE for them.  It's very hard not to play a guy you paid 50 mil for.  It's much easier with someone you only paid 30 for.  That's why i wanted Benzema to sign a HUGE extension at Madrid... could care less about the money in itself.  But i did care about his standing on the team and his wage is a big part of that.

For Varane, it's to his best interest that someone pay HUGE money if he ever decides to leave.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:13 pm

Arsenal and Chelsea on RED ALERT with Marseille open to selling 'the new Vieira' Gianelli Imbula:
Premier League rivals Arsenal and Chelsea could move for Marseille midfielder Gianelli Imbula in January with the French club willing to agree a deal
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/512371/Arsenal-and-Chelsea-on-RED-ALERT-with-Marseille-open-to-selling-the-new-Vieira

RED ALERT!!!!

rofl
-
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:33 pm

Laughing Imbula isn't even OM level quite yet Laughing Inconsistent and physically not ready yet. Don't think Lebrune will do anything anymore without Bielsa approving anyhow after the latest tornado...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:44 pm

We've been linked with him for last several years to absolutely no avail.

Papers just need something to full space up with.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:18 am

Laughing

Varane signing a new deal Laughing

Not sure I want to pay 50m for him.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:13 am

Liverpool and Chelsea keeping tabs on Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Julian Brandt:
Liverpool and Chelsea are believed to be keeping a close eye on Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Julian Brandt, according to reports
http://metro.co.uk/2014/09/18/liverpool-to-battle-chelsea-for-bayer-leverkusen-midfielder-julian-brandt-4873357/

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:06 am

Kick wrote:Laughing

Varane signing a new deal Laughing

Not sure I want to pay 50m for him.

I would be more confident if we were on RED ALERT over it, but as it's mere run-of-the-mill interest, I refuse to get my hopes up.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:22 am

Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:49 pm

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho says he has 'no relationship' with Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo:
Chelsea manager José Mourinho has again shrugged off speculation he is to pursue former player Cristiano Ronaldo this summer, saying the two have “no relationship”
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11109384/Chelsea-manager-Jose-Mourinho-says-he-has-no-relationship-with-Real-Madrids-Cristiano-Ronaldo.html

"There is no relationship. He plays for Real Madrid and I am Chelsea manager. We do not tend to meet in the street."

"There is no relationship, but there are memories. I remember the good times and the bad times."

"I must remember a kid who is a goalscoring machine, who helped me to be a champion, to win the Copa del Rey and the Super Copa. Probably I also helped him."

"We all helped each other, mutually, to make history, winning the title with 100 points against the best Barcelona team in history."

"Of Cristiano Ronaldo the player I keep the best memories and I wish him the best in his career, more with Portugal than with the club."
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:04 am

Shed wrote:José Mourinho says Benfica youngster Anderson Talisca was attracting the interest of a number of ‘great and important’ English clubs before moving to Portugal:
Chelsea manager José Mourinho says Brazil U20 international Anderson Talisca was being eyed by some of the best clubs in England and his inability to secure a work permit is the only reason he's not playing there right now
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2756204/Chelsea-boss-Jose-Mourinho-says-Benfica-youngster-Anderson-Talisca-attracted-Premier-League-sides-Lisbon-move.html

"I think Benfica hired well. They say Talisca is unknown, but he is only so unknown because he's only not playing in England because he doesn't have a work permit. If he had one, he would be here!"

"There were many English teams, great teams and important, that wanted him. Moreover, there were those who wanted to sign him, even though he could not play for now."

''They wanted to sign him, put him in a minor league [on loan] and hope that eventually he came to be selected [for Brazil's national team], and would consequently then get the work permit."

More than likely meaning we were one of them Laughing
-

José Mourinho confirms Brazilian striker Talisca 'one of two' long-term Chelsea targets:
José Mourinho has revealed that Benfica starlet Talisca is one of only two players that Chelsea have been tracking since 2012
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/512726/Jose-Mourinho-confirms-Brazilian-striker-Talisca-one-of-two-long-term-Chelsea-targets

"They [English clubs] knew him about as well as I know D'Artagnan and The Three Musketeers."

"I'm glad to see he's reading Alexandre Dumas. I admire him for that. I'm not that cultural. I limit myself to grammar.

"I don't like when a professional colleague doubt my words. Talisca is one of two players we've been scouting since 2012."

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:05 am

Laughing

Anyone still thinks we're going to sign CR7 is nuts.

Besides, we've already got a world class #7 :coffee:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:15 am

Kick wrote:Besides, we've already got a world class #7 :coffee:

Suspect
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:13 am

Rumour Mill - Page 28 Ramires
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:28 am

Lay off the drugs Kick
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:07 am

Rumour Mill - Page 28 Ramires
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:26 am

Chelsea and Arsenal join Crystal Palace in the race for Ipswich Town full-back Tyrone Mings:
Chelsea and Arsenal have joined the race for Ipswich Town full-back Tyrone Mings
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-arsenal-join-crystal-palace-4295750

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next