The "I am going to eat humble pie" Thread.

+77
Ganso
Mamad
guest7
B-Mac
BarcaLearning
Nishankly
Forza
guest_07
Lupi
Blue Barrett
jibers
Hapless_Hans
El Gunner
ioilersrock448
arabprince
zigra
farfan
Freeza
Valkyrja
Robespierre
iftikhar
Pip
FalcaoPunch
vivabarca38
CBarca
Chumlum
S
Arquitecto
The_Badger
chad4401
lszanto
RealGunner
halamadrid2
Lord Awesome
zizzle
Doc
RedOranje
Adit
VanDeezNuts
ExtremistEnigma
DeletedUser#1
StrugaRock
Amar
Kaladin
Zealous
dostoevsky
Casciavit
andiii
Art Morte
free_cat
Arsenalfaithfull
M99
elitedam
urbaNRoots
Red Alert
barca 2011
punkfusion1992
LeBéninois
Gil
Firenze
LeSwagg James
Motogp69
McAgger
fatman123
elm_baraja_shaman
Pedram
Swanhends
Dante
BarrileteCosmico
Lex
Tomwin Lannister
DuringTheWar
Rebaño Sagrado
The Franchise
izzy
Mr Nick09
Great Leader Sprucenuce
81 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The "I am going to eat humble pie" Thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: The "I am going to eat humble pie" Thread.

Post by Dante Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:45 pm

M99 wrote:Some Milanisti need to come here, I was the only one excited about the Cerci links.

Also yeah, thought by now Gourcuff would be the face of France and their best player.
Cerci was always hot and cold . I won't hold my breath yet , despite his very impressive season so far. As for Gourcuff , lol who didn't , very few that actually didn't like him when he was at his best. I still like him , like whatever , Gourcuff Proud

Maybe he could still turn it around , who knows.. but not at Lyon , that much is clear. I believe the downfall of Lyon , even though he obviously had a good part to play , is a reason why he has fallen from grace so hard. But anyway , i don't understand what he's still doing there .

Such a pity , he was always pure class on the ball and one of those players who could really unlock his teammates all over the field with his vision and passing. Intelligent play , simply great on set pieces and very able dribbler and holder of the ball. Apart from some good pace , he didn't lack anything , he was even scoring headers for a while which is clearly not the norm for players of his mould.

I still believe that any team who gives him a good 2nd chance within a nice project going on , is going to get back 10x times the benefits from Yohann. Last time i saw him play was last season and i honestly thought he would slowly get back to his best , but apparently he just keeps getting injured for some reason. Such a pity.

Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The "I am going to eat humble pie" Thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: The "I am going to eat humble pie" Thread.

Post by dostoevsky Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:47 pm

I once thought that Marco Motta would gradually learn how to position himself defensively and become a competent fullback.

Also I second BC on Pastore, though I didn't think he'd ever hit the heights of the Ballon D'Or, I certainly expected him to be one of the best attacking midfielders on the planet.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:51 pm

I've been bashing BVB recently so there is a good chance of humble pie being served but until then I think they will fail to live up to the hype this season.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:02 pm

Every Milanista needs a bit of humble pie over Muntari, he might be annoying at times and downright awful. But when he is asked to put in a shift, the man puts in a shift like no other. The best thing is that he offers another tactical perspective towards certain games
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:03 pm

Oh I thought Gago was the legit heir to Redondo at one point. Oh god did I eat some humble pie on that one.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:04 pm

@ SES: Dante, MTD and I have always readily admitted Muntari's tactical use just to name a few. Even then, he still deserves a lot of the crap he gets. Laughing
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:24 pm

3 years ago I said Obertan would become a great, great winger after watching him play vs the England U21s Mad 
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:34 pm

Zealous wrote:Oh I thought Gago was the legit heir to Redondo at one point. Oh god did I eat some humble pie on that one.
You didn't eat that pie alone, i took a big bite out of it too.
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:45 pm

Thought Pato would be the best striker in the world by now.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:48 pm

I used to think Moyes is an okay manager.

I've been wrong...He's not okay. He's f*cking shit and turd.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:53 pm

Never thought we'd sign 3 CBs in the same window and BR would play unorthodox formations involving 3/5 at the back. This is not necessarily good though. Laughing
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:56 pm

Amar wrote:3 years ago I said Obertan would become a great, great winger after watching him play vs the England U21s Mad 
https://vine.co/v/hjwT7xzhTAZ

:coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:59 pm

i once thought kaka would outshine ronaldo in their careers for madrid Mad 

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:04 pm

Where is the confession Mole?

I ll help you out with the first line.

''I have never been more wrong in my life when it comes BorjitOoOoO. The fact that i compared him to players like mehbaye makes me feel like im not worthy to live anymore..
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:05 pm

Any way.

Ramsey for me...never thought he will reach this level.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:09 pm

Adit wrote:Where is the confession Mole?

I ll help you out with the first line.

''I have never been more wrong in my life when it comes BorjitOoOoO. The fact that i compared him to players like mehbaye makes me feel like im not worthy to live anymore..
Don't see Borja wanted by Arsenal and Man Utd tbh.

Double relegation scrub rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:12 pm

Was pretty confident that when we first signed Pogba, he'd be spending 2 or 3 seasons on loan then going to our bench.

Fast forward to present day and he's playing at a WC level consistently Laughing
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:18 pm

Babel.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:22 pm

Yeah I thought Kaka would have a stellar career at Madrid.

And also this

RedOranje wrote:Babel.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:27 pm

Also back in 2002-2005 I thought Cassano would go on to reach Baggio heights.

He definitely had the talent Sad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:37 pm

I once considered Ozil, when he initially came to Real Madrid, to be quite overrated. Ate that humble pie nicely. Among my friends of an Azulgrana persuasion, I once touted Javier Portillo to be the next great Real Madrid striker while they were stuck with the likes of Rochenback and Giovanni. That didn't turn out as planned and have been reminded about my scouting "abilities" ever since.

Didn't see the big deal in Sturridge until I saw the big deal. Um, I know I ate humble pie (or was forced fed it by my aunt to be more precise) after the 4-0 beating Liverpool put on Real Madrid. The day before, I was on a gloating spree, the day after, the sound of silence...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:18 pm

I thought Gilardinho will be the new Vieri and Munatri to become the new Veira after his first season with Inter (which was more than decent)
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:11 pm

Mariga deceived me as well
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:13 pm

"Chicharito could be the next Hugo Sanchez."

Hey, I said "could be"....:whistle: :coffee:
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:35 pm

I didn't think bale would succeed for us tbh (I know its early) but so far so good for the lad
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:38 pm

Anyone remember if i have said anything obscene? really trying hard but can't think of anything.

Thought Vermaelen would be one of the best CB in the world once. I guess that counts
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next