What are you expecting from your team for the rest of 2013?

+14
Dante
sportsczy
Kamikaze692
Khaled
McLewis
M99
Onyx
RED
RealGunner
Kaladin
zizzle
McAgger
DeletedUser#1
Great Leader Sprucenuce
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What are you expecting from your team for the rest of 2013? Empty What are you expecting from your team for the rest of 2013?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:59 pm

Thought this would be an interesting subject....

Post your fixtures between now and rest of 2013 and say what you expect from them....

As for us we are... (H) Norwich, (H) WBA, (A) Swansea, (A) Man Utd, (H) Southampton, (A) Palace (H) Stoke (H) Arsenal.

I'm hoping and slightly expecting for 4 wins(Norwich, WBA, Palace and Stoke) 2 draws(Southampton and Swansea) and 2 defeats( Man Utd and Arsenal)

Now i have said this naturally we will lose to Norwich and Palace and beat Man Utd and Arsenal Laughing

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

What are you expecting from your team for the rest of 2013? Empty Re: What are you expecting from your team for the rest of 2013?

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:03 pm

- Everton (A) --> Expect a win, no doubt. It'll take us to top and Everton are always shit scared of us and their form has dipped a bit. But it's a derby and any result is possible.
- Hull (A) --> Must win, because these wins get you top 4 spot
- Norwich (H) --> Suarez Hattrick
- West Ham (H) --> Potential slip-up here, but with a moment of magic expect a narrow win
- Spurs (A) --> Wouldn't be disappointed with a draw, but think we can hit them on the counter quiet easily
- Cardiff (H) --> Sturridge hattrick
- City (A) --> Expect a loss
- Chelsea (A) --> Expect a draw. Almost certain it'll end a draw anyways.

Optimistically: 5 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss
Pessimistically: 4 wins, 1 draw, 3 losses

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

What are you expecting from your team for the rest of 2013? Empty Re: What are you expecting from your team for the rest of 2013?

Post by McAgger Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:05 pm

We've got.....(A) Everton, (A) Hull City, (H) Norwich, (H) West Ham, (A) Tottenham, (H) Cardiff, (A) Man City, (A) Chelsea

Hoping and expecting 5 wins or possibly more(Hull, Norwich, West Ham, Cardiff, and Everton) and possibly 3 defeats or draws (Spurs, City and Chelsea)

But I'm pretty sure we'll fail to beat 1 of the shittier sides and get a win against one of the bigger teams.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:14 pm

Bologna v Inter
Inter v Sampdoria
Inter v Turin (Italian Cup)
Inter v Parma
Naples v Inter
Inter v AC Milan

The home games against Samp and Parma should be in the bag, while only bad luck might ruin the trip to Bologna. Going to Napoli will not be easy so ill be thankful for a point. The derby is a derby and we could drop points there (although based on form a win is more than possible).

If we end the year very close to the 3rd place it will be more than im hoping for.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:17 pm

^ I can guarantee you we will get a great result at Goodison.

The motivation to go top AT Goodison will be enough. Gerrard is getting a good rest (not playing vs. Chile), and Suarez will be pomped after destroying Jordan.

Their slow build up will suit us, as they won't have Fellaini to elbow our players or out-thug us, so they'll try to play football and we'll school their slow laberous centre backs. Not to mention they'll have 4 derby debaters which is quiet important in those games. They won't know the intensity.

Martinez and Rodgers have gone head to head in their managerial careers 6 times. The record is:

Rodgers win: 4
Martinez win: 1
Draw: 1

Goals Scored for Rodgers side: 12
Goals scored for Martinez side: 3

Just had a visit at GrandOldTeam forum (RAWK of Everton) and they are shit scared...most predicting a loss for themselves Very Happy

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:20 pm

Milan v Genoa - Win
Livorno v Milan - Draw/Loss
Catania v Milan - Loss
Milan v Roma - 4-0 loss
Inter v Milan - Loss

Allegri will still be manager
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:21 pm

Yeah I'm pretty sure we'll beat Everton also. I'm literally never ever nervous when we play Everton.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:22 pm

Sepi i wouldn't pay much attention to the H2H due to the fact Martinez was at Wigan.

I agree with your points about their style of play though.... the other thing i was going to say was don't you think at all that their mentality might be different under Martinez compared to Moyes?

Or is just a case that the club in general fall to pieces on derby day?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:26 pm

Our fixtures

Southampton (H) - Win
Marseille (H) - Win
Cardiff (A) - Win
Hull (H) - Win
Everton (H) - Draw
Napoli (A) - Win
Manchester City (A) - Defeat
Chelsea (H) - Defeat
West Ham (A) - Win
Newcastle (A) - Draw

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:30 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Thought this would be an interesting subject....

Post your fixtures between now and rest of 2013 and say what you expect from them....

As for us we are... (H) Norwich, (H) WBA, (A) Swansea, (A) Man Utd, (H) Southampton, (A) Palace (H) Stoke (H) Arsenal.

I'm hoping and slightly expecting for 4 wins(Norwich, WBA, Palace and Stoke) 2 draws(Southampton and Swansea) and 2 defeats( Man Utd and Arsenal)

Now i have said this naturally we will lose to Norwich and Palace and beat Man Utd and Arsenal Laughing
Newcastle are the most unpredictable team in the league this season. I bet you they beat United, Arsenal,Saints and lose to Palace and Norwich etc.

----------------

Cardiff(a) Spurs(a) Everton(h) Newcastle(h) Villa(a) West Ham(h) Hull(a) Norwich(a)

Just realized we play Spurs twice in 4 weeks. 1st Dec then 1st Jan. A bit bizarre :/. Anyways I expect atleast 22 points from these fixtures. Yes I'm optimistic, but I believe we'll start a run of form after that Arsenal win.

Last edited by RED on Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:30 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Sepi i wouldn't pay much attention to the H2H due to the fact Martinez was at Wigan.

I agree with your points about their style of play though.... the other thing i was going to say was don't you think at all that their mentality might be different under Martinez compared to Moyes?

Or is just a case that the club in general fall to pieces on derby day?
I wouldn't be able to tell mate. Almost since I've started watching LFC-Everton derbies, Moyes has always been the manager. So I am not sure if their inferiority complex was moyes effect or club himself. Their fans seem to think it was Moyes, because derbies aside, they always bottled it on any big occasion.

Do you remember last year's derby in Goodison? It was the fastest tempo game I've watched all my life. Especially first half, it was legit 150k/hour game. We had 4 derby debutants that game in that game (Wisdom, Suso, Sterling, Sahin) and Sterling aside, the 3 were extremely fazed by the occasion and completely irrelevant and were lost. I expect their debutants to get a feel of that. YET, we still drew and should have won for all but a terrible referee call. That's why I'm literally never nervous about playing Everton. Even if we're at our worst state playing with bunch of 18 year olds, they find a way not to win.

Though, I doubt a Martinez-side would play at a tempo and aggressiveness of the Everton Moyes. I was a bit gutted that Arsenal lost yesterday because I didn't want united back in the mix...but thinking about it...a win in early kick off at Goodison to go top will set up the weekend almost too well xD !!

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:31 pm

RealGunner wrote:Our fixtures

Southampton (H) - Win
Marseille (H) - Win
Cardiff (A) - Win
Hull (H) - Win
Everton (H) - Draw
Napoli (A) - Win
Manchester City (A) - Defeat
Chelsea (H) - Defeat
West Ham (A) - Win
Newcastle (A) - Draw

Rickie Lambert aka pretty ricky aint having it this year mate.

That Southampton match has draw written all over it.

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:34 pm

RED wrote:

Newcastle are the most unpredictable team in the league this season. I bet you they beat United, Arsenal,Saints and lose to Palace and Norwich etc.

----------------

Cardiff(a) Spurs(a) Everton(h) Newcastle(h) Villa(a) West Ham(h) Hull(a) Norwich(a)

Just realized we play Spurs twice in 4 weeks. 1st Dec then 1st Jan. A bit bizarre :/. Anyways I expect atleast 22 points from these fixtures. Yes I'm optimistic, but I believe we'll start a run of form after that Arsenal win.
Have to say the reaction of every Manc I know to your win yesterday has been historical.
All people I am friends with on twitter or Facebook are literally filled with status of " MOYES RED ARMY HAS FINALLY AWAKENED" , "THE CHAMPIONS ARE FINALLY BACK TO PUT THE PRETENDERS TO BED", "WE GAVE YOU A HEAD START, NOW DOWN TO REAL BUSINESS" etc.

I had never heard so much gloating and excitement among my Manc supporting mates even when you won the double in 2008 Very Happy . Looks like everyone was sooooo desperate for a big win.

Having said that, I say you'll get 18 points from those games maximum. Take a 1-0 lead and sit back won't work quiet as well away from home and the players won't be as motivated in normal game as they were yesterday running 110km/h. :coffee:

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:36 pm

RED wrote:

----------------

I don't know if its common thing this year but we have the same but with West Brom.

Bit weird tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:38 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:
RED wrote:

----------------

Have to say the reaction of every Manc I know to your win yesterday has been historical.
All people I am friends with on twitter or Facebook are literally filled with status of " MOYES RED ARMY HAS FINALLY AWAKENED" , "THE CHAMPIONS ARE FINALLY BACK TO PUT THE PRETENDERS TO BED", "WE GAVE YOU A HEAD START, NOW DOWN TO REAL BUSINESS" etc.

I had never heard so much gloating and excitement among my Manc supporting mates even when you won the double in 2008 Very Happy. Looks like everyone was sooooo desperate for a big win.

Having said that, I say you'll get 18 points from those games maximum. Take a 1-0 lead and sit back won't work quiet as well away from home and the players won't be as motivated in normal game as they were yesterday running 110km/h. :coffee:
lol I think everyone, including me, is in hyperbole drive because we desperately needed that win. Especially for it to come against a great Arsenal team that have been flying in the league.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:39 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
RED wrote:

----------------

I don't know if its common thing this year but we have the same but with West Brom.

Bit weird tbh.
Yeah same here, we've got Hull City
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:40 pm

(A) Almeria (win)
(H) Galatasaray (win)
(H) Valladolid (win)
(A) FC Copenhagen (win)
(A) Osasuna (win)
(A) Valencia (win)

Last edited by Yohan Modric on Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:41 pm

Milan v Genoa - Draw
Livorno v Milan - Draw
Catania v Milan - Loss
Milan v Roma - Loss
Inter v Milan - Loss
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:43 pm

If we're in the top 4 come January first (or within 5 points of top), then I give us every chance to even title challenge.

Why?

Because We'll definitely buy a couple of proven players in January and all of our games against other top sides in second half of the season is at home (except United). That's a massive advantage momentum-wise.

All Red Cafe, Arsenal Mania etc think we'll slump to 7th after the run of away games to Everton, Spurs, City and Chelsea, but white-heart-lane aside, we've won at the other 3 grounds in the last 2 years. The only away ground that we are REALLY bad in are WHL, Emirates and Old Trafford.

StamfordBridge is the second Anfield anyways....we always play well there. I am just confident because we are finally becoming good at battering all the shit sides, something that really matters as demonstrated this weekend.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:48 pm

I'm loving the premier league at the mo'. Honestly, taking off my United specs off with regard to my previous posts, anyone can beat anyone in this league this season.

There will def be more unexpected results in the coming months and that table will continue to look different.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:57 pm

How we close out the year depends largely on the return of Totti, Gervinho and the re-establishment of our defense. Those are the 2 areas where we have suffered the most:

Roma v Cagliari - Win
Atalanta v Roma - Win
Roma v Fiorentina - Win
Milan v Roma - Win
Roma v Catania - Win

We get our big guns back and we're back in business....all of those games are very winnable. Fiorentina and Atalanta are tricky ones though.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:17 pm

To win all 4 league games and qualify to Round 16 in Copa del Rey!
In UCL we need just 1 of remaining 6 pts to lead the group, already qualified!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:56 pm

Almeria vs Real Madrid - win CR7 Hat-trick
Real Madrid vs Galatasaray - win Benz & CR7 Hat-trick
Real Madrid vs Valladolid - win CR7 Hat-trick
FC Copenhagen vs Real Madrid - win CR7 & Bale Hat-trick
Osasuna vs Real Madrid - Win Potential banana skin, but on their current form should be an easy win in the end. Oh and CR7 Brace
Valencia vs Real Madrid - Win CR7 Hat-trick. Djukic finaly sacked :coffee:
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:03 pm

Want to see how BBC tears it apart now that the midfield is set with Khedira-Alonso-Modric.... Unless Modric drops form, Isco got trolled pretty hard in all this unfortunately.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:36 pm

Milan to stay undefeated for the rest of 2013 starting from Genoa :coffee:
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next