Swanhends
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Mr Nick09
34 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Pato to Arsenal Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Pato to Arsenal Thread

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:14 pm

In the past year we have been singing promising rejects (Sturrdige, Coutinho, Sakho) so wouldn't surprise me if we did have an eye for him. But it seems way too good to be true.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:21 pm

The way people describe Pato nowadays: Diaby with a terrible attitude.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:54 pm

When you have been important at a club like Milan since 17 years old and you've played with legends at a high level, experienced the Champions League and have been playing at a league like Serie A for years , anybody would lose interest in the Brazilian league sooner or later. No disrespect (in all honesty) , yet it's not the same , especially for a player like Pato .

He's 23 not 32 and the sole reason he moved to Brazil was to put aside his injury issues. He did that , there's nothing left for him to drive him on and imo it's no coincedence he hasn't been doing well anymore in his homeland. I believe the team who will get him won't regret it . Pato at his best has always been a very dangerous player to have . If he really has put the injuries behind him , his best days are still yet to come imo.

He had been injury prone for too long and that will continue to haunt him unless he proves this isn't the case , with a team in a big european league and Arsenal is a great club to kick-start his career in europe , given Milan most probably ain't interested right now.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:16 pm

Pato Laughing
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:17 pm

He's been crap for ages, ever since Leonardo left Milan really.

Amazes me people have such blind faith he'll suddenly come good.... there is zero to suggest he will.

The heart is ruling over the head, there is zero logic behind the possibility of him coming good.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:19 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:He's been crap for ages, ever since Leonardo left Milan really.

Amazes me people have such blind faith he'll suddenly come good.... there is zero to suggest he will.

The heart is ruling over the head, there is zero logic behind the possibility of him coming good.
Season Milan won the Scudetto, he was great when he played. Made Milan win league winning games against Napoli and Inter (where Ibra was suspended). When ever he was fit at Milan, he was very good.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:22 pm

10m for him will be a f*cking bargain.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:26 pm

Pato? For 10 million? Would be an amazing signing. Arsenal should sign Gourcuff too and they've locked up the title IMO.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:28 pm

Commentator Lédio Carmona: "If Arsenal pay €8M for Alexandre Pato, Arsène Wenger has never seen the Brasileirão" [SporTV - Globo Esporte]
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:29 pm

Firenze wrote:Pato? For 10 million? Would be an amazing signing. Arsenal should sign Gourcuff too and they've locked up the title IMO.
Laughing stop it
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:38 pm

It wouldn't be a bargain :lol:its his value.

As i said he's been crap for years.... the only thing anyone can come up with is a couple of games in 2011 Laughing

The blind faith in him is damn strong.... i know he was seen as Brazil's savior and answer to replacing R9 and everyone believed in that but there comes a time to just learn when to let go.

You all remind me of Barca fans when Ronaldinho was in his 2nd to last and final season who refused to let go of the possibility he wasn't the same player anymore and everytime he scored a free kick it was " WOW HE'S BACK GET INNNN".

But at least Dinho was a world class player at one point, Pato has never been and quite frankly never will be.

Its very sad, i myself used to really like him but i'm not holding to 1% chance of him ever making anything of himself.

If only Pato believed in himself as much as his blind fans do.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:40 pm

Even in 2011-2012 season he begun well , but then after a certain point , his injuries seemed to have no end and he never really came back. It's since then he has never been himself , but i am not surprised it isn't well known tbh.

It's not delusions , i've been watching Pato play for years. I've seen how he's at his best and worst , regardless of injuries , and on top of that , i was one of the few fans that i was always saying he was over rated up to an extend , even during his best days at Milan. I was never a fanboy , what i am trying to say . Nevertheless i do like him and i am quite sure he has a lot to show yet.

Pato can still be important for the team that will trust him and if he has put the injuries behind him , there's no good reason suggesting he can't do well in europe again , even though it's obvious playing in europe is a lot harder and demanding than playing in Brazil ; so the team that signs him will be taking a risk , but a risk well worth taking.

Imo , if he signs for Arsenal he would prove a great signing. He can learn a lot under Wenger and the current Arsenal team could help him a lot to get back to his best. Regardless of Arsenal , i think what he really needs is a new challenge in europe .

Last edited by Dante on Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:43 pm

I'm not buying this rumour but perhaps Wenger believes he can revitalize his career like he did Ramsey?

It's a low risk high reward type buy.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:52 pm

Pato was a ghost in last period with Milan. When he played ( rarely, because he was / is ? frail as Diaby ) he was evanescent ,  I remember the penalty pulled up against Fiorentina Laughing
He was completely disheartened , the costant injuries didn't make him careless
he needed to change air ... anyway I am always  sceptical about an English experience , what Pato are we talking about? Pato 2011? almost 3 years ago?

Ah  : when Inter bought Coutinho  many ppl considered this transfer as a response to Pato and so so there was a general irony ( Pato considered almost as new Ronaldo) ... Well , now Coutinho is regular player to Liverpool  FC and he is an idol there, while Pato is struggling in Brazil....
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:59 pm

Gil wrote:I'm not buying this rumour but perhaps Wenger believes he can revitalize his career like he did Ramsey?

It's a low risk high reward type buy.
If Arsene ever signs him, he's going to be a backup for Giroud with the outside chance of being a starter incase (just incase, for Mole Laughing) he turns out to be great. For ~€10m I don't understand why it's so outrageous.

Anyway like you said I don't exactly believe Pato is the kind of striker we're looking to sign.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:17 pm

ANYONE IS BETTER THAN BENDTNER THE GREAT AND PARK THE PRODIGY.

Seriously though, would surprise me if Wenger goes for someone like Pato as reliable back up, maybe he likes gamble like he did with Bisoff (sp) before. Wenger should has another go at Ba now that he's not even the bench for Chelsea.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:23 pm

Twoism wrote:ANYONE IS BETTER THAN BENDTNER THE GREAT AND PARK THE PRODIGY.

Seriously though, would surprise me if Wenger goes for someone like Pato as reliable back up, maybe he likes gamble like he did with Bisoff (sp) before. Wenger should has another go at Ba now that he's not even the bench for Chelsea.
He just scored yesterday.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:23 pm

What does this have to do with Pato's injury? scratch
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:38 pm

El Chelsea Fuerte wrote:

Yeah i know, the few time he got to play hence i want him at Arsenal. If Mou get a striker this January, do you think he will let Ba go?
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:41 pm

Twoism wrote:
El Chelsea Fuerte wrote:

Yeah i know, the few time he got to play hence i want him at Arsenal. If Mou get a striker this January, do you think he will let Ba go?
Chelsea won't be signing any strikers this winter nor will any strikers leave. Ba will probably leave in the summer.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:03 pm

They shouldn't really take the risk with Pato. I mean if he was performing for AC Milan without injuries right now, then yeh. However for now they should go for someone more proven.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:14 pm

Why does this guy think he is a center forward when his best season came as a right winger under Ancelotti ?
All his problems came after trying to bulk up so he could play center forward.

Can some non biased Milan fans confirm ?

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:29 pm

They should go for Bojan. As much of a FM legend as Pato. Wenger, revitalize Bojan's career, fss. Won't even cost € 10M. € 9M are enough. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:37 pm

10m is absolutely worth the risk with Pato. Look at how Giu Rossi is turning up for Viola
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:17 pm

16 different injuries in his five and a half years with the Milan, Pato gradually stopped being the player who we had signed and showed promise as a teenager. It was easy to notice how quickly he had taken over the body of a well-built man over the years, letting many people forget that after all he was still a 22 year old.

From Pato’s point of view, he obviously started off well. He had the whole world at his feet for a good couple of seasons as late as 2011, when he was scoring at a good enough rate despite his injuries which were not as niggling as they were in the last two and half seasons. Clubs around Europe were in awe of this kid, and envious of Milan for having snpped upon a player who many considered as a future legend and the Rossoneri’s future. But his body perhaps betrayed him, and as such he faced countless problems re adapting to the game.

With every goal, he took a step closer towards what the fans wanted him to be, be it that superb brace agianst Read Madrid at the Bernabau or the brilliant solo against Barcelona at the Camp Nou. And that’s one reason why every time he went out of action, his return was much anticipated by one and all and it would be safe to bet that despite the sad end to this love affair, the majority still feels bad that he is no longer a part of the club. Resisting bids in the exess of over 30-40 million every summer and winter for an injury prone player is simply not that easy. They could have sold him to PSG for 50 million, and perhaps one of Silva or Ibrahimovic would still have stayed at the club, not to forget that Carlos Tevez’s arrival hinged upon that deal. But Pato asked for another chance, and it was granted without a second thought.

I've certainly had my issues with Pato and like Mono said, he had one of his best seasons at RW. But, i also think he performed well in our title winning season. The main issue issue i've had with Pato is his winger like tendencies, he always tred to drift wide, get past defenders (Which resulted with him running into defenders), i'll be blunt, he used to destroy our buildup more times than i can remember. But hey, players mature and who knows what he might offer if this move to Arsenal solidifies.

I recall us having first say when we sold him to Corinthians, though i'm not sure on the details. It was hinted that he would return to Europe in 2-3 years time, and Galliani said that he will return to Milan.

My opinion on this is that if the reported fee is true (10-12m?) then Arsenal should go ahead as the fee is extremely low, its more of a low risk high reward deal. I think Pato that Pato will manage to settle in the PL fine, it isn't as tactically demanding as Serie A.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:47 pm

If someone is to sign him ,it shoudn't be more than 5M euros . And even that.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next