Swanhends
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Mr Nick09
34 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The Pato to Arsenal Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Pato to Arsenal Thread

Post by LeBéninois Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:47 pm

If someone is to sign him ,it shoudn't be more than 5M euros . And even that.

LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:49 pm

McAgger wrote:10m is absolutely worth the risk with Pato. Look at how Giu Rossi is turning up for Viola
Gio Rossi was much better and much more reliable player even before he got his injury tho.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:19 pm

After watching Arséne's press conference I'm pretty sure he's not interested at all in him. Morata on the other hand (dat cheeky smile when asked about him) could happen if I've ever learned anything from Wenger's press conferences. He also suits our style better.

Instead of Pato we could just play Podolski/Walcott upfront, it won't be any different.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:47 pm

McAgger wrote:10m is absolutely worth the risk with Pato. Look at how Giu Rossi is turning up for Viola
Stupid comparison.... Pato has never been as good as Rossi was at Villarreal.

It was a big risk for Fiorentina but at least there was a level Rossi reached before his injury to take that risk.

It was just injuries with Rossi.... with Pato its totally different he's been fit his entire time in Brazil yet been utter garbage not a single person in Brazil rates him anymore.

If he can't do it in Brazil, what in gods name makes anyone think he can do it in Europe?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:03 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

It was a big risk for Fiorentina but at least there was a level Rossi reached before his injury to take that risk.

It was just injuries with Rossi.... with Pato its totally different he's been fit his entire time in Brazil yet been utter garbage not a single person in Brazil rates him anymore.

If he can't do it in Brazil, what in gods name makes anyone think he can do it in Europe?
Lets not make out Pato to be Shola here, Pato had 2 good seasons where he had 15 goals & 14 in 08-09 and 10-11 respectively, and at a relatively young age. I get that Rossi has had better seasons, but the premise that Pato is scrubbing in X league and won't succeed in Y league cannot be constituted as a tangible argument (Plenty of players were bad in one league and excelled in another), in that, the logic can act both ways and relies on assumption.

Pato, has been unfortunately marred by a multitude of injuries in Milan, additionally, Ronaldinho and Robinho proved to somewhat of a factor in his development what with all the late night rituals..
If he can find his feet at Arsenal, and gain moment, he may prove to fulfill some of his potential (Albeit late) RVP exploded at a late age, no reason why Pato can't if he has his mind set.

I am not arguing that Pato is better than Rossi, just that under no circumstances should we be able to assume a player's performances in a league where he hasn't played in.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:43 pm

His goal against Barca is still one of the best ever IMO.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:55 pm

Valkyrja wrote:His goal against Barca is still one of the best ever IMO.
My personal favorite

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:58 pm

Another pace merchant like Torres who get found out when they lose it after injuries.

3-5 million would be a gamble worth taking. 10 million on him would be lunacy. Seriously, if he's failing to impress against those part time defenders in the Brazilian league he has no chance of a revival in the best league in the world.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:02 am

I love it how some people are calling him overated if he managed to stay fit he could have been in the top 5 strikers in the world by now maybe even the best, yes that's right he has all the attributes he has just been unlucky. Who ever gets him is lucky as I really really wish Juventus would take a punt on the kid pato-tevez up front wow wee
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

The Pato to Arsenal Thread - Page 3 Empty

Post by McAgger Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:11 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

My point flew right over your head. Not a comparison whatsoever. Just saying there is a precedent case to a similar situation with low risk high reward.

Also Moal don't act like you've been watching Pato in the Brazilian league. He's only 24 and everyone knows he has got massive potential and the only thing that did stop him were injuries. The reason he may not be setting the world on fire in Brazil is because he's disinterested like someone already pointed out. He was playing in one of the greatest clubs in the world and in some of the most prestigious competitions. Now he's playing in a garbage league with awful venues. A change of scenery is all that's needed IMO.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:55 am

El Shaarawy wrote:
My personal favorite

You call that defending?

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:23 am

Firenze wrote:Another pace merchant like Torres who get found out when they lose it after injuries.

3-5 million would be a gamble worth taking. 10 million on him would be lunacy. Seriously, if he's failing to impress against  those part time defenders in the Brazilian league he has no chance of a revival in the best league in the world.
+1
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:06 am

If he's being bought for a back up role ala what Chamakh was, and Bendtner is now then yea I think it's a risk worth taking. Why not? Having him and Walcott swap positions and running down the oppositions defense would cause nightmares as they are both fast as hell. He would come on late and could cause a heap of trouble with his speed. Plus it's not like they are buying him to relay on to start. That would just be a plus. Giroud would still be the main guy up front, plus they still have Podolski coming back from injury (when is he returning btw?). Plus he can play on the wings so it would give Wenger a ton of options up front just with this one single purchase. So Pato would be more than a nice little solid super back up purchase. He could just need a change of scenery, and what more to motivate the guy than to play in the worlds best league thats currently top of the table?

Plus has all the ingredients Wenger likes

- Odd/Cool sounding name: Check
- Still youngish: Check
- Tons of unfulfilled potential: Check
- Injury prone: Check
- Good looks: Check
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:52 am

Please let this happen, then my other favourite player would have played for the club is support Proud

I would take Pato0o0o0o anyday
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:00 am

El Chelsea Fuerte wrote:
El Shaarawy wrote:
My personal favorite

You call that defending?
I call that a great goal.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:41 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:
My personal favorite

This is the best game he ever played. It's crunch time towards the end of the season and Milan need to beat Napoli to end Napoli's title chase. Pato steps up and outshines Ibra. He tore Napoli to shreds and it was at that point that he reached his peak as a player. Constant injuries and re-injuries on his return to the field, unfortunately, made Pato useless. He is a real talent though, and I would gladly have him back at Milan once he's over his injury prone period... on a free transfer, of course.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:09 pm

El Chelsea Fuerte wrote:
El Shaarawy wrote:
My personal favorite

You call that defending?
Laughing Pato out for a light stroll in the park there
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:19 pm

Injuries definitely ruined what could have been a good career at Milan - I chose not to use great because in my opinion Pato still needed/needs to prove himself. My issue with him was always his link up play and while there is no question in my mind that he struggles with that aspect of his game (have not watched him in Brazil), I do find that more time on the pitch would have allowed him an opportunity to build chemistry with the team.

The kid was always one move away from blowing your mind with magic however consistency is something I value in a player. I think he would be a great fit for Arsenal and it would allow him an opportunity to prove himself on a bigger stage.

All that being said, I don't find 10 million to be a ridiculous asking price. I think a move out of Brazil would be good for the kid and as much as I might have questioned his greatness in Milan, I do believe he is capable of more than he has shown us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:12 pm

Pato has to put some of the blame on himself, tbh.

The guy had the world at his feet when he was playing as a SS/Winger. Next summer you find him bulked up and he was saying how he wanted to play as a CF, R9 like.

As for his performances in Brazil, I agree with Dante. The guy probably has no motivation to play in Brazil anymore and the only reason he went there was to recover from his injuries.

Arsenal should sign him, would be a great backup for Giroud and if he performs well he may even be a starter. 10M for him isn't that much considering he's still quite young and he has alot to prove. A low risk high reward type of deal.

Do it, Arsene.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyDaBeast Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:25 pm

get rid of robinho and matri, loan niang bring back Pato, and put him on the RW a la leonardo style. i actually find he played great there.

ES - Balo - Pato
  Kaka

Brb, fapping
TonyDaBeast
TonyDaBeast
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content