alexjanosik
free_cat
The Franchise
futbol
BarrileteCosmico
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Do we need a Keita? Empty Do we need a Keita?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:09 am

Our midfield is seriously lacking in someone with grit that will increase our ball recovery rate and provide an athletic advantage for hard games. While Song was originally envisioned to fill this role it seems that he is not taken into account as a CM this season, making him only a sub to Busquets. Do we need a role player that can add a more physical presence to our midfield?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Do we need a Keita? Empty Re: Do we need a Keita?

Post by futbol Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:49 am

Yes and no.

No, because Keita was never as important as people make out in hindsight. The midfield trio was always Busquets-Xavi-Iniesta. Iniesta's injuries in 09/10 resulted in more minutes for Keita but overall Pep never went into a game thinking: "We need more grit now, let me start a game with Xavi or Iniesta on the bench for Keita." lol Most of the times his obligatory 70 minute introduction would just anger Culés. See Arsenal game in 10/11. Until 68th minute it's 1-0. Then Keita comes in for Villa, Iniesta makes room in the center for Keita and moves to the wing. 15 minutes later it's 2-1 Arsenal. 1 physical body in the middle doesn't change anything. What's he going to do? Run around and "outmuscle" opponents while his 10 other teammates don't play like that?

On the other hand: Yes, because Xavi is finished now. We do need more energy in the middle. Not necessarily physical power (the cliché big, black, muscly guy) but someone who has more mobility left in him than Xavi. Also because Martino wants to play differently now. Vidal would be the perfect signing (impossible). Koke too (not much easier to get). But in the end it just comes down to replacing Xavi, really.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:27 am

Yes, we do. The Keita of year 1 anyway. Thought so before last season ended and even more now Thiago is gone.

Our midfield is too same-ee (English phrase if its not clear) and the only really different player (Sergi Roberto) isnt getting any playing time. Our current subs dont change the composition of the midfield, even when Song enters.

Shame we cant get Vidal, he is the exact player I think we could use and have thought that since this idea came about.

There are others out there but yeah, fat chance.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:48 pm

No we don't, Sergi Roberto and Song can do what Keita did and are better players.
We would just need Tata to use them, which doesn't seem likely unless it's in cup or rubbish games, because in any other game he will use players with more status regardless of form or need.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:32 pm

You mean like when he subbed off Iniesta in El Clasico and subbed on Alex Song. And got burned for it by the press? Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:41 pm

futbol wrote:You mean like when he subbed off Iniesta in El Clasico and subbed on Alex Song. And got burned for it by the press? Laughing
No, I mean starting Song or especially Sergi Roberto when we think we might need more energy in midfield and especially when Xavi and Iniesta are not playing well.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:30 pm

I think it depends.If we dont implement a proper pressing strategy and do a half baked job,then yes we need someone athletic in midfield.
But if we implement proper pressing,then I dont see why our current midfielders cant do the job.By proper pressing,I mean pressing as a team and from the front.That means forwards act as first line of defense and try to win the ball early.

And yes,Vidal is someone that i would like.But I have another idea.Why not Alves in midfield?I am sure he can play midfield for us.He is a great passer,good under pressure,combines well and on top of that he has a great engine and great intensity.just what we are looking for.Only problem is,we would need to get a great RB to replace him.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:53 pm

can you see Neymar executing a proper pressing strategy though?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:19 pm

I dont see why not.Surprisingly he is a very hard working player.I think with the right coaching he can.The biggest problem to implementing a proper pressing strategy is Messi.He is the laziest player on the planet.And him walking around as if he owns the pitch doesnt exactly motivate the other players to give it their all.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:28 pm

alexjanosik wrote:I dont see why not.Surprisingly he is a very hard working player.I think with the right coaching he can.The biggest problem to implementing a proper pressing strategy is Messi.He is the laziest player on the planet.And him walking around as if he owns the pitch doesnt exactly motivate the other players to give it their all.
Really? It wasn't always like that was it?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:17 pm

alexjanosik wrote:

He is a great passer,good under pressure,combines well and on top of that he has a great engine and great intensity.just what we are looking for.Only problem is,we would need to get a great RB to replace him.
I literally cant name 1 rightback I am 100% sure would do a job of replacing Alves.

Though, with Alba, maybe you dont need one with the multidimensional game of Alves from fullback and a more safety first "regular" fullback.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:18 pm

And nah, not Song. He is too slow.

His first step is alright, he can defend really well within a 3 yard radius but when you get him turning and movign side to side he struggles.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:43 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:can you see Neymar executing a proper pressing strategy though?
Did it well enough with Brazil against Spain in the confederations cup.

This is why I feel Paulinho could have been a great addition. Energetic, box-box, hassles the opponent really well, is fairly physically imposing (at least, he won't get outmuscled ever), can run for days and can be a goal threat to boot. Also he is very good at set pieces, and has quite the leap. The only reservations I have is that he is technically behind the rest of Barca (although who isn't I guess), and I find his movement when the team has the ball leaves something to be desired. Really though, he reminds me of Keita in his first year.

I agree with Alex here. If we can implement an effective pressing strategy I don't see why we would need a player like Keita or Paulinho. Then again, that player could be useful utility, and certainly I think that type of player is needed if we continue to press like we are.

That being said, the Paulinho boat has sailed since he was just bought in the summer and Levy would price Barca out of buying.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:17 am

What do ya'll think of looking at Veratti as a Xavi replacement? I read Gundogan (sp?) has been injured with a odd back issue so he might even be out of the question
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:24 am

We already have someone like Keita in our ranks, just better at everything. Ever heard of Rafinha? Great engine, great athleticism, mobile, likes to tackle and get stuck in (6 yellow cards in 10 starts and 2.4 tackles per game, more than Pique has for Barca right now, which shows his combative mindset), dribbles / drives forward with the ball very well, knows how to score goals. Potentially one of the best box-to-box midfielders in the world. Why am I reading names like Paulinho here when we have this talent? If he played for Porto and was a Mendez client, he'd be a possible € 40 million target for top clubs now. lol

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:02 am

seems to be a talented family..
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:11 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:seems to be a talented family..
Nah. His brother isn't as talented. :coffee:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:07 pm

futbol wrote:
Haha, behind the ones and zeros coming through the fiber cables, I can see your eyes shiny with tears
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:09 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
futbol wrote:
Haha, behind the ones and zeros coming through the fiber cables, I can see your eyes shiny with tears
That's just ... dust getting into my eyes ... I swear. SadSadSad

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:15 pm

this rafinha is loaned out right?

what's happening with Afellay actually, wasn't he supposed to be a great talent?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:27 pm

Yes, Rafa is playing at Celta.

Afellay is a winger. Something we have in abundance nowadays. He'll be shipped out. Has been out for some time with some serious injuries.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:58 am

I haven't seen Rafinha enough to judge really. Which reminds me I need to watch more of Celta anyway, mostly for Rafinha though.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:49 am

The Franchise wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:

He is a great passer,good under pressure,combines well and on top of that he has a great engine and great intensity.just what we are looking for.Only problem is,we would need to get a great RB to replace him.
I literally cant name 1 rightback I am 100% sure would do a job of replacing Alves.

Though, with Alba, maybe you dont need one with the multidimensional game of Alves from fullback and a more safety first "regular" fullback.
Well he is the GOAT RB.Not going to replace him.But sooner or later we need a replacement.We can settle for a very good one instead.I have no idea who though.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:08 am

Lahm?
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:00 pm

danyjr wrote:Lahm?
hehe.. yeah right..
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next