Raptorgunner
Lex
SamuelJayC
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Arsenal v Hull Preview Empty Arsenal v Hull Preview

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:52 pm

Arsenal v Hull City, Wednesday 4th December 7.45pm, Emirates Stadium, Premier League

Arsenal v Hull Preview Flamini_cardiff2-498x345
Arsenal celebrate Flamini's strike against Cardiff on the weekend

Premier League

1. Arsenal 31pts
2. Chelsea 27pts
3. Man C 25pts
4. Liverpool 24pts
-----
5. Everton 24pts
6. Newcastle 23pts
---------
10. Hull 17pts

Arsenal to rotate as hectic month begins

When Arsène Wenger admitted he'll rotate his squad for the visit of Hull City on Wednesday night - "We have so many games that in some positions I will have to change" - it was hardly a surprise. The fixture list ahead for Arsenal makes for a grueling read; 7 fixtures this month, four of them away, represents a schedule that will further test the Gunners' trophy credentials. Everton (h), Napoli (a), Man City (a) and Chelsea (h) follows the game with Hull, whilst tricky-looking trips to West Ham and Newcastle after Christmas complete a hectic month for Wenger's side.

"In every single game I [will rotate]," the Frenchman said on Tuesday morning, "I try to limit the number because I do not want to disrupt the balance of the team, so I do that in every single game."

High-flying Hull provide solid test

A year ago, Hull City sat 5th in The Championship. Now, heading into December, they lie 10th in the top-flight - a real indication of the incredible work Steve Bruce has done at the KC Stadium. The win against Liverpool on Sunday was the best moment yet, a victory thoroughly deserved. The summer additions, - including Tom Huddlestone and Jake Livermore from Spurs, Curtis Davies from Birmingham and Maynor Figueroa from Wigan, amongst others - have proved fruitful, flourishing in Bruce's favoured 3-5-2 formation.

Match Facts

* Arsenal have won 8 of the last 9 matches against Hull in all competitions (W8 D0 L1).

* Hull have won just 1 of their last 30 Premier League away games (W1 D7 L22).

* Hull were the first away team to concede the opening goal but come back to win a Premier League game at the Emirates Stadium (2-1 in Sept 2008).

* Arsenal have lost just 1 of their last 15 Premier League games at the Emirates Stadium (W11 D3 L1).

* Arsenal have conceded just 15 goals in their last 23 Premier League games, only one team has scored more than one in a match against them in that run (Aston Villa in August – 1-3).

* Wojciech Szczesny has the best saves to shots ratio (81%) in the Premier League this season (min 16 shots on target faced).

Team News

Arsenal

Sagna (hamstring), Podolski (fitness), Chamberlain (knee), Diaby (knee) & Sanogo (back) are all unavailable.

Hull

Davies (suspended), McShane (hamstring), Quinn (hamstring) & Aluko (calf) are all out, whilst Fryatt has been recalled from a loan at Sheffield Wednesday.

Arsenal v Hull Preview AbFX9H4alL

Arsenal subs: Fabiański, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, Özil, Gnbary

Hull subs: Harper, Faye, Rosenior, Boyd, Gedo, Graham, Fryatt
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Hull Preview Empty Re: Arsenal v Hull Preview

Post by Lex Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:42 am

One perfect ball over the top and Walcott will have a field day tomorrow against that defence
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:43 am

Great job Sam.

Love the line up, hope Wenger gives some players rest, we have a tough week ahead of us. Hull have done well but have not been consistent yes "Liverpool mauled by Hull City's tigers" but the Arsenal guns are big enough to put any animal to sleep.Laughing I think it will be a weird game and we should walk away with all 3 points.

Cant wait for Podolski to come back and our subs. :bow:

What about this line up?

Jenkinson – Mertesacker – Koscielny – Gibbs
Arteta – Flamini
Wilshere – Roscisky – Cazorla
Walcott
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:59 am

Gibbs is being rotated, Wenger has said that - It'll be Monreal.
I think Ramsey will start..
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:15 am

Cant wait for tomorrow, massive game as we will have to rotate for first time in a league game. Let's see how wenger manages it and the squad reacts to it. I think ozil and ramsey have to get a break...Giroud?? probably too but who will play upfront? I would not use walcott as hull will defend extremely deep making him useless upfront, on other hand poldi is one week away.

Anticipating!

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:26 am

I'm not sure Ramsey does need a break. He doesn't look jaded at all and dropping him may disrupt our balance a bit. On his form and given he is showing no signs of fatigue, I'd like to see him play - after all don't forget we need to win this game.. more so than the City and Napoli matches tbh (not by too much for the latter!).. Ramsey can have a rest for the Napoli game and then if December takes its toll, again when we play the hammers.

I would prefer Giroud rested as he genuinely appears to be struggling right now with fitness and we will need him at 100% for Everton and going into this treacherous month. Should be left on the bench as an option just in case.

I'm not sure he will be rested but TBH it's as gooder time as we are going to get to do so. A Davies-less Hull at home is ideal. I'd go with TGSTEL -  we don't need him to score goals, we just need him to be a bothersome twot up front to open up space for Theo to get in behind.

Good chance to rest Per, Gibbs, Arteta, Ozil also.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:04 am

Agree with the above poster. Ramsey looks like he can continue, I can not say the same for Özil and Wilshere though.

We need to keep the run going and particularly because this is the easiest game on paper that we have in this month.
C'mon Arsenal!!!
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:25 am

At the risk of resorting to Wengerisms, if we are to win any tangible silverware this term, we must treat every game as a cup final. Unfortunately, despite our quality in depth (yes, yes, I know we still need a striker), fatigue dictates the need to rotate.

We need to keep our focus and concentration to win this, no doubt. Any complacence can be punished, and Liverpool dropping points against Hull was another testament to the quality of the league this season.

I am steeling myself to be prepared for any sub par, flat, lifeless performances in the coming month. This period is crucial, before we can make any deliberations on what we could expect at the end of the season.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:05 am

Great work Sam.

Think Cazorla might be rested and Wilshere will play. It can go either way obviously. Resting Ozil would be ideal too. Really excited to see Walcott. Hope he does well.

Hull will be very confident after beating Liverpool. We absolutely can't take them lightly. Have to be at least 2 or 3 up before dropping down to gear 3. We all know Hull have beaten us at home before. Can't allow that again.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:06 am

Although there is a higher chance of pigs flying, I like Raptor's idea of playing Theo up front and giving Giroud a breather :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:34 am

Szczesny
Jenkinson Mertesacker Vermaelen Monreal
Flamini Wilshere
Walcott Cazorla Rosicky
Giroud

This would be my team for tonight, which is balanced with a lot of rotating and a good team to win and not underestimate Hull City. We all know how they are gonna approach the game, they'll park the bus and counter which is where Giroud comes into play, he's been so important for us against these kind of opposition. We can rest him against Everton, who under Martinez will come at us rather than wait (I'd play Walcott upfront here) - and Napoli where he's not needed (again Walcott). Giroud would come back after a week's rest against City Smile

Also I would rest Koscielny rather than Mertesacker. Mertesacker/Koscielny against Everton , Koscielny/Vermaelen against Napoli and Mertesacker/Koscielny against City. Just feel more comfortable having Mertesacker for the bigger matches.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:07 am

urbaNRoots wrote: Just feel more comfortable having Mertesacker for the bigger matches.
Urban Proud

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:15 am

We are shit, One of Suarez, Sturridge, Coutinho doesnt play we have no one to replace them. You'll win this easy, Chill.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:52 am

This is an absolute must-win considering the games coming up.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:01 am

Samuelj29060 wrote:This is an absolute must-win considering the games coming up.
Absolutely. A lose or a draw would be a dent in momentum and confidence. Which is something we don't need heading into this tough run of fixtures.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:05 pm

Guys how come Wenger does not play Vermaelen as a right back instead of Jenko?
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:12 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:Guys how come  Wenger does not play Vermaelen as a right back instead of Jenko?
Why would he do that??

And why is GL underrating Jenks suddenly? Just because Sagna has been injury free this season and we want him to sign on for longer? Jenks has barely featured this season!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:26 pm

Well TV has featured as a right back in the past if I am not mistaken. I assumed he was higher/should be higher on the pecking order than Jenkinson (Thats not taking anything away from Jenkos ability btw).
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:27 pm

Jenks perfomance against Chelsea has changed some fans opinion about him. He is hard worker and will only get better.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:30 pm

I would much rather have Jenks there.. But TV5 should be starting today given the rotation anyway, I would be surprised if we went into the next 10 days period without making use of the quality options we do have.. It's bad enough having to play Giroud in every single game for 90 minutes..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:32 pm

Jenkinson is the type of player who needs a good run of games to really get going. Now I know we are left with the dilemma of wondering how he will get better if we are not offering him any games at all.

Given the importance of the game , I would much rather put TV (who is pretty under rated thesedays). Vermaelen offers an offensive dimension to the team- something which is yet to be seen from Jenkinson imo.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:36 pm

The thing is, I dont think our defenders (at least not the Cbs) are as worked up by the opposition as they use to be during the yesteryears. A lot of it has to do with the teams new ability to defend as a unit. Apart from the Dortmund game, I dont recall any games where our defenders have had to break a sweat.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:46 pm

I have a feeling we'll see Bendtner at some point tonight pale 
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:51 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
Szczesny
Jenkinson Mertesacker Vermaelen Monreal
Flamini Wilshere
Walcott Cazorla Rosicky
Giroud

This would be my team for tonight, which is balanced with a lot of rotating and a good team to win and not underestimate Hull City. We all know how they are gonna approach the game, they'll park the bus and counter which is where Giroud comes into play, he's been so important for us against these kind of opposition. We can rest him against Everton, who under Martinez will come at us rather than wait (I'd play Walcott upfront here) - and Napoli where he's not needed (again Walcott). Giroud would come back after a week's rest against City Smile

Also I would rest Koscielny rather than Mertesacker. Mertesacker/Koscielny against Everton , Koscielny/Vermaelen against Napoli and Mertesacker/Koscielny against City. Just feel more comfortable having Mertesacker for the bigger matches.
this would be my team too, question of giroud but who else can play there?

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:51 pm

Great work Sam

scary when looking at minutes Aaron has played tbh
Arsenal v Hull Preview Bams-exCQAAwh_z
based on Arsene comments i think CB area might go unchanged

Hull at home but where else we can do experimental stuff
i would go with
Flamshere pivot
with Gnab Rozza and santi Supporting Theo

but that not gonna happen lol

Meyler Joined Koren and Sagbo to stop pool defence plying it to midfield easily
but they could still play it through them thats where Wenger saying not disrupting teams balance is important

lets do this
COYG

should have atleast 38 pts before facing chavs which is another must win game
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content