Rebaño Sagrado
mr-r34
LeBéninois
Onyx
Collblanc
36 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Predict the World Cup progression/results - Page 4 Empty Re: Predict the World Cup progression/results

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:22 pm

Playing in South America is going to be a massive shock to the system for a lot of the European teams and a massive bonus for the Central and South American teams. There will be a ton of shock results IMO. re are my unconventional picks at this point in time.

Mexico
Croatia
Cameroon > Brazil, Mexico
Brazil

Spain
Netherlands > Spain, Chile
Chilie
Australia

Colombia
Japan
Ivory Coast > Colombia, Ivory Coast
Greece

Italy
Uruguay > Uruguay, Italy
England
Costa Rica

Switzerland
France > Ecuador, Honduras
Ecuador
Honduras

Argentina
Bosnia > Argentina, Bosnia
Nigeria
Iran

Germany
Portugal >Portugal, USA
USA
Ghana

Belgium
Russia > Belgium, Russia
Korea
Algeria

I know, I know. Let me explain the Germany prediction. I know a lot of people probably ignored the result but we (USA) beat Germany this year.

Yes it was a friendly but we usually play them very tough and I don't think we beat them but I think we match up very well with them with our coach, some German players and playing in South America and they do not come out of that game with full points.

So with dropping points to the USA and IMO Spain flat out beats them they don't make it out of the group. IMO, this is a very bad group match-up wise for Germany. There are a lot of things under the radar going against them.

And I'm part German so no, I'm not hating on them.

Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Predict the World Cup progression/results - Page 4 Empty Re: Predict the World Cup progression/results

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:24 pm

Sorry, not Spain but Portugal.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:36 pm

Dat total lack of faith banana

Bring on that underdog mentality, its our best hope
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:53 pm

BTW, whoever thinks this England team is going to fly to Brazil play in those conditions with two teams basically from that region and come out of that group are really not looking at this tournament in the right way.

FWIW, Uruguay will mop the floor with England in South America and hell, I'll take Costa Rica over England playing in Brazil.

This group is a nightmare for England. Especially with Hodgson already complaining about being more nervous over where they will play in Brazil over who they will play. It's already on there minds and they haven't even gotten on the plane yet.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:22 am

Italy have it very tough after the get out of their group.

If Italy finish 1st in their group, they will face Spain in the quarter-finals. If Italy finish 2nd in their group, they will face Brazil in the quarter-finals.

However, this assumes that Brazil and Spain finish at the top of their respective groups. Whilst Brazil is practically assured top spot, Spain will face a difficult Netherlands side. I think that there is a chance that Spain and the Netherlands will draw in that first game and then the Dutch will go top spot on goal difference after the games against Australia and Chile.

This will mean that Brazil will play Spain in the round of 16, whilst Italy will likely play the Netherlands in the quarter finals (assuming Italy finish 1st in their group). If Italy were to finish 2nd in their group, they would have to play Colombia before playing the winner of Spain and Brazil in the quarters.

Back to the scenario where Italy and the Dutch finish 1st in their groups, the winner of that game will probably play Argentina in the semi-finals.

Regarding the scenario where Italy finish 2nd in their group, but the Dutch finish 1st, assuming Italy beat Colombia and the winner of Brazil vs. Spain, it is probable that one of France or Germany will be waiting in the quarter-finals.

Overall, it's going to be a very tough tournament for Italy and I think the best scenario for Italy is to top their group and hope the Dutch top theirs. That way there is a lower chance of playing Brazil, France, Germany or Spain before the final itself. Instead Italy will probably have to contend with the likes of Japan, the Dutch and Argentina before the final.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by ioilersrock448 Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:06 am

RealGunner wrote:Guys where do u get that simulator game
Here, http://ultra-zone.net/2014-FIFA-World-Cup-Group-Stage

After you are done print screen, save the image, post it to fb or tumblr or something and then post it here.
ioilersrock448
ioilersrock448
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:42 am

Just read the comments of Bosnian manager on Iran.

Classless c*nt should check the history of games between 2 games in the last decade. 5 games played, 4 wins in Iran !! including a 3-2 win in Sarajevo in 2009.

It's good to be underdogs though. Choi, the Korean coach talked so much shit about us as well in June, before we went and raped them in Seoul.

in Queiroz I trust. The best manager in group F.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4