FCB - City: It's high time we finally managed to lose a game!

4 posters

Go down

FCB - City: It's high time we finally managed to lose a game! Empty FCB - City: It's high time we finally managed to lose a game!

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:58 am

Since Supercup in preseason we haven't lost a single game, and I'm getting really really nervous. This has got to end. And why not end it today?
We can afford a loss if it's not a beating. Better now than in the knockout phase, or than to spoil out pretty 13 months unbeaten run in the league.

So let's catch ourselves a nice cozy 1:2 defeat after a lackluster performance!
Just to take the pressure off!
And so people will stop expecting us to perform like some magical best team on the planet all the time.
Come on guys, let's make it happen
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

FCB - City: It's high time we finally managed to lose a game! Empty Re: FCB - City: It's high time we finally managed to lose a game!

Post by rwo power Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:09 am

But... But... Bayern is on a record win series in the CL! You cannot hope for anything but a win to prove that it is not the BL that is weak, but Bayern who are strong!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

FCB - City: It's high time we finally managed to lose a game! Empty Re: FCB - City: It's high time we finally managed to lose a game!

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:18 am

rwo power wrote:But... But... Bayern is on a record win series in the CL! You cannot hope for anything but a win to prove that it is not the BL that is weak, but Bayern who are strong!

Honestly I couldn't care less about how highly other people rate the Bundesliga, I don't think it has anything to prove, but I'm getting a really bad feeling about how good we are, it's starting to feel unreal!
Like I'm going to wake up and find it was only a dream!
Or like Sammer has actually sold his soul to the devil at some point in the past and when we employed him we took over his debt!
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:51 am

Looks like you got your wish. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:53 am

FFS my heart is weak Sad
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:04 am

I know my Bayern team. We need a defeat like that from time to time.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ioilersrock448 Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:23 am

Well at least it didn't mean anything in the end.
ioilersrock448
ioilersrock448
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:28 am

ioilersrock448 wrote:Well at least it didn't mean anything in the end.
Exactly.

But it reminds us what can happen when we get arrogant and complacent, like that Arsenal game last year.

2:0 up after 12min like a knife through warm butter, after that we completely switched off and played like lazy arrogant dicks. To have a little scare then about not winning the group serves us right.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:05 am

Ok, my friends, we can talk among ourselves here, seems like noone is listening... Very Happy

All in all, I'm really kind of happy with the defeat yesterday. Of course that's a little idiotic to say, obviously I was angry watching yesterday, as I'd have liked us to have sent them home with 5/6.

But we didn't, and that's a good reminder. It's always possible to lose a game, and if we don't watch out, we will.

And City are no schoolboys, they're a team infinitely more expensive than we are who are hard to contain if you let them get going, which is what we did after 15 *bleep*-ing minutes.

So I'm happy because the last thing we want is for the team and fans to think we're simply the best team and that's that. Because we're not, it's not that easy.

Also, if you look at the discussion going on in the other sections, what with "Bayern are way overrated", "they're not favourites anymore", "they will get knocked out in the last 16" etc.., I'd say that's actually a positive, too. Very Happy

Also, the game shows, while we've been great at dealing with injuries and our squad is strong, we can't get blinded.

In big games, it will be good to have Schweinsteiger and Robben, and a fit Lahm, back, Thiago isn't at that level to take over too much responsibility yet.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:55 am

Well, the "Bayern are overrated" thing is just typical GL hyperbole XD

I just think it is a pity that Bayern didn't extend their win record in the CL. And of course that Dante and Boa totally ruined the match for Manuel Neuer who was absolutely not amused that he had to fish 3 balls out of his net.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:06 am

Well, we've got the win record with 10 games, so that's ok for now.

Also, if we start giving relevance to extending worthless statistical records, that is a good sign we're losing touch with the ground.

The only really thing worrying to me is Thiago's decision making, and Dante repeatedly showing a little too much propensity for defensive shockers.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ioilersrock448 Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:58 am

GL will over-react to just about anything, we're still the favorites. Really did show us how important it is to have one of Lahm, Martinez or Schweinsteiger in a key holding midfield role.
ioilersrock448
ioilersrock448
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:13 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Also, if we start giving relevance to extending worthless statistical records, that is a good sign we're losing touch with the ground.
LOL, sorry, I'm a bit of a number cruncher to begin with. Why else would I keep huge tables with stats about "Best defense" and "Best penalty killers" Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:27 am

ioilersrock448 wrote:GL will over-react to just about anything, we're still the favorites. Really did show us how important it is to have one of Lahm, Martinez or Schweinsteiger in a key holding midfield role.

I think it's important to stop thinking of ourselves as favourites. The fact that noone defended a CL title means we as title holders by default are not the favourites.

These teams out there have a lot of quality. I think we can do it, of course, but I'd rather stop thinking we're favourites.
If we want to keep progressing, we need to play with the intensity of underdogs.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:29 am

rwo power wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:Also, if we start giving relevance to extending worthless statistical records, that is a good sign we're losing touch with the ground.
LOL, sorry, I'm a bit of a number cruncher to begin with. Why else would I keep huge tables with stats about "Best defense" and "Best penalty killers" Razz

It's good to be informed, but you also know that word from William Burroughs, "paranoia is having all the facts" Very Happy
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down