RealGunner
arabprince
danyjr
futbol
Onyx
75 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

Champions League last 16 draw discussion - Page 13 Empty Re: Champions League last 16 draw discussion

Post by cyberman Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:59 am

lvpool v city
arsenal v chelsea

guarenteed to pull closer by tuesday morning.. if we drop points v west ham at home with this perfect weekend ill drive moyes out of old trafford myself..
we could end up 5 points behind chelsea and 4 behind city..our main rival imo..

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Champions League last 16 draw discussion - Page 13 Empty Re: Champions League last 16 draw discussion

Post by free_cat Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:41 am

Zealous wrote:Draxler: "Siempre fue mi sueño jugar contra el Madrid en el Bernabeu"

Proud

Draxler's audition before becoming a Madrid legend next summer will be fun to watch Proud:bow:

Draxler at Madrid? are you frigging kidding? What would be your plan, to play a whole 11 formed by wingers?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:04 am

cyberman wrote:lvpool v city
arsenal v chelsea

guarenteed to pull closer by tuesday morning.. if we drop points v west ham at home with this perfect weekend ill drive moyes out of old trafford myself..
we could end up 5 points behind chelsea and 4 behind city..our main rival imo..

Riiight.

Back to the real world and we're away to Fulham.
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:35 pm

Champions League last 16 draw discussion - Page 13 WnN849k

Neuer's reaction to drawing Arsenal. So smug
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:18 pm

Se7en wrote:Champions League last 16 draw discussion - Page 13 WnN849k

lmao he looks like a 90's action movie villain, but not the main bad guy more of a henchman like Jaws.

The true villain is the poverty dhalsim in the background.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:27 pm

Zealous wrote:

lmao he looks like a 90's action movie villain, but not the main bad guy more of a henchman like Jaws.

The true villain is the poverty dhalsim in the background.
Red Grant (played by Robert Shaw), From Russia With Love

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-eZeh5pM_WS4/ULPKNLU-SkI/AAAAAAAAChA/PQ7IbQQ8rRM/s1600/From+Russia+With+Love+Robert+Shaw.jpg

"Hello, Mr. Wenger"
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:56 am

LMAO hubris will be Super Munchen's downfall
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:01 am

Can't wait till Sanogo puts 3 past him.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:01 am

Simeone: “ I have great respect for Milan and those who work there. They have a great Coach who must keep hold of a very difficult bench"

Champions League last 16 draw discussion - Page 13 16140d1338342662-pics-i-see-what-you-did-there-_bcc75e0a36f4020f302b41c9a40d0597
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:05 am

Allegri is the most underrated coach in recent history (other than Valverde, of course). No one else would have retained Serie A status with that Milan team.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:06 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Allegri is the most underrated coach in recent history (other than Valverde, of course). No one else would have retained Serie A status with that Milan team.

Prime case of exaggerating to make a point.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:08 am

Lmao he's not that good

He's not shit, but his choices in team selection are ofting ridiculous
And you can't even argue that they worked out better in hindsight, they normally don't Laughing
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:12 am

S wrote:Prime case of exaggerating to make a point.
Yeah I'm exaggerating, but who else would have secured a CL the previous season after selling his two most important players and replacing them with mid-table teams? Who else would have gone on that great 2nd half season run? Do you think any other Italian team would have come so close to kicking Barca out of the CL?

Allegri is getting a lot of criticism when in reality he's a great coach who does what he can with his means. It is not his fault that this Milan team are of mid-table quality.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:35 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
S wrote:Prime case of exaggerating to make a point.
Yeah I'm exaggerating, but who else would have secured a CL the previous season after selling his two most important players and replacing them with mid-table teams? Who else would have gone on that great 2nd half season run? Do you think any other Italian team would have come so close to kicking Barca out of the CL?

Allegri is getting a lot of criticism when in reality he's a great coach who does what he can with his means. It is not his fault that this Milan team are of mid-table quality.

No, if we hadn't acquired Balo in that 2nd half of the season, we wouldn't have finished in CL spots. If we were in contention with Napoli for 2nd, up until we blew our chance when we faced them in April. What are his positives? Utilizing youth? He asked for Matri in the summer when Petagna had an adequate pre season. The reason we were able to reach CL last year was mostly reliance on other teams botching it up. Napoli went 2 months with Cavani not scoring goal, Fiorentina lost to Pescara for whatever reason. Lazio choked hard. Now that the competition upped itself, he can't emulate the same performance. Allegri is a stubborn and weak-minded coach. Tears will be shed if the FIGC consider him coaching the Nazionale.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:43 am

When did Barri start trolling?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:50 am

Gil wrote:When did Barri start trolling?

Apparently BC believes 4 wins in 16 Serie A games is quite acceptable
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:05 am

I don't, but I think the responsibility is much more with the quality of players available than the quality of the coach. People talk about Allegri as if he were the Tony Pulis of Serie A when in reality he's a good coach, hence why I said he's very underrated, as proven by last season when Milan completely overachieved their potential.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:22 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

LMAO hubris will be Super Munchen's downfall

As it was last year :facepalm:

We had our lazy game in the group stage this year, time to get the trophy ready :bow:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:46 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:LMAO hubris will be Super Munchen's downfall
They all seem to be taking this tie very seriously.

Uli Hoeneß: “It’s what I feared. That’s the strongest team we could have got. We dare not underestimate these opponents.

Matthias Sammer: “We’ll take it as it comes. I can live with it. We have to come back from the holidays in January, work hard from the first day, and then we’ll need to be on form twice against Arsenal.

Philipp Lahm: “It’s a good omen, but they’re tough opponents, the toughest of the second-place teams. We were certainly hoping for someone different. Arsenal have made some good signings and they’re dangerous."

Manuel Neuer: "They’re not unknown to us and they’re attractive opponents. Maybe last year’s Round of 16 tie is a good omen. Obviously we’re looking forward to taking on our fellow German internationals, and we have fond memories of London.

Jérôme Boateng: “They’re the toughest opponents we could have had."

I don't think Arsenal have a chance in this tie, to be honest.

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:12 pm

Despite the common GL consensus, Allegri IS actually a solid manager. It's no surprise the opinion of him turned this season just when our cycle has began to end, leaving him in a precarious transition point for the new Milan; sadly not fulfilled by our inconsistent management as the frequent injury crisis' do not help the cause of deploying a system meant for the starting XI.

Matri was the consensus of Barbara and Braida, not just Allegri as that myth has to cease while Petagna was nowhere near ready as the same goes for Cristante.

Where Allegri fails is to continue upon his ideas that he builds up as even if he is taken away from his players; he lacks the conviction in what are very promising ideas and translating them on a long term basis. Mazzone described Max as a man who is brimming with too many ideas for his own good; and lacks element needed to transition his ideas on a consistent basis, be it from the lack of support from the management or his own frailties.

I support that we need another manager; purely because he has lost the tangent needed to progress from Year Zero yet what remains is that he is a respected tactician and has shown too many times on different aspects that he is not a scrub.

Milan is just not the club for him; and frankly never was. Incongruence.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:22 pm

Arquitescu wrote:Despite the common GL consensus, Allegri IS actually a solid manager. It's no surprise the opinion of him turned this season just when our cycle has began to end, leaving him in a precarious transition point for the new Milan; sadly not fulfilled by our inconsistent management as the frequent injury crisis' do not help the cause of deploying a system meant for the starting XI.

Matri was the consensus of Barbara and Braida, not just Allegri as that myth has to cease while Petagna was nowhere near ready as the same goes for Cristante.

Where Allegri fails is to continue upon his ideas that he builds up as even if he is taken away from his players; he lacks the conviction in what are very promising ideas and translating them on a long term basis. Mazzone described Max as a man who is brimming with too many ideas for his own good; and lacks element needed to transition his ideas on a consistent basis, be it from the lack of support from the management or his own frailties.

I support that we need another manager; purely because he has lost the tangent needed to progress from Year Zero yet what remains is that he is a respected tactician and has shown too many times on different aspects that he is not a scrub.

I'm still baffled how you defend Allegri, Arq. Even when Dante, who wanted to give Allegri a chance, managed to see the light. He's a coach that suits a midtable club, I have yet to see his so called 'promising ideas'. Half of the games we've played this season was: Soak up pressure or hoof to Balo. I don't care if Petagna isn't ready enough, Matri has 1 goal. Better to have f*cking played Petagna or Niang or whoever bloody else instead of splashing 12 mil on Allegri's lovechild.

Regarding Mazzone, this is in no way an indication that his performances merits his stay at Milan. It also is no indication of the manner in which we have qualified. Because it's Mazzone who said it, does not equate it to being a fact. An opinion is an opinion, whether I said it or Mazzone said it or any GL pos said it.

But enough of opinions, let us look at facts:

-We sit at 10th with 19 points, in the first half of Serie A

-We have 4 wins in 16 games

-Allegri's winning percentage against top 6 teams during his full tenure is approximately 15%

-Against Top 6 teams in Serie A: Massimiliano Allegri's Milan has picked up 11 out of 36 points

-Allegri's record against top 6 teams is 7-13-10

-Against Roma, when he was sent off, and surprise surprise, we started playing better.

-3 years in and he still doesn't know how to cure our set piece defending

-When Gasperini's Genoa (Recently chosen for Coach, mind) gets 5 wins out of 6. Then there's something wrong with your team.

-When Genoa sits above you in the table, your feeder club, there's something wrong.

Are you going to tell me that Genoa have a better squad than us? Even without the injuries, we should've gotten results against the lesser sides.

This is but an increment in Allegri's negatives or failures. His positives don't outweigh the negatives, i didn't even mention his god-awful CL record. And this is just a small piece of the many many many problems that we have at the club.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:42 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:Despite the common GL consensus, Allegri IS actually a solid manager. It's no surprise the opinion of him turned this season just when our cycle has began to end, leaving him in a precarious transition point for the new Milan; sadly not fulfilled by our inconsistent management as the frequent injury crisis' do not help the cause of deploying a system meant for the starting XI.

I'm still baffled how you defend Allegri, Arq. Even when Dante, who wanted to give Allegri a chance, managed to see the light. He's a coach that suits a midtable club, I have yet to see his so called 'promising ideas'. Half of the games we've played this season was: Soak up pressure or hoof to Balo. I don't care if Petagna isn't ready enough, Matri has 1 goal. Better to have f*cking played Petagna or Niang or whoever bloody else instead of splashing 12 mil on Allegri's lovechild.

Regarding Mazzone, this is in no way an indication that his performances merits his stay at Milan. It also is no indication of the manner in which we have qualified. Because it's Mazzone who said it, does not equate it to being a fact. An opinion is an opinion, whether I said it or Mazzone said it or any GL pos said it.

-Allegri's winning percentage against top 6 teams during his full tenure is approximately 15%

-Against Top 6 teams in Serie A: Massimiliano Allegri's Milan has picked up 11 out of 36 points

-Against Roma, when he was sent off, and surprise surprise, we started playing better.

-When Gasperini's Genoa (Recently chosen for Coach, mind) gets 5 wins out of 6. Then there's something wrong with your team.

-When Genoa sits above you in the table, your feeder club, there's something wrong.

Are you going to tell me that Genoa have a better squad than us? Even without the injuries, we should've gotten results against the lesser sides.

This is but an increment in Allegri's negatives or failures. His positives don't outweigh the negatives, i didn't even mention his god-awful CL record. And this is just a small piece of the many many many problems that we have at the club.

ES wrote:I'm still baffled how you defend Allegri, Arq. Even when Dante, who wanted to give Allegri a chance, managed to see the light. He's a coach that suits a midtable club, I have yet to see his so called 'promising ideas'. Half of the games we've played this season was: Soak up pressure or hoof to Balo. I don't care if Petagna isn't ready enough, Matri has 1 goal. Better to have f*cking played Petagna or Niang or whoever bloody else instead of splashing 12 mil on Allegri's lovechild.

Read my primary points on the defence of Allegri as it does not defend his mistakes nor does it glorify his tenure within Milan. As I repeat, Allegri's Milan career CANNOT be summed up by the premise of this year given the management circuits, timing of the conclusion of cycles and other incidental factors to which do not involve him. Where he has failed this year is his inconsistency in applying his ideas onto the pitch; to where the players have been without conviction in their roles, along with failures in addressing the defensive errors.

Splashing 12 mil on Matri is the fault of our management; not Allegri who has no say in financial matters.

ES wrote:Regarding Mazzone, this is in no way an indication that his performances merits his stay at Milan. It also is no indication of the manner in which we have qualified. Because it's Mazzone who said it, does not equate it to being a fact. An opinion is an opinion, whether I said it or Mazzone said it or any GL pos said it.

1. Mazzone's use was only used as a reference point to pinpoint Allegri's inconsistency
2. Nowhere did I state that Allegri merits a stay within Milan.
3. Nowhere have I indicated its use translating into a fact.

ES wrote:-Against Roma, when he was sent off, and surprise surprise, we started playing better.

Didn't know this bullshit twitter joke would be seen as an indication of anything. Allegri being sent of does not magically have our team undergo metamorphosis and ability to take the game to Roma; it was the fact that we needed a goal within the premise of being a goal down, that spurred our attack into stimulating chances. Correlation=/=Causation

Dante and I continue to defend Allegri not for his need to stay in Milan or glorifying his Milan tenure; we decide to defend him for many of the unjust blame that is allocated onto him, along with incredibly skewed and faulty logic that is now serendipitously laid onto him, despite his figure being innocuous to the cause.

Defending a manager's ability does not directly translate on wanting him stay. Read again.

I already stated that Max should not have stayed beyond his 3rd year as things would be out of his control.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:09 pm

Arquitescu wrote:
El Shaarawy wrote:

ES wrote:I'm still baffled how you defend Allegri, Arq. Even when Dante, who wanted to give Allegri a chance, managed to see the light. He's a coach that suits a midtable club, I have yet to see his so called 'promising ideas'. Half of the games we've played this season was: Soak up pressure or hoof to Balo. I don't care if Petagna isn't ready enough, Matri has 1 goal. Better to have f*cking played Petagna or Niang or whoever bloody else instead of splashing 12 mil on Allegri's lovechild.

Read my primary points on the defence of Allegri as it does not defend his mistakes nor does it glorify his tenure within Milan. As I repeat, Allegri's Milan career CANNOT be summed up by the premise of this year given the management circuits, timing of the conclusion of cycles and other incidental factors to which do not involve him. Where he has failed this year is his inconsistency in applying his ideas onto the pitch; to where the players have been without conviction in their roles, along with failures in addressing the defensive errors.

Splashing 12 mil on Matri is the fault of our management; not Allegri who has no say in financial matters.

ES wrote:Regarding Mazzone, this is in no way an indication that his performances merits his stay at Milan. It also is no indication of the manner in which we have qualified. Because it's Mazzone who said it, does not equate it to being a fact. An opinion is an opinion, whether I said it or Mazzone said it or any GL pos said it.

1. Mazzone's use was only used as a reference point to pinpoint Allegri's inconsistency

ES wrote:-Against Roma, when he was sent off, and surprise surprise, we started playing better.

Didn't know this bullshit twitter joke would be seen as an indication of anything. Allegri being sent of does not magically have our team undergo metamorphosis and ability to take the game to Roma; it was the fact that we needed a goal within the premise of being a goal down, that spurred our attack into stimulating chances. Correlation=/=Causation

Dante and I continue to defend Allegri not for his need to stay in Milan or glorifying his Milan tenure; we decide to defend him for many of the unjust blame that is allocated onto him, along with incredibly skewed and faulty logic that is now serendipitously laid onto him, despite his figure being innocuous to the cause.

Defending a manager's ability does not directly translate on wanting him stay. Read again.

I already stated that Max should not have stayed beyond his 3rd year as things would be out of his control.  

Then i apologize for misreading yourt post. Allegri will depart in the summer, this i am sure of.

Regarding Roma, many people claim that Kaka wanted Allegri to push the team forward. But he told Kaka to not push up.
Spoiler:

I already mentioned that Allegri is but a minuscule thing, compared to the other problems that ail us. But, the sooner we get rid of him. The better.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:56 pm

When Chelsea won the double a few seasons ago we went out in the CL R16 v inter and I'm pretty sure Arsenal got to the semis and united reached the final, so this could be a blessing in disguise for Arsenal who domestically have their best chance in a long time this season
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:09 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:
El Shaarawy wrote:

Then i apologize for misreading yourt post. Allegri will depart in the summer, this i am sure of.

Regarding Roma, many people claim that Kaka wanted Allegri to push the team forward. But he told Kaka to not push up.
Spoiler:

I already mentioned that Allegri is but a minuscule thing, compared to the other problems that ail us. But, the sooner we get rid of him. The better.

You needn't apologize as it was merely a minor misunderstanding.

As for the Kaka-Allegri picture to which makes it look worse than it is, I speculate it was on Kaka drifting far too wide, to which was forcing Poli down central, essentially not needed to complete the CT plan vs Roma. Hard to pinpoint what it was.

As for Allegri, a near dilemma presents itself on the damage that can be caused if he does not elevate his game back to his 2nd half exploits. He represents the problem with Milan at a whole, indecisiveness and a club stuck in flux of transitions and not meeting their conclusions. He needs to use the Derby as the turning point to the season as few big games can be utilized in such fashion.

Not that we are going to win the derby.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13