RealGunner
arabprince
danyjr
futbol
Onyx
75 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Champions League last 16 draw discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Champions League last 16 draw discussion

Post by Lex Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:56 pm

Thankfully, football isn't played on paper

Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Champions League last 16 draw discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Champions League last 16 draw discussion

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:00 pm

ya, atletico are probably the last team i would have wanted as a 2 seed team except for bayern.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:07 pm

7amood11 wrote:I think Muntari's words were misconstrued. He said that he thought Atletico were the weakest on paper, which is actually spot on considering that the other teams Milan could have faced are Barca, United, PSG, Chelsea, Madrid, Dortmund, and Bayern.

Obviously on paper =/= what happens on the field though.

Atleti aren't the worst team on paper though.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:12 pm

Zealous wrote:
7amood11 wrote:I think Muntari's words were misconstrued. He said that he thought Atletico were the weakest on paper, which is actually spot on considering that the other teams Milan could have faced are Barca, United, PSG, Chelsea, Madrid, Dortmund, and Bayern.

Who's worse?
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:40 pm

7amood11 wrote:
Zealous wrote:

Who's worse?

Courtois, Luis, Godin, Miranda, Juanfran, Koke, Gabi, Tiago, Turan, Villa, D. Costa

That more or less is their first eleven and they have Adrian, Garcia, and hot prospect Oliver on the bench if they need to use them.

Don't know about you but based on what I've seen there are a lot of players there that I would worry about facing.

Koke, Gabi, Tiago, Turan is as solid a midfield as it can get and there is more than enough quality there to hurt you considering their lock down defence and aggressive style of play.

Villa and Costa need to be respected as well, because they can hurt you if you let them and they'll eat almost everything the midfield four serve them.

This may be a case of Atleti being weak on paper because people don't really tune in to watch them play but they are tough to beat. They still might lose to Milan though, after all games aren't played on paper and Milan are game raisers. However I will say that this is a team that held Madrid to zero goals at the Bernabeu, the last team to do that was Prime Pep's Barcelona if I'm not mistaken.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:40 pm

This real?!

Champions League last 16 draw discussion - Page 12 O-CHAMPIONS-LEAGUE-DRAW-MANIPULATION-570

https://twitter.com/uefacorruption
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:46 pm

danyjr wrote:This real?!

Champions League last 16 draw discussion - Page 12 O-CHAMPIONS-LEAGUE-DRAW-MANIPULATION-570

https://twitter.com/uefacorruption

Probably not. Those accounts simulate all possible votes and then post them. Once the draw is over they delete the wrong ones and keep the right ones. A neat trick, but people should really stop falling for it.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:46 pm

You tell me what's more likely;

UEFA/FIFA rigging draws, keeping in mind that the amount of people that would have to be aware of the scam includes everyone attending these draws including the clubs themselves. All this as part of some supposed scheme to make money.

OR

Some hack on Twitter ran a computer program that can post all the possible draw results after which he deletes the incorrect outcomes, thus making it seem as if he had posted the "correct" results before the draw.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:48 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:
Rebaño Sagrado wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Exactly Farfan and Costa was a scrub last year which is why its so hard for me to believe he's improved this much Laughing

On GL once you have an opinion you are not allowed to change it..... ever.

Except..Costa wasn't a scrub last year Laughing

I remember GL going into rage when it was announced Liverpool had bid 25 million Euros for Costa.

It was deemed as, havne't they learnt their lesson? Just the Brazilian Carroll Laughing
Limited player Laughing
Exactly

Now Atletico suddenly have a strong/scary team on paper which is absolute bollocks. Their morale, system, defense, consistency & mainly Simeone is why they're winning games. Like Dortmund, they're outperforming their talent level.

A past it Villa, Gabi, Raul Garcia, an unathletic Arda, Koke & "6 goal Costa" doesn't scare anyone. These aren't household names.

Last edited by Gil on Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:51 pm

Gil wrote:
Natalie Portman wrote:
Rebaño Sagrado wrote:

I remember GL going into rage when it was announced Liverpool had bid 25 million Euros for Costa.

It was deemed as, havne't they learnt their lesson? Just the Brazilian Carroll Laughing
Limited player Laughing
Exactly

Now Atletico suddenly have a strong team on paper which is absolute bollocks.

Gil pls I have actually watch Atleti this year, my assessment wasn't flip floppity Sad
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:52 pm

Zealous wrote:
7amood11 wrote:
Zealous wrote:

Who's worse?

Courtois, Luis, Godin, Miranda, Juanfran, Koke, Gabi, Tiago, Turan, Villa, D. Costa

That more or less is their first eleven and they have Adrian, Garcia, and hot prospect Oliver on the bench if they need to use them.

Don't know about you but based on what I've seen there are a lot of players there that I would worry about facing.

Koke, Gabi, Tiago, Turan is as solid a midfield as it can get and there is more than enough quality there to hurt you considering their lock down defence and aggressive style of play.  

Villa and Costa need to be respected as well, because they can hurt you if you let them and they'll eat almost everything the midfield four serve them.

This may be a case of Atleti being weak on paper because people don't really tune in to watch them play but they are tough to beat. They still might lose to Milan though, after all games aren't played on paper and Milan are game raisers. However I will say that this is a team that held Madrid to zero goals at the Bernabeu, the last team to do that was Prime Pep's Barcelona if I'm not mistaken.

I agree with all of this, read my post again Laughing

I never said anything about Atleti being weak on paper, I said they were the weakest on paper compared to the other teams Milan could have met. Big difference. They're still a very strong team.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:03 pm

Gil wrote:
Natalie Portman wrote:
Rebaño Sagrado wrote:

Limited player Laughing
Exactly

Now Atletico suddenly have a strong/scary team on paper which is absolute bollocks. Their morale, system, defense, consistency & mainly Simeone is why they're winning games. Like Dortmund, they're outperforming their talent level.

A past it Villa, Gabi, Raul Garcia, an unathletic Arda, Koke & "6 goal Costa" doesn't scare anyone. These aren't household names.

Atleti are better then last year and I remember them scaring Chelsea last year...
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:09 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:
Gil wrote:
Natalie Portman wrote:

Limited player Laughing
Exactly

Atleti are better then last year and I remember them raping Chelsea last year...

fixed. Gil stop acting like a Messiah. Ateltico were second for most of last season. They battered Chelsea balck and blue. They are a strong team and this on paper BS is annoying. They are the worst thing Milan could get because Milan might not be able to just sit back and soak up pressure, where as with other big teams they will be expected to attack from the off. Extremely tricky tie and the worst they could get with their playing style.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:11 pm

7amood11 wrote:
Zealous wrote:
7amood11 wrote:

Who's worse?

I agree with all of this, read my post again Laughing

I never said anything about Atleti being weak on paper, I said they were the weakest on paper compared to the other teams Milan could have met. Big difference. They're still a very strong team.

No way man. If Milan drew one of the other teams they could just park the bus again and steal a result. That was on the table as a legit tactic against Bayern/Madrid/United/Chelsea etc. They would embrace the role of the underdog and play to their strengths.

Atleti is a terrible match up for them. They are technically the favourites and as such will probably feel obligated to go out and try to take the game to Atleti. Porto and Zenit both did this and got absolutely hammered.

If I were Milan I take United/Chelsea/Dortmund before I take Atletico. I believe it's a bad match up for Milan.

Milan can still win though. I'm not saying Atleti will go through for sure.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:29 pm

Z the old gloryhunter is supporting the other part of Madrid now since they are joint top of the table, I see, I see. Proud

Meanwhile:

Champions League last 16 draw discussion - Page 12 BbniXrtCUAAfEp4

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:30 pm

Atleti are like Arsenal... very good starting XI, but not deep at all. Staying fresh and healthy will be a problem for both unless they get lucky.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:37 pm

I'm not going to bother responding to anyone that can't read. You're lecturing one of the biggest Atletico followers about the team you probably don't even watch unless the Top 2 are playing them.

The talent on this Atletico is nothing special stop pretending otherwise, a lot of the players on the squad were journeymen before Simeone. How many of the players on that club are actually starters for their respective International teams?

Like I've said their outperforming their talent level/budget so stop bringing up Chelsea which has *bleep* all to do with anything. I never said their team isn't great, the spending budget between Madrid/Barca and the rest of La Liga is still a complete farce.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:11 pm

Honestly can't wait to see barca vs man city and Chelsea vs gala, bayern and arsenal will be fun to watch too. I also love the fact that Milan and atletico are in this round.
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:18 pm

Honestly would love to see these teams progress personally:
Man city beating barca (could happen, prolly won't)
Chelsea beating gala (although I might bite my tongue)
Real Madrid beating schalke
Arsenal beating bayern (don't think so but want it)
Olympios beating united (hahahaha)
Atlectico beating milan (this maybe the most entertaining)
Psg beating Leverkusen
Finally Dortmund of course scrubbing zenit

Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:25 pm

Ah, the "I watch this team regularly so my opinion is right and yours is wrong if it is contrary to mine" argument.

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:16 pm

Barca is going to walk over city, take away bayern away where they coasted after 15 mins in a game they didnt take seriously..barcas style is exactly what city struggle against.
They have zero CL experience, if they go 1 up do they sit back or play their natural game? Can they adjust mid match if the other team scores?
We dont know.
Funnily enaugh i fancy Utd to get far this year, most great teams have 1 last hurray in europe before they rebuild and this could be ours.

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:25 pm

cyberman wrote:Barca is going to walk over city, take away bayern away where they coasted after 15 mins in a game they didnt take seriously..barcas style is exactly what city struggle against.
They have zero CL experience, if they go 1 up do they sit back or play their natural game? Can they adjust mid match if the other team scores?
We dont know.
Funnily enaugh i fancy Utd to get far this year, most great teams have 1 last hurray in europe before they rebuild and this could be ours.

yea. Last 8.

But that's very good for a team like United.

Top 8 finish in the league, and a top 8 appearance in CL.

Perfect start for the Moyes era Smile

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:37 pm

moyes will show you all. citys exactly the team wholl get distracted by europe.. its like we forget their away record because they score 6 v arsenal.
get a little run going and well come close this year

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:44 pm

cyberman wrote:moyes will show you all. citys exactly the team wholl get distracted by europe.. its like we forget their away record because they score 6 v arsenal.
get a little run going and well come close this year

He's certainly showed us what an amazing manager is in his 10 years at Everton Proud

brb no trophy
brb no away wins against rivals
brb cautious
brb Fellaini >> Thiago

Moyes. I love you :bow:

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:54 pm

this will taste all the sweeter, im just gonna sit back and wait.
ill read how weak the pl is, weakest champs in decades etc..
but it will taste sweet.
lot of mouthing fans about who arent used to being top of the league getting a bit giddy..
cant wait

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:59 pm

lvpool v city
arsenal v chelsea

guarenteed to pull closer by tuesday morning.. if we drop points v west ham at home with this perfect weekend ill drive moyes out of old trafford myself..
we could end up 5 points behind chelsea and 4 behind city..our main rival imo..

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next