DeviAngel
Cassius
S
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

- | Hall Of Legends | - - Page 2 Empty Re: - | Hall Of Legends | -

Post by Cassius Wed 15 Jan 2014, 11:15

So guys I'm guessing 90% of you, like me, see ADP as your fave Juve legend. So I was just wondering besides him who is your all time fave Juve player?

Mines Nedved. He's so so underrated on this forum, one of the greatest midfielders of that generation and a model professional to boot. I'd go into more detail but my battery is dying  pale 

Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu 13 Feb 2014, 18:49

Camoranesi to retire

Azzurri World Cup winner Mauro Camoranesi has today confirmed that he will retire from playing at the end of the season.

The 37-year-old, who is currently with Argentine outfit Racing Avellaneda, admitted that his current physical condition played a big part in his decision.

“It’s very frustrating to not be able to train well,” Camoranesi has said on Argentine radio.

“I am one of those people who always wants to play, but at the moment I can’t.

“At the moment I still feel like a player and I want to retire playing, not like I am now.

“It is decided, I will retire in June.”

The former Juventus midfielder then spoke of his plans for the future.

“I’m going to be a Coach, I can’t wait to get started,” he revealed. “As for who will be my inspiration in my Coaching career, I really like Marcello Lippi.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed 19 Feb 2014, 03:05

Trap tells off Conte and Capello

Giovanni Trapattoni told off Antonio Conte and Fabio Capello for being “hyper-sensitive to criticism.”

The Juventus Coach bitterly criticised the Russia manager for commenting on his decision to scrap the team’s day off this week.

After an astonishing barrage of insults from Conte, another former Juve boss has entered the fray.

“We all have our teams to work with, our styles and our elements to consider, so it would be better if everyone thought only about their own houses,” Trap told Sport Mediaset.

“Perhaps they are hyper-sensitive to criticism. I know in Germany they always replay the footage of my outburst in a Press conference, but it all goes back down very quickly.

“We have to focus on our professional logic and ethics. We all do our work and there is room for everyone. It’s up to us to have the strength and the thick skin to go forward.”

Capello had irritated Conte by claiming this Juventus was only shattering records because it was in a ‘mediocre’ League with no competition.

“Serie A has its characteristics and in my view is the most difficult. It might be more spectacular in England or Germany, where the teams are less tense and less tactically stressed, but our League is very unpredictable,” insisted Trapattoni.

The former Italy and Republic of Ireland manager was also questioned about tomorrow’s Champions League clash between Milan and Atletico Madrid. Can the Rossoneri win?

“If Milan interpret the game properly, then yes. If they focus on approaching these theories of football I keep hearing about, then no. Atletico are a very tough side to face, as I learned in the past.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue 25 Feb 2014, 23:41

Davids denies Milan rumours

Edgar Davids has once again denied claims that he will join Clarence Seedorf’s coaching staff at Milan.

The former Rossoneri and Juventus midfielder has been linked with a position in the background at San Siro.

But the former Netherlands international has insisted that is not the case, but has backed his countryman to succeed.

“No, I have not heard anything about that,” he told TuttoJuve. “But it isn’t true that I will work with him and be part of his staff.

“Clarence is a Coach who can boast a wealth of experience as a player.

“I think he has all the right qualities and knows how to get the best out of his players.

“I think he’s going to become a great manager.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat 01 Mar 2014, 11:14

Juventus legend Dino Zoff is celebrating his 72nd birthday today.
Widely considered one of the greatest goalkeepers of all time, he provided the rock-solid backbone to six Scudetto titles, two Coppa Italia trophies and a UEFA Cup during 476 appearances in the black and white stripes that spanned 11 seasons.
And after calling time on his playing career in 1983 whilst at Juventus, it wasn’t long before Zoff was back to steer the team to further glory from the dugout, winning a Coppa Italia and the UEFA Cup during his two-year spell as manager from 1988 to 1990.
Another Bianconeri anniversary that falls today also happens to be linked to the birthday boy. On 28 February 1990, 24 years ago today, Zoff guided Juve to a clean sheet in the first leg of the Coppa Italia final against Milan that they would go on to win on aggregate in the second at the San Siro.

As well as being revered by Juventus supporters, he is also a hero to Italian football fans in general as the captain of the Azzurri’s 1982 World Cup triumph. Aged 40 at the time, he remains the oldest ever player to lift the trophy.
All associated with Juventus Football Club wish Dino many happy returns.

http://www.juventus.com/juve/en/news/zoff_birthday
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed 05 Mar 2014, 13:35

JuventusFC ‏@juventusfcen Mar 3
Platini, Zidane and Baggio: three ex-Bianconeri in FIFA’s list of the most famous number 10s

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bh0EpUtCMAAPMfd.jpg
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed 05 Mar 2014, 13:39

How about ale? :/
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed 05 Mar 2014, 13:46

As much as we all love him,he doesnt belong in this discussion imo.

A list of the 11 most famous number 10s of all time as chosen by The FIFA Weekly magazine features no less than three former Juventus players.

Michel Platini (224 appearances and 104 goals during five seasons in Turin), Roberto Baggio (200 and 115 between 1990 and 1995) and Zinedine Zidane (212 and 31 from 1996 to 2001) are all included in the list, joined by the prestigious company of the following famous names from football history:

1. Pelè
2. Diego Maradona
3. Zinedine Zidane
4. Ferenc Puskás
5. Michel Platini
6. Roberto Rivelino
7. Lionel Messi
8. Lothar Matthäus
9. Roberto Baggio
10. Gheorghe Hagi
11. Mario Kempes

http://www.juventus.com/juve/en/news/fifa_number_10s
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat 08 Mar 2014, 20:14

Baggio: 'Tevez is my favourite'

Roberto Baggio played for both Juventus and Fiorentina, but tips Carlos Tevez to make the difference tomorrow.

His former teams go head-to-head on Sunday at 11.30 GMT, click here for a match preview.

“I’d never dare give Antonio Conte advice, as he’s doing incredible work,” Il Divin Codino told Tuttosport.

“There had already been signs he’d be a great Coach, as on the field Antonio always knew where and how to move in order to best help the team.

“I adore Tevez and have done since I watched him play for Boca Juniors. He is confirming that he’s a great player. It’s not easy for anyone to score regularly in Serie A, so I am truly happy for him.

“As for Paul Pogba, what more can I say? He is incredibly strong and I’m sure everyone already knows that.”

Baggio turned his focus on to Fiorentina, the club that effectively launched his career before a 1990 move to Turin.

“Vincenzo Montella is also an excellent Coach and I am really appreciating the work he’s doing in Florence.”

These sides will also clash in the Europa League on March 13 and 20.

“Juve are among the favourites for the Europa League trophy, especially if they manage to lock down the Scudetto early on.

“Would I return to Juventus as a director? No, I really don’t think so. Besides, they don’t need me.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue 26 Aug 2014, 18:46

France manager Didier Deschamps admits “it was a mistake” to leave Juventus after their promotion to Serie A.

The Coach took over at Juve in 2006-07, when the club was demoted to Serie B in the Calciopoli scandal.

Despite helping them to promotion, he opted to leave in 2007.

“I left because of differences in transfer strategy with the directors they had at the time, but we had already been promoted into Serie A,” Deschamps told France Inter.

“I wanted one great signing per area of the team, while they wanted to rebuild the squad with mediocre buys. At the end of the day, obviously they won.

“In any case, my resignation was a mistake. Going back, I wouldn’t do it again.”
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue 07 Oct 2014, 06:32

Nedved on Totti

"Totti's words aren't fair. He has never played for a big club like Juventus and does not know what it means to wear the jersey of a team like that."

"If my captain said things like that, I do not know if I would let him be the captain."
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue 07 Oct 2014, 14:40

DeviAngel wrote:Nedved on Totti

"Totti's words aren't fair. He has never played for a big club like Juventus and does not know what it means to wear the jersey of a team like that."

"If my captain said things like that, I do not know if I would let him be the captain."

Ouch. Those are fighting words from Totti. The game down in Roma will be a battle to the end.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue 07 Oct 2014, 19:51

Nedved "He has never played for a big club"

rofl lmaooo it's about time somebody went after Totti
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue 11 Nov 2014, 18:14

Trap: 'Juve stronger under Allegri'

Giovanni Trapattoni thinks that with the new tactical system, Juventus are now stronger than last year.

Juve have showed that they can adapt to different situations both in Italy and in Europe and Trap thinks that this could be a key going forward.

“This team has the qualities to do well both in the League and in Europe,” Trap told Tuttosport today.

“They can do well regardless of the actual starting XI, because there is a huge tactical balance and Massimiliano Allegri is managing the changes well.

“Allegri has got everything in place to go as far as possible in Europe and then win the League again.

“If Juve aren’t unlucky and if they don’t suffer serious injuries, then they can also challenge abroad.

“The first three months of the new year will be key to their season and we’ll be able to understand better where they can get to.

“Meanwhile they have showed an exceptional awareness of their potential, because if you looked at the players’ eyes against Parma, they showed an incredible determination.

“You could read through their eyes how they craved for that win. Apart from the value of the team they were facing, I think that they managed to convey a feeling of incredible strength.

“And only a team that wants to progress in every competition can give you that feeling.”

As recently as in the games against Olympiacos and Parma, the Bianconeri switched from the 3-5-2 deployed during Antonio Conte’s reign to Allegri’s 4-3-2-1 and Trap believes that this makes them more competitive at continental level.

“Tactically, now they are chameleonic because they are versatile and they have showed this – that’s why I can fairly state that they are more European than before and that’s a decisive quality.”

The Bianconeri thrashed Parma 7-0 over the weekend, but Trap has got some advice for Allegri.

“Yes that’s true, I also won a game 7-0 against Ascoli 31 years ago, but the truth is that after a result of that magnitude, there’s only one thing to do – you’ve got to stay well alert. They just can’t rest on their laurels.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed 11 Mar 2015, 18:20

Camoranesi: ‘Juve, get Cavani!’

Former Juventus winger Mauro Camoranesi tells his old club to sign Edinson Cavani if they want to make a leap forward in Europe.

There was speculation yesterday that the Bianconeri were in negotiations for the former Napoli man, and Camoranesi believes they should do everything in their power to secure his signature.

“Cavani is a world-class striker,” the former Italian international told Tuttosport.

“Cavani and [Carlos] Tevez would be a fantastic strike partenership.

“Maybe he wouldn’t be enough to ensure they won the Champions League, but he’d certainly help them make a leap forward in Europe.

“It’s hard, there’s so much competition in Europe. They still need a few years to be able to compete with the superpowers.

“It’s important to show that you’re a top club by getting great players on the transfer market, not average signings leaving you with five players you have to sell.”

Despite winning the World Cup with Italy, Camoranesi was born in Argentina, and discussed compatriot Paulo Dybala, who has also been linked with the Old Lady.

“Dybala is a lad who can change a game, so he could be Juventus quality. That said, playing for Palermo is one thing, Juventus is quite another.

“Dybala is a loose cannon, the difference with Juve is that he’d have to do more. I’m reminded of something Fabio Capello used to say…

“What was it? When he was pointed in the direction of a talented lad he’d say: ‘Let’s see how he does with another club, we’ll take him when we’re sure he can make a difference.’”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu 19 Mar 2015, 17:47

Lippi: ‘Juventus can makes semis’

Juventus legend Marcello Lippi believes his old club can make the Champions League semi-finals with ‘a bit of luck’.

The Bianconeri advanced to the last eight of the competition last night with a comprehensive win over Borussia Dortmund, winning 3-0 at Westfalenstadion.

“Last night Juventus sent out a good message,” Lippi reflected in an interview with Tuttomercatoweb.

“They finally made a major step forward in Europe. We’ve seen four years of supremacy from Juventus in Italy, but in Europe that’s been missing for a while.

“It’s an important step, because with this important victory in an important stadium, Juventus can go back to being aware of what they can do in the Champions League.

“There are teams which have that little bit more - I’m thinking of Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and Barcelona - but with a bit of luck Juventus can be among the top four in Europe.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu 19 Mar 2015, 18:14

Hasan Salihamidžić - Brazzo
22 hrs ·
Oggi vi voglio vedere festeggiare così !!!
In Boca al lupo ragazzi !!!
Juve per sempre
Forza Juve !!!

Alessandro Del Piero
19 hrs ·
Grande vittoria a Dortmund. Complimenti ragazzi. Bella vittoria per la Juventus ! Ale
//
Great win in Dortmund. Well done guys. Fabulous victory for JuventusFC ! Ale``
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed 25 Mar 2015, 10:54

Lippi: 'I see myself in Allegri'

Marcello Lippi discusses his former team Juventus and its transition from Antonio Conte to Max Allegri, who he compares to himself.

The Bianconeri turned to the former Milan Coach after three consecutive Scudetti with Conte, and many were sceptical that that success could be repeated.

Lippi, however, is supportive of Allegri now and has reason to identify with him.

“I see myself in him,” he has said to today’s edition of the Gazzetta dello Sport.

“He came to Juve more or less at the same age I did, he has the same concreteness I do, and he has the same drive to make the team more modern. We have points in common.

“You can see his intelligence - he came in on tip-toe, in an environment where a certain type of football was being played, without rocking the team's certainties.

“Then, with slightly different ideas, he gradually gave his own identity to the team.

“As for my comments about Allegri not having Conte's ‘competitive fury’, it was not a comparison in terms of quality. I just wanted to highlight certain differences in their approach to football.”

The Old Lady has been accused in recent years of coming short of her potential in the Champions League, but the Coach from Viareggio believes there are reasons to be optimistic this year.

“The draw can be helpful. Think of Conte's Juve, and imagine what could have happened if they hadn't drawn Bayern [Munich].

“Monaco should be treated with respect, certainly, but they are not Barcelona. And once you're in the semi-finals...

“I remember my Italy team. We were not the favourites, but one victory after the other we made it to the end, until our rivals looked at us with new eyes. Everything can happen.

“These are signs of rebirth in Italy. Juventus are developing well, and after having imposed themselves in Serie A they can gain a European dimension, pushing the whole movement forward.”

Lippi was also asked about one of the Old Lady's most coveted players, midfielder Paul Pogba.

“I think Pogba is potentially immense. He just has to avoid certain attitudes. He should cut down on some of his creative plays, or at least do them as close as possible to the adversary's goal.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed 25 Mar 2015, 10:55

Lippi: 'When Conte played for me...'

Former Italy Coach Marcello Lippi explains his relationship with current CT Antonio Conte, and reiterates that training camps are 'not essential'.

The veteran of the 2006 and 2010 World Cups shares some experiences with the current head of La Nazionale, including the fact that both spent time on the Juventus bench.

“I speak with Conte very often,” Lippi has admitted in today’s Gazzetta dello Sport.

“He's among the many players – more than 20 – whom I coached and then went on to become a Coach himself

“They all say they took something from me. We spent extraordinary years together, we developed in Juventus as it imposed itself in Italy and abroad.

“I haven't forgotten every Sunday when we hugged each other after our success. We had a few clashes, but if there's friendship it all passes, like a husband's arguments with his wife.

“Conte may feel a bit lonely, like every CT. But he's surrounded by competent people from the FIGC, many of whom worked with me too.”

Conte has voiced a number of concerns since taking up his role, claiming that being denied his training camps by the Serie A clubs could jeopardise the quality of the national team.

“But I also heard him talk of a renewal in Italian football,” Lippi pointed out. “As always, during a phase of reconstruction, there are difficulties.

“The real problem is the limited players available to be called up. But the youth teams make me optimistic, I see a lot of quality coming up.

“The training camps would have come in handy, but they're not essential. It's best that more time has been given to the team before the Euro tournament,” he said, echoing statements made on Monday.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Sun 10 May 2015, 19:28

Why doesn't del piero come to Juve stadium to watch us? Sad
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu 14 May 2015, 16:14

Lippi: ‘Juve like my Italy’
By Football Italia staff

Marcello Lippi sees similarities between Juventus and his World Cup winning Italy side - ‘I hope the outcome is the same’.

The Bianconeri advanced to their first Champions League final since 2003 [when Lippi was on the bench] with a draw in the Bernabeu against Real Madrid last night.

The showpiece event will be held at Berlin’s Olympiastadion, the scene of the Azzurri’s 2006 triumph, and Lippi acknowledges the parallels.

“Berlin is a place which is very dear to me, as it is for many of the champions at Juventus [Andrea Pirlo, Andrea Barzagli and Gigi Buffon were in the 2006 squad],” the former Juve Coach told Tuttomercatoweb.

“I see so many similarities between my Italy and this Juventus, now I just hope the final outcome is the same.

“Juventus proved last night that they are strong, very strong. They went onto the pitch in a tough manner, with the attitude of a team which wants to go through.

“They’ve proven they are stronger than Real Madrid, but some achievements are part of the Juventus DNA.

“Juventus have mainly grown in self-belief, and they’ve done this with great performances on the European stage.

“I’m thinking about the matches with Atletico Madrid, Borussia Dortmund and the two against Real Madrid.”

Lippi, who lifted the trophy with the Old Lady in 1996, also had words of praise for Coach Massimiliano Allegri.

“Congratulations to Allegri. With the Champions League final he has completed the work which [Antonio] Conte began in these past few years.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: