Henry: Most Intelligent Barcelona player? Oleguer

4 posters

Go down

Henry: Most Intelligent Barcelona player? Oleguer  Empty Henry: Most Intelligent Barcelona player? Oleguer

Post by Khaled Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:08 pm

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Henry: Most Intelligent Barcelona player? Oleguer  Empty Re: Henry: Most Intelligent Barcelona player? Oleguer

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:44 pm

He meant generally intelligent, not football intelligence. Because Oleguer was a dodo-brain on the pitch.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Henry: Most Intelligent Barcelona player? Oleguer  Empty Re: Henry: Most Intelligent Barcelona player? Oleguer

Post by Khaled Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:29 am

Yeah I understood what he meant.. I put this title on purpose, more eye-catching...

Anyway, another thing he mentioned about who makes more jokes... He mentioned Xavi which is interesting [also Ronaldinho]...

There's another good video one with Cesc...
Especially the part when he wished to become as fast as Walcott...
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:08 am

I don't think Oleguer was stupid on the field. Considering his technical and physical limitations, he had to be at least tactically smart to be a decent player that helped us win two leagues and a champions league with him as a starter.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:22 am

Well one could say he was technically limited, another would say he was stupid (that's an exaggeration I made)...some might say both. Dont think he was even decent to be honest, thought he was not good enough and every time he played I felt a mistake was incoming.

Bit like saying today Mascherano is a starter and manages to be part of a winning group by making up for his technical limitations with intelligence, that's not really true either.

It was also quite telling how quickly he fell apart and Ajax released him and he promptly retired. He was always a player who was barely hanging on and a mystery to me why he was starting so often.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:25 am

The CL was won literally because Oleguer got subbed off for Belletti. He had oceans of space against 10 men Arsenal and could do nothing with it. Belletti scored his one and only Barca goal in less than 10 minutes after coming on under those circumstances. That's how I will always remember Oleguer. We had our own Arbeloa before Madrid had their Arbeloa. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down