Who would be the best/ideal player to replace Xavi at Barcelona?

+12
jibers
VanDeezNuts
Pedram
andiii
Dnmac4
MaestroFavre
VendettaRed07
juventus101
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Valkyrja
Tomwin Lannister
Onyx
16 posters

Go down

Who would be the best/ideal player to replace Xavi at Barcelona? Empty Who would be the best/ideal player to replace Xavi at Barcelona?

Post by Onyx Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:53 pm

Sergi Roberto? Fabregas? Banega? Gundogan?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Who would be the best/ideal player to replace Xavi at Barcelona? Empty Re: Who would be the best/ideal player to replace Xavi at Barcelona?

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:54 pm

Scholes :coffee:

If not, I'd happily learn the way of Xavi whilst collecting a fat paycheck. Sign me up.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Who would be the best/ideal player to replace Xavi at Barcelona? Empty Re: Who would be the best/ideal player to replace Xavi at Barcelona?

Post by Valkyrja Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:56 pm

Hopefully Cesc will take his role this season

Last edited by Valkyrja on Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:57 pm

Tactics.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:03 pm

Thiago seems like a good fit. Too bad they sold him.

Fabregas could probably revert back to that role but he hasn't done it in a long time.

Kroos is a good option but I don't see him being sold unless he gets benched because of all the new signings, but I don't see that happenning.

Gundogan is a good option but would be pricey and Dortmund would be reluctant to sell with Gotze already gone and Lewandowski leaving next summer most likely.

Sahin would actually be a good option. So would Verratti although I see Verratti coming straight to Serie A when he leaves PSG.

Banega is good but not good enough in my opinion and Sergio Roberto hasn't done anything as of yet to put such high stakes on him.

Best options in my opinion are Sahin or converting Fabregas back. Converting Fabregas back wouldn't really take that long and as soon as he gets used to it again there wouldn't be any drop in quality. Sahin I believe already knows Spanish, would be one of the cheapest options, and is quality.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:07 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Tactics.

"Tactics?! Yee ee's a good player ee is, I tried to boi 'im wen I was at tot'ham" - 'Arry Redknapp.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:34 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Tactics.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by MaestroFavre Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:41 pm

To be honest , I see Verratti as a good replacement for Xavi but in terms of speaking realistically and speaking about players' transfer availability at this time, I consider it difficult to really think of anyone else who I think could replace this guy at this time.

As the Great Leader said, maybe their tactics do need a bit of tweaking. scratch hmm I mean it is now very quite easy to see that this guy's legs are not as strong anymore . ( You'd expect it ) And if they don't want to tweak their tactics then maybe a bit more rotation could help.
MaestroFavre
MaestroFavre
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Villarreal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:00 pm

Fabregas is the answer here. It's the reason he was bought, I have always and still do think he is a better player then Thiago as Thiago usually impresses in pre-season and under 21 tournaments but then when playing with the first teamers he leaves something to be desired.

Both of them give away the ball a little too much which is pretty surprising to be honest. I think when Fab is given Xavi's place and is a sure fire starter with a defined position you will see his game blossom even more and turn in to the player everyone wants him to be at Barca.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:16 pm

robert downey jr
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:41 pm

Xavi can't be replaced.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:30 pm

as long as they dont look at it like that "who is replacing xavi" barca will be fine. there is never an heir to a player, but if they look at it from a position standpoint then there are lots of options.

who knows maybe they will play a double pivot like spain and have busquests and a completely different midfield-type player- someone more like xabi alonso.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:49 pm

Verratti is the closest player to Xavi in terms of playing style
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:53 pm

barca should stop looking for a xavi clone and just make the adjustment in tactics like mole said, nothing last forever
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:00 am

chad4401 wrote:barca should stop looking for a xavi clone and just make the adjustment in tactics like mole said, nothing last forever

exactly which is what annoys me when people throw cesc under the bus. Trying to find a player to emulate xavi only shows lack of flexibility and failure to adapt the system to players
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:02 am

Martino knows that. His system doesn't use a Xavi, hence i don't think Barca would need a Xavi replacement under him.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:12 am

RealGunner wrote:Martino knows that. His system doesn't use a Xavi, hence i don't think Barca would need a Xavi replacement under him.

That's all well and good but when Xavi retires how likely is it that Martino will still be there?

You know as well as i do what its like in Spain, Xavi will probably retire in 2-3 years and i wouldn't be surprised if Martino doesn't last that long.

Not that i think he will flop but Manager's in Spain rarely last longer than 3 years.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:18 am

Martino doesn't play a 4-3-3?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:33 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Martino doesn't play a 4-3-3?

Read the analysing tata thread in the Barca section. Good info there on him and how he plays
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:50 am

He could adjust his current system to suit the current Barca players. That way Xavi can fit into the system.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:07 am

Marco Verratti
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:53 pm

Thiago Alcantara Sad
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down