Messi is autistic?

5 posters

Go down

Messi is autistic? Empty Messi is autistic?

Post by gnrfan Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:58 am

Heard he was diagnosed by a famous Brazilian doctor. Here is the story. http://www.reddit.com/r/aspergers/comments/1m17yp/alltime_great_soccer_player_lionel_messi_was/ True or nor not? I mean he is kind of shy and awkward in interviews, but autism seems like a blanket diagnosis for any awkward person. Thoughts?
gnrfan
gnrfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Messi is autistic? Empty Re: Messi is autistic?

Post by free_cat Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:41 am

Romario said that long ago, but I really don't think he is autistic. An autistic person wouldn't be able to give public interviews, which he does now very often and being not really akward. An autistic person would also have big trouble showing his feelings to his girlfriend or towards his son, and Messi does that too even in public.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:44 am

Perhaps a slight autism then? Who cares though it's not like he's crazy or something.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:55 am

free_cat wrote:Romario said that long ago, but I really don't think he is autistic. An autistic person wouldn't be able to give public interviews, which he does now very often and being not really akward. An autistic person would also have big trouble showing his feelings to his girlfriend or towards his son, and Messi does that too even in public.

Not exactly correct on a red one. But, i think you got it right on the blue one.

About the red one, autism comes in different scales of severity. People with autism can manage a "normal" life and can give public interviews and talks.

Check this out:
http://www.ted.com/talks/temple_grandin_the_world_needs_all_kinds_of_minds.html
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:24 pm

In autism you have language, social and behavioral problems.. You have to have all three.. Asperger's is similar, but you only have social and behavioral problems

If anything, he will only have Asperger's.. I don't think so though, but then again I don't know him personally and don't know if he has repetitive behavioral patterns that are awkward and stuff like that

He's just introverted IMO

People with those disorders sometimes have savant skills, I.e being extraordinary at math and stuff.. I don't think sports count but his would have to surely be football since he shits on everyone else Proud
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down