Kaladin
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
Lex
Gil
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Predict the Premier League Top 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict the Premier League Top 4

Post by Art Morte Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:46 am

M99 wrote:
DuringTheWar wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Thought I might finally post my pic online

Spoiler:

We're going to get run over. We can't play that many high intensity games in succession against quality teams, by the end of it we will probably be in despair, mentally broken.

This is a really disgraceful fixture list, how can anyone deal with that

Is that really RG? He does not look 31 at all.

Yeah it's him all right.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Predict the Premier League Top 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: Predict the Premier League Top 4

Post by M99 Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:56 am

OK, it's not him. Someone from twitter who threatened to kill himself if Arsenal don't buy anyone Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:21 am

1. Mcity
2. chelsea
3. arse
4. liverpool
5. manutd
6. tthm
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:41 am

Next week is a big week wrt to top4 contenders.

Liverpool vs Everton
Spurs vs City

Ill cry if we finish in the top 4 this year, Its been too long.

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:46 am

I find myself annoyed at how much I'm having to root for Spurs and United to get results even if it's better for us.  Mad 

Like I said, Liverpool have most of their top 7 games at home, no European fixtures and the league's biggest flat-track bully. It would take some choking to mess up.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:48 am

Last edited by S on Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:32 pm

MJGunner wrote:I find myself annoyed at how much I'm having to root for Spurs and United to get results even if it's better for us.  Mad 

Like I said, Liverpool have most of their top 7 games at home, no European fixtures and the league's biggest flat-track bully. It would take some choking to mess up.
Unfortunately, we've made something of a habit out of that sort of choking. Hopefully, this season is the one where we finally get over the hump. However, with injuries and form dips, it's looking like we're going to need to spend in order to get top 4 rather than needing to spend in order to challenge. Our festive fixture list proved disastrous for us in both results and squad fitness.

As for United, they're in serious danger of falling out of the race for top four. I'm not ruling them out, but they are likely to be more than 6 points off the pace by the end of the day. Tottenham, Liverpool, and Everton look all set to battle it out for that last European spot. United are in a position where they'll have to scrath and claw just to get back into the race.

Tottenham are in a good run of form, but I'm still of the opinion that it's more of a post-change bump than the ascension of the next managerial genius in Tim Sherwood. I simply can't see Sherwood's tactics holding them in the race for long. Teams will figure out that Eriksen dictates their play, Adebayor is the only true striking threat, and they no longer play with a true holding midfielder. I have a hard time seeing them hold up to the better sides in the league with their current set-up.

Everton, on the other hand, look like legitimate candidates. I see a lot of people assuming that they will drop off later in the season, but I'm not certain of that at all. In fact, Martinez team's have more often pushed on in the last half of the season. I fully expect to see them in the mix for that last CL spot come the end of the season.

If I were an Everton supporter (...there's a scary though), I would be more worried about next season, and the ramifications of actually achieving European football. Their squad is VERY reliant on loan signings, and it's only going to get worse if they land Traore on loan. In that case, their entire (relevant) strike force will be loanees, as well as the severely underated influence of Gareth Barry as their midfield anchor. The scariest part of Everton's (and Martinez's) success this season is that they have to go out and rebuild their squad in the off-season. Barkely, McCarthy, and Mirallas are very good, but they still lack a true DM, a reliable goal-scorer, and possibly another winger (McGeady has yet to kick a ball for them). The scary thought is that they will need to address these issues in the summer AND sign depth for a European campaign. Even with the incoming European funds, this will severely stretch their budget. It's a bit of a double-edged sword for EFC supporters.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:53 pm

RealGunner wrote:
(Bayern Munich (A), Spurs (A), Chelsea (A), Man City (H), Everton (A) )

what is life?

You're faq'd!  banana banana banana 

eco smile

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:56 pm

Good bye #1 spot.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:04 pm

So this is now our fixture list starting from February

Crystal Palace (h)
Liverpool (a)
Man U (h)
Liverpool (h)
Bayern (h)

S'land (h)
Stoke (a)
Swansea (h)
Bayern (a)
Spurs (a)
Chelsea (a)
Man City (h)
Everton (a)

Predict the Premier League Top 4 - Page 2 Suicide
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:05 pm

That 2nd Liverpool game is an FA cup game. A draw requires a replay away

Jesus, Pele and the Terminator couldn't handle such a fixture list
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:10 pm

Arsenal out of top 4 hmm
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:19 pm

Lex wrote:So this is now our fixture list starting from February

Crystal Palace (h)
Liverpool (a)
Man U (h)
Liverpool (h)
Bayern (h)

S'land (h)
Stoke (a)
Swansea (h)
Bayern (a)
Spurs (a)
Chelsea (a)
Man City (h)
Everton (a)

Predict the Premier League Top 4 - Page 2 Suicide

That is brutal  Laughing 

Arsenal will have to compensate the FA cup v Liverpool and field a weak team given the fact that you play Utd on Wednesday before that tie then Bayern Munich 3 days after.

I can't remember seeing a team having such a hard run of fixtures. It's going to be fun to see how your season unfolds  pirat
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2