Le Samourai
LeSwagg James
Great Leader Sprucenuce
dmize
Freeza
21 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 30 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by izzy Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:19 pm

LeSwagg James wrote:Felonton is playing on Thursday Proud

He better be on the bench, he's the worst starting PG in the league.
Fat scrub.

The Knicks will raise their game against the Heat anyway, every team does.

izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 30 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:30 pm

Feltdown will start. Because Woody is the biggest scrub on the team
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:24 am

Feel like Granger is done, or not fully recovered from injury. Not sure what he can give.

Spurs/Clippers signing him would be basically emergency back up, ala McGrady last year.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:40 am

Yeah Granger has looked awful this year.

At least Butler has shown signs he can still play. He's got a couple 30 point games including a 38 point game.

OKC just lost their 3rd straight... don't know what's going on with them since WB got back
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:44 am

You just answered your own question.

I honestly think KD would be better of with a different point guard. I think he (KD) could be an Alpha Male, but it seems he turns that down with Westbrook. Very similar to walking on eggshells...I don't think KD is afraid of the guy, but I do believe Westbrook would act up if KD attempted to take that roll. All this is based off what I saw in past seasons.

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:50 am

ranDOM 10 wrote:You just answered your own question.

I honestly think KD would be better of with a different point guard. I think he (KD) could be an Alpha Male, but it seems he turns that down with Westbrook. Very similar to walking on eggshells...I don't think KD is afraid of the guy, but I do believe Westbrook would act up if KD attempted to take that roll. All this is based off what I saw in past seasons.

I mean they were 21-4 before he got hurt.

Brooks doesn't know how to control minutes with WB back though. Lamb only getting 11 minutes, why? Jackson got 24, Fisher got 17.

I'd drop Sefo by 8 minutes and Fisher by 4 and give those to PJIII and Lamb
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:52 am

Regular season numbers don't really do it for me. I've only watched playoff basketball the last few years and even then, I wasn't watching all the games. I just happened to consistently find myself watching OKC for some reason.

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:27 am

Russ is the alpha make of that team I agree
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:16 am

Perry Jones needs to get more run.

The numbers with the Jackon, Westbrook, Jones, Durant and Ibaka line up are off the page in terms of +/-

Nobody has any idea how to guard Durant at the 4, the line up is incredibly fast end to end and Jones can defend alot of players. While the front line lacks strength, it is very long and bothers shooters while speeding up rotations.

Defensively, its about as effective as any other line up they have.

But offensively its incredible.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:32 am

Scott Brooks is braindead tbh, he's almost stubborn to the level of Mike D'antoni.. It sickens me that he keeps playing scrubs ahead of talents that are already as good as the veterans. It doesn't make any sense what so ever. Perry Jones is a great talent and offers more than Perkins (Ibaka at C in that case) and also Collison (atleast offensively).
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:28 pm

With Westbrook, it's the same problem. Both of them hesitate too much on offence, Westbrook trying to get it into Durant, Durant trying to get it into Westbrook, three other guys doing nothing because everyone in the entire arena knows what they're doing.

Westbrook is doing it because he's been told to do it, maybe not directly, but by everything anyone has said in the past couple years. Why Durant is doing it is a mystery.

The Jones thing is almost common sense by now, though I'd swap Jackson with Sefalosha, just to maximize length and switchability.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:48 pm

Laughing 
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:58 pm

CP3 is a serial flopper.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:27 am

Lol... Feltdown started.. Woody you ***** you are so predictable
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:28 am

Durant's numbers have began to drop and Miami has a better record than OKC now. Always knew the Westbrook factor was going to be huge. This MVP race is very far from over.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:07 pm

Rolling Eyes

Yep, in the 3 games since he came back KD numbers suck.

28, 8 and 3

42, 3 and 10

28, 10 and 9

Just garbage that.

Thats 32.6, 7 and 7.3 on 52.6%

For the season, he is 31.5, 7.7 and 5.6 on 51%
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:22 pm

Granger to the Clippers, Butler to the Thunder it seems..

Glad we didn't get either, we need some more size down low
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:12 pm

The Franchise wrote:Rolling Eyes

Yep, in the 3 games since he came back KD numbers suck.

28, 8 and 3

42, 3 and 10

28, 10 and 9

Just garbage that.

Thats 32.6, 7 and 7.3 on 52.6%

For the season, he is 31.5, 7.7 and 5.6 on 51%
When I say dropping, I'm talking about compared to the ridiculous month he had last month. Besides, he has scored above 30 once(the 42pt game) since Westbrook came back and as I've been saying, he won't be doing it as often. His recent numbers aren't even as good as Lebron's. In that same stretch, Lebron's numbers are 36, 6.7 & 4.3 on 68.8%

Now here's the real part.

Lebron's latest stretch has closed the gap considerably (he had a PER of 28 and now he's 29.4 and i believe he will have a 29.7 PER after last night's game, though Durant's PER has gone to 30.6 from 31.Cool. Lebron's shooting % is out of this world while Durant's not shooting the ball that well (compare to his amazing month of January).

Durant's WS/48 was 0.320 at the end of January, now it's 0.311. his ORtg was 128 (first in the league) now its 123.
Lebron's WS/48 was 0.225 at the end of January, now it's 0.311 his ORtg was 116 now its 123.
Durant's DRtg was 100 at the end of January, now it's 102.
Lebron's DRtg was 106 at the end of January, now it's 105.

So, as I said, Durant's numbers are dropping. He had Lebron beat in every statistical category you could think of as recent as early February, now he's losing the grip rapidly.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:30 pm

I feel like this is Hollinger's world sometimes.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:41 pm

Yep. Lebron is MVP already actually, just give him the trophy already.

Maybe DPOY aswell?

Jeez.

Your putting out incorrect, false or incomplete arguments left, right and center just to push the agenda.

Only reason I am willing to pull you up on it, is to complete or correct your arguments. Cant just let you talk wreckless nonesense to such a degree.

You said KD numbers gone down, I show you they have not..you bring quantum physics numbers and talk about Lebron...great.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:59 pm

I'm 100% sure he don't know what defensive and offensive rating means, otherwise he wouldn't be talking about it. Wade, more than anything else is what bumped those numbers for Lebron.

Offensive win shares is an OK stat, again, if you actually get what it means....but defensive win shares...good luck with that if you aren't using it to evaluate a center. I personally guarantee KD will have better defensive win shares at the end of the season, even though he really isn't that good a defender.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:41 pm

Butler to OKC.

Nice pick up but probably pushes Jones out of rotation and Lamb will get less minutes also.

The smart thing would be to kill Fishers minutes but Brooks doesn't do the smart things
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:52 pm

The Franchise wrote:Yep. Lebron is MVP already actually, just give him the trophy already.

Maybe DPOY aswell?

Jeez.

Your putting out incorrect, false or incomplete arguments left, right and center just to push the agenda.

Only reason I am willing to pull you up on it, is to complete or correct your arguments. Cant just let you talk wreckless nonesense to such a degree.

You said KD numbers gone down, I show you they have not..you bring quantum physics numbers and talk about Lebron...great.
You can choose to exaggerate as much as you like, but that's your cup of tea Laughing

Win shares is a simple metric that estimates the number of wins that a player contributes to his team and its in terms of percentages. I'm sure you've also seen stats in terms of "per 48" and that was simply what I brought up. I can post the exact win share numbers but that won't make any difference.

Ortg = Points produced per 100 possessions(It takes into account everything a player does offensively from points to assists to free throws to offensive rebounds etc)
Drtg = Points allowed per 100 possessions(one of the best ways to analayze a player's defensive impact)

You could have asked me to explain better if you weren't familiar with them and I would have done so. Didn't know what some of these advanced stats were until around 2012 myself.

There's also TS% and eFG% which I didn't even mention.

My initial point was KD's numbers are dropping, and factually, they are. If it makes any difference, A LOT of the media members that vote for the MVP use those numbers so they're quite important. They used some of those numbers against Lebron when he lost to Rose too.

I could go on and on but I don't see the point unless you mention it. Like I said, you could tell me to explain myself better to make my post more understandable but hey if you want to go on with sarcasm then that's fine Laughing

FWIW, these are their complete stats:

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 30 Capture_zpse15d1f5c

As of end of January/early February, Durant was blowing Lebron out of the water in every category except maybe FG%. The numbers look a lot closer now(apart from PPG, of course).
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:54 pm

Le Samourai wrote:I'm 100% sure he don't know what defensive and offensive rating means, otherwise he wouldn't be talking about it. Wade, more than anything else is what bumped those numbers for Lebron.

Offensive win shares is an OK stat, again, if you actually get what it means....but defensive win shares...good luck with that if you aren't using it to evaluate a center. I personally guarantee KD will have better defensive win shares at the end of the season, even though he really isn't that good a defender.

Why on earth would I use a stat I don't understand in an argument when there's the possibility of making a fool of myself? Laughing

That you don't know what it means doesn't mean I don't, mate. And yes Drtg is a good metric for measuring defense of wing defenders although its better for centers.

And by the way, KD has been a much better defender this year than last year(while Lebron has played some poor defense at times this season) so don't say he "isn't really a good defender". He's not an elite defender but he's a very good defender this season.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:08 pm

how are you gonna use all these John Hollinger stats and not use win shares.

Durant Winshares/48: .311
LeBron: .272

Durant PER: 30.6
LeBron: 29.5
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:23 pm

Yep dropping.

That lousy 32 7 and 7 on 50 is going to end his hopes for voters.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next