Red Alert
Kick
Robespierre
iftikhar
Art Morte
83 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V6 - Page 21 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V6

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:28 am

Mole in supporting his second team shocker Proud. Basically 3 results separate us from the top 3. Hull (A), Villa (H), and WBA (A). Unsurprisingly all those results have come from Toure-Skrtel CB partnership. I'd fresking love to see how the top 3 would cope and be affected if 3 of their 4 starting defenders were all out injured for a run of 7-8 games. Because in a lot of away games in prem, you need to grind out those 1-0 wins and you require your defense to be in top shape and personnel to pull it off. It's a lot harder to do it when you're basically playing a totally second choice defense. Anyways, we have a shocking recent record vs. Arsenal , we had an ever worse and more shocking record away to Spurs and Stolle and we got rid of it with great performances. We also are very rarely poor for two games running, so I expect a massive response on Saturday. We will all know a lot more in 84 hours time....so I guess time will tell. Shame we can't see Araenal fielding a Jenkinson-Vermaelen-Koscielny-Montreal defense for 8 period run or City with Boyota-Nastadic-Demichelis-Koraloc for same time period. Well anyways, we'll find out more in a few days. Onwards and upwards

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V6 - Page 21 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V6

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:28 am

Watching back the big match and read up on some analysis, Demichellis played in DM role and was a lost puppy, LOL! Wtf was Pellegrini thinking! That goal conceded, he was wide right, got owned by Hazard and just causually WALKED! and when Ivanovic scored he was still wide right and nowhere in sight, joke of a player, at least to put him in DM was just terrible. He did nothing the whoile game and Yaya was asked to do too much on his own, basically Man City's defenders were nervous wreck already without ANY midfield cover help.

Actually first 30 minutes Man City were pretty good, once conceded they just looked shell shocked... going to try watch the second half and see what else happened....oh god..
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:32 am

Silva was also to blame for the goal, he didn't Track Ivanovic as he was wondering off in no mans land.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:55 am

How can Sepi just blatantly say "the only thing separating us from the top 3 is 3 games against x, y & z"? Blimey! rofl

That's HOW you become a top side ffs. You WIN those games. I still find it funny that Liverpool fans think there's a chance they'll break into the top 3 this season. Barring a disastrous run of games from one of the 3, there's no way in the freezing blue depths of hell Liverpool will finish top 3.

That said, I think they're a shoe in for 4th this season. Just can't see Spurs or Everton making it and Liverpool are clearly the best of the rest.

Next season, after Rogers has had time to strengthen some more, they might have a shot. Though I can't promise you Arsenal, City & Chelsea won't also strengthen.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:12 am

^ it'd certainly help a great deal to have the money and resources to go out there and casually buy one of the best DMs in the world in winter. Hence my signature and massive annoyance at what happened in transfer window. Anyways I highlighted those 3 games as games I can confidently say we would have at least gotten 4 more points from that crop had we had our first choice defense available. Chelsea are masters of grinding out wins in the league for the sole reason that they have a very settled back 4 that barely changes due to lack of injuries there. It's a reason you can win so many games 1-0 or 2-0. Same with arsenal. Unfortunately, with our very unfortunate defensive injury crisis, we basically start every game 1-0 down,earning we have to score minimum of 2/3 goals a game to win and it doesn't happen regularly enough in football. That's what speedsters us from being title challengers and instead we are top 4 challengers. On paper, when you have 2 of two of the top 3 scoring strikers in the league with 40 goals combined between them, you should be in title talk. No excuse, but sadly our defensive injury crisis and having to field a different back four every other game has led to dropping silly points in some fixtures.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:21 am

Natalie Portman wrote:I want to bang my head to the wall, we'd be right up there with the top 3, had we not dropped stupid points to Villa and WBA by totally idiotic mistakes :facepalm:.

I guess the only silver lining is, we've been playing with our second choice defense for over 1.5 months and we're still forth. Sakho and Agger couldn't get fit soon enough :facepalm:

I've been quiet, because I frankly wanted to cry at the manner we dropped points vs. WBA. It was disgusting....sort of error you'll see in parks. though WBA are a weird team, I just read the only team in the top 8, not to drop points to them is City Laughing

Whats your point? Chelsea could be outright first by a few posints if we hadnt dropped stupid points at the start of the season and also recently v West Ham. Thats football, sometimes the little guys upset the big boys, it happens to all the big clubs
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:28 am

^ of you bother and read the following post, I was referring to the defensive injury crisis. You'll find it a lot harder to grind out those boring, gutsy 1-0 wins away from home if you had Terry, Ivanovic and Azpi all out for let's say 7-8 games. It's unfortunate that it has happened and I think this is the main reason that we aren't sniffing by neck of the top 3 and rather are leading the 4-7 gang. Touchy fans, these Chelsea lot, ugh.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:33 am

Natalie Portman wrote:^ it'd certainly help a great deal to have the money and resources to go out there and casually buy one of the best DMs in the world in winter. Hence my signature and massive annoyance at what happened in transfer window. Anyways I highlighted those 3 games as games I can confidently say we would have at least gotten 4 more points from that crop had we had our first choice defense available. Chelsea are masters of grinding out wins in the league for the sole reason that they have a very settled back 4 that barely changes due to lack of injuries there. It's a reason you can win so many games 1-0 or 2-0. Same with arsenal. Unfortunately, with our very unfortunate defensive injury crisis, we basically start every game 1-0 down,earning we have to score minimum of 2/3 goals a game to win and it doesn't happen regularly enough in football. That's what speedsters us from being title challengers and instead we are top 4 challengers. On paper, when you have 2 of two of the top 3 scoring strikers in the league with 40 goals combined between them, you should be in title talk. No excuse, but sadly our defensive injury crisis and having to field a different back four every other game has led to dropping silly points in some fixtures.
I understand you, Sepi, but as fatman said, pretty much every team can make an "if we had won x game" argument for why they should be higher on the table.

For starters, if we had won against West Ham we'd probably be top of the league right now or at least be tied for top with only GD separating us from Arsenal.

And fwiw, I don't think we'd be in a much different position having Ivanovic-Luiz back up for Cahill-Terry. Maybe 1 or 2 points lower but still pretty much in the same position.

And don't tell me Liverpool didn't have enough money to buy a £20m CM in the winter. Oh please, we're not talking about £100m here. You almost signed a £16m winger, afterall.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:47 am

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V6 - Page 21 110
Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V6 - Page 21 210
Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V6 - Page 21 310

After all the noise from ManCity, Chelsea seem to be in a very good position according to those three tables :coffee:
Also, it seems like Liverpool will help Arsenal in opening their nil account in away matches this weekend Laughing

Last edited by HEIL MEIN REDS on Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:52 am

Blue Barrett wrote:
Natalie Portman wrote:^ it'd certainly help a great deal to have the money and resources to go out there and casually buy one of the best DMs in the world in winter. Hence my signature and massive annoyance at what happened in transfer window. Anyways I highlighted those 3 games as games I can confidently say we would have at least gotten 4 more points from that crop had we had our first choice defense available. Chelsea are masters of grinding out wins in the league for the sole reason that they have a very settled back 4 that barely changes due to lack of injuries there. It's a reason you can win so many games 1-0 or 2-0. Same with arsenal. Unfortunately, with our very unfortunate defensive injury crisis, we basically start every game 1-0 down,earning we have to score minimum of 2/3 goals a game to win and it doesn't happen regularly enough in football. That's what speedsters us from being title challengers and instead we are top 4 challengers. On paper, when you have 2 of two of the top 3 scoring strikers in the league with 40 goals combined between them, you should be in title talk. No excuse, but sadly our defensive injury crisis and having to field a different back four every other game has led to dropping silly points in some fixtures.
I understand you, Sepi, but as fatman said, pretty much every team can make an "if we had won x game" argument for why they should be higher on the table.

For starters, if we had won against West Ham we'd probably be top of the league right now or at least be tied for top with only GD separating us from Arsenal.

And fwiw, I don't think we'd be in a much different position having Ivanovic-Luiz back up for Cahill-Terry. Maybe 1 or 2 points lower but still pretty much in the same position.

And don't tell me Liverpool didn't have enough money to buy a £20m CM in the winter. Oh please, we're not talking about £100m here. You almost signed a £16m winger, afterall.
not sure if you got his point, he is just having rant over our defence. Have you even seen Cissokho/Shitekho... 58% passing accuracy against WBA type of team, any two/four legged animal would do better than him  with the ball Crying or Very sad 

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:03 am

Kick wrote:Silva was also to blame for the goal, he didn't track Ivanovic as he was wondering off in no mans land.

Silva's role means that he doesnt defend well is a given. The fact that Man C plays so attacking meant Kolarov also attacks non stop and basically Man C didnt have cover, and the 2 CBs had a lot to do vs the 4 or more players Chelsea countered with. I guess it will be Man C's style, they gamble a bit and focus on attack, leaving spaces and low numbered behind. But vs Mou side that is pure suicide by Pellegrini

. This game really shows how good Fernandinho has been for Man C, that him being the only real midfielder for the defensive duties, and he also has been able to contribute lately attacking, we need him back. Pellegrini doesnt seem to have a clue defending.... can soemone tell me how his MAlaga side managed so well defense wise?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:45 pm

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V6 - Page 21 20140203-215710

Not one, but 3 banners about United at the Emptihad. They will always be obsessed with us.

United are on their mind 24/7
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:03 pm

Okay for the people that didn't understand Sepi's point. This is what he's talking about

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V6 - Page 21 VIC

No way that happens if Agger is playing. Or Sakho.

Don't even get me started on Cissokho. He has played 14 times for us Mad

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:07 pm

in that gif, Gerrard is clearly showing him 'towards the keeper, you dumb arse old junky toure' Toure: No, i have to play it forward or wayward :facepalm:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:13 pm

Why would you post that Mc? Sad
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:14 pm

That can happen with any team.

Now we are not apart of any discussion for anything but its no coincidence that we were in and around in the top 6 before Taylor came back into the team and now we can't buy a win ffs.

Just have to deal with it, happens to every team through out the season.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:21 pm

It CAN happen but it doesn't. Because all the players capable of doing that for the other teams are on the bench. Let's just say if we had our starting defense available like Arsenal or Chelsea we would have been doing better because it's the truth.

I don't get your Taylor comment. It actually helps my argument. Imagine having two Taylor's in Cissokho and Toure.

Last edited by McAgger on Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:22 pm

Anyway WBA has bothered all top 7 in Premier League this year
Chelsea at SB, Tottenham at WHL, Manchester United at OT (and won) ,Arsenal,Everton and Liverpool of course.

Newcastle-esque

only City is unhurt ... for now
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:25 pm

tbh WBA didn't bother us at all. As you can see by that goal, we didn't want to win Razz
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:26 pm

McAgger wrote:It CAN happen but it doesn't. Because all the players capable of doing that for the other teams are on the bench. Let's just say if we had our starting defense available like Arsenal or Chelsea we would have been doing better because it's the truth.

I don't get your Taylor comment. It actually helps my argument. Imagine having two Taylor's in Cissokho and Toure.

Meh ifs and buts mean nothing.... fact is you don't.

As for two Taylor's we do hmm

Ryan and Steven hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:33 pm

McAgger wrote:tbh WBA didn't bother us at all. As you can see by that goal, we didn't want to win Razz
yes, Toure made the epic fail of the month but to be fair I didn't like the Liverpool on Sunday.
Liverpool was not brillant as other times, not a good attitude, much confusion probably you felt also the fatigue I  think.
I remember a great save by Mignolet on 0-1 for example.
WBA is an anannoying club because it thinks only to destroy more than play football, and it and can happen to get away with it somehow

Last edited by Robespierre on Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:35 pm

McAgger wrote:It CAN happen but it doesn't. Because all the players capable of doing that for the other teams are on the bench

Gerrad has/had a tendency of doing that

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V6 - Page 21 ZTl0Ie

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V6 - Page 21 Skqf1O

The man just loves to assist :bow:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:37 pm

lmao forgot you had two Taylo's Laughing

Obviously ifs and buts don't mean much after the results.

That is not the point any of us is trying to make. Our starting defense has Sakho, Agger, Enrique, and Johnson in it. We are playing with Skrtel, Toure, Flanno, and Cissokho. The point is if Arsenal were missing all of Kos, Merte, Gibbs, and Sagna for an extended period of time, and had to play Monreal, Verm, Jenkinson and some youth CB it would make a difference. Same for City, imagine Kompany, Zabalet, Nastasic, Kolarov out and Demichelse, Lescott, Clitchy, and Richards playing.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:38 pm

Lex forgetting the one to Zidane smh No
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:38 pm

What's the point of that Lex?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:43 pm

McAgger wrote:What's the point of that Lex?

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:That can happen with any team
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next