Red Alert
Kick
Robespierre
iftikhar
Art Morte
83 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V6 - Page 38 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V6

Post by REWB Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:21 pm

RedOranje wrote:That's three come-back 1-1 draws for Mel's West Brom against sides in the European chase/spots, isn't it?

RealGunner wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:Would be funny if Arsenal drew tomorrow.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if we draw. United are winning this. No reverse jinx or whatever. History says it all. 2 wins in last 18 against United
But what was Liverpool's record against Arsenal prior to Saturday?  This season has been all about tearing up the history books, particularly when related to Manchester United.

man utd are going to shut us down easy, without walcott we literally have no goal threat, man utd are just going to compact the middle and hit us on the break, you watch its going to be easy for them.

liverpool have sturridge and suarez so you know they can always out score a team and play well in big games, we cant im telling you there is nothing there uptop.

REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V6 - Page 38 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V6

Post by RedOranje Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:30 pm

Yes, and we've had an almost-entirely makeshift defense that tends to concede 2 goals a game away from home and half as many at home every match, whereas Arsenal have perhaps the best (or at the very least one of the best) defenses in the league, particularly in the current CB partnership. Why do people insist on knee-jerking to such extremes after every single slight change in fortunes? A shift in the direction of the winds does not generally indicate an oncoming typhoon.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:31 pm

RealGunner wrote:

I'd be pleasantly surprised if we draw. United are winning this. No reverse jinx or whatever. History says it all. 2 wins in last 18 against United

haven't you heard about Moyes unparalleled string of historical record breaking?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:48 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Oeeeh! You feel dat bro? What's dat feeling? Bitterness from points dropped.
Yep, you feel it.
Bitterness? Laughing

I'm not even expecting a title win this season. I'm just pleased we're in the race. Its a bonus for me if we win it but if we don't it doesn't bother me either because the team has progressed massively. We'll be set for next season.

I'm saying at the moment though, don't count your eggs before they hatch. I mean, its not like you've actually claimed the supposed automatic 3 points tomorrow yet.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:49 pm

"When I first started getting singled out, it stung," the midfielder told the Mirror. "But it's something you have got to learn to take when the team is not doing well.

"My job goes under the radar at times. I am not a player who's going to beat three or four people and stick it in the top corner or go round tackling people like Roy Keane.

"I would like the fans on my side and it hurts a little bit when you have grown up at the club and love the club every bit as much as the supporters.

"But there are other people in the current United squad who have been through this kind of thing and they have made sure their quality shone through.

"I have got to look at those people. I have learned to take it with a pinch of salt and I'm sure it will make me stronger for the rest of my career.

"I feel I've been made a scapegoat a little bit. A few people in the media certainly seem to have a perception of me not doing much in the team.

"Don't get me wrong, I know I can do better but people are making a big thing about how I don't score enough goals when that is not necessarily my first job in the team."

United fans might want to see Cleverley in a box-to-box role, but that is not the role Moyes has asked him to play with the United boss preferring him in a holding role.

"I watch Spanish football a lot," Cleverley says. "If they pass the ball sideways but keep possession, the fans clap them.

"Their attitude is that as long as you have got the ball, the other team can't hurt you.

"I know the mentality is different here and that is what makes our game the best in the world because it is so intense.

"But sometimes I have got to not listen and play my game because I feel I'm doing the best thing for the team."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/9160886/tom-cleverley-im-scapegoat-for-manchester-uniteds-struggles

To be honest, I can understand where he's coming from, though I'm not sure I completely agree with it. Grafters do tend to be the first and most prominent targets of complaints and criticisms when a top club's form (or worse) drops. Kuyt, Henderson, Lucas, and Ramsey all come to mind as having faced similar issues at one point or another in relatively recent memory. And when you're asked to play a specific role, it is a bit unfair to find yourself criticised for fulfilling that.

That said, I can't remember any of those players I mentioned complaining about it publicly (doesn't mean that they didn't, I just don't remember it) and they were all, to one level or another, underperforming along with their teams. That said, they all turned it around as well. It remains to be seen whether Cleverley (and United) can do the same.

This also strikes me a bit that it demonstrates just how fickle football (and football supporters) can be. How many young(ish) players over the years looked like stars in the making, future staples for big clubs and national sides alike, only to end up fading into obscurity? Cleverley has certainly fared better than many so far. And by contrast, I think there's also a fair number of players who've risen from relative obscurity into being proper stars. Most don't tend to be the flashiest of talents but they became or appear to be developing into, quite important players for their clubs and/or national sides despite receiving little attention and recognition previously.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:44 pm

Great moment for West Ham United.
10 points in last 4 matches, and even 4 consecutive clean sheets (one of which was at Stamford Birdge ! )
Big Sam Allardyce can ask a salary increase Proud
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:20 am

Robespierre wrote:Great moment for West Ham United.
10 points in last 4 matches, and even 4 consecutive clean sheets (one of which was at Stamford Birdge ! )
I have just seen that, what a turn around? Shocked  I guess Man city turn them in to winners. Laughing
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:44 am

Fußball wrote:Mourinho dropping points against GOAT La Liga coach Pepe Mel. What's new? Proud

Nothing to see here folks. Nothing new. Just GOAT Pepe Mel, just GOAT Liga Proud
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:14 am

RedOranje wrote:Yes, and we've had an almost-entirely makeshift defense that tends to concede 2 goals a game away from home and half as many at home every match, whereas Arsenal have perhaps the best (or at the very least one of the best) defenses in the league, particularly in the current CB partnership.  Why do people insist on knee-jerking to such extremes after every single slight change in fortunes?  A shift in the direction of the winds does not generally indicate an oncoming typhoon.

We have the best defence in the league when it comes to Anfield (joint best with Arsenal). :coffee:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:16 am

Robespierre wrote:Great moment for West Ham United.

The Andy Carroll effect. :bow:

(Although he's probably missed 3/4 of those games from suspension. F*cking Chico. rofl)
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:47 am

Chelsea result just put 1000 kg of pressure to us.

If we win tonight, back in termsssss
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:13 am

Need Moyes to pull through here. Get something ffs Moyesie, for the good of Merseyside.

Above all though we got to take care of our own match. Fulham are by far the worst team in the league this season. Suarez needs to turn his flat track bully suit on.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:20 am

Moyes will get the result against Arsenal tonight.

He's secretly a Liverpool supporter. Proud

You wouldn't think so after who he's managed but after you examine it, you'll start to see the light.

Wins Everton over for 10 years making them feel relevant despite them being Everton...... becomes a winner for his own managerial hype through the media/neutral fans and is now slowly destroying Fergie's era after he was the decided to be the "chosen" one despite being on the same level as Harry Redknapp ffs. Proud
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:28 am

Liverpool fans treating Man utd like a mid table club Very Happy

Dont be so relaxed .
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:32 am

Have you seen the table? hmm

They're a "top half" team in theory, but they're still mid table. :coffee:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:48 am

Win or die!!!

This is what describes most of EPL games from now on.

10 Clubs fighting for existence..

Four clubs fighting for title. (Must win for Liverpool if they want to be in this category).

Man Utd and Spuds fighting for top four.

Anything less than three points for all these clubs is NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

Interesting times ahead.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Puyol Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:43 am

Got $50 on Arsenal.With my luck,Man U is gonna win.
Mr_Puyol
Mr_Puyol
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Leviathan Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:17 am

Red Alert wrote:Have you seen the table? hmm

Still mid-table.............but still the champions :bow: 

Leviathan
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:44 am

Leviathan wrote:

Tbh from Champs to Mid table is quite embarrassing.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Leviathan Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:48 am

Highburied wrote:
Leviathan wrote:

Tbh from Champs to Mid table is quite embarrassing.

'quite'??????

'quite'???????????????????????????

It is embarrassing by cataclysmic proportions. But it is ok because Cleverley according to himself does what Xabi Alonso does, Valencia is going to prove he was the player to replace Ronaldo and Smalling may one day step up from the level he played at at Maidenhead Mad 

Leviathan
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:02 am

Fußball wrote:Liverpool win against Fulham and they are 4 points within title distance. :bow:

Let's go, Commander Suarez. Molenation 

I hope this , it would be fantastic for the show
Premier League :bow:
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:32 am

Liverpool fans rooting on Yanited :facepalm:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:38 am

why not, when even top 4 are also not clear, I say, make everything happen, throw all of the top 7 in the title race ffffs
In case we lose or draw tonight against Fulham, we are frracked, Spurs and Neverton will catch us :facepalm:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:45 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:why not, when even top 4 are also not clear, I say, make everything happen, throw all of the top 7 in the title race ffffs
In case we lose or draw tonight against Fulham, we are frracked, Spurs and Neverton will catch us :facepalm:

If Arsenal win today and you manage to beat Fulham,you'd be 12 points above your main CL rival.Seriously,you should be more than happy with that considering your sole objective is to qualify for CL.Its also about being realistic,you know. :coffee:

Last edited by S on Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:49 am

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V6 - Page 38 1621697_422387444573460_1155105053_n
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:55 am

I had recently shown the stats that ManUtd must keep an average of title winning team to get back in the CL and I think that to get that kind of form overnight is very very very difficult. I know theoretically or mathematically it is still possible but being realistic, ManUtd still has some big games to face and to achieve a points/game ratio of almost 2.4 which will help them gain 31 points, in the end they will finish on 72 (41+31) points, now that is highly impossible according to me.

I am more worried about Spurs or Everton. Spurs are actually able to get some results. Also I think if there is a difference of 5 points difference between 2nd and 3rd and also there is a difference of 7 points between 3rd and 5th, therefore I would like to drag down anyone above us if that is possible, so a draw between Arsenal and ManUtd will still give 11 points gap between manUtd and Liverpool, in case we win tonight.

Last edited by HEIL MEIN REDS on Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next