Firenze
RED
B-Mac
32 posters

Page 9 of 28 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 28  Next

Go down

THE OFFICIAL MOYES OUT THREAD - Page 9 Empty Re: THE OFFICIAL MOYES OUT THREAD

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:16 pm

It's absolutely possible Kroos doesn't extend, but then it's not automatic he'll be sold in summer, and if he's sold, every top club will be in there.

I'm sure we'll try hard to keep him , but if wants too much the club will not let itself be held hostage.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:20 pm

For example, I could never see Paul Scholes leave Man United, or am I overestimating Kroos' love for Bayern?

Schweinsteiger, Lahm and Mueller seem to love the club
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:40 pm

Busby Babe wrote:For example, I could never see Paul Scholes leave Man United, or am I overestimating Kroos' love for Bayern?

Sometimes it's easy to underestimate the power of money. That's what it all comes down to most of the time when players are choosing their contract offers. It's easy for big players to remain 'loyal' because usually their current clubs offer them the sweet deals. If Schweinsteiger, Lahm or Muller played for, say, Mainz, I'm sure they'd appear to love that club much less the moment a bigger club with bigger money, like Bayern, came asking.

Almost always the best players end up at the richest clubs and it may happen early on in their careers, but it's got little do with loyalty and love.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:53 pm

I agree about the loyalty thing. It's very rare to see a player that is very talented play for a small club, like Matt le Tissier at Southampton. I think it has to do more with trophies, than money though. Like, Van Perise chose us over Man City for example.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:11 am

Busby Babe wrote:For example, I could never see Paul Scholes leave Man United, or am I overestimating Kroos' love for Bayern?

Yes you are, Kroos is not a one club man, he's too arrogant to be dedicating his whole career to Bayern just for sentimentality or something.
I can well imagine him leaving at some point, just don't necessarily expect it noow already.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:01 pm

Watch him at the end, he's an embarrassment to this club.

“All the top players want to play for Manchester United,” he said according to The Guardian.

“I can’t tell you the amount of phone calls I’ve had from top players around the world who want to play for Manchester United.”

He's talking through his arse there^^^. I wish he would just stfu!
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:55 pm

What a bizarre response, at the end. Is he trying to imply that the Premier league want's us to be 7th? He's awfully prickly with the media too, considering they've been majorly supportive of him thus far.

Btw, on the players thing, he only says it when he is sure of something happening. He said something similar before Januzaj signed his contract, a little while before Mata signed and now Rooney has extended. So, I don't think he's trying to give out false promises, at least, I don't think he intends to.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:23 pm

Yep, that's what he is implying. Not because of him, nope! It's down to the machine that got us those tough fixture list. Forget the fact we lost to so many teams at home and threw away points there too. It's all one big conspiracy against him to stop him from succeeding. Pathetic and embarrassing.

And the quote, it's embarrassing to say players have called him. It comes across as a man trying to pull the rug from under us. We're not stupid, he doesn't need to assure us by saying 'players' have been calling him desperate to come to us. Don't Agents get involved in this?
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:43 pm

RED wrote:Yep, that's what he is implying. Not because of him, nope! It's down to the machine that got us those tough fixture list. Forget the fact we lost to so many teams at home and threw away points there too. It's all one big conspiracy against him to stop him from succeeding. Pathetic and embarrassing.

And the quote, it's embarrassing to say players have called him. It comes across as a man trying to pull the rug from under us. We're not stupid, he doesn't need to assure us by saying 'players' have been calling him desperate to come to us. Don't Agents get involved in this?

Ah, fair enough. I can see what you mean.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:17 am

RedCafe and Republik of Mancunia all want him out now. Just need the voice of the fans at the stadiums to turn to make the Glazers end this nightmare.

Tonight's performance has got to be the last straw....even for the most loyal Moyes supporters.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:33 am

I just want him gone before the Liverpool match. I fear an incoming thrashing otherwise
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:16 pm

Good news, fellas. He's odds on favourite to get the sack this morning- by every betting site.

The pressure is mounting.

All we need is a loss v WBA and then maybe a heavy defeat by Liverpool to finally get rid of him.

I never ever would want us to lose...ever. especially to Liverpool, but if that is what it'll take, then so be it. It would be better than having Moyes in charge.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:24 pm

Busby Babe wrote:I think Olympiakos will park an almighty bus at home, and we'll struggle to break it down due to our lack of ideas. I think that's the match he will get sacked, that's my prediction anyway Laughing

Okay since he hasn't been sacked yet, new prediction against Liverpool hmm 
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:51 pm

I think LFc doing to us what they did to Spurs would be the straw that finally breaks the camel's back.

Moyes has the biggest decision to make in that game that will test his resolve to the limit. Does he:

a) Play a full strength team to make sure LFC don't embarrass us at OT, and thus potentially ending his career at the club?

or

b) Rest key players for our game v Olympiakos on Wednesday?

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:09 pm

Carrick also got criticised for his interview being flat, for which it was, but in the end he was the one that was willing to go out and do the interview, while no one else was. Moyes should have done that interview, but instead hid in the dressing room and only attended the written press to avoid getting a fine.

And yes, he will play a strong team against Liverpool, because like against Arsenal he's setting up the team to save his job not for the better of the team. There was no reason to play for a draw against Arsenal.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:15 pm

Busby Babe wrote:Carrick also got criticised for his interview being flat, for which it was, but in the end he was the one that was willing to go out and do the interview, while no one else was. Moyes should have done that interview, but instead hid in the dressing room and only attended the written press to avoid getting a fine.

And yes, he will play a strong team against Liverpool, because like against Arsenal he's setting up the team to save his job not for the better of the team. There was no reason to play for a draw against Arsenal.

I saw a post match intervew by Moyes, and it was appropriate. Poor *bleep*-er looked completely shellshocked though.

I haven't seen Carick give interviews often, so maybe that's just his calm way, but I do agree he too looks and sounds like he is not too impressed by Moysie, simply going through the motions of "we the players have to do better".

RvP told his Dutch TV compatriate that his teammates are getting in his way etc.

No 
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:19 pm

Even Hans feels a little sorry for us. Man, this is bad No
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:22 pm

Carrick not defending Moyes was very telling imo. It shows signs that the senior players are maybe rebelling against him privately. usually when a player is asked 'is the manager to blame here' the player would say 'no, we are' but he said 'everyone is to blame'. I'm only paraphrasing ofcourse.

And Moyes sending Carrick (why not the captain?) instead of him attending the post match interview further adds to the notion of what a spineless, gutless man he is.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:50 pm

Whining at its finest:

RVP feeling mismanaged and letting the world know it.

"Our fellow players are sometimes occupying the spaces I want to play in. And when I see that it makes it difficult for me to come to those spaces as well. So that forces me to adjust my runs, based on the position of my fellow players. And unfortunately, they're often playing in my zones. I think that's a shame." said van Persie.

MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:58 pm

Usually, when I hear the players are not giving it their all, I disagree, I mean, you don't put 80+crosses if you're not giving it your all. I find it hard to defend RVP though, yeah he didn't get a lot of touches yesterday but how about against Palace? Until he scored the penalty he seemed so disinterested. I don't mind if he has concerns, but you should at least always give your best on the pitch. Even Rooney played a 100% always.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:00 pm

Busby Babe wrote:Even Hans feels a little sorry for us. Man, this is bad No

I'm following the saga like I would a certain 3hours James Cameron epic, in suspense, crying, hoping, feeling for the passengers, berating the captain... Sad 
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:08 pm

THE OFFICIAL MOYES OUT THREAD - Page 9 BhZNEl5CYAA8KIw

Shows roughly 93% of #MUFC fans on club's biggest forum now want Moyes sacked

Hapless_Hans wrote:

I'm following the saga like I would a certain 3hours James Cameron epic, in suspense, crying, hoping, feeling for the passengers, berating the captain... Sad 

Laughing
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:24 pm

Busby Babe wrote:THE OFFICIAL MOYES OUT THREAD - Page 9 BhZNEl5CYAA8KIw

Shows roughly 93% of #MUFC fans on club's biggest forum now want Moyes sacked

Hapless_Hans wrote:

Laughing

Everyone has seen the light. Now we just need the board to act...
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:57 pm

THE OFFICIAL MOYES OUT THREAD - Page 9 Moyes_zpsc3b7a033

lmao
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:07 pm

The Glazers have backed David Moyes to rebuild ageing United
The manager's high-tech scouting set-up with its extensive list of possible transfer targets has impressed the owners

David Moyes continues to have the firm backing of the Glazer family despite his dismal inaugural campaign as the Manchester United manager. The American owners are disappointed yet remain calm about Moyes' performance since replacing Sir Alex Ferguson at the start of the season. Even after the dire 2-0 defeat by Olympiakos in the Champions League and a title defence that has United 11 points from qualifying for next season's competition, the view is that this is a "once in a lifetime" happening.

Such is the faith in Moyes that the ambition for 2014-15 is not to finish in a Champions League position but to win a 21st domestic title.

The support Moyes enjoys from the Glazers is based on the depth and detail with which he has restructured the club. Moyes has reconfigured United's scouting system, with the 50-year-old creating a dedicated nerve-centre at Carrington that resembles the "bunker" from which he plotted player acquisition at Everton when manager.

Ferguson's was a more intuitive approach that centred on tapping into the knowledge of his chief scout, Jim Lawlor, rather than having detailed files drawn up on players.

Moyes has installed a bespoke facility that houses whiteboards, computers, high-definition screens, iPads and other state-of-the-art digital technology at United's training ground. This allows the manager easy access to data on players of all positions, ages and career trajectory from around the world, while also maintaining immediate contact with a global network of scouts.

An illustration of how the system works can been seen in Moyes' need to strengthen at centre-back, with Nemanja Vidic leaving and Rio Ferdinand's future in the balance. Scouts provide differing targets who are established players at tier-one and tier-two clubs or less heralded options of potential only.

The most important recruit to the set-up is Robbie Cooke, Moyes's chief scout at Everton, who joined last summer and reports to Lawlor. Yet as in other areas, the manager is particularly hands-on, executing duties Ferguson rowed back on during his 26-year tenure.

The Glazers have been disappointed at how Moyes's first season in charge has unfolded. The sentiment is shared by Ed Woodward, the executive vice-chairman, who had not envisaged quite how poorly United would fare. There is, though, an acceptance that a kind of perfect storm of factors have contributed to United's predicament. These include an ageing squad, deficits in central midfield and in the wide positions, plus the inevitable transition after the departure of English football's greatest manager.

Lessons have been learned from last summer and a disastrous transfer strategy. There will be greater clarity and swifter action in the market. There is a confidence that no repeat will occur of the botched attempts to sign Everton's Leighton Baines and Athletic Bilbao's Ander Herrera, or the scenario that had United scrambling to sign Marouane Fellaini on deadline day for £4m more than his £23.5m release clause.

The lists of four players, in descending order of preference, in each required position have already been drawn up. United are focused on left-back, centre-back, central midfield and in the forward department owing to doubts over the futures of Robin van Persie and Javier Hernández.

The coup of prising Juan Mata from Chelsea, a direct rival, in January was indicative of the progress Moyes – and Woodward – have made and, with the size of the transfer fund available to the manager, there is an optimism the summer will yield the big signings required.

There is also an awareness that United's profile means the club can be used as leverage by players hoping to secure better terms. Toni Kroos, the midfielder Moyes retains an interest in, is one believed to be doing so during his contract negotiations with Bayern Munich.

Beyond Vidic and Ferdinand, Patrice Evra could also depart, though both the left-back and club have an option for him to sign for another year. United also hold an option on Ferdinand, which expires in mid-May, though the Frenchman is currently more likely than the centre-back to remain.

Even if Evra does stay, Moyes will still pursue a left-back, with Southampton's Luke Shaw the No1 choice, though there is competition from Manchester City and Chelsea, who are in pole position to land him. Shaw is a Chelsea fan, with his parents living close to the club's Cobham base.

There has been no offer yet of a new deal for Ryan Giggs and there is a break clause in the five-year contract Nani signed last September.

Moyes believes Wilfried Zaha has a chance to be a long-term United player despite his occasional tardy time-keeping and his loan to Cardiff City.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/26/david-moyes-glazer-rebuild-manchester-united?CMP=twt_gu

They want to keep him because of a scouting system he's built? Clutching at straws much. Make him head scout then you twats, not manager of Manchester United.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:20 pm

Okay, clashing reports now. The Independent is saying he has the rest of the season. The betting odds have been slashed and there is no smoke without fire.

THE OFFICIAL MOYES OUT THREAD - Page 9 BhbxvmBCYAAXfYc
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 28 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 28  Next