halamadrid2
S
Forza
fatman123
Art Morte
Blue Barrett
20 posters

Go down

Draxler: Schalke blocked my move to Arsenal Empty Draxler: Schalke blocked my move to Arsenal

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:33 am

Draxler has been on Sky Germany to describe how close he was to moving to Arsenal. According to him, there was an offer on the table but Schalke wouldn't let him go.

Jan Aage Fjortoft        ✔ @JanAageFjortoft
Draxler just been on Sky saying that he could have left, had great offers, but at the end Schalke-boss Heldt said no

Jan Aage Fjortoft        ✔ @JanAageFjortoft
My view. Based on my information.

Bayern Munich managed to stop the Draxler-deal by saying "we take him in the summer".

Raphael Honigstein        ✔ @honigstein
first thing to say about Draxler is that UK media were right in the sense that there was a concrete offer from him from Arsenal

the fact that Schalke didn't go public with it at all suggests to me that they would have sold for the right price.

Bayern: have certainly looked at him, especially in the autumn, when Götze had a slow start. but I don't know of any more concrete moves

Sir Jenkinson @theEpicGooner
Draxler : ‘I want to go and had a good offer to leave. But the Schalke manager Horst Heldt said no the transfer and would not let me go.’

Interesting. A lot of Arsenal fans have been blaming Wenger for the failed move. Wasn't his fault afterall. And why on earth do Bayern want him ffs? Where would he fit in?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Draxler: Schalke blocked my move to Arsenal Empty Re: Draxler: Schalke blocked my move to Arsenal

Post by Art Morte Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:23 am

If the club don't want to sell, they don't have to. Makes sense, really, to keep him as Schalke are fighting for a CL spot and, as we know, getting into that competition is worth tens of millions itself.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Draxler: Schalke blocked my move to Arsenal Empty Re: Draxler: Schalke blocked my move to Arsenal

Post by fatman123 Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:05 am

Bayern taking even more German talent Proud

Best interests of the Bundi my ass Laughing
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:48 am

fatman123 wrote:Bayern taking even more German talent Proud

Exactly. The fact is that if you have the money, buying available players who would otherwise go to domestic or European rivals is a superb transfer strategy, even if the club doesn't actually need the player.

Remind me again who Bayern are playing in the CL? :coffee:

(and yes, I know Draxler is cup-tied, but he would be used in the EPL and give other players a chance to rest)
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:56 am

What are you complaining about ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:23 pm

Didnt even pick that up Forza, well spotted

S wrote:

What are you complaining about ?

I'm sure it was only a few seasons ago Bayern said they would stop buying players from their rivals to help strengthen the league overall (help me out here Bundi fans). Nek minnut they've got Gotze, Lewa and they're after Draxler a player who in no way they need.

fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:26 pm

didn't schalke's ceo say that wenger never put a bid in?? and the only bid they got came from a team north of them
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:05 pm

Overrated player.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:08 pm

Um, somehow I can't really take Jan Aage Fjortoft  serious there. Schalke had no need whatsoever to sell Jule in the winter, especially as the release clause is only valid in summer. And this Bayern connection was never mentioned anywhere so far but in this Twitter statement as far as I know.

Then I have seen the interview that they are talking about and Draxler specifically mentioned no club, neither do I remember he said that he had "great offers". This is more or less words put into his mouth. He said that he was flattered to hear/read [via the media] that clubs were seemingly interested in him, but also that he was flattered that Schalke valued him so greatly that they didn't allow any other clubs to talk to him as they preferred to keep him.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:12 pm

and why is it taken for granted now that evil Bayern will take the player, who is but a puppet, away from pure and innocent Arsenal?

And really, what a dick move by Schalke not to sell their best player in midseason.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:33 pm

Why exactly would Bayern need Draxler. Also there's a good chance he'll leave in the summer. I think Arsenal would be better off getting a pure striker like Costa/Martinez however.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:43 pm

Buyern lmao Laughing
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:46 pm

You know the only person who brought up Bayern was Fjörtoft's twitter? Honigstein's comment "Bayern: have certainly looked at him, especially in the autumn, when Götze had a slow start. but I don't know of any more concrete moves" actually doesn't say anything.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:01 pm

Yeah hopefully Buyern gtfo, its getting annoying now.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:12 pm

Buyern Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:37 pm

Buyern should just buy all the bundesliga stars and get it over with.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:46 pm

Thank you FC Bayern.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:20 pm

Why would Schalke sell to Buyern when they could offload him to a foreign team? Dortmund did everything they could to try to get Podolski to sign for anyone but Buyern. This wild speculation is just not reasonable.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:35 pm

Buyern dont need him unless get rid of Shaqiri.

If Schalke sell it to Bayern, would be pathetic but hey what can you do? (RVP)
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:01 pm

Summer it is then!
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:11 pm

again, he's got a clause in summer, so Schalke won't get to decide who to sell him to anyway, he can go to whichever club pays the clause and agrees terms with him.

Plus, as RWO said, the thread title is wrong, Draxler didn't say Schalke 'blocked his move to Arsenal', he said he knows there was an offer (no club name mentioned) and he was flattered that Schalke appreciate him so much they declined it without even notifying or asking him (however that expression of 'being flattered' is meant to be understood).
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:12 pm

Yeah blocked doesn't really fit here. More like there was just never an agreement in place.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:30 pm

Heldt, the sporting director, basically confirmed Draxlers story, saying there was one offer for Draxler coming in "around thursday" (so one day before the window shut), from a "club farther up north" (if he means Arsenal, that's barely a couple of kilometers lol), and the offer was "substantial, but not sufficient" for them to contemplate it, so declined it.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:07 pm

Buyernliga Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down