VendettaRed07
RedOranje
M99
Doc
Lord Spencer
che
13 posters

Go down

hull city fan video against renaming the club to hull tigers Empty hull city fan video against renaming the club to hull tigers

Post by che Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:01 pm

pretty powerful... too bad the douchebag owner will inevitably just stuff fa's pockets with enough money to make up their mind
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

hull city fan video against renaming the club to hull tigers Empty Re: hull city fan video against renaming the club to hull tigers

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:09 pm

I don't think any club has the right to change its names, colors, badges, without input from their fans. Even if those fans don't own a stake on the club, the club owes them that much for their support throughout the years.

Some rich men with deep pockets shouldn't be allowed to change the names of clubs as they want to.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

hull city fan video against renaming the club to hull tigers Empty Re: hull city fan video against renaming the club to hull tigers

Post by Doc Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:01 pm

Exactly why are they changing the name of a club? It's a stupid name (Hull Tigers, just dumb) and they really have no moral right to do it but why though?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:12 pm

Doc wrote:Exactly why are they changing the name of a club? It's a stupid name (Hull Tigers, just dumb) and they really have no moral right to do it but why though?

Better for marketing apparently.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:25 pm

The claim made by the owner is that the name "Tigers" will make the club more interesting and marketable in foreign markets... particularly in Asia.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:51 pm

That was a pretty powerful video. Sad for Hull fans if the name is changed to something they oppose..

Though l feel for the hull fans, l feel like l can understand where the owner is coming from. While Hull does have a 100 year history that is important to the fans and city, rebranding can help save teams and give them a new chance at success. Over time, some teams just can't reach the same international audience as others can.. especially as Football evolves into an international sport, with fans from all over the globe watching, there are many teams, especially in england who's ceiling of popularity is going to be limited by the name/overall branding because they just sound off to people who grew up in other countries. They'll need some sort of marketing angle to help generate funds to do whatever they can to close the financial chasm that separates them from the teams at the top. l can see in the near future a lot more lower tier teams being bought up and rebranded to help make them more attractive internationally..Especially in the bigger cities, like say London.. etc

Though the issue l think is that Hull Tigers is a crap name and won't really help anything. lf you are going to rebrand something, the local fans should have an input.. Or buy a team that perhaps has more history/international appeal to begin with
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:25 pm

Why should it matter what they're called? As long as 'Hull' is still in the name, then it's fine. I mean if someone came and changed 'Real Madrid' to 'Real Madrid lions', I'd still refer to them as Real Madrid, because that's how everyone knows them due to the history.

However I still think without input from the fans, badges and names shouldn't be changed.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:34 pm

I'd certainly be raging if Roman tried to change Chelsea to something like "Chelsea Lions"

Imagine Liverpool Birds. Arsenal Guns. Manchester Devils. Manchester Eagles. Tottenham Chickens.

Awful.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:35 pm

MT, you answered your own question. "real madrid lions".. does that sound like a damn team to you? lol
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:05 am

Blue Barrett wrote:I'd certainly be raging if Roman tried to change Chelsea to something like "Chelsea Lions"

Imagine Liverpool Birds. Arsenal Guns. Manchester Devils. Manchester Eagles. Tottenham Chickens.

Awful.

yea, as a fan of a club that will be sold in the next few months and has an animal in the badge, the thought of "valencia bats" horrifies me
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:43 am

Why do all american sport teams like to be associated with an animal though?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:01 pm

free_cat wrote:Why do all american sport teams like to be associated with an animal though?

not just animals , you also have " pirates " and other corny stuff .

i just hate those franchise names .

on the other hand, fans can be really annoying sometimes in refusing change . like the numbskulls who're still opposing a new stadium for cheslea even though it will help the teams finances .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:43 pm

che wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:I'd certainly be raging if Roman tried to change Chelsea to something like "Chelsea Lions"

Awful.

yea, as a fan of a club that will be sold in the next few months and has an animal in the badge, the thought of "valencia bats" horrifies me

Or, Valencia Vampires to attract the Twilight crowd.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:19 pm

free_cat wrote:Why do all american sport teams like to be associated with an animal though?

not necessarily animals like the guy above said, but it's the whole culture of franchises that is completely different from european football... i think it's simply because a huge number of american cities don't have professional sports teams in one sport or the other (LA has no "football" team, minnesota didn't have a hockey team until a decade ago) and the franchising model allows them to move around without attaching significant identity to the geographic location... i mean sevilla or schalke uprooting their clubs and moving somewhere else basically isn't possible because every other major city that could support a team on that level already has a team
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:44 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:Or, Valencia Vampires to attract the Twilight crowd.

Ugh....Don't even go there man.  Evil or Very Mad 
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:40 pm

FA Expected To Block Hull City Name Change

The FA is expected to tell Hull City's owners that they are not allowed to change the club's name to Hull Tigers.

Sky News understands the FA Membership Committee will recommend that the FA Council reject an application by the club's owner Assem Allam to change the name, which has been used since the club was founded in 1904.

Mr Allam wants to change the name to Hull Tigers to increase the club's commercial appeal to potential sponsors, and has described the word City as "common" and "lousy".

He has threatened to walk away from the club, which he bought and helped save from financial collapse in 2010, if his application is rejected.

The final decision will be made by the FA Council at a meeting next month, but the committee's recommendation makes it highly unlikely that Mr Allam will get his way.

It is understood that the decision to recommend the application be rejected was unanimous, and was made following a detailed report from a small working party that consulted stakeholders across the game.

The Premier League, the Football League and supporters groups including Hull fans opposed to the move were asked for their views.

Sky News understands that none of those consulted believed the club had made a persuasive case for change.

Speaking to Sky Sports News in January, Mr Allam said he would walk away "in 24 hours" if the supporters rejected his plans.

"No one on earth is allowed to question my business decisions, I won't allow it," he said.

"I'm here to save the club and manage the club for the benefit of the community - it will never, ever be the other way around - take it from me. But the community can say 'go away' and I will go within 24 hours."

In a letter to the Hull Daily Mail last week Mr Allam's son Ehab Allam restated the case for change, pointing out his family had invested £74m in the club.

"We have nothing left to give, and this is the reason why the club has to become financially self-sustainable," he wrote.

"Currently there are six teams in the Premier League with 'City' in their name, and with the exception of Manchester City, all of those clubs are in a similar league position to us, and playing to similar-sized crowds.

"We need something that makes us stand out from the pool of teams we find ourselves in when it comes to attracting potential international sponsors, who are simply hoping to use the Premier League, and its global audience, to advertise."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:35 pm

They can just get a new owner anyway if he leaves. Not like he was rich or anything? hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:56 pm

I am surprised the owners don't have the common sense to meet the fans in the middle and call it "Hull City Tigers" or something that keeps the original name.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down