Wilson37
Raptorgunner
SamuelJayC
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Liverpool v Arsenal Preview Empty Liverpool v Arsenal Preview

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:38 am

Liverpool v Arsenal, Saturday 8th February 12.45pm, Anfield, Premier League, BT Sport 1

Liverpool v Arsenal Preview Arsenal-v-Crystal-Palace-Premier-League-3106424
Oxlade-Chamberlain was outstanding against Crystal Palace

Premier League

1) Arsenal 55pts
2) Man C 53pts
3) Chelsea 53pts
4) Liverpool 47pts
-------------
5) Everton 45pts

Gunners look to continue strong Anfield form

Arsenal's Premier League form at Anfield can be parted into two sections; two wins in Arsène Wenger's first twelve visits, and then three wins in the last four visits. The exact reasoning for such a divide is unclear. What is clear is that Arsenal will move 5 points clear at the top of the division should they claim three points on Saturday. The trip to Anfield is the beginning of a well-documented mammoth month in the destiny of the Gunners' season. The two sides will meet again next weekend in the FA Cup, whilst either side of that tie at the Emirates come clashes with Manchester United and Bayern Munich. February ends with a visit from Gus Poyet's inform Sunderland.

"We did fight very hard until now to be in this position so let's just enjoy it and give our best," Wenger told reporters on Thursday morning. "I'm sure we will."

Rodgers aims to bring European nights back to Merseyside

Given the Premier League's unpredictability and strenuous schedule, it's perhaps not a surprise when a side is unable to secure several wins back-to-back, but Liverpool's inability to do just that must frustrate Brendan Rodgers immensely. This is best represented by the team's last four results. After firing five goals past Stoke at the Britannia last month, a home draw with Aston Villa followed. Then came the 4-0 demolition of Everton in the derby, before a timid display at struggling West Brom in the 1-1 draw last weekend. Slip-ups at Hull (3-1 loss) and Newcastle (2-2 despite having a man advantage) must equally annoy the Liverpool boss. Having said all of that, only Southampton and Villa have taken anything from Anfield in the current campaign, demonstrating the tough task lying ahead for Arsenal on Saturday.

Liverpool currently reside in that lucrative fourth spot. Bringing Champions League nights back to Anfield must be the aim for Rodgers.

Match Facts

* Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge have played 11 Premier League games together this season and the only team to stop them both scoring is Arsenal.

* Santi Cazorla has scored in two of his three Barclays Premier League appearances against Liverpool.

* Arsenal v Liverpool has seen five hat-tricks scored; the most trebles of any fixture in Premier League history.

* Liverpool have won just one of their last 13 Premier League games against Arsenal (W1 D7 L5) and none of the last six at Anfield (W0 D3 L3).

* Arsenal have won six and lost none of their last seven Premier League games and netted exactly two goals in each of the last five.

* The Gunners were the last team to stop Liverpool from scoring in the Premier League (Nov 2nd 2013), with the Reds netting 41 goals in their 14 games since.

* There have been four 90th minute or later goals in the last five Premier League meetings between Liverpool and Arsenal at Anfield.

* Only Arsenal (six) have conceded fewer goals on home soil than Liverpool (eight) this season in the Premier League.

* Wojciech Szczesny has kept more clean sheets than any other goalkeeper in the Premier League this season (11).

Team News

Arsenal

Wilshere (ankle) is expected to return, but Ramsey (thigh), Walcott (knee), Diaby (knee), Flamini (suspended) and Källström (back) are all unavailable.

Liverpool

Johnson (ankle), Lucas (knee), Agger (calf), Enrique (knee) and Sakho (hamstring) are all out.

Liverpool v Arsenal Preview AbGlCy4aiq

Arsenal subs: Fabiański, Vermaelen, Monreal, Wilshere, Gnabry, Podolski, Bendtner

Liverpool subs: Jones, Kelly, Allen, Ibe, Moses, Alberto, Aspas

Thumbs up

Last edited by Samuelj29060 on Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:27 am; edited 10 times in total
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Liverpool v Arsenal Preview Empty Re: Liverpool v Arsenal Preview

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:07 am

bounce 
Liverpool v Arsenal Preview BfzZRdQCUAE_3Mo
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:07 pm

Great job Sam as Always. Thumbs up 

I have a feeling this game will be one hell of a match and our most important game of the crazy scheduled. I just hope we finish our chances, and Giroud please your chance to pay back the faith Wenger has in you. Laughing 

Wenger must get the tactics rights, we must put Liverpool under pressure by attacking and pressing constantly. The team must show up first half, we cant sleep half of the games.

Both teams have injury problems but I feel Rosicky is the player that can change the game, I would start him since he is direct and improves our tempo plus he is great at keeping possession and great tackles.

This wont be easy and a point wont be bad but I hope we take all 3 points since Liverpool will go all out and try to get 3 points and should be a open game.
--------------Szczesny-----------------
Sagna-----Mert-------Kos--------Gibbs
----------Arteta-----Wilshere----------
Rosicky---------Ozil------------Cazorla
---------------Giroud-----------------
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:33 pm

great preview Sam..
i expect it to be a very entertaining game.. in our home match we played a high pressing game and destroyed them completely..
but i expect Liverpool to be better in attack with a settled lineup including Gerrard, Coutinho and Sterling now.. doubt whether we can keep them quiet.. we will be in great trouble if we concede first..
our attack is too one dimensional without pace and width.. fortunately their defense is not that good and we can surely outscore them if we take our chances..
feel that we should play Ox in one of the wings and utilise his pace and dribbling skills.. Cazorla or Rosicky may start at the other wing.. expecting Ozil to initiate and make play more like a CAM, like he did last game..
Sczeny
Sagna--Met--Kos--Gibbs
Arteta--Wilshere/Rosicky
Ox/Rosicky--Ozil--Cazorla/Podolski
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:39 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Great job Sam as Always. Thumbs up 

I have a feeling this game will be one hell of a match and our most important game of the crazy scheduled. I just hope we finish our chances, and Giroud please your chance to pay back the faith Wenger has in you. Laughing 

Wenger must get the tactics rights, we must put Liverpool under pressure by attacking and pressing constantly. The team must show up first half, we cant sleep half of the games.

Both teams have injury problems but I feel Rosicky is the player that can change the game, I would start him since he is direct and improves our tempo plus he is great at keeping possession and great tackles.

This wont be easy and a point wont be bad but I hope we take all 3 points since Liverpool will go all out and try to get 3 points and should be a open game.
--------------Szczesny-----------------
Sagna-----Mert-------Kos--------Gibbs
----------Arteta-----Wilshere----------
Rosicky---------Ozil------------Cazorla
---------------Giroud-----------------

We're Liverpool bogey team, every time we visited Anfield recently, they went all out, desperately trying to score and eventually got exposed. If they play the same game, I'm actually ok with it. Park some bus, control tempo 1st half, keep a draw ( a goal would be better no doubt) then go for opportunities in 2nd half since we have been playing better in 2nd half.

If they keep the same tactic as the game versus Everton though, things will be more difficult. Just can't gung ho and high line, SAS is deadly, our back four need to be on their A game. Rosicky is a must starter this game, his energy and constant running will be great to pin Cissokho, Skrtel and Toure down.

It will be interesting game, BR made mistake at Emirate, lets see if he corrects it this time.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:52 pm

Some one wrote this on RAWK.
Remember to tell Suarez, no biting. That Koscielny fella has long swan neck and the veins are right there for a juicy bite. No, luis, just no.
 rofl rofl 
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:57 pm

Twoism wrote:
We're Liverpool bogey team, every time we visited Anfield recently, they went all out, desperately trying to score and eventually got exposed. If they play the same game, I'm actually ok with it. Park some bus, control tempo 1st half, keep a draw ( a goal would be better no doubt) then go for opportunities in 2nd half since we have been playing better in 2nd half.

If they keep the same tactic as the game versus Everton though, things will be more difficult. Just can't gung ho and high line, SAS is deadly, our back four need to be on their A game. Rosicky is a must starter this game, his energy and constant running will be great to pin Cissokho, Skrtel and Toure down.

It will be interesting game, BR made mistake at Emirate, lets see if he corrects it this time.

I did not watch the game vs Everton, but not mater what tactics Liverpool use against Everton at home they usually beat them with no problems. Shocked Liverpool is our second home, if the game is still tied by second half, I can see Podolski coming in and scoring few goals. eco smile

One thing worries me is that Suarez diving and getting penalties. I just hope the refs dont fell for his usual embarrassing dives :facepalm: 
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:27 am

5AM kick off for me Sad

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:45 am

After Monreal starting the previous few matches, why you all seem to be sure Gibbs is starting this one? Not that I think it's going to be a major factor, Gibbs is just in my fantasy team..

Please be kind to our defenders. And Gerrard, too, don't run rings around him just for fun, okay? And let Suarez and Sturridge have the ball occasionally, kthnxbye!
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:09 am

We'll be slaughtered if we play a Hendo-Gerrard midfield.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:24 am

Monreal started games where we needed our fullbacks to attack (he's very good in attack and ok defensively) while Gibbs is very good defensively and ok offensively. Hence starting Gibbs makes more sense in a big game away from home.

I can't imagine Wenger starting Monreal in another big match away from home when Gibbs is available.

I hope to see:

Szczesny
Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Arteta Chamberlain
Rosicky Özil Cazorla
Giroud

Or Wilshere for Chambo if he is 100% fit, and I really mean 100% not "fit" like against Man Utd last season.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:08 am

I think Allen will definitely play for us. Coutinho will probably be sacrificed since Sterling is in the form of his life.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:20 am

Am I the only one happy that Flamini is suspended for this one?

I think I would gouge my eyes out if I have to watch Farteta again, ffs.

Anyway, I am off on a hike tomorrow and missing the match. I think it's good for my heart. Kthxbai.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:58 am

Great work Sam

Hope our recent record at Anfield continues Razz

Would go with the same line up as well
another Big game start for Rozza

Gerrard deep in midfield,should find space either side if him
Spoiler:

field as many midfielders should have stronger start to this one compared to recent matches

Gibbs is better option for these type of matches and if sharp enough should deal with Sterling

against Everton ,Stones at right back played even more attack minded role than Baines and left good space for stturidge in Behind

in home game both Suarez and Studge stayed high and wide and created big gap between our CB's best summarized by that moment Henderson made a free run down the middle

so based on recent matches it should be Cou in more advanced so Cm with Suarez and Stturidge swapping left and center

need our back 5 on top of their games
Arteta was excellent in 2-0 win over them
Spoiler:

Kolo is no stranger to these weird moments we best take advantage
Spoiler:

in Before he scores :I'mveryunoriginal:

lets do this
COYG
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:52 am

The game will be wide open which will suit Arsenal, god how I wish Theo was not injured. Sad 

Villa had a good game against them, I think we could match that.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:04 am

What a pic? Very Happy  Giroud showing his skills and hold up play. Shocked 

Liverpool v Arsenal Preview Gun__1391778843_giroud_train

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:05 am

Gibbs should start and not Monreal.

I'm kind of nervous for this one. If the game can just pan out as it did at the Emirates earlier this season, I'd be so thrilled. But it won't! I just know it won't.

We just need to win this match. I don't care how, or by how many goals. Not even a draw will be good enough. This is the time to show our true grit and show that we mean business, and that we're in it to win it!

C'mon Arsenal!!!
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:07 am

Raptorgunner wrote:What a pic? Very Happy  Giroud showing his skills and hold up play. Shocked 

Liverpool v Arsenal Preview Gun__1391778843_giroud_train
Arsenal striker, Olivier Giroud, attempts the first ever kick of a football in world history. :bow:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:10 am

I am just wondering how do teams travel to other cities in UK, by bus or Plane?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:26 am

Both, Bus and chartered flights.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:34 am

Thanks RG, I always wanted to ask that but never got the chance.
----------------------

Giroud: I’m no Suarez, but I want to be remembered

“I understand that Arsenal fans want a big name, but I try to stay calm, to take it easy and concentrate on my job, train well, and repay the confidence of the boss.
 Laughing 

“I know I’m not a player on the same level as someone like Suarez – because he’s been amazing this season – but I know I can improve again. That’s why I’m quite confident of my future here"
 :fishing: 

“This isn’t a time to doubt myself. Sometimes a striker won’t score for a month or two. It happens to every striker. But you’ve always got to believe in your quality and remember that people trust you. I feel really good here and I really want to win something with this club.”

“I said something earlier in the season to a French newspaper and they made a big thing of it with the headline ‘Legend!’ I didn’t mean I wanted to become a legend at Arsenal, more that I want to make a mark in Arsenal’s history. I don’t want to come across as arrogant, saying I want to be the best ever. I just want to be remembered here.”

You got to start Saturday Big G. Clubber 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10624478/Arsenals-Olivier-Giroud-tells-his-predecessor-Alan-Smith-how-he-wants-to-be-remembered-at-the-Emirates.html
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:55 am

Massive game. As always

I don't believe in stats like an unbeaten streak. It's all in the mind. Nothing is eternal. We can lose tomorrow at Anfield and Mertesacker-Koscielny stat can be finished as well. It happens. Like it has in the past.

There is no point going in there thinking we always do well. That's poverty thinking. It's a big match. Another one to test our title credentials. We will give our best without a doubt. Expecting big performances from every single player.

In terms of tactics. Need to stop Suarez and Sturridge. But there are other threats as well in Sterling and Gerrard. Best way to deal with all of it is to dominate the ball. Our midfield is better and we should take full advantage of that. Creating chances won't be a problem but finishing them will be crucial. 1st goal is always the key.

I hope Wilshere starts. But Arsene might not risk him because of United in 3 days. Wilshere was in incredible form before his injury. Outperforming Ozil even. Up to Arsene though. Oxlade-Arteta have momentum with them so won't be surprised if they both start again. at RW, it will be Rosicky if Oxlade starts in CM, if not then Oxlade at RW. Can't see Podolski starting. Will be better as a sub.

Let's see what happens.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:55 am

Alright Gooners here ya go, we have a great poster on rawk who posts weekly motd highlights from previous seasons against our weekly opponents on his website. Thought you might want to watch some of them.

2010/11

AFC 1-1 LFC | 2011 Apr.
http://motd.lfc.vn/arsenal-liverpool-sd-s11-w33/

2011/12

AFC 0-2 LFC | 2011 Aug.
http://motd.lfc.vn/arsenal-liverpool-sd-s12-w02/

LFC 1-2 AFC | 2012 Mar.
http://motd.lfc.vn/liverpool-arsenal-hd-s12-w27/

Can't believe we lost this one ffs. Utterly destroyed you that match and still lost.

2012/13

LFC 0-2 AFC | 2012 Sep.
http://motd.lfc.vn/liverpool-arsenal-hd-s13-w03/

AFC 2-2 LFC | 2013 Jan.
http://motd.lfc.vn/arsenal-liverpool-hd-s13-w24/

2013/14

AFC 2-0 LFC | 2013 Nov.
http://motd.lfc.vn/arsenal-liverpool-hd-s14-w10/
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:17 am

McAgger wrote:Alright Gooners here ya go, we have a great poster on rawk who posts weekly motd highlights from previous seasons against our weekly opponents on his website. Thought you might want to watch some of them.

2010/11

AFC 1-1 LFC | 2011 Apr.
http://motd.lfc.vn/arsenal-liverpool-sd-s11-w33/

2011/12

AFC 0-2 LFC | 2011 Aug.
http://motd.lfc.vn/arsenal-liverpool-sd-s12-w02/

LFC 1-2 AFC | 2012 Mar.
http://motd.lfc.vn/liverpool-arsenal-hd-s12-w27/

Can't believe we lost this one ffs. Utterly destroyed you that match and still lost.

2012/13

LFC 0-2 AFC | 2012 Sep.
http://motd.lfc.vn/liverpool-arsenal-hd-s13-w03/

AFC 2-2 LFC | 2013 Jan.
http://motd.lfc.vn/arsenal-liverpool-hd-s13-w24/

2013/14

AFC 2-0 LFC | 2013 Nov.
http://motd.lfc.vn/arsenal-liverpool-hd-s14-w10/

Some great memories. Sad Thumbs up 
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:40 am

RealGunner wrote:Both, Bus and chartered flights.

RG, one more question for tomorrows game, does the team leave today or tomorrow morning?

How long drive is it from London to Liverpool?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next