iftikhar
RealGunner
RED
Lex
Art Morte
80 posters

Page 2 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next

Go down

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V7 - Page 2 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V7

Post by Lex Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:46 pm

Not forgetting the blatant pen we should have had when Giroud skinned Vidic and Vidic had to Clothesline from Hell him to stop him scoring

Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V7 - Page 2 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V7

Post by The_Badger Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:50 pm

The first couple of minutes of the Ars vs. MU match looked promising. Then it went downhill.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:52 pm

great win for spurs .

the andré fraudas flopas era is only a dark memory at this point.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:56 pm

The gift that keeps on giving.

https://vine.co/v/M7u7v6YVeHE
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:56 pm

Lex United had the clearer chances to win the match, the only Arsenal legit chance was the header off the line. We had maybe 2 guilt edge chances that RVP should have buried. Other than that it was an even, dull match between 2 teams scared of losing.

Just lucky for you lot we have such a negative manager who didn't take the initiative to change things in our favour. He was just happy to defend a point.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:58 pm

Who wants to win the league?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:58 pm

What about the Vidic lariat on Giroud? Stone cold pen right there, bud
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:00 pm

The description of the thread title rofl
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:07 pm

Holy shit, I cannot believe we won that game. MAKE US DREAM BRENDAN :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:16 pm

If you can't defend, Outscore them Proud
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:31 pm

It was freaking close, but we got the penalty goal to beat the last-place team Proud

In other Newscastles, they lost 0 - 4 at home this time... Have scored in one game in their last eight. How sad is that?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:34 pm

Giroud criticism is utter hyperbole as you cannot ignore the drop of form caused by his fatigue and natural causes. It is not deserved.

Arteta is not done either, considering Wilshere is defensively atrocious and fails to protect in a system that leaves him open, Arsenal's lack of tracking back also costing his position.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:37 pm

Arquitescu wrote:Giroud criticism is utter hyperbole as you cannot ignore the drop of form caused by his fatigue and natural causes. It is not deserved.
When was he on form? I must have missed that match...
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:38 pm

danyjr wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:Giroud criticism is utter hyperbole as you cannot ignore the drop of form caused by his fatigue and natural causes. It is not deserved.
When was he on form? I must have missed that match...

You mean you must have missed the beginning of the season in which Giroud was in scintillating form in the Champions League and the Premiership.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:39 pm

Disappointed in the way we played, it was quite the negative setup. That's Moyes for you, I guess.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:40 pm

It is deserved. Arsenal have their best chance in years to challenge for the title and are dependant up front on Giroud - like (I think it was) Sportczy said, Arsenal paid £10m for him to bring him in from France. And you have to get quite lucky to get a truly good striker for that amount. Arsenal have some fantastic option in midfield and behind the striker, but the main striker isn't helping the formula. Im not saying he is bad, but I, too, would be frustrated with him if I was an Arsenal fan.

The reasons "fatigue and natural causes", I don't know could you be more vague than that as fatigue should be no issue what so ever for Girourd's role and what you mean by natural causes completely escapes my understanding.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:41 pm

M99 wrote:The gift that keeps on giving.

the gift that keeps on giving

https://vine.co/v/M7uK7I30qgm
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:43 pm

Arquitescu wrote:You mean you must have missed the beginning of the season in which Giroud was in scintillating form in the Champions League and the Premiership.
Scintillating form rofl

Dem couple of matches he scored against scub teams :bow:
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:43 pm

McAgger wrote:
M99 wrote:The gift that keeps on giving.

the gift that keeps on giving

https://vine.co/v/M7uK7I30qgm

Really, I'm starting to believe Toure's been hired by an outside party to damage us as much as possible and he was hoping for a red card there.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:47 pm

Art Morte wrote:

It is deserved. Arsenal have their best chance in years to challenge for the title and are dependant up front on Giroud - like (I think it was) Sportczy said, Arsenal paid £10m for him to bring him in from France. And you have to get quite lucky to get a truly good striker for that amount. Arsenal have some fantastic option in midfield and behind the striker, but the main striker isn't helping the formula. Im not saying he is bad, but I, too, would be frustrated with him if I was an Arsenal fan.

The reasons "fatigue and natural causes", I don't know could you be more vague than that as fatigue should be no issue what so ever for Girourd's role and what you mean by natural causes completely escapes my understanding.

It is scapegoating because Arsenal fans conveniently are ignoring the bevy of problems regarding their tactics e.g playing wide playmakers in a 4-2-3-1 which predictably has the play centre down into one amalgamation of predictability. Giroud will be unable to score if he is being used as a striker that he is not. The complete lack of pace within Arsenal in which players do not run off of Giroud vis-a-vis him running off his widemen will not have him afforded the designated play that would suit him.

Fatigue-Simply because he has been overplayed, a man of his size should not play so many games especially when there have been ample chances to sub him in or start other options.

Natural causes-Strikers have periods of form dropping, vis-a-vis a natural cause for confidence strikers in his form.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:01 pm

Arquitescu wrote:
Art Morte wrote:

It is scapegoating because Arsenal fans conveniently are ignoring the bevy of problems regarding their tactics e.g playing wide playmakers in a 4-2-3-1 which predictably has the play centre down into one amalgamation of predictability. Giroud will be unable to score if he is being used as a striker that he is not. The complete lack of pace within Arsenal in which players do not run off of Giroud vis-a-vis him running off his widemen will not have him afforded the designated play that would suit him.

Fatigue-Simply because he has been overplayed, a man of his size should not play so many games especially when there have been ample chances to sub him in or start other options.

Natural causes-Strikers have periods of form dropping, vis-a-vis a natural cause for confidence strikers in his form.

A better striker would compliment his AMs better than Giroud is going at the moment. You ask him to take more than two touches in a play and you just know it's not going to result in anything special. He can finish off chances all right, but offers too little otherwise.

A man of his size suffering from fatigue? We're not talking about a heavy weight boxer here, we're just asking him to show something else than poaching and one-touch abilities. Not coming off for him. Fatigue is no issue as he has never been known neither for his pace nor relentless work-rate.

Natural causes as in periods of form dropping, well, I guess that one is certainly happening, then. Nature corrects itself, though, and Giroud isn't showing signs of that. Although I'm sure he'll capitalise on some good play by Arsenal's other players sooner or later. As I said, he's not bad, but isn't looking good enough, either.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:07 pm

Art Morte wrote:A man of his size suffering from fatigue? We're not talking about a heavy weight boxer here, we're just asking him to show something else than poaching and one-touch abilities. Not coming off for him. Fatigue is no issue as he has never been known neither for his pace nor relentless work-rate.
Art, a heavyweight boxer will have one match, then have months to recuperate after. Giroud is 6"4' and (usually) plays 90 minutes of football every week, sometimes twice a week, and has been doing so since the season started. Not known for his work-rate? That's the one aspect of his game he doesn't get stick for Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:10 pm

Lex wrote:
Art Morte wrote:A man of his size suffering from fatigue? We're not talking about a heavy weight boxer here, we're just asking him to show something else than poaching and one-touch abilities. Not coming off for him. Fatigue is no issue as he has never been known neither for his pace nor relentless work-rate.
Art, a heavyweight boxer will have one match, then have months to recuperate after. Giroud is 6"4' and (usually) plays 90 minutes of football every week, sometimes twice a week, and has been doing so since the season started. Not known for his work-rate? That's the one aspect of his game he doesn't get stick for Laughing

So you're willing to let him off the hook through that fatigue argument? Talk about going on soft on one of your players...
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:12 pm

Not at all, but at the same time, you can't not entertain the idea that his dip in performance might be down to fatigue
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:42 pm

Newcastle are in free fall. I wouldn't be surprised if they lose every match till the end of the season- it's that bad.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:44 pm

No Cabaye, no party.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next