terrance511
The_Badger
Red Alert
Valkyrja
futbol
43 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Gerard Piquenbauer Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Gerard Piquenbauer Appreciation Thread

Post by Zealous Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:22 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:

Messi has the right to lose that hunger, as he has been in top for many years.

Pique never was the top CB at any given time, and shouldn't stop thinking he is bigger than the game. Messi earned that right, pique did not.

Pique won alot more than Messi. He could retire today and say he's won everything he's supposed to win, everything he can win.

Anyway, watch the effect Ramos will have on him in the summer.

lol wut

Messi besides winning with Barca has also been recognized as one of the greatest players ever.

It is not about winning. Nesta didn't win as much as Pique but will still be leauges ahead of him in defenders lists.

You're not wrong but I have a feeling Pique would disagree with you hmm

Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Gerard Piquenbauer Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Gerard Piquenbauer Appreciation Thread

Post by Le Samourai Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:26 pm

In which Galaxy is Pique going to be labelled the best player in the world? That's not a realistic target.

I never said it was about winning (though, it somewhat is). What I'm saying is, looking forward, what are Pique's goals here? It's tough to see what exactly motivates him here.

I watched you guys earlier this season, when I had time, and thought he was your best defender. Not exactly a huge accomplishment, but he's surrounded by a really dysfunctional defence and a team that's the worse overall defensively that's he's ever played on. I thought he was doing well.

That was a while ago, I don't know what's happened since, but at the very least I understand it.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:30 pm

Le Samourai wrote:In which Galaxy is Pique going to be labelled the best player in the world? That's not a realistic target.

I never said it was about winning (though, it somewhat is). What I'm saying is, looking forward, what are Pique's goals here? It's tough to see what exactly motivates him here.

I watched you guys earlier this season, when I had time, and thought he was your best defender. Not exactly a huge accomplishment, but he's surrounded by a really dysfunctional defence and a team that's the worse overall defensively that's he's ever played on. I thought he was doing well.

That was a while ago, I don't know what's happened since, but at the very least I understand it.

Well he's not exactly playing for free now is he?
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:39 pm

Le Samourai wrote:In which Galaxy is Pique going to be labelled the best player in the world? That's not a realistic target.

Same, i only watched a handful of games this season but in every game i did watch this is what i saw.

I hear guys saying Busquets has been inconsistent this season and story is the same he's looked good when i saw him.

I must pick them well Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:43 pm

Pique against Manchester City was a freakin' beast... but then that's only one of the very few Barcelona games I've watched this season.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:00 pm

I saw a few games this season and in a couple of them they were indeed very weak at the back, but at the same time I have to say the amount of energy with which our Barca friends on here like to tear into their players after what everyone would call a decent enough performance is pretty unique.

Oh well, they have high standards...
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:06 pm

He was awesome and one of the very best during Pep era, thats for sure. He dropped his level and up and down a bit for a while. But yesterday was bad.

Still, I guess its fair to drop him if we have good enough back up, which is good for players, to let them know there are consequences for not performing. Too bad Barca just dont have enough CBs to allow this it seems Lol!

But as the topic its a bit exagerration. Pique and Ramos are Spain;s first choice CBs  Laughing 
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:08 pm

The_Badger wrote:No, he's no where near as shit as Carragher was.

This, Loool!
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:09 pm

It's not ability, it's his mental fortitude. He bosses big games but doesn't take the small ones with the correct amount of focus, so he sucks against them. Having Puyol next to him helped him marvels because he's the kind of guy that always treats the next match as the last and has no problem letting others know if they're doing a bad job. With Montoya and Barta to his side, who are younger than him, this does not happen. Thus, Pique's inconsistency. Needs to be surrounded with positive influences.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:13 pm

I agree with what a lot of the others said. Its a combination of factors like players around him, Shakira maybe, lots of hunger, Tata's tactics maybe, and of cos himself, etc.

The SOLUTION as we all know though, is for Barca management to FKING BUY A CB. Whether thats to partner him, replace him, or just general influence on that back line even if just to give them competition for the spots.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:12 pm

Pique getting DEM pitty points in this thread from Madrid fans. Proud That's how low he has fallen. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:18 pm

Fußball wrote:Pique getting DEM pitty points in this thread from Madrid fans. Proud That's how low he has fallen. Proud

rofl tbh LeSamourai defends anything spanish (with reasons mind you)

watch Barcas defence still be bad now that he is injured
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:22 pm

How long you been a Barca fan, 5 years? He isnt even the worst ever Barca defender to start consistently.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:25 pm

Zealous wrote:Surprised Franchise hasn't posted yet about he how feels outraged that was Ramos praised in this thread lol.

As far as I can read, this thread is about Pique and not Ramos. Someone make a thread about Ramos and praise him in there, then I will say my opinion (again) on him.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:30 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:

watch Barcas defence still be bad now that he is injured

Of course it will still be bad. Pique being better than Fartra and ancient Puyol with *bleep*ed knees means feck all. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:38 pm

He lacks focus at times and I think the absence of quality competition in the Barca defence has seen him become a bit complacent, but he's certainly one of the more gifted defenders of his generation.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:41 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Zealous wrote:Surprised Franchise hasn't posted yet about he how feels outraged that was Ramos praised in this thread lol.

As far as I can read, this thread is about Pique and not Ramos. Someone make a thread about Ramos and praise him in there, then I will say my opinion (again) on him.

Fusball made a comment about Ramos's athleticism and how it helps his game. I was joking anyway lol

Please carry on.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:46 pm

He is right, Ramos athletic abiilty bails him out when (quite often) his lack of actual defensive reading fails him. Pique cant do that.

Probably why Ramos is worse in big games, you cant bail yourself athletically against some of the best in the world.

On the flip side, Pique actually has to think about what he is doing against the best players because he knows he will get owned. Which is probably why he is better than usual in the big games, sometimes.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:58 pm

I have had my doubts, but also deep down I felt for Pique not playing with a proper back line and with our team pressuring gone down to shits it even makes us more invulnerable. I agree with Mole perhaps if we took Pique out of the picture and put another defender in they probably wouldn't be any better with that back line. As BC said Pique is inconsistent at times and plays like training match against some less competitive teams that actually have hurt us.

The thing I don't really like about him is that he should be the leader in the back and actually making sure the others are doing there job, but he doesn't.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:09 pm

who is worse at the moment, Dawson or Pique  What a Face 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:45 pm

He needs Puyol next to him, screaming at him and slapping him to make sure he's paying attention

I remember one time I heard Puyol was screaming his name and Pique was like what? and Puyol was like just making sure you're awake  rofl rofl 
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:52 pm

He's actually good when playing alongside Ramos  :coffee: 
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:55 pm

Probably because they rival each other and he doesn't want to get an earfull of Ramos yelling.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:00 pm

Valkyrja wrote:He's actually good when playing alongside Ramos  :coffee: 

Against Brazil we have seen that. Coming world cup we will see what happen.

Spain gonna concede lots of goals specially against Brazil, Argentina, Germany etc. No more prime Xavi to play possession game anymore , Ramos-Pique will expose. :coffee: 

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:26 pm

Arbeloa was the one that got exposed vs Brazil. If VDB has a brain Arbeloa will be on the bench this summer
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:30 pm

If he had a brain Arbeloa wouldn't even be in the 23-man squad at all.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next