Curtinho
BusterLfc
iftikhar
26 posters

Page 27 of 43 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 35 ... 43  Next

Go down

Summer of 2014 - Page 27 Empty Re: Summer of 2014

Post by Art Morte Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:59 am

I know this is a party pooper thing to say, but we've been posting £40m+ losses for three years in a row and now apparently going to spend £70m in one summer without any meaningful sales. That's umm, well... It would seem highly dangerous to me, but FSG seem to know what they are doing with the finances, I mean, funding our losses with debt, but it's mostly debt to them, not the club, so it's not burdening our finances directly.

I'm obviously happy that our owners have the desire and financial muscle to back us up big, but the losses we've been posting coupled with the spending we're now planning does arise a small counter-reaction in me too. That's just my nature, I suppose.

What I'm also keen on seeing is how our finances shall pass UEFA's Financial Fair Play test when that time comes round again.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:41 am

BeautifulGame wrote:
iftikhar wrote:22 million (and rising) for Moreno is bad business, IMHO. I said before that we may need to pay over the odds sometimes, but I think we over paid too much. BTW, we didn't hear any worthy rumors about Plan B for Moreno.

We should go for Plan B for Lallana right now. We are wasting time and might end up wasting money as well.

Our plan B for missing out on Morano was Ryan Bertrand . There was a big and cho article about that few days back.We should just be thankful that we seem closing in on plan A lot

As for your 18 mil fee , United d are preparing for o pay 30mil for shaw , PSG paid 50 mil for David Luiz , Chelsea want to pay 26 mil for Luiz Fillipe. We ourselves paid 16 mil for Sakho in his last year of contract.Not to forget the fees paid for the likes of Alves or Contrao or even Johnson few years back.

For an attacking fullback this seems a reasonable fee IMO. Not a bargain but a bad bit of business as well in this inflated market

Every player you mentioned wasn't a one season wonder, though.

Moreno can go either way. He was a nobody last season... one good season and his price inflated to no end. Massive massive risk.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:54 am

@ Art:

60m+ from new PL TV deal, as well as CL cash. We also received 50 odd mil iirc for finishing second.

Sales will also be included in our budget.

McAgger wrote:
Natalie Portman wrote:Did I just read someone say Wisdom >> Flanno ?? wtfisthis.jpg

Tell you what, as long as we sell GJ, it's a successful summer in my eyes. He's so utterly terrible and not passionate, it's his lack of effort and focus that annoys me, as opposed to his lack of ability.

RedAlert the resident Gil-Forrest-Gump of the Pool section. Laughing

No wonder RedO didn't bother with this section for months. Some of the reaction and posts here are absolutely atrocious.

Which posts are "absolutely atrocious"? Post them up, let's go. Laughing

Can't believe this is coming from the two most short-sighted people I've witnessed on this whole forum.

You people had Spearing as one of the best PL midfielders a couple years ago, Shelvey as the brightest talent before you wanted to throw him under the bus, (and still believe Luis Alberto is better), Kolo Toure went from top to flop after a couple of mistakes in the space of 2 weeks (and I'm apparently getting the blame for the "knee jerk" in here), were 3/4 ready to throw Sterling out of the club for not being good enough...

Shall I go on? I really can go on. Laughing
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:20 pm

Even Lallana, Lambert, Coutinho etc were nobodies when they were signed by us :O
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:26 pm

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9336249/transfer-news-sevilla-confirm-liverpool-interest-in-alberto-moreno

They want to sell outside the market ie Spain, Thats a bonus for us. But this is also valid to Rakitic probably. We should go in for him instead of Lallana imo
------

MARCA say that Sevilla's president & sporting director were set to fly out to Liverpool to finalise the Moreno deal but #LFC postponed it. They will fly this week and Moreno on a holiday will come and do his medical.

Estadio Deportivo say Moreno booked in for a medical on either Wednesday or Thursday.
------------

Enrique Rosado (Alberto's rep.): "Alberto likes the possibility of Málaga. We're negotiating with several clubs, including Málaga."

Good news.

------------

Tony Evans @TonyEvansTimes  ·  13h

LFC will sign Lallana. Unless something amazing happens. So there

lulz

--------------

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-transfer-gossip-reds-7207545

Metro says we are in for Aurier.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:42 pm

Red Alert wrote:
Which posts are "absolutely atrocious"? Post them up, let's go. Laughing

Can't believe this is coming from the two most short-sighted people I've witnessed on this whole forum.

You people had Spearing as one of the best PL midfielders a couple years ago, Shelvey as the brightest talent before you wanted to throw him under the bus, (and still believe Luis Alberto is better), Kolo Toure went from top to flop after a couple of mistakes in the space of 2 weeks (and I'm apparently getting the blame for the "knee jerk" in here), were 3/4 ready to throw Sterling out of the club for not being good enough...

Shall I go on? I really can go on. Laughing

I also built the Great Wall of China and swam across the pacific.

Are we playing the 'let's make things up' game?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:51 pm

McAgger wrote:Shaqiri as an alternative to Lallana makes zero sense as they aren't even the same type of player. Feels like last summer where we were jumping from Mickey to Costa to Willian.

I really think the journos have got that wrong.

..and Milner is the alternative to Shaqiri. Laughing
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:53 pm

I like Milner, Would be an amazing squad player for 15m but probably wont come for less than 25.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:03 pm

Nah Milner wouldn't add anything that Hendo, Coutinho, Allen, Gerrard and possibly Lallana can't already provide.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:09 pm

Forget the transfer fee, Milner would demand absurd wages for a squad player.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:20 pm

City has ruled out the possibility of selling Milner due to homegrown constraints in CL squad.

Also he only has a year remaining.Rejected a new deal apparently so most likely will sign as free agent for someone (Like QPR/West ham) for hefty signing on fee.

Milner wants to leave city for regular first team football so wont sign for us where he will again be a backup player.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:58 pm

Rickie Lambert's arrival at Liverpool will not force Fabio Borini out of Liverpool, according to the Italian's agent.

The former Southampton striker was confirmed as Brendan Rodgers' first signing of the summer on Monday as the Reds' boss aims to sufficiently bolster his squad ahead of the club's return to the Champions League next season.

But the addition of another striker has cast doubt on the future of Borini, who has just returned to Anfield following an excellent loan spell with Sunderland.

Rodgers, who brought the Italian to Merseyside having previously worked with him at Swansea City and Chelsea, has indicated the 23-year-old will remain a part of his squad next season and the striker's agent Marco De Marchi has echoed those sentiments, insisting his client is not looking for a move.
"Does Lambert's arrival close the door on Fabio Borini? No, I don't think so," Marchi told Tutto Mercato Web. "We have received no communications in that regard.

"In this last season, Fabio gave a considerable contribution towards keeping Sunderland up. He was praised by everyone, especially be the Liverpool manager Rodgers.

"So, after his holidays he will go back to Liverpool to prepare for the new season wearing the shirt of this historic club.

"He wants to compete with everyone and be an extra resource for the coach and the team. Borini could be of use to any team, but no one has contacted us and his desire is to show what he has got at Liverpool."

With a forward line of Luis Suarez, Daniel Sturridge, Lambert and Borini, Liverpool are expected to focus on other areas of their squad over the course of the summer.

The club are reportedly close for sealing a deal for Sevilla full back Alberto Moreno worth in the region of €22m, while their pursuit of Adam Lallana may be on hold after Southampton released a statement insisting they will avoid transfer negotiations until they name a new manager.

Barrett also said few days back Borini is NOT surplus to requirements .
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:24 pm

Everyone and even dogs of their mothers know that Ayre is a noob in transfer market and poeple just bully us around.

Milner, dont want him. If we dont get Lallana/Shaqiri/.... , we might come back to Kono unless someone suddenly becomes available. But I would like us to go for Firmino of Hoffenheim, he has both goals and assists in him. He certainly seems to have a higher ceiling and have a feeling that in this or next window, some big club would come for him. Although this was his first season he was successful (16 goals and 11 assists), previously also he was putting decent numbers (when he was 20 and 21). Also he has habit of performing brilliantly in big games, he has scored against all the big teams in this season, I guess. He would come on cheap too, max should be 20m€. But he is a different player to Lallana.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:56 pm

mr-r34 wrote:Besides youtube has anyone watched Moreno play? 22mil and rising for a young LB is a lot of money.
20m (euros) and rising to 22m with add-ons.

stevieg8 wrote:I see the Lallana vs. Shaqiri going on with a lot of LFC fans, but haven't heard anything from rumor mills saying we have solid interest there aside from a run-of-the-mill quote (aka crap paper talk) from an interview with the player.

Is there any indication that (a) we're interested and (b) would have a chance to sign him?  Have we seen any serious sources reporting the 15m fee we've seen tossed around here?   I can't help but feel people are getting themselves excited over something that's not a real possibility again.
The Liverpool Echo, Telegraph, Guardian, and Times (all fairly reliable as papers go) have reported that Shaqiri is our primary back-up to Lallana in the window.

BeautifulGame wrote:No fee has been mentioned for Shaqiri and doubt Bayern will let him go for anything less than 25 mil themselves.

But yes all credible journos (Echo Times Guardian even BBC I.e. Bensimith) have confirmed Shaqiri is our alternative to Lallana.So definitely more than paper talk.

Also Kicker has confirmed we have already made enquires for Shaquri few days back IIRC.
The fee quoted for Shaqiri by most sources is £14-16m. Whether that's accurate or not I have no idea, but that's the price that's been appearing in multiple reports.

McAgger wrote:Shaqiri as an alternative to Lallana makes zero sense as they aren't even the same type of player. Feels like last summer where we were jumping from Mickey to Costa to Willian.

I really think the journos have got that wrong.
I've already addressed this. Lallana and Shaqiri are both relatively two-footed players who started on the wings but have since come to be used across the pitch in the area between the strikers and midfield, providing both creativity and a goal threat from the attacking midfield area. They're a lot more similar than people seem to believe.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:07 am

Summer of 2014 - Page 27 BpOYYFRIUAEBk81

On twitter: the kid asked if you will sign for Liverpool, he said 'I hope so' hmm

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:09 pm

Summer of 2014 - Page 27 BpQlLEhCIAEO2SW

cheers hold on, he is coming home... tu tu tu du, ta ta ta da

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:35 pm

English please. Smile
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:40 pm

oh sorry, there is only one line where he says 'he wants to Play in English and he does not want to experience/live like this one more year'...so if we make a bid for him and distract him, he might ask Bayern to let him go

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:57 pm

Real Madrid have made an offer for Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Emre Can. [Radio Marca]

While English newspapers and the Bild have decided upon Can joining Liverpool for 9.75m pounds.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:58 pm

Also always expected clubs to come in for Suarez every window. Lets see till when can we hold on too him.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:08 pm

Can's Agent trying his best Laughing

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:49 pm

I don't mind losing Suarez as long as we receive a world record bid higher than the bale transfer.

Doubt Madrid will bid that much and can't see FSG selling him for any price this season.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:56 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:I don't mind losing Suarez as long as we receive a world record bid higher than the bale transfer.

Doubt Madrid will bid that much and can't see FSG selling him for any price this season.

Why? What's the point of losing him when we can't replace him with anyone better ?!

we are not a selling club, period. After 5 years, we're back with the big boys, and to lose our most prized asset immediately will send all sorts of wrong singles.

Anyways, Henry and BR are too smart to let it happen. Suarez knows bitching and crying won't get him the move as proven last summer. Not worried a single bit.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:46 pm

I would just like to say that a haul of Can, Lovren, Lallana, Lambert and Moreno would be very good for our summer window. Keep Ilori around, bring back Suso and Borini and the squad is deep everywhere with top class players pretty much everywhere (though questions on the flanks still).

A few others I'd like to see a bit more interest in are Shaqiri and Lacazette, but neither are necessary. Although if Strootman comes back from injury and plays well I'd really like to see a push for him in the winter window.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:16 pm

Costa 32 and Lallana 25 hmm
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:22 pm

Looks like Can will be done at £9.75m (12m). Which is a very fair price for him imo.

Moreno is reportedly almost done at £17.8m (22m). Overpaying slightly, which is not so good, but it might pay off.

Neither of these 2 were on my list that I mentioned previously of players whom I wanted to join us. But if Rodgers thinks they are what we need, then I'm all in so hopefully we finalize both deals by the end of the week.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 43 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 35 ... 43  Next