Art Morte
futbol
Red Alert
BeautifulGame
Abramovich
15 posters

Go down

Who are the stronger title contenders?

Who are the stronger title contenders? Vote_lcap39%Who are the stronger title contenders? Vote_rcap 39% 
[ 12 ]
Who are the stronger title contenders? Vote_lcap61%Who are the stronger title contenders? Vote_rcap 61% 
[ 19 ]

Total Votes : 31

Who are the stronger title contenders? Empty Who are the stronger title contenders?

Post by Abramovich Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:22 pm

The Arsenal that started off so well but are now tailing off a little or Liverpool with their massive firepower who keep on winning?
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Who are the stronger title contenders? Empty Re: Who are the stronger title contenders?

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:32 pm

I voted Arsenal but both are in similar situation tbh. Arsenal have ridiculously tough march coming up but if they can manage to stay 5-6 points of Chelsea(who are Favs for me) then they have an incredibly easy run in .

For us its directly depended on our results against Chelsea and City at home
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Who are the stronger title contenders? Empty Re: Who are the stronger title contenders?

Post by Red Alert Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:38 pm

Arsenal starting to bottle it lol.
And their marquee club record signing is equally mentally weak as the rest of the squad. Proud Arsenal may or may not finish above Liverpool, but they're not winning the league.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:45 pm

I think they've shown over the years the whole team and manager are mentally weak when it comes to a whole season, it will be interesting to see if they can bounce back for once.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:42 pm

Never bet on Arsenal to win something. I've learned my lesson years ago.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:35 pm

After today's results most are going to vote Liverpool, but there are a lot of games still to be played and on top of that there are two stronger favorites to claim the title.

It's still absolutely 50-50 in my book which of Liverpool and Arsenal are going to finish highest.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:42 am

Arsenal I guess. They have a bigger squad than us and an easier fixtures in April-May.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:19 am

4 points is a lot. City will level with Chelsea soon. So that's the top 2 set. No idea about us and Arsenal. They'll probably just finish ahead of us.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:01 am

Spoiler:

thought it fits here perfectly

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:35 pm

Arsenal bottled it. At this stage, it is hard seeing them win the title.

You simply do not lose against Stoke when needing to keep the pressure for 1st place. The title is won against these teams, not necessarily the big 6.

The sad thing is that this was Arsenal's year. Next year, city, Chelsea, and pool will all strengthen and be stronger than they are now. Hell, United might rise from the ashes again and cause problems.

Losing against Stoke was worse than losing against Liverpool and Bayren. It showed a mentally weak side falling off the title race.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:19 pm

Does this question need to be asked right now? No offence, but it's pretty obvious.

One team has their 2 best goal scorers injured, have nothing up front, have a brutal set of fixtures this month, form and confidence has dropped and the honeymoon phase of a certain new signing has evaporated.

The other team are sitting with their feet relaxing from one league game to the next while their rivals are congested with more fixtures, can play the same team every week and have a strike partnership full of goals.

Title race is still between City and Chelsea. Don't be fooled by Liverpool, they are just as much of big bottlers as Arsenal are.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:26 pm

Liverpool's defence is the weaker of the two so at first glance I'd have to say Asenal but belief is one hell of drug and Liverpool have that is spades at the moment.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:59 pm

I don't like these questions, but I look at our 10 remaining fixtures and not a single one of them worries me. Yesterday was a big win, so I have trust in this team. If you are scoring minimum of 3 goals every game, you always have a great chance of winning many games. People will officially count us in it after the OT game (if we win). I am enjoying the ride, unlike some other type of fans who don't want to express their excitement in fear of failure. What's there to lose? Your ego on a football forum? Lol. RED is a tad worried now I see, don't worry mate, Man city are underrated bottlers Proud

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:03 pm

Rsenal will finish above pool, owing to their relatively easier final set of games to the season. I can see them edging the reds towards the end who as RED correctly pointed can bottle it even more handsomely.

Both of them will win lot of games, despite the fact that North Londoners have a tricky month and between the 2 it may go down to the wire. But I cant see neither of them above chelzhi certainly who look clear favourites.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:20 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:I don't like these questions, but I look at our 10 remaining fixtures and not a single one of them worries me. Yesterday was a big win, so I have trust in this team. If you are scoring minimum of 3 goals every game, you always have a great chance of winning many games. People will officially count us in it after the OT game (if we win). I am enjoying the ride, unlike some other type of fans who don't want to express their excitement in fear of failure. What's there to lose? Your ego on a football forum? Lol. RED is a tad worried now I see, don't worry mate, Man city are underrated bottlers Proud

I don't think you are displaying anything atm to suggest you are bottlers, if I'm being honest with you. I'm basing my opinion on your previous seasons where you had the tendency to buckle under the pressure whenever the team had an advantage.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:29 pm

Hasnt that changed?

Everton 3-3, Stoke 3-5, Villa 2-2, Fulham 2-3, Swansea 4-3 are all a testament to that. We would have lost every single of these games in previous occasions.

We have changed, The times you talk about was when we finished 8th etc. We haven't bottled since last year Jan window where we got Danny and Phillipe.

You're probably a bit in denial as well seeing us second. Razz
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:31 pm

Spurs on 30th March will decide will decide (seal) our top 4.

Chelsea and City will decide our title challenge.

All to play for Very Happy
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:28 pm

RED wrote:Does this question need to be asked right now? No offence, but it's pretty obvious.

One team has their 2 best goal scorers injured, have nothing up front, have a brutal set of fixtures this month, form and confidence has dropped and the honeymoon phase of a certain new signing has evaporated.

The other team are sitting with their feet relaxing from one league game to the next while their rivals are congested with more fixtures, can play the same team every week and have a strike partnership full of goals.

Title race is still between City and Chelsea. Don't be fooled by Liverpool, they are just as much of big bottlers as Arsenal are.
bounce
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:47 pm

I'm very much enjoying the mayhem our league position is causing. I also love the denial from the oppositions fans who are afraid to admit that we are for real. And I'm not going to get in any arguments with anyone about this because it's all speculation at this point. Do I believe that we can win the title? You bet your ass I do. Our fixtures are more favorable than Arsenal, Chelsea, and City. Both City and Chelsea have to come to Anfield (a fortress this season). We are playing only once a week. We are the most in-form team in the league in 2014. We have one of the best attacks in all of Europe. We have the best player in the league. We have only 1 injured player that matters (Enrique). Lucas and Sakho are back to help the defense. Agger came back a couple of weeks ago and now the clean sheets are back as well.

If we fail to win the league, the season is still a huge success because at the start we weren't even sure we would get top 4. If we somehow win it, do you think I'm going to give a shit what other people thought of us during the season? Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:53 pm

RED wrote:Don't be fooled by Liverpool, they are just as much of big bottlers as Arsenal are.

Sounds like a post from redcafe. Absolutely no basis to it.

Your argument is that we are bottlers because of our past under Benitez, under Woy, under Kenny.

None of that has anything to do with Rodgers' Liverpool. His first 6 months he inherited a hoof ball team from Kenny and basically got rid of the deadwood and promoted teenagers. Since January 2013 it's been a completely different story.

Like I said no basis whatsoever, more like a rival fan in denial (which is understandable Razz )
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down