Great Leader Sprucenuce
Onyx
El Chelsea Fuerte
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Kroos: England Move Possible - Page 2 Empty Re: Kroos: England Move Possible

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:33 pm

I know this might sound crazy, but if Wenger goes after him he just might come to Arsenal and play along the new German crew. Razz 

We have the money and the Germans. cheers 

I cant see Kroos leaving tbh, there is no way he leaving what Bayenr are now.

Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:26 pm

RedOranje wrote:Not sure United would be able/willing to pay more than Liverpool this summer, particularly if they miss out on European football.

You are underestimating how huge Man Utd are as a global brand, they could go 5 years without European football and still pay more than any club in England.

They just haven't had to with Fergie.... they just paid Roonay 300k a week and 40m for Mata like its nothing.

Doesn't make a blind bit of difference if they are without European football next season as far as finance goes they will still pay more than any other club in England without thinking twice.

There's only 2 clubs who can compete with them on this level and that's Barca and Real Madrid.... not even Bayern has their financial muscle.

Of course players can chose not to go there because of no CL football, but that's an entirely different debate.... as far as finance available goes Liverpool can't touch them.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:35 pm

I think you're underestimating their debts and concerns with making sure they stay positive in the stock exchange. Let's be clear here, I don't doubt that they'll have a fair amount to spend this summer, I simply cannot see any side short of the clubs with almost literal bottomless funds (City, PSG, Monaco, Madrid) spending 200m in a season when they don't have CL funds incoming. It's just silly and not what any club with their debt would do.

I'm sure they can easily enough finance outlays in excess of £100m on players, but as you and others have been so giddy to point out repeatedly they have a lot of different positions and issues to address. Given all that I simply don't see how they can be expected to through huge money at a single player, especially one who doesn't really fit into Moyes's MO.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:09 pm

RedOranje wrote:
El Chelsea Fuerte wrote:^ They have implied that major funds will be available for the summer.
From the exact same sources that shout every window about a thousand different transfers that never materialize.  If you truly believe that a club without CL football funds and with significant debt will be willing to gamble their financial future on one transfer window under David Moyes to the tune of £200m then I've got a bridge to sell you.

They spent 38m pounds on Mata just to show others they are still competitive (and probably made that decision over a short period of time!) Laughing

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:12 pm

And that means what exactly? If anything it argues AGAINST them throwing huge money at Kroos, as it's one more player who's most comfortable operating in a central creative role behind the forwards and doesn't quite fit into Moyes's system.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:57 pm

In terms of Arsenal, they already have Wilshere/Ramsey for the CM spot. They need a DM mainly.

Chelsea do need a long term replacement for Lampard, but they recently got Matic, plus there's also Ramires. Can't really see either of them being benched long term.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:00 am

RedOranje wrote:
El Chelsea Fuerte wrote:^ They have implied that major funds will be available for the summer.
From the exact same sources that shout every window about a thousand different transfers that never materialize.  If you truly believe that a club without CL football funds and with significant debt will be willing to gamble their financial future on one transfer window under David Moyes to the tune of £200m then I've got a bridge to sell you.

Despite the debt, we're still a very rich club with a huge revenue. Our training kit deal alone can cover for his and Rooney's wages alone. A drop in the ocean for the club.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:07 am

Yohan Modric wrote:In terms of Arsenal, they already have Wilshere/Ramsey for the CM spot. They need a DM mainly.

Chelsea do need a long term replacement for Lampard, but they recently got Matic, plus there's also Ramires. Can't really see either of them being benched long term.
Kroos will play as the #10, in case he joins Chelsea. So no, I don't think Matic and Ramires is his competition.

Anyways for that to happen, he has to leave Bayern which I don't see happening.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:10 am

what about Oscar?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:13 am

We won't get Kroos, We already have enough AM's and besides, we just sold Mata.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:26 am

The dude isn't leaving Bayern for sure . Not in the next 3-4 years at least imo.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:24 am

ONLY TO LIVERPOOL PLEASE OR ILL CRY
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:35 am

Zealous wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:If people think its a come and get me plea then thats incredibly naive. Laughing 

He's basically saying to Bayern look i have this many options so better give me the contract i deserve.

Bayern's problem is everyone on their squad is looking for a pay raise.

Kroos may not be serious about (not certain) but Bayern just may sell him anyway if they get a ridiculous offer. Also Kroos may force his way out if he is offered crazy wages (300,000 pounds a week Laughing)

Also, if Liverpool get him they could become elite (provided they keep negritoman)

From what i read he wants parity with the likes of Gotze Muller and Thiago.Cant see Bayern refusing that .

And as good as he is no club will offer him anywhere near 200000 pounds let alone 300K wages.Maybe Monaco would but doubt he will be interested in it.

As for Liverpool it will be similar to Moyes chasing Fabregas . Kroos isnt going to choose a club that just qualified for CL(after 5 overs) over the legacy at Bayern.Even if he leaves the likes of City Barca madrid PSG will be all over for him.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:23 am

Tottenham legend inc.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:28 am

Yohan Modric wrote:In terms of Arsenal, they already have Wilshere/Ramsey for the CM spot. They need a DM mainly.

Both Wilshere and Ramsey have consistency and injury issues, and Kroos offers something different to both. Neither Arteta nor Wilshere are DMs and yet both have regularly been used in the deepest role by Wenger, who appears quite happy to use such a midfield.

Ramires has received criticism from supporters in the deeper role and does not fill the same role as Lampard. Kroos is easily better in what he does, which alongside Matic could be quite useful. And Chelsea have the money to upgrade at any given point or simply bid for a top player even if he isn't actually a necessity. They did it with Willian and it's working out quite well for them.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:17 am

Kroos in a pivot under Mourinho? Laughing
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:59 am

You guys are talking about transfer budgets and war chests as if Bayern are going to sell him in the summer just because his contract ends in 2015.

Of all the clubs in the world, Bayern are the least likely to sell a player for the sole reason of his contract ending next year.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:57 am

Kroos has every right to demand a paycheck the size of Götze or Thiago or whoever, the only ones who should be ahead are there because of seniority. Players like Lahm, Schweinsteiger, and Ribéry put in their time.

But if Kroos really is making less than, say, Thiago, I get him, actually. I'd still be f*cking tip-toeing though, would never leave this Bayern side if I were them.

If I were in his position, I would leave of course, because playing for Bayern is kind of meh. But he really shouldn't. Trophies by the boat load and the best environment to improve himself.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:29 pm

He knows he would get badly exposed in England with his lack of mobility so this is only a ploy to get a payrise from Bayern.

We need a player in the mould of Verratti, Thiago, Gundogan, Modric, Ramsey etc A CM that can switch play, makes angles, defend, support teammates, mobile, beat his marker, assist etc (This was supposed to be McEachran)

Would take a punt on Kovacic.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Footyfan Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:31 pm

Toni Kroos can do everything what the above poster wanted. He would instantly become the Best CM in the league and hands down ahead of everyone else.

Speed is not the be it all for a CM in any league. F***ing Carrick is a top star in EPL and even Lampard, etc are doing well and they don't have much speed now. I can take half a dozen names. If you are a good player you can make up for little raw speed in positions like CM. It is not even debatable.

Anyways why should he take a step down to go to Arsenal or Chelsea? Only for a Pay-raise. He gets good money and Bayern will give him more money.

Ie he acts too much like a bi*** he would let go for free in 2015 & Bayern would try to sign Gundogan

Footyfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:37 pm

RedOranje wrote:

Both Wilshere and Ramsey have consistency and injury issues, and Kroos offers something different to both.  Neither Arteta nor Wilshere are DMs and yet both have regularly been used in the deepest role by Wenger, who appears quite happy to use such a midfield.

Ramires has received criticism from supporters in the deeper role and does not fill the same role as Lampard.  Kroos is easily better in what he does, which alongside Matic could be quite useful.  And Chelsea have the money to upgrade at any given point or simply bid for a top player even if he isn't actually a necessity.  They did it with Willian and it's working out quite well for them.

True, Wenger does play with no pure DM sometimes, however the only problem is Kroos hasn't play in a pivot much. Neither has he played in a pivot without a pure DM, so it would be a risky move. With the amount of playmakers Arsenal have, they don't really need him, regardless of how injury prone Wilshere/Ramsey are.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:00 am

VivaStPauli wrote:Kroos has every right to demand a paycheck the size of Götze or Thiago or whoever, the only ones who should be ahead are there because of seniority. Players like Lahm, Schweinsteiger, and Ribéry put in their time.

But if Kroos really is making less than, say, Thiago, I get him, actually. I'd still be f*cking tip-toeing though, would never leave this Bayern side if I were them.

If I were in his position, I would leave of course, because playing for Bayern is kind of meh. But he really shouldn't. Trophies by the boat load and the best environment to improve himself.

maybe some Hanseatic solidarity move to the Weltpokalsiegerbesieger? hmm 
He is from Rostock after all.

but you're right, and that's exactly what he will be offered (probably has been offered already). His contract is old, that#s why he gets less atm, with the new contract he'd be probably on par with Müller, but below Lahm, Schweini, and Ribery.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:13 am

Footyfan wrote:Toni Kroos can do everything what the above poster wanted. He would instantly become the Best CM in the league and hands down ahead of everyone else.

Speed is not the be it all for a CM in any league. F***ing Carrick is a top star in EPL and even Lampard, etc are doing well and they don't have much speed now. I can take half a dozen names. If you are a good player you can make up for little raw speed in positions like CM. It is not even debatable.

Anyways why should he take a step down to go to Arsenal or Chelsea? Only for a Pay-raise. He gets good money and Bayern will give him more money.

Ie he acts too much like a bi*** he would let go for free in 2015 & Bayern would try to sign Gundogan

Ramsey, Gerrard and Toure are all 2x the CM Kroos is.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:41 am

suit yourself, I'd still prefer Kroos over every one of them
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:17 am

Gil wrote:
Ramsey, Gerrard and Toure are all 2x the CM Kroos is.

Gerrard and Toure in their prime, yes. Definitely not now. Although to be fair to Kroos, he's still very far from his peak.

He's on the same level, if not better, than Ramsey as of right now, too.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:22 am

Kroos: England Move Possible - Page 2 BiYjAkeIEAA46DM

I think out of those 22, 18 have been as starts hmm
who knows if Toni decides to leave because Bayern dont want him

Helmer
Fan Favorite