Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 12 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 12

Post by Onyx Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:21 pm

Coming out of tonight's RAW, here's the updated card for WrestleMania XXX.

WWE World Heavyweight Title Match
Batista vs. Randy Orton

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
Ryback, Curtis Axel, Big E and 27 other Superstars. Winner receives trophy.

The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar

Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H
If Bryan wins, he gets a spot in the WWE World Heavyweight Title match.

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt

Host: Hulk Hogan

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:41 pm

While some members of the Yes Movement in the ring with Daniel Bryan last night on RAW were actual fans, many of them were WWE crew members, backstage staff members and catering workers.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:24 pm

Tom, did you see the Wyatts promo on Smackdown?

If not. Watch it.

Simple, yet so beautifully done.
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:32 pm

Anyone noticed how the spotlight in the shield is now moved from Reigns to Rollins ? i was afraid that Seth was gonna get lost in the shuffle but it Looks like the WWE is really serious about all the three members of the shield.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:42 pm

zizzle wrote:Anyone noticed how the spotlight in the shield is now moved from Reigns to Rollins ? i was afraid that Seth was gonna get lost in the shuffle but it Looks like the WWE is really serious about all the three members of the shield.

Its good that they are atleast giving an opportunity to each member of the Shield to prove themselves as individuals. Very few people thought Rollins would get lost in the shuffle, but you could make out he had something in him, he just needed the opportunity.

And the Shield as faces looks like fun. That segment with Kane. Ambrose's face and their expressions when Kane got pissed.  :bow: 

Watch the Memorial trophy thingy go down between the three members of the Shield.

That or they are keeping it for DB hmm 
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:04 pm

They would have to be stupid to ignore Rollins and Ambrose tbh.

Both have them are excellent in the ring.... arguably both better than Reigns.

Both have them have excellent mic skills and ability to sell and tell a story. ( again both probably better than Reigns)

Reigns will get to the top on the fact he looks the part and the big smash-mouth guy who dominates is enough.

But i'd be VERY VERY surprised if all 3 are not a big part of the company going forward, everyone talks about Reigns and rightly so but don't sleep on the idea of Rollins and Ambrose being big time players going forward.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:39 pm

Daniel Bryan in the main event, the VAGI levels are off the charts.

The Official WWE Thread - Part 12 37329810
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:49 pm

Bryan will likely lose to HHH (not clean) and then Hogan will insert him into the main event, he should just beat HHH and go on to lose in the main event tbh.

I genuinely have no issues with Bryan being in the main event now, nobody expected Batista to be that crap in the ring on his return, his persona is cool but him vs Orton would be garbage. WWE's hands were forced with the reaction to Batista and Punk leaving, they had no alternatives.

I think best scenario is Bryan beats HHH, puts on a decent, memorable match (this will be the highlight of his career) then HHH interfere and allow Batista to get the win.

Bryan underdog story continues after Mania for a bit, he eventually wins the title on some B+ PPV when Batista is ready for his Media obligations for Guardians of the Galaxy.

Anyone know when that's expected to be btw? edit: around July/August, so it's fits with Batista having a run for a few months.

I realised the argument that Vince would want that added publicity of Batista being a main character in a summer blockbuster and wearing the WWE belt, but surely Batista will be away doing publicity tours for at least a month? they wouldn't keep the title off of TV for that long.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:22 pm

I ain't seen the Wyatts part yet, will watch later online brah

Bray ffs Proud
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:00 pm

Bryan deserved this, he has come a long way since his NXT days Proud
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:34 pm

Casciavit wrote:Daniel Bryan in the main event, the VAGI levels are off the charts.

The Official WWE Thread - Part 12 37329810

1 year sig bet. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:05 am

Ideal scenario would be Bryan winning the title, getting his payoff. Next night Triple H say's he was wrong about Bryan, he's seen the light and he's an A+ player who's best for business, because it's what the fans want.

Vince comes out and says the board of directors have said Triple H and Stephanie have been abusing their powers. Triple H and Stephanie apologise and the authority storyline ends. Orton gets his rematch out of the way on the RAW after WM and loses.

Bryan moves onto something new. A 1v1 feud with Batista most likely. Bryan evolves his character and improves his promos, although he's been improving recently. He either becomes Cena 2.0 or goes with his more serious American Dragon persona.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:44 am

None of that will happen MT lol.

The Vince and HHH part anyway..... Anyway its quite obvious Batista is going to get a run before his movie commitments as Firenze said.

Bryan will be involved in the main event realistically and the next couple of PPVs but this storyline still has legs and i'd be shocked if he does get in the main event then he isn't screwed in some fashion.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:49 am

If the storyline is prolonged even further, the fans could become disinterested. WM is the ideal time to end the storyline.

Batista's here for 2 years, he can win the belt anytime. But for now Bryan should win at WM and get a long title reign.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:53 am

"Batista's here for 2 years, he can win the belt anytime. But for now Bryan should win at WM and get a long title reign."

Doesn't make any sense

Batista's here for 2 years, Bryan can win the belt anytime. But for now Batista should win at WM.

That makes sense. The guy who has 2 years left can't 'win it any time' if the other guy wins it now and has a long reign.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:03 am

Will Batista be here till Summerslam?

Personally that's what i'd do, give the title to him at WM and have Bryan win it off him at Summerslam and give him a run till end of the year maybe until Survivor Series.

Also disagree about the fans being disinterested..... they are all in denial they are loving every second of it lmao, they continue to tune in and buy tickets and support Bryan for nearly a year lol.

They can run this angle as long as they feel like tbh, but i do agree that Bryan deserves a run.

I don't think he's capable of being the main guy of the company long term and i find him very boring but i see nothing wrong with giving him a run as the champ.

I just would be surprised if Batista with how they have pushed it since his return and even forcing a heel turn to make him more interesting if the end result wasn't Batista leaving with the belt.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:14 am

Bryan winning it at WM makes much more sense. Much bigger moment and it's the ideal time to end the storyline and establish a superstar. If WM was in August or something, then yeh, fair enough, the angle could go on until then.

Also Batista turned heel based on the crowd reactions. 2 years is enough time for him to get a title reign. Let's say Bryan has his title reign for the rest of the year, Batista has the entirety of next year to get a title reign in. Plenty of time.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:10 am

WWE didn't give Batista an incredibly lucrative contract, have him become one of the few multi-time rumble winners (on his re-debut no less) because they believed that Bryan was capable or ready to establish himself as an A+ player. They brought him back because they obviously felt they lacked star power and people capable of headlining WM.

Now, there's a slight possibly that has changed with the reaction to Batista, in fact, it's undeniable that they've definitely altered their plans somewhat in accordance with it, but I don't think there will be a payoff at Mania for Bryan. Vince is pretty notorious for his I know what's best for business attitude. Most stars are a product of the machine anyway. I can only see one outcome at WM, and that's Batista winning the title.

However one thing is for sure, if it doesn't happen, it means it never will for Bryan (i.e him becoming someone who is at the top for a 5-10 years, like Cena & Orton, an A+ player)

Regardless of why I think they cheer him, the fan fervor behind him is at it's peak IMO, it will only decline after Mania. It's up to Management now, they'll decide if Bryan gets elevated to A+ player or remains a B+ player. (whether or not he remains an A+ for very long is up for debate, but I won't really go into that, I already made my thoughts known regarding that)

I guess we'll find out at WM. Personally, I think Bryan will do very well to find himself in a Jericho-esque role (Calma Mole, I don't mean from a wrestling/personality standpoint, Jericho shits on Bryan all around), someone who can have important mid-card feuds but can occasionally slot into the main event when needed every few years. (Maybe when they split up the titles again)
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:03 am

That Andre the Giant Battle Royal is basically the writers saying "we can't be bothered coming up with storylines for the midcarders so we'll just throw them all into one match and pretend its important."

Nowhere near the same effect as Jericho's "I want a match with a big ladder" promo.

Why the hell is Big E in the throwaway battle royal? Have they stopped even trying to pretend the IC title means something...

Yes I've been screaming out for a Shield face turn (against the Authority). I'm not ready for them to break up. They are just too good together.

Rollins has always been my favourite Shield member. There's a reason he's the first ever NXT champion. Reigns has the look but still has a long way to go in the ring. I like Ambrose but thinks he's kinda overrated. Rollins has incredible in-ring skills, a moveset that gets the crowd going and decent enough promo abilities. They should definitely recreate Big E vs Rollins for the IC title feud.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:04 am

silver wrote:Yes I've been screaming out for a Shield face turn (against the Authority). I'm not ready for them to break up. They are just too good together.

smackdown spoilers:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:03 pm

The authority storyline still has legs. The worst case scenario would be if Bryan loses to HHH, gets inserted in the main event by Hogan and loses again, that would kill his momentum even if the losses were not clean. And since in my opinion Bryan isnt winning the title at mania, the ideal scenario for me is that he goes over HHH clean and then get screwed in the main event. This will extend the storyline even more and put him in a feud with Batista
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:34 pm

Bryan's being pushed as one of the top faces with Cena. He'll surpass Jericho's ranking. In fact with Cena taking a backseat and putting younger superstars over, Bryan will be the main face.

Punk was unlucky not to get that spot back in 2011/12, because Cena still main evented ahead of him without being champion, but the situation's changed now.

The 'face of the company' is made organically. It's not just 'oh he's 6ft5 300 pound, why don't we make him the face'?

Cena was over, became WWE champion, was the top face on RAW, beat top stars deservedly, worked hard outside of WWE and a few years later everyone recognised him as the face. Similar thing should happen with Bryan.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 35 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next