Juveman17
Kaladin
Forza
beatrixasdfghjk.
Kick
17 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 23 Empty Re: The Official Talk About Whatever Thread

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue May 13, 2014 11:57 am

Unis allowed to set own prices from 2016, students with 'existing arrangements' change in 2020. The thing is, my med program is 3 years undergrad + 4 years graduate med, so I'm not sure if I fit under existing arrangements..
It's a pretty rubbish idea, it's not like people want to choose universities based on the price of courses. HECS would also no longer be indexed to inflation, can rise by up to 6% a year.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 23 Empty Re: The Official Talk About Whatever Thread

Post by fatman123 Tue May 13, 2014 12:01 pm

Dem uni profits though, all the old unis gonna cash in on their reputations Proud

Lucky next year is my last year
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue May 13, 2014 12:22 pm

It really depends on your interpretation of 'existing arrangements'.
From my reading of the Budget, it looks like uni students who start next year get current nice rates for a year, then unis can set fees for the rest of their degree Mad.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue May 13, 2014 1:30 pm

Going to buy Sydney pack tickets in 146-1..

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Wed May 14, 2014 1:16 am

Undergraduate students who have accepted an enrolment offer on or before 13 May 2014 and have deferred the commencement of their course or who have started their course and are on approved leave of absence will also be charged under the current arrangements until they finish their study or until the 31st of December 2020 (whichever comes first).

Grandfathered in cheers.

The interest rate for HELP debts will be indexed by the Treasury 10 year bond rate (to a maximum of 6.0 per cent per annum) rather than the Consumer Price Index (CPI). This means that government is lending money at broadly the same interest rate it borrows money. The new arrangements will apply to continuing and new students beginning with the indexation of debts on 1 June 2016.

Does this apply to you hmm.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed May 14, 2014 1:46 am

No HECS debt Proud
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed May 14, 2014 3:35 am

Almost done with my hectic week...just have my AP US History exam tomorrow (very sure I'll do really well on it), and then I'm going to be all but done with school.

Also just got a call from a coach I know from the local club I play for. I'm pretty involved with all things footy as far as my small city goes, so he asked me if I would like to participate in a radio session next week. It's on the subject of the local club, high school footy teams, the World Cup etc, so that's pretty sweet. Kind of honored, I guess. Will be an exciting new opportunity to do something new, too.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed May 14, 2014 3:57 am

Awesome, Good luck with that, CB.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Wed May 14, 2014 4:19 am

Kick wrote:No HECS debt Proud
Why not?

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed May 14, 2014 4:31 am

It sounds like my fees aren't going to go up (while I'm still studying), but the interest rate on my HECS will, so that will need to be paid off ASAP.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed May 14, 2014 11:28 am

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:
Kick wrote:No HECS debt Proud
Why not?

Because he not a lazy schmuck like us

Forza wrote:It sounds like my fees aren't going to go up (while I'm still studying), but the interest rate on my HECS will, so that will need to be paid off ASAP.

From what i understood they changed the indexing of the interest rate, so itll go up or down (yeah right) at a different rate, but there wont be a large jump overnight in the interest rate. Previously they used the CPI which more or less follows rises in cost of living but now its indexed to the government bond rate which i should (but dont) remeber much about, i think its somehow tied to the cash rate though
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed May 14, 2014 11:32 am

On a personal note; if you're smart about what you do, the investment put into higher education is worthwhile, so regardless of the cost of the course, HECS interest rates etc, theres no real deterant from studying an undergraduate degree. I'm sure that goes without say for all of us though.

In regard to paying back HECS, im happy for it take as long as it needs to pay back, my main concern is my super. As soon as i get my first 'real' job i want to start salary sacrificing into my super because by the time we retire there may be no (or if so very little) pension available
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed May 14, 2014 10:43 pm

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/p480x480/10253870_913668668660730_2467199553618643350_n.jpg
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed May 14, 2014 11:36 pm

Al-Sadd reached the QF's of ACL cheers
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu May 15, 2014 1:00 am

El Shaarawy wrote:Al-Sadd reached the QF's of ACL cheers

Thiago Sad
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu May 15, 2014 1:06 am

@Beatrix,
Because I am a kiwi, I cannot get HECS, therefore I have no HECS debt. cheers
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu May 15, 2014 3:51 am

Western Sydney Wanderers are fully hecktik and will wreck you

Srs
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu May 15, 2014 4:43 am

fatman123 wrote:

Western Sydney Wanderers are fully hecktik and will wreck you

Srs

This.  Thumbs up  Thumbs up  Thumbs up 

If we replace our exiting players, Ono was fantastic last night, as well as JP and YH. Big , big shoes to fill their, we have all our marquee spots open i think, so once the owners come on board, any day now, we should be sweet to finalize all these contracts.

Profanity is not allowed - Kick

Last edited by Kick on Thu May 15, 2014 4:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Profanity removal)
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu May 15, 2014 5:16 am

Oh ffs Kick pls

Either let the man have some fun in here or give me mod :coffee:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Thu May 15, 2014 5:22 am

fatman123 wrote:On a personal note; if you're smart about what you do, the investment put into higher education is worthwhile, so regardless of the cost of the course, HECS interest rates etc, theres no real deterant from studying an undergraduate degree. I'm sure that goes without say for all of us though.

In regard to paying back HECS, im happy for it take as long as it needs to pay back, my main concern is my super. As soon as i get my first 'real' job i want to start salary sacrificing into my super because by the time we retire there may be no (or if so very little) pension available
Yeah, I'm not saying that it isn't, but it's just real shortchanging for the people that came after us, all those politicians got free university, and now I could easily see a doubling in uni fees in 2016.
The interest rate isn't that big of a problem, the ten year government bond (2.75%) is actually lower than inflation at the moment (2.9%) which is kind of weird..

Kick, why not just get dual citizenship and then flee back to Old Zealand?

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu May 15, 2014 5:28 am

CBarca wrote:Oh ffs Kick pls

Either let the man have some fun in here or give me mod :coffee:
When I am an admin, I will.
beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:
fatman123 wrote:On a personal note; if you're smart about what you do, the investment put into higher education is worthwhile, so regardless of the cost of the course, HECS interest rates etc, theres no real deterant from studying an undergraduate degree. I'm sure that goes without say for all of us though.

Yeah, I'm not saying that it isn't, but it's just real shortchanging for the people that came after us, all those politicians got free university, and now I could easily see a doubling in uni fees in 2016.
The interest rate isn't that big of a problem, the ten year government bond (2.75%) is actually lower than inflation at the moment (2.9%) which is kind of weird..

Kick, why not just get dual citizenship and then flee back to Old Zealand?

I can't get Aus citizenship, it's very hard and costs like 10 grand.

Doing Geology over here is better for my career.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu May 15, 2014 7:54 am

10 grand, seriously? That's ridiculous. Kickstarter campaign to get Kick his citizenship? hmm
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Thu May 15, 2014 8:35 am

dostoevsky wrote:10 grand, seriously? That's ridiculous. Kickstarter campaign to get Kick his citizenship? hmm
Only if Kick starts it.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu May 15, 2014 8:39 am

Kick kickstarts the kick it around kickstarter campaign to let Kick kick it around permanently.

The issue I see here is that any acronyms might make us look like the Ku Klux Klan.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Thu May 15, 2014 9:24 am

what

What are we kickstarting Kick to start kicking?

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu May 15, 2014 9:27 am

People sponsor a high quality game of football played by the Goal Legacy Australia section in order to raise funds for Kick's citizenship, so we can kickstart the kickstarter by kicking it around with kick, for kick, by kick.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next