Juveman17
Kaladin
Forza
beatrixasdfghjk.
Kick
17 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The Official Talk About Whatever Thread

Post by Juveman17 Sat May 10, 2014 3:34 pm

Who elected this lunatic

Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The Official Talk About Whatever Thread

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat May 10, 2014 3:38 pm

I missed the last election so I can't really say .. the majority seem to be against the current government now, and it's a one house system, so one more year of this and then Labor's back in business cheers.
I'm still checking Sydney Morning Herald instead of Brisbane Times, so I guess I miss a lot of local news..

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sat May 10, 2014 3:41 pm

Just saw this on reddit and was completely shocked
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat May 10, 2014 3:43 pm

What's your username Wink.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sat May 10, 2014 3:47 pm

forzajuve212, just another one of my internet aliases
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat May 10, 2014 4:11 pm

The Queensland Government and the current Federal Government are the two most conservative Australian governments I have seen in my lifetime. And by conservative, I mean anti-environmentalist, anti-human rights, anti-welfare, anti-education, anti-technology, anti-science, and racist.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat May 10, 2014 4:24 pm

It's getting pretty ridiculous how Abbott is still coming up with promises to break, seeing how few policies they actually took to the election...

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun May 11, 2014 2:13 am

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:It's getting pretty ridiculous how Abbott is still coming up with promises to break, seeing how few policies they actually took to the election...
So true. The whole thing is a farce. I am so ashamed of this government and all the people who voted for them.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by isignedupjusttoseesigs Sun May 11, 2014 3:50 am

smokers rights and palmer united are where my votes went,

you're very welcome.
isignedupjusttoseesigs
isignedupjusttoseesigs
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun May 11, 2014 4:18 am

isignedupjusttoseesigs wrote:smokers rights and palmer united are where my votes went,

you're very welcome.
Suspect Neutral No pale Mad Evil or Very Mad :brickwall:   rofl

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by isignedupjusttoseesigs Sun May 11, 2014 5:03 pm

isignedupjusttoseesigs wrote:i stopped looking at every section except this one, if liverpool win the pl i'm out intill next seasons over.

thank your gods for liverpools choke, y'all aint gonna lose me.
isignedupjusttoseesigs
isignedupjusttoseesigs
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun May 11, 2014 5:51 pm

Forza wrote:
beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:It's getting pretty ridiculous how Abbott is still coming up with promises to break, seeing how few policies they actually took to the election...
So true. The whole thing is a farce. I am so ashamed of this government and all the people who voted for them.

You've said that like labor was some sort of an answer.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon May 12, 2014 1:04 am

Sigs Proud
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Mon May 12, 2014 4:35 am

mr-r34 wrote:
Forza wrote:

Just because Labor can be pretty dysfunctional doesn't mean they don't get stuff done and have better policies.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon May 12, 2014 5:11 am

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:
mr-r34 wrote:
Forza wrote:

Just because Labor can be pretty dysfunctional doesn't mean they don't get stuff done and have better policies.
Firstly, I don't have any political affiliation or natural preference either way.

Labor was in a state of complete disarray before the last election in terms of their leadership. It got people thinking, "if Gillard and Rudd don't trust each other, how can the public trust them?" This was also compounded by the whole carbon tax debacle, which was partly the fault of Julia Gillard for failing to articulate that it is not actually a tax, but a 3 year carbon price introduced as a precursor to an emissions trading scheme. I'd wager that at least half the Australian population still don't know that thanks to the Murdoch press, who were there every step of the way to give an objective account of the debate.

Much was made of Gillard's pre-election statement, "there will be no carbon tax under a government I lead" - or something to that effect. Now, notwithstanding the fact that it isn't actually a tax, this is 1 broken promise. For me, this wasn't really a big deal considering that the alternative climate change policy offered up by the Liberals was approved by a guy who said "climate change is absolute crap" and has since apparently changed his view - yet he remains in favour of scrapping a carbon price. Having studied the law related to this issue in some depth, I am very sceptical about how effective any climate change policy can be without having a price on carbon.

All of this being said, I'm not really an environmentalist anyway. Quite frankly, what I cared about most last election were 1) the economy 2) the NBN 3) healthcare, 4) education, 5) investment in science, 6) asylum seekers.

With regards to 1, I am of the opinion that the Rudd stimulus package was the major reason for Australia avoiding an actual economic crisis during the GFC. Our deficit now is currently relatively small when compared to pretty much every other western nation - and there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I think that the Liberal's claims pre- and post-election that we are in some sort of budget crisis were ridiculous, especially considering their exceptionally generous paid parental leave policy, which seems to directly contradict this. The Liberal's solution is typically to privatise government institutions to get short-term cash, even if those organisations are turning a huge profit.

2) The NBN was a straightforward decision for me. Spend the money, do it right, fibre to the home. The alternative was a half-assed project that is going to put fibre to the end of your street and then you will have to pay $1000s to connect it to your house - and if you don't, your internet will be no faster than it is right now.

3) Tony Abbott was the only health minister in recent history to actually cut the healthcare budget. It's clear he has no compassion for the poorest in our society and his promise to privatise medicare is clear proof of that.

4) As a uni student (albeit in my final year), the uncertainty over education funding was a concern. Only now has the awful truth been revealed, that our HECS debt is also going to be sold off.

5) I worked in medical research at the time and the Liberal party's constant threat to cut science funding was another concern. Since the election, the CSIRO, our nation's chief scientific body, has had their budget cut 20%. Now let's think for a minute, what kind of first world nation CUTS research and development?

6) Stop the boats. A despicable, racially-motivated policy which has damaged our relations with Indonesia, cost billions of dollars, has resulted in the death of an asylum seeker in one of our detention centres and for what? To stop a thousand poor, desperate people from finding a better life in our country? There are more UK tourists in Australia over-staying their visas than asylum seekers coming here each year, yet you don't hear anyone making a fuss about them. "Not the asylum seekers, they're Asian terrorists who will take our jobs!" #boganlogic

The point is, I vote on policy, not personality. (as if Tony Abbott has a great personality anyway)
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon May 12, 2014 9:25 am

I am worried, actual intellectual conversations are taking place.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon May 12, 2014 2:11 pm

Have people viewed the Asian Cup schedules?

The non-Socceroos matches are insanely cheap, A-reserve tickets for Japan vs Jordan are $15. Adelaide has been unfairly ignored in favour of Canberra - like anyone is even still in the city in January Laughing - but you guys can always come visit me in Melbourne. <3
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon May 12, 2014 3:46 pm

dostoevsky wrote:Have people viewed the Asian Cup schedules?

The non-Socceroos matches are insanely cheap, A-reserve tickets for Japan vs Jordan are $15. Adelaide has been unfairly ignored in favour of Canberra - like anyone is even still in the city in January Laughing- but you guys can always come visit me in Melbourne. <3
Yeah, I was super annoyed about this when it was announced.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue May 13, 2014 4:45 am

http://tickets.afcasiancup.com/venue-pricing/

7 matches for $99?
hmm.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue May 13, 2014 6:20 am

WOW that scheduling is a joke, a team like Iraq who i know could get 20,000 locals if they got lucky to a game in Sydney has been put in Brisbane and Canberra, don't think I'd waste my time with much matches bar the Australian games.

mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue May 13, 2014 6:25 am

Yeah the placement of teams is absurd, China and South Korea aren't playing any games in Melbourne where they could probably sell out the stadium.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue May 13, 2014 7:40 am

When do tickets go on sale?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue May 13, 2014 10:59 am

Budget Mad.
Please I'm poor, what is this HECS rubbish?

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue May 13, 2014 11:41 am

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:Budget Mad.
Please I'm poor, what is this HECS rubbish?

What changes were made?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue May 13, 2014 11:56 am

Budget :facepalm:
Post comments afterwards were Laughing
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue May 13, 2014 11:57 am

Unis allowed to set own prices from 2016, students with 'existing arrangements' change in 2020. The thing is, my med program is 3 years undergrad + 4 years graduate med, so I'm not sure if I fit under existing arrangements..
It's a pretty rubbish idea, it's not like people want to choose universities based on the price of courses. HECS would also no longer be indexed to inflation, can rise by up to 6% a year.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next