LeSwagg James
izzy
dmize
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Le Samourai
24 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 24 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by dmize Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:38 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Lol @ Harden btw getting extremely close to taking more shots than scoring points rofl

First two games he had 45 points on 47 shots. After three, 82 on 82 Laughing

He got his flop calls last night and they still lost.

Le Samourai wrote:Portland - Rockets is the best first round series since Boston - Chicago.

Don't agree considering the series is basically over. I think Thunder-Grizzlies has been better.

dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 24 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by dmize Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:42 pm

Adrian Wojnarowski ✔ @WojYahooNBA

Magic Johnson and his partners want to buy Clippers, sources tell Y! NBA, Sterling have their exit strategy. Column: yhoo.it/1mQJNuf
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:00 pm

Most of the way through the series, how do you think they end now we seen some telling themes?

For me;

Dallas giving Spurs a big fight, good for them, veteran team with pride and great coaching (8th seed or not) should be putting up a good fight. Still think the Spurs come through, but it might be in 7.

Memphis refuse to just accept their inferiority and the Durant - Westbrook thing plus the poor Brooks rotations are causing the struggle it really shouldnt be. OKC will get this though I believe, in 6.

GSW and Clippers is a intresting one, this Sterling thing added a distraction which gives GSW a life line. Plus CP3 looking all sorts of passive when he isnt busy flopping or some shit. He is being a point guard, not a star player...they need him to be one. Still Griffin is the unstoppable force in the series and Jordan will continue to get them second shots. But trying to call it is the hardest thing right now..Ill avoid it, this next game is critical. If Clippers lose, they are done IMO.

Portland look like they going to take it..Batum is coming to play to join LMA and Lillard, plus Matthews. Rockets paying 15m to Lin next season Laughing Bonafide scrub. This series just a scoring battle with precious little defence...and I trust Portland more atm. Rockets will take the next one, but Blazers got it in 6.

Out East, Pacers and Hawks going to 7. Toss up at this point...ill give Pacers the benefit of the doubt.

Sweep in Miami obviously.

Nets and Raps really intresting too, still going with the Nets experience..in 6.

Bulls will bounce back, I wont rule them out going on to win the next 2. If they win 1, I think they get 2 but lose in game 7. But I think Bulls missed their chance with Nene out. Done in 5.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:28 pm

I basically agree with everything, still think Clippers will win in 6 though.

GSW need to shoot exceptionally well to win and i can't see them doing it again, they might do it one more time but i can't see it happening twice. They have battled extremely hard despite their lack of post presence but the lack of Bogut will be telling in the end IMO.

Nothing to be ashamed of if they did though and i don't think the calls for Mark Jackson to be fired are fair IMO.

I don't believe in the Pacers at all right now, but i still think they will sneak through. Wall and Beal will finish the job off and face the Pacers.

I think the Nets and Raps will actually go to 7 games, but still got Nets pulling through.

Portland and Houston has been a fantastic watch despite the lack of defense, unless McHale figures it out and fast i can't see it going past game 6.... the biggest problem they have to me is the whole attack seems to revolve around one player, if its Harden everyone just stands still and watches him to try to ISO his way to victory and if its Howard ( who i think has played very well IMO) the rest of the guys just stand there and hope he's gonna rape Lopez and most times he does tbf.

Portland on the other hand even when Lillard and LMA are going off there is a flow to the offense, they look like they are actually being coached lol. Everyone looks engaged and the whole offense flows.

Much better balance and that's what will win them the series.

Got Spurs winning in 7 and OKC winning in 6, but huge respect to both Dallas and Memphis. If i wasn't so obsessed with making sure Miami don't 3-peat i wouldn't mind seeing them advance tbh.

Not even gonna talk about Miami series as there is nothing to talk about lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:30 pm

dmize wrote:
Adrian Wojnarowski        ✔️ @WojYahooNBA

Magic Johnson and his partners want to buy Clippers, sources tell Y! NBA, Sterling have their exit strategy. Column: yhoo.it/1mQJNuf

Damn.... lol.

That would be interesting on so many different levels, not least the Lakers ties and how ironic it would be Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:54 pm

Magic owns the LA Dodgers baseball team and his partners in that are LOADED, so I imagine it's a group of the same guys
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:57 pm

I think the GSW may have found something in getting Draymond Green in the line up though.

He is playing terrific defence, he is all over the place. Need to play him every second Griffin is out there.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:59 pm

It is B-Mac apparently at least, i read an article on NBA.com earlier today.

Apparently they are desperate to own an NBA team, think the total wealth of the group in question was over 20 billion if i remember correctly.

Would be quite funny after what Sterling said he lost it to Magic lol, considering he doesn't want him at the games lol.

Also Dani i agree with that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:27 am

The Franchise wrote:I think the GSW may have found something in getting Draymond Green in the line up though.

He is playing terrific defence, he is all over the place. Need to play him every second Griffin is out there.

Seems like it. I also heard that it was Jermaine O'Neal who went to Jackson and asked what he thought about bringing himself off the bench. Props to him if so.

If they are only going to play O'Neal 10-15 mins, then DeAndre Jordan needs to be a lot better than 0 points, 6 boards for LA to win.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:36 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:It is B-Mac apparently at least, i read an article on NBA.com earlier today.

Apparently they are desperate to own an NBA team, think the total wealth of the group in question was over 20 billion if i remember correctly.

Would be quite funny after what Sterling said he lost it to Magic lol, considering he doesn't want him at the games lol.

Also Dani i agree with that.
Here's a conspiracy theory I came up with just for fun.

Magic knows Sterling is a racist as he's known the old man for a long time. Magic also wants to own a basketball team but wants to own one in a big market. Of the big market teams, the Clippers are the easiest to grab and the most convenient for him other than the Lakers(which is virtually impossible). He also knows that Sterling would never sell his team unless forced to. So he approaches Sterling's gold digger half black gf. Tells her to do something that'll spite a racist rage out of Sterling. In return, if Sterling loses his team she gets a huge sum of money or a minority ownership in the team.

She agrees to it and they both agree to record it. Old man Sterling being the racist pos that he is of course goes into a rage. Call is recorded and then "leaked" to TMZ. National rage ensues and fans and media alike call for Sterling's head on a spike. NBA is angry about it and so are all the players in the league.

Now on to the final phase of the master plan. Once the league comes to a conclusion to force Sterling to sell(which they probably will), Magic and his group swoop in to save the day. Boom!

F off mate. I was bored Sad
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:06 am

Barrett Laughing

Tbf i have heard crazier things in sport lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:07 am

Sherlock Barret or Blue Holmes, what would you like to be called?

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:33 am

Laughing Pacers

at one point in the 2nd quarter they were getting outscored 37-9

Down 25 at home right now in the 3rd
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:39 am

Sucks for the Bobcats to get the Heat instead of this embarassing Pacer team.

I guess it's a win for them that they kept every game relatively close and didn't get blown out. Just flat out overmatched.

Kemba 29 on 11-15

they need a SG cause Henderson is among the worst in the league. Gary Neal is also terrible, and selfish. Pops a genius for getting that bum to play team basketball in SA.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:49 am

Good experience for the Bobcats, seeing what greatness is like though :coffee:

The Pacers needs to blow up the team, nobody should be safe but George tbh.. I thought getting the #1 seed would set them straight, guess not
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:53 am

Seriously though, what is wrong with this Pacers team?

FIrst seed and down 30 to Atlanta at home, is just not sane.

Is there something going on in the dressing room between players? Or are they all simply shit and were made look good during the past couple of seasons.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:34 am

Pacers are a disgrace
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:26 am

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:02 am

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2014/04/calling-sterling-comments-disgusting-leslie-alexander-seeks-to-drive-him-from-nba/

Rockets owner told Adam Silver that all the Clippers players should be Free Agents, and Silver said he would consider. hmm

I really, really doubt it will happen but that would be insane. Of course it's the Rockets owner who came up with this, they want CP3 and have the cap.

Rockets owner Leslie Alexander’s goal was as clear as the anger and disgust in the tone of his voice. He had heard the recording of Clippers owner Donald Sterling’s racist and hateful comments. He had met with NBA commissioner Adam Silver. He wanted Sterling out the NBA.

Calling the comments “disgusting,” Alexander said he told Silver he should stab “a sword” into the heart of Sterling’s ownership of the Clippers.

“I thought that there’s got to be a way to disrupt him from owning the team,” said Alexander, who after 20 years owning the Rockets is one of the longest tenured owners in the NBA. “I gave him the sword to deal with this. I said, ‘Let the players become free agents.’”

Alexander said the goal of his suggestion was not to break up the Clippers, considered among the league’s top teams, or even to punish Sterling. He said the objective was solely to back Sterling into a corner from which he will choose to sell the Clippers.

The NBA constitution does not allow the league owners to remove Sterling, Alexander said. But he added that the NBA needed to take steps to drive Sterling from the league.

“This kind of behavior can’t be allowed in the NBA by owners, players or anybody,” Alexander said. “This guy has no place in the family of the NBA. Whatever it takes, we have to make sure this kind of event never happens again.”

The first step to ensuring that, he said, was to get Sterling out of the league.

“I mentioned that to Adam,” Alexander said. “I told Adam I don’t think he can be removed because the constitution (of the NBA) only allows him to be removed except for gambling. I’m not sure that legally can be done. But if he loses his players, nobody is going to want to go there. He’ll only be able to get a player that is worth $2 million and will play for $12 (million.) And who is going to want to coach there?

“If you’re a player in the NBA you don’t want to play for somebody like that. If you worked for a company, you would walk away and say, ‘I’m gone.” I think the players should have that right.”

Alexander said he did not know what Silver would announce on Tuesday and that Silver did not say what actions he was considering, but did say that he would look into the feasibility and ramifications of Alexander’s suggestion.

“He listened to it,” Alexander said. “He said he hadn’t heard that before. He said to me, ‘You always give me a novel idea that I haven’t heard before.’ He told me he would look at it and see what the professionals around him think.”

Bolded cause SMH at a billionaire owner being so shallow he has to big up himself in the media. "He said 'Hey Leslie, you're the best owner, you ALWAYS give me the best ideas!!'"
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:12 am

dmize wrote:

rofl

LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:04 am

SMH dumb fan

Its obviously frustrating to struggle like this..but they do actually want to win right? Saying those things on the home court to the only player who is really scoring the ball well is like turning the Pacers home games into road ones.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:20 am

Leslie really thinks.the world is that dumb. We all know you want to sign Paul/whoever else you can steal from the clips you moron.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:40 am

I thought owners could be forced to sell a team when they do something that is detrimental to the image of the league. Forced to sell through a vote by the board of governors(team owners) and ensuing action by the commissioner?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:40 am

McAgger wrote:Sherlock Barret or Blue Holmes, what would you like to be called?

Barrett Holmes :coffee:
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:43 am

Blue Barrett wrote:I thought owners could be forced to sell a team when they do something that is detrimental to the image of the league. Forced to sell through a vote by the board of governors(team owners) and ensuing action by the commissioner?

That's if the owners forced him though, there's no inclination of that atm.

We'll find out more today anyways as there's gonna be another presser.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:02 pm

The problem with the idea of the owners forcing him out, is it sets a precedent..owners can get thrown out if they dont act right.

At the moment there is an aura that exists, as if owners are untouchables.

The owners dont want to break that...so throwing out another owner, sort of opens up the line of thinking "hey, get this guy out, he is a problem, he isnt untouchable".

Owners defiantly dont want that.

I sense a slap on the wrist. Sterling will fight to the death and drag it out, the NBA/player union will get sick of the fight (as Sterling will remain in charge while its happening) and the end game for Sterling will be to eventually give up control of the team to someone of his choosing (his wife) or something like that.

Changes nothing, he probably dont run day to day operations now anyway and he will still be taking in the money from the fans, sponsors etc once they return.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next