LeSwagg James
izzy
dmize
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Le Samourai
24 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 25 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by The Franchise Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:02 pm

The problem with the idea of the owners forcing him out, is it sets a precedent..owners can get thrown out if they dont act right.

At the moment there is an aura that exists, as if owners are untouchables.

The owners dont want to break that...so throwing out another owner, sort of opens up the line of thinking "hey, get this guy out, he is a problem, he isnt untouchable".

Owners defiantly dont want that.

I sense a slap on the wrist. Sterling will fight to the death and drag it out, the NBA/player union will get sick of the fight (as Sterling will remain in charge while its happening) and the end game for Sterling will be to eventually give up control of the team to someone of his choosing (his wife) or something like that.

Changes nothing, he probably dont run day to day operations now anyway and he will still be taking in the money from the fans, sponsors etc once they return.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 25 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:14 pm

They've already lost a lot of sponsors, I read, and the ones left have put their sponsorships on suspension pending the result of the whole thing.

I laugh at the idea some people have brought up of the players boycotting the games though Laughing That's just unnecessary. At the end of the day, they have contracts to respect and fans that paid to watch the games to cater to.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:30 pm

I read that too, which is why I say once they return. Because if Sterling isnt there officially, they will return. The Clippers are the most entertaining team in the league to the casual fan I think, the sponsors will be back when they can.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:27 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
dmize wrote:
Adrian Wojnarowski        ✔️ @WojYahooNBA

Magic Johnson and his partners want to buy Clippers, sources tell Y! NBA, Sterling have their exit strategy. Column: yhoo.it/1mQJNuf

Damn.... lol.

That would be interesting on so many different levels, not least the Lakers ties and how ironic it would be Laughing

Speaking of Magic Johnson "ties"

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 25 Magic_johnson_1993_01_01

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 25 Rue1e37917833

rofl
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:31 pm

Zeal mad dat Magic owns the look like a boss.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:03 pm

If Sterling stays hmm Maybe we could get Griffin or Paul hmm Who wants to play for that team now Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:11 pm

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 25 9k=
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:22 pm

So Sterling banned for life, fined 2.5m.... now its up to the owners to do the right thing and vote that he be forced to sell the Clippers.

I'm genuinely shocked they went that far, but i'm glad they did.

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 25 BmajX_eCAAAZPKM
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:23 pm

The Pacers...... Laughing

Saw this coming well before the All-Star break, just didn't imagine it would be this bad.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:15 pm

The Franchise wrote:The problem with the idea of the owners forcing him out, is it sets a precedent..owners can get thrown out if they dont act right.

At the moment there is an aura that exists, as if owners are untouchables.

The owners dont want to break that...so throwing out another owner, sort of opens up the line of thinking "hey, get this guy out, he is a problem, he isnt untouchable".

Owners defiantly dont want that.

True, I think it was the right move but now these owners know they can get punished for anything they say privately. Not even just basketball anymore, all U.S. sports owners.

I think most owners were for a ban anyway, I know Marc Cuban wasn't.

I don't think Sterling will just sell. Lawsuit is probably coming, and this is gonna go on for a while.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:19 am

OKC probably has the least fluid offense in the league, it's 100% isolation plays.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:53 am

Bulls are outta here.
Lost at home 3 times. They really struggle like crazy on offence.

Also, OKC struggling against Memphis. This is the reason I had concerns about this matchup.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:30 am

Wizards Proud

I called it Proud
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:11 am

Durant :facepalm:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:56 am

Freeza wrote:OKC probably has the least fluid offense in the league, it's 100% isolation plays.

Rockets say hello, Lol @ KD btw.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:32 am

KD gonna get that MVP award via Skype
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:53 am

This Sterling guy forced to sell his club after a privately expressed view, however wrong, sounds harsh and a little hypocrite to me. Holding people this much accountable in their public & professional life for their private views and values, it doesn't sound that right to me. The 2.5m fine would have been enough, imo.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:08 am

He hasn't been forced to sell yet, but the commissioner is urging the board of governors(team owners) to take a vote as is well within their rights to do so.

Either way, if he isn't forced to sell by the league, he'll probably eventually sell the team anyway. They're already losing sponsors and what not, he can't go to his own games anymore or go near any Clippers or NBA facility. He's very popular for the wrong reasons now as well.

He bought the team for $12m in the early 80's. I'm sure he wouldn't be crying if he sells them for the $580m+ they're estimated at.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:12 am

I have to disagree Art tbh.

Firstly he has a history of such acts and believes.

Secondly as the commisioner said they are now public.

The biggest problem here is he seems fine with minorities and other races as long they stay in their place in his archaic view.

So he doesn't mind black and other minorities working for him and making him tonnes of money but he doesn't want them seen with him in public or associated with him?

Doesn't that sound like slave labour? And quite frankly with this view he's basically saying he wants to limit jobs and financial gain for those people.

It's disgusting and the punishment while shocking is fair imo and i hope he's forced to sell the team.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:39 am

Blue Barrett wrote:KD gonna get that MVP award via Skype

But but he's unstoppable, how did this happen!?

Art Morte wrote:This Sterling guy forced to sell his club after a privately expressed view, however wrong, sounds harsh and a little hypocrite to me. Holding people this much accountable in their public & professional life for their private views and values, it doesn't sound that right to me. The 2.5m fine would have been enough, imo.

What? I think it's 100% fair.. We as a society need to come down hard on racism every chance we get..
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:47 am

But how would society work if everyone who held racist views in private were forced to quit their professional lives?

If you act racist in your professional life and discriminate people based on their race, yeah, then absolutely. But if you just hold those views in private without that it can be shown that you put them in action in your professional life, then I find it a harsh, over-the-top punishment that you are forced to quit your professional life. Obviously your position may become untenable and you quit willingly if your racist views become public knowledge, but being forced to sell your own enterprise by law, rules and regulations, that's too much.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:04 pm

Check out his prior history, he doesn't keep it 'private'..
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:22 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
dmize wrote:Memphis isn't winning this series. They had their chance and blew it

Durant and Westbrook went 11-45 combined, 12 turnovers and they won
Its not like Durant and Westbrook have been dominating in the first 3 games either. Not sure they're both suddenly going to turn on the switch and start dominating Memphis' defense. Not that easy.
Still think Memphis aren't winning the series?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:22 pm

Art, these aren't private mate ---> http://deadspin.com/your-complete-quotable-guide-to-decades-of-donald-sterl-1568047212
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:37 pm

Durant the playoff flop hmm
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:44 pm

Art Morte wrote:But how would society work if everyone who held racist views in private were forced to quit their professional lives?

If you act racist in your professional life and discriminate people based on their race, yeah, then absolutely. But if you just hold those views in private without that it can be shown that you put them in action in your professional life, then I find it a harsh, over-the-top punishment that you are forced to quit your professional life. Obviously your position may become untenable and you quit willingly if your racist views become public knowledge, but being forced to sell your own enterprise by law, rules and regulations, that's too much.
Seriously, you think that? Laughing So an PRIVATE organization with 80% black employees, should not fire a racist that makes huge amounts of money on them?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next