LeSwagg James
izzy
dmize
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Le Samourai
24 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 26 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:44 pm

Art Morte wrote:But how would society work if everyone who held racist views in private were forced to quit their professional lives?

If you act racist in your professional life and discriminate people based on their race, yeah, then absolutely. But if you just hold those views in private without that it can be shown that you put them in action in your professional life, then I find it a harsh, over-the-top punishment that you are forced to quit your professional life. Obviously your position may become untenable and you quit willingly if your racist views become public knowledge, but being forced to sell your own enterprise by law, rules and regulations, that's too much.
Seriously, you think that? Laughing So an PRIVATE organization with 80% black employees, should not fire a racist that makes huge amounts of money on them?

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 26 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Art Morte Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:50 pm

I'm willing to believe the guy is a racist asshole, but if there's no evidence he has acted in a racist manner in his sports club owner's position, I think the punishment to force him out is too much.

A man beating his wife is a total douche in his private life - in my book that's probably worse than having racist views without actually doing anything racist - but we wouldn't force such a man to sell his own company.

Also, we know there are a lot of people out there with at least some racist views. Should they all be banned from carrying out their professions? We know they are out there, we just don't have actual evidence of them expressing those views. Aren't we playing stupid when we catch one and impose a punishment this big, forcing him to sell something he legally owns, on that one person? Yet if every racist on the planet was magically caught over night, we couldn't impose the same punishment on them (ban them from their profession) because that would be millions of people and the society grinding to a halt. We could fine them, though, and I believe that's a common punishment for racism in many countries. And fining this Sterling guy would have been a punishment enough, in my opinion, especially since one's racist views becoming public knowledge usually damage their reputation and business well enough.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:26 pm

Art, have you even read up on Sterling? This is not the first time, he has even verbally assaulted black players on his own teams. Refused to rent to different ethnic groups, because he didn't want them neighborhoods to mix (no black people in his beverly hills estates). And having a Franchise isn't the same as having your own company. Having a franchise in the NBA, is like getting the rights to own a burger king, if you treat all the employees as crap. They have the right to take your rights away of owning a BK franchise, because you're damaging the overall reputation of the Business as NBA and BK both are.

I suggest you read up on the countless number of racist actions Sterling has made over the years. His racist remarks hasn't been anywhere near to private Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:49 pm

This is Durant 7th season in the NBA. In LeBron 7th season he was getting destroyed for not having won a title till then. The media needs to completely give him a kick in the ass I believe. His honeymoon period is over. Either deliver in the playoffs or gtfo as you will never belong in the absolute top tier.

PS. It doesn't help him that he plays for Scott Brooks Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:54 pm

No, I don't know anything about this Sterling guy, so I can't comment on him in a wider perspective.

Just what I think is that:

A racist remark made in private --> Forced to sell your company

that's too harsh on its own anyway.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:39 pm

McAgger wrote:This is Durant 7th season in the NBA. In LeBron 7th season he was getting destroyed for not having won a title till then. The media needs to completely give him a kick in the ass I believe. His honeymoon period is over. Either deliver in the playoffs or gtfo as you will never belong in the absolute top tier.

PS. It doesn't help him that he plays for Scott Brooks Laughing
Shouldn't blame Durant tbh Laughing This team doesn't have an offensive identity in the playoffs. It's either pass to durant, drible drible drible, pass to shot/shoot or pass to Westbrook drible drible drible, pass to shot/shoot. They have no offensive flow, and Thabo and Perkins offers nothing. Fisher is also awful at the moment, hits big shots as always, but rest of his game is useless.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:41 pm

Art Morte wrote:No, I don't know anything about this Sterling guy, so I can't comment on him in a wider perspective.

Just what I think is that:

A racist remark made in private --> Forced to sell your company

that's too harsh on its own anyway.
you do know that it wasn't a "remark" but rather a 20 minute racist rant, and given his prior history it would be despicable not to ban him for life and make him sell. Guys like that doesn't belong in sports, which is a place that should be free of racism.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:55 pm

This guy..... Unacceptable and just pathetic.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24545772/kevin-durant-plays-decoy-as-memphis-bites-okc-overtime-again

Decoy? :facepalm:
No worries though, he'll get a pass as usual.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:57 pm

It's one this to make that excuse for Durant not winning a title, but we're talking about him getting booted in the first round of the playoffs. I don't care how poor the offensive flow is (granted I haven't watched the series), he should still be able to get his team out of round 1.

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:00 pm

The pressure for Durant will start next year after he gets his MVP..
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:05 pm

I don't care what anyone says, his play after game 1 of this series has been a joke.

He is allowing Westbrook to dominate the offence, shooting terrible shots, taking 3's for what reason, I don't know. Scott brooks rotations and offence plays (if he even has any) have been terrible.

But, Durant allowing himself to be a decoy, constantly deferring to Westbrook, not even really attempting to get the ball, living on the perimeter instead of trying to post Allen up?

Unacceptable. No excuse.

The pressure started the second he went on his little inspirational speech about being tired of being second.

EDIT: Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook have shot a combined 37 percent (94-253) against the Memphis Grizzlies through fives games. :facepalm:
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:14 pm

LeSwagg James wrote:The pressure for Durant will start next year after he gets his MVP..

It already has tbf, all i hear ever hear is right we know your a great player but where's your ring at?

My biggest issue with Durant in a playoff game is for a guy who has average over 30 its remarkable how few double teams he creates to help his team.

He needs to post up more that's for sure, but that there is more to it than that.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:39 pm

^^ Straight from Kenny and Chuck's mouth

MoleSmithBarkley Molenation

But yeah, it's kinda my problem as well, though I think it's an unfair criticism to an extent. I think the main problem is really the face that they try to force the ball into him even though he's much better off ball and they have a player who is completely capable of being a dribble penetration juggernaut.

So essentially, it's the offence.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:52 pm

Come on now, we all been saying here for AGES that KD needs to stop this crap and tell Westbrook to fall back. Its not like he doesnt get flack for that.

Its not rocket science here, even KD knows, but he wont even do anything about it.

KD isnt even passive aggressive, no subtle media comments using the words "we" to replace "him", no waving off screens, no nothing.

I read now, he went 16 possession at some point last game and touches it 3 times. Meanwhile Butler and Westbrook combined to shoot 12 times.

He knows he needs Westbrook, he cant do it alone..but he doesnt have it in him to tell him to fall back.

I think it was Skip Bayless who said it, all these modern superstars are mentally weak and it shows in these situations too.

As for posting up, first thing is Brooks needs to get Perkins/Collison out the game to create the spacing for KD to go on the block..and he wont do it, because he needs 2 bigs to guard Marc and ZBO. So I see the issue there.

Still think they will take this though, game 7.

Westbrook 0/14 in the overtimes..thats 14 shots in 20 minutes btw...thats got to stop though.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:03 pm

Le Samourai wrote:^^ Straight from Kenny and Chuck's mouth

MoleSmithBarkley Molenation

But yeah, it's kinda my problem as well, though I think it's an unfair criticism to an extent. I think the main problem is really the face that they try to force the ball into him even though he's much better off ball and they have a player who is completely capable of being a dribble penetration juggernaut.

So essentially, it's the offence.

I haven't even seen TNT yet lol.

Bloke who uploads them hasn't done so yet.... i can't be staying up till 5am  Laughing 

I'll watch it later, if he has said that i will laugh my arse off.

I agree with what your saying btw, but i do think aside from all this he could get to the paint alot more than he does, he has the ability to do so.

Same with Westbrook really, they shoot far too many contested jumpers and just stand out there on the perimeter.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:13 pm

Brooks is an awful coach Laughing D'antoni would do so much more with a team like this. He plays Steven Adams 50 second, he gets a rebound and a block, and is then subbed right after for Perkins who was -8 all night with 8 rebound and 2 points.. and overall uselessness.
And seriously, where is Lamb? atleast he's got some resemblance of an offensive game, unlike anyone bar the big 3. Their offense is so stagnant, and it pains me to see the lack of ball movement, seriously.. there is NONE.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:13 pm

Saw it on NBA.com. Those guys are out of control.

Chuck got a leg cramp Laughing I almost lost it.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:23 pm

How does giving Durant more of the ball un-stagnate the offense? That's the problem right now. The offence is so damn predictable. Ten seconds every possesion is dedicated to trying to get Durant the ball.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:26 pm

Le Samourai wrote:How does giving Durant more of the ball un-stagnate the offense? That's the problem right now. The offence is so damn predictable. Ten seconds every possesion is dedicated to trying to get Durant the ball.
That's exactly right, I saw like 10 plays in the first half yesterday, where there was only 9-10 seconds left when they passed the ball for the first time. It really looks like there isn't anyone on the team that can call a play effectively.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:46 pm

True but its not like Brooks is going input an entire offence mid playoffs.

I want to know what happened to this

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:48 pm

The Franchise wrote:Saw it on NBA.com. Those guys are out of control.

Chuck got a leg cramp :lol:I almost lost it.

LMAO  Laughing 

I have to watch this later tonight, along with the 3 games last night Laughing

I feel like all of them have potential to be good watches so i'll try and catch up before tonights games.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:57 pm

The Franchise wrote:True but its not like Brooks is going input an entire offence mid playoffs.

I want to know what happened to this

Well, for one, they stopped playing Lamb (who was a good shooter this season) and Adams, and they're just trying too hard at the moment.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:23 pm

No one talking about Joey Crawford screwing the Thunder?

Lets ban this guy next.

First he ices Durant on a FT. I can't remember a ref tossing the player at the line the ball and then running over and snatching it. Just to fix a menial error? That's still whatever though. Ridiculous but KD should've made it.

Before OKC's last possession, the ball clearly goes out of bounds at 3.0/3.1. The refs put 2.9 on the clock. That .1 cost them the game cause then the Ibaka tip is good.

The FT thing I can say whatever to. Durant should've made it. Putting the wrong time is BS though and cost OKC the game and maybe the series.

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:22 pm

Nets - Raptors.
Who you guys got tonight?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:44 pm

Nets.

More hope than actually anything though, as i want Heat's next series to actually not be a sweep.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:46 pm

Especially since they probably playing the Wizards in the Conference finals rofl

I think a healthy Phoenix would have had a shot at the East this year  Laughing 
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next