EL Patron
VendettaRed07
Jay29
30 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

We've got a problem - Page 3 Empty Re: We've got a problem

Post by RedOranje Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:11 pm

JGUNZ wrote:first thing first...  arsenal are the least talented team of the top four and has the less depth... Wenger's arrogance is a gift and a curse, although it helps our players overachieve, it also kills us against more talented teams...  I know its the Arsenal way to attack and play straight up but away at Chealsea in the first 10 minutes of the game we tried to jump on them way too early,  with both fullbacks pushing up, everytime we lost the ball, theres was only Met and Kos back there...  we need to learn to respect our opponents more.. every team has been dropping points this year, and playing and getting a draw would have kept things interesting.

Not sure about that one, to be honest.

RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:48 pm

MJGunner wrote:
CBarca wrote:Tbf even against Spurs, where you won, Spurs could have and probably should have put at least 2 against you guys, probably 3...and looked the better team :/

Ironically, with all of their possession and passing, we had more clear cut chances and the only opportunity they got was gifted to them by Szczesny. Other than that, Adebayor had a header off target. But nice try.

Ok.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Benry Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:47 am

Full responsibility lies with the players, I don't care if Flamini should have played or not. Fact of the matter is that the players should have enough sense about them to try and curtail the damage. You can't tell me otherwise other top clubs don't have players that think for themselves.

I mean AOC handball, ridiculous situation. You're already 2-0 down, why on earth risk getting sent off concede a penalty and possibly a goal or just concede the goal, at that stage of the game is absolute stupidity.

Gibbs & Arteta being so high up for the 1st goal, zero common sense from both players. The manager cannot control minds, absolute dickhead mentality, it's a shame players contracts are not play as you earn then performances like that would not occur.

Furthermore this questioning of Santi is ridiculous, he carried us to fourth last year an absolute crucial part for Arsenal. Far as I'm concerned Arteta's lack of passing range, lack of a pacy outlet and Giroud's vastly overrated hold up play contributed to this shower of shite.

Finally a drum I have been banging dementedly like so many on Giroud. I seriously want him left from the starting line up from now on. The guy is the Almunia of strikers, we comfortably have one of the best back fours in Europe, our midfield has some absolute gems, it feels like a reverse of when he had Cesc, RVP, Nasri and the like an we had that melt in goal. A player of such distinct lack of quality compounds on the whole team.

The technique for that shot in the first minute was disgraceful, had that been buried Chelsea weren't set up to go goal down, and despite popular opinion would have turned their gameplan completely on it's head.

Before anyone says I've been harsh on Giroud, I'm not it's a fact the stats show he is only in front of Soldaldo in terms of shot conversion. But ultimately his attitude is abysmal now, due to his misdemeanours being exposed, it's best for all parties if he's "injured".

Also feel the manager is going to leave this season, ever since the turn of the year motivating the players for the big games been impossible, maybe they know he's off and a malaise has creeped into the squad.

Benry
Benry
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:34 am

Interestingly enough, Chuba Akpom has been recalled from his loan at Coventry despite the fact that, as far as we know, Sanogo isn't injured again. Makes you wonder if Giroud's going to be perma-dropped now.

I've defended Giroud a lot this season and thought he had improved a lot during the first half of the season, but since then his form has dropped and he's not been able to recapture it. His lack of pace has become a major problem in the absence of Walcott, he no longer looks confident in front of goal and can barely keep hold of the ball when it comes his way. Watching him trying to run with the ball against Chelsea was comical.

I'm hesitant about dropping him because the alternatives aren't great and we do still have things to play for, but I wouldn't seeing Akpom get some chances. I think he's way ahead of Sanogo in terms of technical ability and movement, and he looks ready for first team action.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:42 am

Giroud needs to be dropped, he's just not in it mentally anymore, also he's not getting any support so that doesn't help.

But this #WengerOut nonsense is just that. Nonsense.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:43 am

Yeah I like Akpom a lot better than Sanogo, the guy actually scored goals, has great technique, dribbling skills and off the ball movenebt. I don't know how Wenger feels about him vs Sanogo though. I think Akpom is just there to replace Bendtner who'll not play for us again.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:46 am

Wenger's record against top four teams away from home in the last five seasons makes for grim reading:

We've got a problem - Page 3 BjbmDW_IMAEJblw

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:47 am

Great post Benry. Completely agreed about Giroud. I don't turn against players and I supported Gervinho till the very last match but Giroud is past every stage. Gervinho never hindered our match like Giroud does. Gervinho actually was talented as he is showing for Roma. Above all, Gervinho had pace which could at least help us counter.

Giroud just doesn't belong in our system. He is a good striker, but he isn't good enough for us. We have had Berkamp, Henry, RVP, Eduardo and even Adebayor. All were technically amazing or multi talented. Giroud has none of that.

Regarding Cazorla. He is still one of our best players but my problem with him is that his awareness is very poor and has costed us quite few times this season. he likes to come deep with the ball but he doesn't realise the consequence of him losing it there and he does lose possession in those areas. Specially when our players are all pushed up.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:49 am

As for Giroud, I hope he leaves us in the summer for a team/manager who knows how to use him because Wenger certainly doesn't seem to know especially when he surrounds him by a bunch of AM's who lack a final ball. He'll thrive somewhere else where he's wanted and not doubted in every single game.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:52 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:Wenger's record against top four teams away from home in the last five seasons makes for grim reading:

This is embarrassing. And people still think we lose these games because of a few individuals.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:54 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:Wenger's record against top four teams away from home in the last five seasons makes for grim reading:

wow
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:58 am

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjcdgPSIMAAu5mI.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjcdflrIMAAHf5W.jpg
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:08 am

urbaNRoots wrote:As for Giroud, I hope he leaves us in the summer for a team/manager who knows how to use him because Wenger certainly doesn't seem to know especially when he surrounds him by a bunch of AM's who lack a final ball. He'll thrive somewhere else where he's wanted and not doubted in every single game.

would be better to keep him as an option on the bench in case of injuries.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:14 am

I mean for his own good, otherwise I would like to keep him too.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:14 am

Have been pro-Giroud since he donned the shirt but given that his lack of confidence and subsequently, his lack of form has been the result of his own off-field scandals, it's his own fault. If he can't handle the responsibility of playing for a big club then he should go back to Montpellier. Really, it comes down to that.

If you have the talent and the work ethic, it'll show. If you compromise yourself then who can defend you? I like him, he's good, he does have grit and determination but surely it can't go on like this? Either our starting striker gets back to the form that had us believing we wouldn't regret letting Higuain go to Napoli or we part ways.

We'll see in May.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:15 am

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjcjyJ0CYAAsPxn.jpg

Good
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Benry Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:23 am

RG- Yeah agree with you on Santi holding getting caught on the ball too many times, but the lack of a genuine CM who can pass incisively has forced him to drop deep.

I may be wrong in thinking this but in his first season and before the end of the year, Santi generally played further forward patrolling the wings and coming inside and rarely dropping deep, this year he seems to always be deep then drive forward. Without Rambo or Wilshere he doesn't have anyone really to pick up the ball and play him in the middle third of the park.

Urbanroots- You are correct Giroud is a system player and doesn't work that well for Arsenal. But you are so wrong about Arsenal lacking a final ball too many critical chances this guy has F'd up. His dreadful finishing has cost the team so many points, WBA away, Chelsea & Man United at home spring to mind.

The worst part is I would give the guy a break if he tried but when you're taking home £65K a week and are chasing skirt the night before massive games, you have to deliver get your priorities straight, not miss chance after chance.

Wenger's record is poor away from home against the big teams but yesterday the players were beyond pathetic, the absolute lack of intelligence was a joke. Yes the manager is culpable for the preparation for games but for me the lack of competitors in certain positions is harming the club the most, look at Szczensy his game has dropped in the last two games coincidently Fabianski announces he's going to leave at the end of the season.

Benry
Benry
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:25 am

MJGunner wrote:Have been pro-Giroud since he donned the shirt but given that his lack of confidence and subsequently, his lack of form has been the result of his own off-field scandals, it's his own fault. If he can't handle the responsibility of playing for a big club then he should go back to Montpellier. Really, it comes down to that.

If you have the talent and the work ethic, it'll show. If you compromise yourself then who can defend you? I like him, he's good, he does have grit and determination but surely it can't go on like this? Either our starting striker gets back to the form that had us believing we wouldn't regret letting Higuain go to Napoli or we part ways.

We'll see in May.

should have been dropped permanently after the affair thing but we have no decent replacement.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:32 am

Benry wrote:RG- Yeah agree with you on Santi holding getting caught on the ball too many times, but the lack of a genuine CM who can pass incisively has forced him to drop deep.

I may be wrong in thinking this but in his first season and before the end of the year, Santi generally played further forward patrolling the wings and coming inside and rarely dropping deep, this year he seems to always be deep then drive forward. Without Rambo or Wilshere he doesn't have anyone really to pick up the ball and play him in the middle third of the park.

That's true. Cazorla has been playing deeper quite a lot compared to last season where he was primarily a LAM or a CAM and rarely had to drop this deep. I can understand why Arsene is forcing him there because of the lack of options. Arteta's rapid decline hasn't helped either. With Ramsey it was just covering cracks as he was really good with most of the things and that took the pressure off other positions as Arteta had someone who would be covering for him.

We really need a DM or a DLP in the summer who is a big improvement on Arteta. Because whatever people say, our back 4 wasn't as responsible for the triple drubbing as our midfield was. Most top managers know how to disrupt us. Rodgers, Martinez, Pellegrini, Jose and even Moyes. They all pressed Arteta as their primary tactic and it worked. Arteta is highly intelligent and has done well for us but he is probably the worst kind to have away from home as his technique lets us down and his lack of mobility.

Watching Clasico just tonight, Busquets might not be the most mobile player but his technique is excellent and under pressure there are very few players as good as him. Obviously we can't get him but we need someone like him.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:44 am

Arsène Wenger and Arsenal players in clear-the-air talks after drubbing

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/23/arsenal-arsene-wenger
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:45 am

RealGunner wrote:
Benry wrote:RG- Yeah agree with you on Santi holding getting caught on the ball too many times, but the lack of a genuine CM who can pass incisively has forced him to drop deep.

That's true. Cazorla has been playing deeper quite a lot compared to last season where he was primarily a LAM or a CAM and rarely had to drop this deep. I can understand why Arsene is forcing him there because of the lack of options. Arteta's rapid decline hasn't helped either. With Ramsey it was just covering cracks as he was really good with most of the things and that took the pressure off other positions as Arteta had someone who would be covering for him.

We really need a DM or a DLP in the summer who is a big improvement on Arteta. Because whatever people say, our back 4 wasn't as responsible for the triple drubbing as our midfield was. Most top managers know how to disrupt us. Rodgers, Martinez, Pellegrini, Jose and even Moyes. They all pressed Arteta as their primary tactic and it worked. Arteta is highly intelligent and has done well for us but he is probably the worst kind to have away from home as his technique lets us down and his lack of mobility.

Watching Clasico just tonight, Busquets might not be the most mobile player but his technique is excellent and under pressure there are very few players as good as him. Obviously we can't get him but we need someone like him.

To be honest there aren't a lot of deep lying play makers like Busquet available out there. The ones that are available are just too young and inexperienced. I rather we get a proper defensive minded player who is still technically sound like Matic for example.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:53 am

There was always an air of "stop gap" about Arteta, regardless of how well he performed as a holding midfielder. He adapted to the role very well, but without the strength you'd expect a DM to have, nor the passing range that a great deep-lying playmaker would have, we would only go so far with him.

It shows time and again in the bigger games; teams either leave him alone because they know they won't hurt them with his passing, or they press him because they know he's likely to keep hold of the ball. Even in game where we've defended well, such as Dortmund and Bayern away, he still struggled as was lucky to be on the pitch in both games.

Even if he wasn't struggling this season, it was time to sign a real class player for the position. As good a player he is, we're not going to reach the next level with him as a consistent starter.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:06 pm

which top 4 is this? cos we have won at Anfield, Ettihad and StamfodBridge in that span
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:09 pm

RealGunner wrote:Arsène Wenger and Arsenal players in clear-the-air talks after drubbing

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/23/arsenal-arsene-wenger

quite frankly,this should have been done after the Pool game, assuming its true of couse
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:56 pm

A huge reason why Wenger needs to learn to analyze his opponents instead of putting blind faith in his players to deliver. I dont see how Wenger thinks he can go into every match with the same tactics, these stats say it all, either change or thanks for eveything but time to move on.

Responsiblity means nothing unless Wenger changes. Wenger never blames the players. It is his personal philosophy. Wenger is completely to blame because he bought the players who have no heart or desire.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:21 pm

'We are sorry... now let's put it right'
Mikel Arteta
on a difficult day…
It's not good enough with the way we started the game. Just before they scored we had a chance with Olivier that could have changed the game completely but we gave them the game in [their] hands.
 :facepalm: 
If you give the ball away in the middle of the park against Chelsea you know what's going to happen. That's what we have to avoid and we knew that from the start of the game and we haven't done it. We paid for our own mistakes. We have to take it on the chin because it's unacceptable to lose another big game like this.

on being concerned about the big games…
The first one [at Manchester City] you may analyse in a different way, the second one [at Liverpool] was a bit different in the way we conceded the first three goals but on Saturday in my opinion it was worse because it was more our fault. It was when we were in possession of the ball and we knew that we couldn't take risks in certain areas. After 3-0 and with a man down it makes it impossible.

The good thing is we have a lot of things to play for and we've always reacted to disappointments and difficult moments. But this one is a really hard one to take, it was a massive game for us and for me it's unacceptable.

on two home games coming up…
Yes but we have to take [on board] some of the things we have done wrong. You cannot only just move on, you have to analyse what you've done and react. I'm expecting a big reaction on Tuesday because we have to and Saturday was not good enough for this football club.

The pressure we put on ourselves by losing games like that is massive and there's no need for it. We just disrupted the good season we were having. I don't know what else to say apart from sorry to everyone at the club, the fans, and we promise that we will try hard to put that right.

on the title race…
This can change at any moment. There are two midweek games again and it can change quickly around. We just need to be there again because if there's any possibilities we have to be able to take it. Let's try again, it's been a difficult day but we need to stay together again and battle because what we can still get is very good.

on the players feeling the pain…
It hurts deeply inside. It's embarrassing to be on a football pitch in that situation. Psychologically it's really hard and when you go through that you analyse it and you know you don't want to be in that situation again. I promise everyone that we have that hunger to put it right. On Tuesday we have an opportunity again at home and we just need to bounce back.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20140324/-we-are-sorry...-now-let-s-put-it-right-

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next