Tomwin Lannister
Luca
12 posters

Go down

The Same Old Problem Empty The Same Old Problem

Post by Luca Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:08 pm

Let's be realistic here.
Which strikers are available?

What if the season began tomorrow, how confident would you be with the current set of attackers?
I don't think Juventus could win the league, let alone do damage in Europe with the current attack

How many times did misfiring strikers cost Juventus points last season?
We would just have to look at some of the draws Juventus accrued throughout the campaign to confirm.

And that's in an UNBEATEN season
I really hope Juventus can land someone, even if it's not some big already mentioned, established name
Just somebody to offer something to this attack

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

The Same Old Problem Empty Re: The Same Old Problem

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:50 pm

Juve should just pay good money for Llorente but if the absolute worst came to pass, we're with the same first choice strikers plus Giovinco which means we have an improvement on last year.

EDIT: Borriello doesn't count Razz
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DreadAndrea Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:28 pm

We are at the same ugly place we have been before exept this time the rest of the squad is dammn brilliant plus we are league winners and undefeated.

I dont blame Juve for not coughing 25 mill £ up for an injury prone RVP who have had 1 good season plus is a whore for money and I wont blame Juve or Marotta for not paying 20-25 mill € for Llorente who has 1 year left and wants to leave, because as tempting as it may be Juve just can not afford splashing 30 mill € on anybody but Jovetic.

I know my Juve and she is desperate for a world class striker but i admire the strength put on show here and the will to take an economical responsible decision and just say nooo enough is enough, we wont take part in these crazy money deals when the economic climate in football and the rest of the world is just in gear for this.

DreadAndrea
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:32 pm

DreadAndrea wrote:We are at the same ugly place we have been before exept this time the rest of the squad is dammn brilliant plus we are league winners and undefeated.

I dont blame Juve for not coughing 25 mill £ up for an injury prone RVP who have had 1 good season plus is a whore for money and I wont blame Juve or Marotta for not paying 20-25 mill € for Llorente who has 1 year left and wants to leave, because as tempting as it may be Juve just can not afford splashing 30 mill € on anybody but Jovetic.

I know my Juve and she is desperate for a world class striker but i admire the strength put on show here and the will to take an economical responsible decision and just say nooo enough is enough, we wont take part in these crazy money deals when the economic climate in football and the rest of the world is just in gear for this.

I agree with the first two names, I don't blame him at all.
But what about Destro? He could have been signed for peanuts in comparison and has a lot going for him.

Anyways, I agree that this is actually a stronger Juventus due to chemistry and experience but it's just the final piece that I'm worried about.

Looking at the squad
-Defensively sound
-Midfield is absolutely fantastic
-Attack, not really sure how I would rank it. Statistically, not that impressive. Yes, Giovinco adds a lot, but Del Piero [even at his age] gave a lot to this team.

There is still time but I'd like to see some more transfer movement

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:48 pm

You can throw rocks at me but I'm pretty sure Giovinco won't add much to our attack.. Didn't convince me in the pre-season even though he had some nice moves, seems like he can't really cover up his size with skills. But we will see.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by davidsNC Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:09 am

dronte, where shall i throw the rocks? Very Happy

i think we could win the league with this squad. CL will depend on the draw.

as good as MVP were last season, our midfield is so much stronger. I also think that gio will add another dimension to our attack. i'm a little worried about the left back position, but am confident going into the season. if we can get llorente, i would be very pleased, but if not so be it.

as for destro, i might be wrong, but he doesn't get me too excited. i predict he will develop into a solid striker, but no world beater... time will tell.

the market is tough out there with wild valuations. a lot of people have focused on their concerns about this window, but i would like to add, that i am very happy that we are buying a lot of young prospects. i know all of them won't pan out, but i think sooner that later we will see the benefits of marrotta's work on this front
davidsNC
davidsNC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by GiacomelaJuventuseraprimo Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:31 am

I will probably take some slack for this comment, but I am glad Van Persie hasn't joined Juventus; 1 bad tackle by a dust-bag defender from a lower-to-mid-table squad (insert name here), and we would right back to where we originally began, guys' more fragile than a piece of glass. His wages are lol-worthy; 1 great season, he can demand 8m euro/year?? hell no!!! United can have him and Rooney attempt to disrupt their squad by demanding playing time/lions share o' possession.

Has anyone considered the possibility that Destro could be the next Matri?? Have an alright-season, but nothing spectacular. Don't really get all the LIORENTE HATE; guy has a decent goal return, considering that aside from him, Muniain, Martinez, and Exeterribia (spelling), the team is filled w srubs.............Jovetic+LIorente?? hmm hmm :bow: They had 20m euro to spend on a top CF + 10-12m euro (of the 27 earned) from sales

GiacomelaJuventuseraprimo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by davidsNC Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:38 am

GiacomelaJuventuseraprimo wrote:I will probably take some slack for this comment, but I am glad Van Persie hasn't joined Juventus; 1 bad tackle by a dust-bag defender from a lower-to-mid-table squad (insert name here), and we would right back to where we originally began, guys' more fragile than a piece of glass. His wages are lol-worthy; 1 great season, he can demand 8m euro/year?? hell no!!! United can have him and Rooney attempt to disrupt their squad by demanding playing time/lions share o' possession.

Has anyone considered the possibility that Destro could be the next Matri?? Have an alright-season, but nothing spectacular. Don't really get all the LIORENTE HATE; guy has a decent goal return, considering that aside from him, Muniain, Martinez, and Exeterribia (spelling), the team is filled w srubs.............Jovetic+LIorente?? hmm hmm :bow: They had 20m euro to spend on a top CF + 10-12m euro (of the 27 earned) from sales

agree w/ everything except that most of the bilbao players are scrubs. atletic are a solid team. obviously they have some standouts, but the rest aren't bad players
davidsNC
davidsNC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by lucianomoggi Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:37 am

I am already happy with the market because of ASAMOAH and ISLA transfers

but I would really like to have CAVANI at JUVENTUS so maybe he can help us win CHAMPIONS LEAGUE; I would really loved to

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:00 am

Good discussion so far. A lot of good viewpoints. With everything that has happened this summer, I still feel that jovetic is the best option for us considering price, age, and talent. Llorente and RVP are too much considering price, age, and contract situations. Destro went for way too much. The other options don't appear to be available. So, by default, I go to jovetic and he is the best option considering all factors.

Last edited by Juventude on Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:05 am

okay guys...
i heard some rumors saying that we already signed llorente with 35m but i dont think its true.
2. i believe we should sign jojo too.... llorente is not enough
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:09 am

we should learn it the united(mu) way.. kagawa and rvp both worth 40m pounds... so why not we buy both jove and lllore?
we could sell matri, quags, melo sold, martinez, iaquinta, amauri gone Smile ..
please MARROTTAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i will be so mad if we dont sign a top player/ striker.. cz every summer marrooootta promises a top player but does not deliver. i do not consider vucinic as the top player promised by marrota last season..
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventino89 Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:11 am

The best option would be falcao because he can do everything and is still very young. I heard atletico have money problems so if we offer 40 mil I think he would come. I know it's a lot of money but I think falcao will( if he joins us) repay every penny of it.
Juventino89
Juventino89
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:16 am

Juventino89 wrote:The best option would be falcao because he can do everything and is still very young. I heard atletico have money problems so if we offer 40 mil I think he would come. I know it's a lot of money but I think falcao will( if he joins us) repay every penny of it.
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA NICE JOKE!!! MARROTTA WOULDNT DO IT EVEN IF U THREATEN HIS LIFE.. REMEMBER THE AGUERO SITUATION LAST YEAR?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventino89 Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:22 am

salmano9 wrote:
Juventino89 wrote:The best option would be falcao because he can do everything and is still very young. I heard atletico have money problems so if we offer 40 mil I think he would come. I know it's a lot of money but I think falcao will( if he joins us) repay every penny of it.
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA NICE JOKE!!! MARROTTA WOULDNT DO IT EVEN IF U THREATEN HIS LIFE.. REMEMBER THE AGUERO SITUATION LAST YEAR?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Please tell why would he pay 30mil for jojo but not 10 mil more for a much better player? I know what you mean but he will also never pay 30 mil for jojo as some of you believe. The only rumor I believe is 20mil for llorente. I'm just sayin if moratta would pay 30 mil for jojo he would pay 40 mil for falcao.
Juventino89
Juventino89
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:25 am

No my friend :p... hahahha marrota will not pay more than 20m for both players :p his heart will explode if juve spend more than that on each
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:32 am

We can always promote Boakye and stop the loan from happening that boy is future and we need him
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:34 am

Yep Devi, i see a bright future in Boakye.. he looks promising, but we couldnt rely on him for CL and big matches..
Welcome BAck Smile ..
sidenote:
Do u know why my pic isnt working (in my sig)
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:38 am

salmano9 wrote:Yep Devi, i see a bright future in Boakye.. he looks promising, but we couldnt rely on him for CL and big matches..
Welcome BAck Smile ..
sidenote:
Do u know why my pic isnt working (in my sig)

either u are not using URL or the server took it down
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:02 am

yep, it looks like we are in the same position as we were last year with regards to the strikers.

The rest of the team however, is without a shadow of a doubt, majorly improved. also, the addition of giovinco will help (probably only a bit though) in the attacking department.

Also, i think its clear that Marotta will not go over 25m for a striker. He proved this last year with the aguero saga, and also now with the llorente situation. I think at the end of the day we can trust marotta to make good smart decisions. He might not bring in the sexy name up top that we all want, but I dont really doubt that he will bring in a quality player to serve us in the attacking department...

If i had my choice though, of all the names bandied about, it would probably be Jovetic... such upside, so much left in front of him, and already has Serie A and CL experience... cant really ask for much more.

Cheers!
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:20 am

I just want Jo-Jo no1 else Smile and Llorente why not I really think he is great ST
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down