Off Topic : Should Manchester City Accept Corinthians' E40m Offer For Carlos Tevez?

+3
JAY-Z
kiranr
messixaviesta
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Off Topic : Should Manchester City Accept Corinthians' E40m Offer For Carlos Tevez? Empty Off Topic : Should Manchester City Accept Corinthians' E40m Offer For Carlos Tevez?

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:57 am

I think they should.

Firstly if they are giving E40m unconditionally then let's not forget we purchased David Villa for the same amount and Tevez is not a better or more high profile player than Villa. It's been rumored that Inter Milan are ready to let Wesley Sneijder go for the same price. Then why not Tevez?

Secondly the player doesn't want to play for them any more. There is no point forcing him to stay.

Thirdly the price (approx E60m) that they are asking for is crazy. No one would pay that considering his age and his overall qualities. Eventually they may lose out on a good business opportunity.

Fourthly they need to sell some players because they are really swimming against the tie considering the financial fair play rules.

Fifthly the sooner they sell the sooner they can buy. Juventus have supposedly dropped out of the Sergio Aguero race. Real Madrid are unsure and Atletico don't want to give him to their biggest rivals. Barcelona are showing no interest. He is Manchester City's for the taking at the moment. He can't quite be the one man army that Tevez is capable of being but given quality players around him which ManCity cane easily provide his extraordinary talent can make a big difference. He seems to be an excellent player who is now on the threshold of becoming one of the best players in the world.

What do you all think about it?

Also what do you all think about Inter Milan supposedly ready to sell Wesley Sneijder to Manchester United for E40m? Do you think it's a good idea from Inter's perspective? What about Sneijder's perspective? What about ManUtd's perspective?

Lastly what do you think of Manchester City's supposed E25m offer for Samir Nasri? Isn't that a huge amount for a player in the last year of his contract? Shouldn't Arsenal accept what seems to be a good business deal?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Off Topic : Should Manchester City Accept Corinthians' E40m Offer For Carlos Tevez? Empty Re: Off Topic : Should Manchester City Accept Corinthians' E40m Offer For Carlos Tevez?

Post by kiranr Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:22 am

Yes, Manchester City should sell Tevez to Corinthians provided there is no one else in the market interested in Tevez.

If he goes to Corinthians, he will be close to his family and the football in South America will suit Tevez and hopefully we will be able to see a player we once loved because of his dribbling skills. He was really good in WC 06.

But clubs like Juventus can use Tevez to bolster the competitiveness of their squad. Consdering he will be Italy, i am assuming he will not feel as homesick as he is feeling in UK. This also allows him to continue playing in one of the most elite leagues in the world. Going to the Brazilian league will be a step down in my opinion.

Of course, form Manchester City's perspective, they can buy Aguero and he is there for the taking. He will fit in well with the likes of Silva and Balotelli. Although, will Aguero play as a lone striker, or will he play with Dzeko? I am not too sure about the partnership between Dzeko and Aguero.

Whatever happens, i see very few negatives in Tevez leaving Manchester City.

kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Off Topic : Should Manchester City Accept Corinthians' E40m Offer For Carlos Tevez? Empty Re: Off Topic : Should Manchester City Accept Corinthians' E40m Offer For Carlos Tevez?

Post by JAY-Z Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:56 am

Tevez is worth 40 m and higher TBH, but they should sell him because he doesnt wants to play for them anymore, in any other case NO.
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:58 am

kiran, thanks for a wonderful reply. I pretty much agree with everything. The only problem is that Juventus have been unwilling to pay Aguero's price and Tevez's price is even higher. In fact if they are willing to pay that much then might as well go for Aguero instead of Tevez because he is one for the future.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:00 am

I agree metinsk. If Tevez wanted to stay then they should have never sold him. He has been the life blood of ManCity for the last two years.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:30 am

I agree that Aguero has more potential and will be a better signing than Tevez. But Tevez has a way of lifting the spirits of a team with his undying spirit and energy. A club like Juventus can greatly benefit from such a quality.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:19 pm

I agree completely with that kiran. It's worth considering but only if he is genuinely interested in moving to Italy. As of now it seems Juventus have decided that it's Giuseppe Rossi they are going to sign.

What are your views about the other two potential deals I mentioned i.e. Wesley Sneijder to Manchester United and Samir Nasri to Manchester City? How far do you think it is worth it considering the perspective of all concerned parties?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:53 pm

Sneijder to Manchester United is a good move from both United's and Sneijder's perspective. Sneijder would slot in Scholes position easily.

I dont know how Inter Milan are going to manage though. Do they have a replacement?

Nasri to Manchester City is good for City. It might be good for Nasri too as he can link with Silva, Balotelli etc. He does not even have to defend (which i know he does not) considering the defensive midfielders City have.

Again, Arsenal will miss him slightly due to his dribbling ability. However, they have the players to replace Nasri to some extent.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:32 pm

kiran, thanks for the reply. I agree about the Nasri to ManCity part.

As for Sneijder to ManUtd, why does Inter Milan want to sell Sneijder? What is this talk about him not fitting into the new coach's 3-4-3 formation? First of all, of what use is a formation that throws the team's most creative player out? Secondly Sneijder is versatile and can play in deeper midfield or even left midfield.

If Sneijder does move to ManUtd and win EPL then he would have won league titles in all of Spain, Italy and England. Do you or anyone else know any other player in football history who has done that?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:49 pm

I think they should because realistically, what other team will take him ? Nobody wants him because they cannot meet the wage demands that Manchester City are giving to him and once the big teams like Barcelona, Real Madrid, Inter, AC Milan, Chelsea, etc. do not approach you for a big money signing, there are very, very, very few who will satisfy you either partially or in full.

In short, yes.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:54 pm

From City's perspective, I'm not sure they should sell. Carlos Tevez is the backbone of the team, sell such a pillar and you'll be back to be challenging for the top 4 rather than the title.

From Tevez' perspective he's not going to get a better chance to leave.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:29 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:I think they should because realistically, what other team will take him ? Nobody wants him because they cannot meet the wage demands that Manchester City are giving to him and once the big teams like Barcelona, Real Madrid, Inter, AC Milan, Chelsea, etc. do not approach you for a big money signing, there are very, very, very few who will satisfy you either partially or in full.

In short, yes.

I agree man. Your comments make very good sense.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:32 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:From City's perspective, I'm not sure they should sell. Carlos Tevez is the backbone of the team, sell such a pillar and you'll be back to be challenging for the top 4 rather than the title.

From Tevez' perspective he's not going to get a better chance to leave.

I agree about Tevez's perspective. As for ManC's perspective it's a little difficult. Having a disgruntled player is normally a bad idea but we are talking about Carlos Tevez here who can't help sweating his heart out for his team every time. Hence perhaps they can still get something out of him. Overall though it's better to let a player leave who clearly has his mind somewhere else. Also they are unlikely to be offered such a huge price by anyone else.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:33 am

So anyone wants to explain why Inter Milan want to sell Wesley Sneijder and what are your views about their line of thought?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:55 pm

messixaviesta wrote:I agree about Tevez's perspective. As for ManC's perspective it's a little difficult. Having a disgruntled player is normally a bad idea but we are talking about Carlos Tevez here who can't help sweating his heart out for his team every time. Hence perhaps they can still get something out of him. Overall though it's better to let a player leave who clearly has his mind somewhere else. Also they are unlikely to be offered such a huge price by anyone else.
But why should they sell just because they got a good offer? This is City we're talking about, they don't exactly need more money. Replacing Tevez would cost them dearly too, say with someone like Aguero, so overall they would lose in my opinion. Also, Tevez might bitch and moan but he did that in the previous transfer season as well and then he played a great season. He's a professional and will give his best wherever he is.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:56 pm

messixaviesta wrote:So anyone wants to explain why Inter Milan want to sell Wesley Sneijder and what are your views about their line of thought?
Didn't Branca state that Sneijder is not for sale and Ferguson that they're not interested in him?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:17 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
But why should they sell just because they got a good offer? This is City we're talking about, they don't exactly need more money. Replacing Tevez would cost them dearly too, say with someone like Aguero, so overall they would lose in my opinion. Also, Tevez might bitch and moan but he did that in the previous transfer season as well and then he played a great season. He's a professional and will give his best wherever he is.

Fair enough.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:19 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Didn't Branca state that Sneijder is not for sale and Ferguson that they're not interested in him?

It's being widely reported that a E40m deal has already been agreed. Shocked

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by larisano Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:11 am

If there is one team that can punish Tevez for his disgusting behaviour, it is Man City. I read a story where he used missing his daughters as an excuse to leave and miss training and instead went to Spain for vacation. So what is really truthful about his reason this time? I am tempted to say bench him for a full season just for the sake of it because he seems to be abusing Player Power. I had sympathy and love for him when he was not signed by ManU, but now I hope his career gets ruined for this stance, and they sign Aguero in any case.
As for Wes Sneijder, I think if the deal goes through, it is only because ManU have been pushed to sign a creative MF and with Nasri out, and Modric even higher priced than Sneijder, the Mancs had no other choice. On his integration, I think Sneijder would suit Mancs Counter style perfectly.
larisano
larisano
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:28 am

What's so disgusting about wanting to change teams? Rolling Eyes
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:36 am

city rejected 35m bid from Corinthians

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by larisano Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:54 am

Its not just merely changing teams, it is the reasons he gives that seem fake. There hasn't been a single report saying he is wanted out by City either, nor has there been a chase for him by the other BIG teams in Europe.
larisano
larisano
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:01 am

lari, I agree with your views about Sneijder. My one question that remains is why does Inter Milan want to sell him? Can you see them benefiting in any way from that?

Now as for Tevez I agree with you to some extent. He has acquired a reputation of being a moaner. He finds too many problems wheerever he goes and changes clubs too often. Ideally he should have worked out his priorities long before he signed long contracts. I too had sympathy for him when he was benched at ManUtd but since then not so much. However if he is ready to go to Corinthians, then I can accept that his family is a priority for him and for such a huge offer, ManCity should let him go. At the same time I think that if Real Madrid or Inter Milan were to call him, he is likely to change his mind again. No top club is interested in paying such a huge price for him. He is a very good player but not quite in the top ten players in the world or something like that. At this point I think it's in the best interest of all parties to accept the offer from Corinthians.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:07 pm

messixaviesta wrote:lari, I agree with your views about Sneijder. My one question that remains is why does Inter Milan want to sell him? Can you see them benefiting in any way from that?

Now as for Tevez I agree with you to some extent. He has acquired a reputation of being a moaner. He finds too many problems wheerever he goes and changes clubs too often. Ideally he should have worked out his priorities long before he signed long contracts. I too had sympathy for him when he was benched at ManUtd but since then not so much. However if he is ready to go to Corinthians, then I can accept that his family is a priority for him and for such a huge offer, ManCity should let him go. At the same time I think that if Real Madrid or Inter Milan were to call him, he is likely to change his mind again. No top club is interested in paying such a huge price for him. He is a very good player but not quite in the top ten players in the world or something like that. At this point I think it's in the best interest of all parties to accept the offer from Corinthians.
I believe if Inter sell Sneijder, they'll buy Pastore

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:32 pm

They bought Alvarez, who is Pastore with a left leg.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next