Who will be the next Manchester United manager?

+33
Blue
BarcaLearning
ExtremistEnigma
The Legend
donttreadonred
Freeza
DeviAngel
jibers
vizkosity
Tomwin Lannister
TenMenWonTheLeague
RED
The Franchise
futbol
Robespierre
Lupi
The_Badger
Busby Babe
iftikhar
B-Mac
RealGunner
M99
BeautifulGame
Art Morte
Mr Nick09
Highburied
LeBéninois
Zero
Rebaño Sagrado
Hapless_Hans
urbaNRoots
Onyx
37 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Who will be the next Manchester United manager?

Who will be the next Manchester United manager? - Page 3 Vote_lcap68%Who will be the next Manchester United manager? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 68% 
[ 25 ]
Who will be the next Manchester United manager? - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%Who will be the next Manchester United manager? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Who will be the next Manchester United manager? - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%Who will be the next Manchester United manager? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Who will be the next Manchester United manager? - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Who will be the next Manchester United manager? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who will be the next Manchester United manager? - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Who will be the next Manchester United manager? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
Who will be the next Manchester United manager? - Page 3 Vote_lcap16%Who will be the next Manchester United manager? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 6 ]
Who will be the next Manchester United manager? - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%Who will be the next Manchester United manager? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 37

Who will be the next Manchester United manager? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who will be the next Manchester United manager?

Post by M99 Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:33 am

Manchester United have moved to distance themselves from rumours emanating from the Netherlands that Louis van Gaal has been appointed the club's new manager.

The current Netherlands boss has been heavily linked with succeeding David Moyes at Old Trafford, with Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf reporting on Saturday that a deal has already been agreed.

Ryan Giggs has been handed the reins for the final four games of the season, and although former boss Sir Alex Ferguson backs him for the permanent job, Van Gaal remains the hot favourite.

However, a spokesman for United denied the reports, stating: "There is nothing to report. We have not signed a new manager. When we have something to announce, we will announce it."

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Who will be the next Manchester United manager? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who will be the next Manchester United manager?

Post by Freeza Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:05 pm

SAF shouldn't be allowed to pick any more managers tbh, wasn't he the one who handpicked Moyes? Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:04 pm

jibers wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Long term option? rofl

let me break this for you Laughing

Welcome to the "my manager is there for 2-3 years, 4 years is a miracle" world.

Long term Laughing

Laughing

Yup, SAF will never happen again. I really don't understand this whole long term obsession tbh.
Really? You don't understand why a team would want a "long term" option? Oh, I don't know... consistency in system, approach, player recruitment, long-term growth, etc. Not to mention that you don't have to pay-off the out-going manager.

I'm not sold on Val Gaal as the "perfect fit for United" argument. It's true that he's an experienced manager, who has already won everything. However, as many have already pointed out, he's no long-term option. It would seem that United are very much inclined to try to find a manager that will come in and set up something resembling the structure, consistency, and eventual success of Ferguson. I think the ManU management were willing to put up with a "down" season, just not quite the lows that Moyes masterminded in his 10-month tenure.

To be perfectly honest, I would go for someone slightly less experienced (not hard when we're talking about a resume like Va Gaal's), but with a better track record of loyalty/tenure (or more ties to the United brand).

My first thought for the job was Laurent Blanc. (Though, he may have ruled himself out already.) He has the pedigree: big clubs, European competition, managing egos, international management, and even experience coming into a volatile situation with the French national team. He’s tactically astute, and he is capable of playing fast-paced, exciting football. Moreover, he already has ties with the club.

Now, if the United management wanted to go in a slightly different direction, one left-field option could be Neil Lennon. He’s young (42) and driven, with the best years of his managerial career ahead of him. However, he’s already accustomed to winning things and managing a club that has regularly topped the Scottish table (no comment on the competition); he’s comfortable managing multiple competitions, including CL; and he’s British (born in Northern Ireland). If Lennon were to come in (assuming a certain degree of success), United could write off the managerial position for the next 10 years. That sort of stability could give United a chance to establish their identity in the “post-Fergie” years.  

Obviously, it would be another risk to appoint a manager of Lennon’s age and experience (the Scottish League just isn’t what it used to be). However, he does fit the profile painted by the rhetoric from United’s board over the past year. Let me be clear, I fully expect Van Gaal to get the job, at this point. I’m just unsure if he is anything more than a temporary stop-gap, brought in to “steady the ship”.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:00 pm

Manchester United have played down a report that Louis van Gaal has agreed to become the club's new manager.

The Netherlands coach, 62, has been the bookmakers' favourite to replace David Moyes since his sacking on Tuesday.

Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf reported he has signed a deal with United but the club have denied the claim.

"There is nothing to report," a spokesman said. "We have not signed a new manager. When we have something to report, we will announce it."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27170531

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Legend Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:08 pm

Antonio Conte of Juventus emerges as a dark horse in Manchester United's hunt for a manager

Exclusive: Juventus's Antonio Conte is emerging as a rival to Louis van Gaal, Carlo Ancelotti and Diego Simeone as Manchester United seek a new manager

Antonio Conte has emerged as a dark horse in the race to be the next Manchester United manager after being sounded out about the job.
But favourites Louis van Gaal and Carlo Ancelotti have been given a boost by claims that former United manager Sir Alex Ferguson favours an appointment that would allow caretaker Ryan Giggs to take full charge in three years.

Ferguson is also said to be keen for Gary Neville to become part of the Class of ’92 coaching set-up at Old Trafford, with Giggs, Nicky Butt, Paul Scholes and brother Phil.
Van Gaal, Ancelotti and Diego Simeone remain the top candidates to permanently succeed David Moyes. Conte, in charge of Juventus, has been spoken to and is being considered as an alternative option by executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward.

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10786629/Antonio-Conte-of-Juventus-emerges-as-a-dark-horse-in-Manchester-Uniteds-hunt-for-a-manager.html

Further story on the subject: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10787377/Antonio-Conte-wanted-by-Manchester-United-as-David-Moyess-replacement-profile-of-the-Juventus-manager.html

The Legend
The Legend
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:23 pm

Why has no one mentioned AVB so far? Would fit in like a hand in a glove tbh.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by 1991 Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:59 am

I hope they win all their remaining games 4-0 and give Giggs a 6 year contract  Laughing 
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:51 am

IT was clear the players just didnt want to perform though and Norwich being crap atm I wouldnt be too happy just yet. Still, quite incredible to see Giggs managing the team now, so soon especially that hes still playing occasionally.

VG is a big authorative manager.... who have both failed and succeeded, should be interesting...

Oh and LOL @ Moyes initial 5 or 6 year deal it was  Laughing 
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:15 am

If United are smart they would throw a lot of money at Klopp or Simeone to leave their beloved clubs.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:23 am

Managers often show lot more loyalty than players.So doubt just throwing money at Simone or Klopp will let them leave BVB or AM
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:19 am

Everyone's got their price, but managers need to think about job security, too. Klopp, for instance, is very secure at Dortmund. If he joined United and it didn't work out for him and was sacked after a season, then it might have been better to stay at Dortmund.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:41 pm

Louis van Gaal is remaining coy on talk that he is poised to become Manchester United's new manager.

Widespread reports have suggested that van Gaal is the leading contender to replace David Moyes at Old Trafford after leading Holland at this summer's World Cup finals.

United have denied suggestions that they have already agreed a deal with Dutchman van Gaal and insist they have yet to identify a new manager.

Ryan Giggs has been named interim manager until a new boss is found and the United legend got off to a winning start in his first game in charge with a resounding 4-0 victory over Norwich on Saturday.

There have been question marks over the suitability of van Gaal for the United job due to his age, but the 62-year-old insists that would not be an issue for him taking over at Old Trafford.

"Am I young enough for the job? I think you can see that in my CV," van Gaal is quoted as saying in The Sun.

Former Ajax, Barcelona and Bayern Munich coach van Gaal also denied reports that he met with United owners the Glazer family, prior to the departure of Moyes saying: "No I didn't meet them."

Backing

Meanwhile, van Gaal's Holland assistant Patrick Kluivert, believes the manager would be perfect for Manchester United.

"He would be absolutely the first pick of any club, especially top teams everywhere in the world," Kluivert told Talksport.

"He likes to let young players make their debut if ready for it.

"The most important thing at the moment is I'm personally enjoying working with him and with the Dutch national team. We're going to the World Cup and hope to do well."

Former Newcastle striker Kluivert has been tipped to join van Gaal at Old Trafford should he be named United's new manager and Kluivert admits he would be honoured to work with his fellow Dutchman at club level.

"Sure I would (do the job) wherever in the world because I love working with him," he said.

"It doesn't matter what club it will be if he asks me to join him, I would be absolutely honoured to be on his side."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:36 am

Shocked :facepalm: 
Van Gaal not even there yet and CDS already linked him with strootman and kroos
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun May 04, 2014 5:19 am

Sunderland beat Manchester Utd away 0-1 for the first time since 1968!

#bringbackmoyes
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun May 04, 2014 5:21 am

Last edited by Red Alert on Sun May 04, 2014 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun May 04, 2014 6:46 am

Moyes not so shit afterward?  Laughing 
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Sun May 04, 2014 6:48 am

moyes shit

giggs shit

am i correct?

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue May 06, 2014 8:33 pm

Manchester United offered Ancelotti €18m a year to become their next manager, however Ancelotti refused and said he is happy at Real Madrid, according to El Confidencial. It would have made him the highest paid manager ever.

http://www.elconfidencial.com/deportes/futbol/2014-05-06/ancelotti-renuncia-a-18-millones-de-euros-del-manchester-united-por-el-real-madrid_125768/

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue May 06, 2014 11:01 pm

Money was never a factor with Carletto as United need to do their research in seeing what entices him; though difficult given Real Madrid is a far more attractive prospect to manage.

What has Carlo stay if he is in harmony with the upper hierarchy and actually promised a long term project. Simple stuff.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu May 08, 2014 5:57 am

Louis van Gaal has told BBC Sport he wants to become the new manager of Manchester United.

The 62-year-old Netherlands boss has been the overwhelming favourite for the role since the dismissal of David Moyes on 22 April.

"I would love the job," said Van Gaal. "I hope that I shall be the one. It's the biggest club in the world and it's a fantastic challenge."

It is anticipated United will confirm the appointment early next week.

With Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola and his Borussia Dortmund counterpart Jurgen Klopp ruled out of the running in the very early stages, interim boss Ryan Giggs deemed too inexperienced and Carlo Ancelotti's position at Real Madrid made more secure by the Spanish giants reaching the Champions League final, Van Gaal has become the front-runner.

But despite the huge speculation surrounding him, the Dutchman is refusing to accept the job is his.

"You (the media) are thinking I'm the man but the most important thing is whether Manchester United are thinking that," he said.

"You have to wait and see what the club decides. It's always the same - it's always a process and you have to wait for the process, the press are always too fast."

Van Gaal will not be free to join United until after the World Cup.
Play media

And it is clear he is not willing to allow discussion over his future to interfere with his plans for Brazil, having failed to qualify for the 2002 tournament in his first spell with the Netherlands.

"I have to focus on my job," he said. "I am coach of the Dutch national team. I have waited a long time to be in a World Cup so that's very important.

"This doesn't affect me. I have always had offers. I know what the football world is and what it means."

United had already ruled out any formal announcement this week.
That timescale may have something to do with a planned meeting on Friday between Giggs and executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward for discussions about the Welshman's future.

The 40-year-old has yet to accept any coaching position with the Old Trafford outfit and, after introducing himself as a second-half substitute against Hull, he revealed it was still to be decided whether he would extend his playing career by another year.

Giggs has already ruled out the possibility of playing for another club, meaning his 963rd appearance for his United could turn out to be his last.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27299709

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed May 14, 2014 6:28 pm

Giggs was spotted in Noordwjik, Netherlands today. It is where Louis van Gaal is.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnmzF3gIQAAYqKY.jpg

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu May 15, 2014 3:50 am

van Gaal could be unveiled as manager soon.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/next-manchester-united-manager-louis-3542246

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu May 15, 2014 4:21 am

It'll be LvG for sure.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu May 15, 2014 1:07 pm

Manchester United could make van Gaal manager as early as today, according to Sky Sports.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu May 15, 2014 1:41 pm

Manchester United might not make an announcement until next week, according to Sky Sports.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu May 15, 2014 2:30 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Manchester United could make van Gaal manager as early as today, according to Sky Sports.

Yohan Modric wrote:Manchester United might not make an announcement until next week, according to Sky Sports.

No one has a frigging clue....because United don't have a clue. Wish they would announce the worse kept secret in football atm and then let everyone focus on their business.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next