EL Patron
Chumlum
Sina
Raptorgunner
RealGunner
52 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by sportsczy Wed 14 May 2014, 23:54

Actually, Arsenal should be looking at 50 mil or maybe even more.  You're going to get Man U, Juve and Liverpool (assuming Suarez is the one to go to Madrid) that are going to jump in.  Since Benz is going to be the only top striker out there, there will be a bidding war.

I hope Wenger just accepts the market price and Arsenal take him.  Arsenal immediately becomes a title contender.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by MJ Wed 14 May 2014, 23:56

REWB wrote:benz,
vela,
schnederlin,
serge aurier

would be a great summer though.

I think this + a backup GK is the kind of summer we're craving.

Doesn't rock our squad too much but brings in enough newbies to stir up competition and add depth and quality because one of the newbies would be Benzy.

But having two French strikers competing to see who could cause more off-field controversy could be pretty tiresome hmm

I'd love to sign another quality Madrid player. It was just so fun to watch the Madridistas absolutely lose their sh*t when we signed Özil. Plus Benzema has to be the best striker available in terms of quality, age, realistic availability etc.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed 14 May 2014, 23:57

Benzema >> Higuain

Imo Benzema is definitely worth £35m and beyond but Higuain wasn't.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed 14 May 2014, 23:58

Benz is >>>>>> than Giroud. If it's a problem, sell Giroud ffs and don't even think about it.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed 14 May 2014, 23:59

Benzema is worth 40m+ easily.

Benzema
Vela
Aurier/some other RB
Schneiderlen/ some other DM or Regista
GK if Fabianski leaves
a young CB

best summer ever

but let's be real

Vela
Aurier
Boriello
Luca Toni is what we getting
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu 15 May 2014, 00:01

Higuain was worth £32m to Real Madrid and that's all what matters. No one relevant in the football world cares about Wenger's valuation of players.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu 15 May 2014, 00:03

Geoff says Vela stuff is apparently just paper talk. We'll see how it develops.

Honestly, we shouldn't mess about trying to get Benzema for his supposed value, because simply put, we need a forward of his quality and not getting him and signing the cheaper, not-as-good alternative could be the difference between winning a title and not winning a title. Wenger can't talk about how we're lacking in offensive potential in comparison to City and Liverpool and then turn his nose up at a top class striker because he'd cost too much.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu 15 May 2014, 00:25

--------------------Szczesny---------------------
-----------Mertesacker---------Koscielny----------
----Ramsey-------Diaby----Cazorla---------Wilshere
---------------Ozil---------Oxlade-----------------
-------Walcott---------Benzema--------------------

Can that ever work? hmm
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu 15 May 2014, 00:33

Anyways don't forget that the season ticket renewals are coming in close so these big player rumours will be on the high

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Thu 15 May 2014, 00:40

urbaNRoots wrote:Wenger will chicken out when Perez asks for an extra £10m.

That or he will get a good deal and wait a couple of weeks to sign it. Then after someone else comes in with a better offer we won't get him. Then wait until next year and discuss how Arsenal were ready to sign for him until the price got raised.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu 15 May 2014, 00:44

6unner wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:Wenger will chicken out when Perez asks for an extra £10m.

That or he will get a good deal and wait a couple of weeks to sign it. Then after someone else comes in with a better offer we won't get him. Then wait until next year and discuss how Arsenal were ready to sign for him until the price got raised.

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 19 Wenger-gladiator-800x442
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu 15 May 2014, 00:46

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 19 1176143_590438944348358_1280442320_n
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Thu 15 May 2014, 00:48

RealGunner wrote:--------------------Szczesny---------------------
-----------Mertesacker---------Koscielny----------
----Ramsey-------Diaby----Cazorla---------Wilshere
---------------Ozil---------Oxlade-----------------
-------Walcott---------Benzema--------------------

Can that ever work? hmm

Diaby!

Isn't Diaby supposed to be broken in FIFA 2015

That is kind of like walking through a desert and expecting your class is going to always be full of water.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Thu 15 May 2014, 01:22

I definitely won't hold my breath for a Benzema deal, but really, whenever I see a semi-credible source even mention it, a small part of me is like:

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 19 42_476071
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Thu 15 May 2014, 09:06

Honestly don't feel like benzema is what we need, he is a horrible finisher! Higuain would have been a much better player for us without a doubt.....We suffered this year in the big games and someone to score for us basically and I honestly don't see benzema coming in and scoring 35 goals in a season....it's not who he is.

On Vela it will be the craziest thing if we really have a 4mill pound buy back clause and we don't use it...that would be insane, I would even bring him back and sell podolski if the wage bill is the issue...

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu 15 May 2014, 09:11

https://t.co/iXia9Rz7GM

A much better video of Aurier. I like it that he looks comfortable heading the ball away we need not to lose that atleast, but his crossing looks terrible compared to Sagna's.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Thu 15 May 2014, 11:02

urbaNRoots wrote:https://t.co/iXia9Rz7GM

A much better video of Aurier. I like it that he looks comfortable heading the ball away we need not to lose that atleast, but his crossing looks terrible compared to Sagna's.

lool we have the old sagna back  cheers 
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu 15 May 2014, 11:24

bloodless wrote:Honestly don't feel like benzema is what we need, he is a horrible finisher! Higuain would have been a much better player for us without a doubt.....We suffered this year in the big games and someone to score for us basically and I honestly don't see benzema coming in and scoring 35 goals in a season....it's not who he is.

On Vela it will be the craziest thing if we really have a 4mill pound buy back clause and we don't use it...that would be insane, I would even bring him back and sell podolski if the wage bill is the issue...
You do realize that Benz outscored Higuain in 3 of the 4 years they were in Madrid together (only lower in the first) AND, in terms of efficiency (goals per shots taken), Benz is in the top 5 in Europe over the past 5 years at over 20%.  Don't put so much emphasis on the hating that goes on in GL.  He's a great finisher...  he's just not a pure scorer.  The difference is that he doesn't make pure 9 runs often where he crashes the first or second post etc.  He's more of skilled scorer where he looks for open areas.  So yes, there are better scorers out there in terms of mentality for sure.  But there aren't very many better finishers.  Could he improve on his finishing to become one the top 3 in the world?  Sure.  Every player has areas he can improve upon.  But to say he's anything but a good finisher is ridiculous.

Thing with Benz is that he'll get really hot... like he will outscore even Ronaldo for 2-3 months and he'll almost score on 50% of the shots he takes... and then he'll go completely dry. You just have to know that going in. The great thing though is that he'll always positively impact play because he's such a good passer and creator. Even if he doesn't score, he'll be dangerous. And you don't have to worry about him in big games and the big stage. He's at his best when the event forces him to focus.

Last edited by sportsczy on Thu 15 May 2014, 13:09; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu 15 May 2014, 12:40

Two weeks ago but Aaron Ramsey says he'd one day "fancy" a move to Real or Barca as they're "mouthwatering".

Erm. No, Rambo. No wonder he's been tied down to a new contract.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/03/aaron-ramsey-arsenal
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Thu 15 May 2014, 13:13

Even if Wenger signed:

Benz
Schinederlin
Aurier
Vela
GK

We still won't win the league...or come closer than we just did. It's not so much the personnel that's the problem, it's Wenger's lack of competitative edge against our direct competition.

Wenger has greater flaws than not signing able bodies. His training methods are questionnable. His tactics and strategies are out-dated and predictable. And the entire managerial set-up requires gutting.

I wouldn't get excited one bit by the prospect of signing Benz or anyone else. Similarly to how Ozil papered over cracks, will be the same way how Benz will paper over cracks too.
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu 15 May 2014, 13:25

I disagree. Arsenal was missing three things this season or they would have been champions imo:
- Talented depth to overcome injuries
- That extra quality in the forwards that wins you games even if you're not at your best
- A physical midfield player

Where the top clubs make the difference is in the first 2 areas i mentioned... depth and that extra striking quality.

Could Wenger have been more pragmatic when his teams were injured and he played top sides? Sure. But that's just how Wenger is. He manages like he always has an elite side... and that's why Arsenal is still attractive to so many players despite the club lacking success lately. Arsenal will never play like an underdog team.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Thu 15 May 2014, 14:32

We're still basking in past glory. Stylistically, our football has become les and less attractive. We move the ball much slower. We lack athletiscm as well as pace (bar Walcott).

The three points you raise have been glaring for several season already. We haven't even bothered to properly replace Vieria.

The bigger issue at hand isn't JUST what you highlighted, it's our lack of strategic preparation. We don't adapt our tactics per oppositon. Wenger plays the same hand every time, expecting different results.

For example, stats will show you that an incredibly high number of our first substitutions occur from the 68th minute. As an opposing manager, you'll instantly pick up on this a use it to your advantage. How, I can not tell you, but rest assured managers will/ have picked up on this. Playing Arteta when a game is clearly suited to Flamini.

To sugggest that if the 3 points you mentioned were addressed by Wenger would've crowned us champions is naive. Our problem delve deeper than acquiring players. Wenger's methods are out-dated.
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu 15 May 2014, 14:52

I disagree...  most of the great teams have a clear philosophy by the managers.  Carlo at Madrid, Barca no matter who it is, Pep at Bayern, etc.  For a manager, he can't deviate from his base philosophy other than make small adjustments here and there.

Where Wenger has failed is that he's stubbornly trusted his squad when even a blind squirrel can see that there are areas that need to be addressed.  For example, you can't beat the elite teams unless you control the area in front of your back 4...  it's impossible.  Flamini and Arteta are nice players... but they're not good enough.  Wilshere has guts and plays hard...  but he's tactically completely inept.  He leaves HUGE gaps behind him by making kamikaze runs without paying attention to the shape of the team.  Jenkinson is not good enough.  Giroud is a good backup.  Sanogo was never going to be ready this season.  Diaby is not going to miraculously play many games, etc.

Squad management is a huge problem...  and then the refusal to accept that Arsenal are clear underdogs in certain games due to various reasons.  The only time that a manager should deviate from his system and devise tactics specifically designed for an opponent is if the team needs to compensate to survive.  Wenger doesn't do that and that's my biggest criticism of him.  He overrates his players.

Just as a sidenote... everyone seems to think Walcott is the missing piece.  He's not.  To me, he's an above average player... but nowhere near a difference maker in big games (arsenal's issue).  Ramsey is the one that is a difference maker and whose injury killed Arsenal. If Arsenal add another difference maker to go with Ramsey and Ozil, then the world changes. And again, you need that midfielder that can control the area in front of the back 4.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu 15 May 2014, 15:37

Aurier and Vela are the only players I can see Wenger signing. Money does not change Wenger, he is still the same. Don't really expect much from Wenger anymore. I laugh when I hear Benzema and other top players.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu 15 May 2014, 15:51

Oh come on. Wenger paid up for Ozil. I think he'll do it again this summmer for another player... Madrid seems like a good place to buy :coffee:
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Thu 15 May 2014, 16:18

You're points, in this case, are more specific. However, your second and third paragraph essentially butresses my initial point.

Your first papragraph does not apply to Wenger at all. The aforementioned managers are very successful and their accolades support this. Wenger hasn't won anything since 2005. He is not in a position to make small adjustments, as he'll probably tell you that he's been making small adjustments since 2005...which coincedentally haven't produced anything. It boils down to tactics and strategy. Hence why I say his are out-dated.

For example, When big teams lose to lower teams - and this does happen - a lot of it is the way the lower team's pitch their tent. It could be argued that the bigger teams simply failed to execute their game plan, or just underestimated the oppostion.

Take Utd, for example, the reason they had such a horrid season wasn't because of the personnel. It was because Moyes didn't know how to get the best out of his players. Yet Fergie managed too, months prior. Moyes's strategy were useless. As were his tactics. He had the exact same squad with the additon of Feilllani.

Chelsea were guilty of blowing winnable games. They took good point of top teams like Utd, us and Chelsea. But droppped point to a relegated Norwich etc. Unacceptable considering it was only like 2 weeks ago. They didn't show urdency nor were they able to adapt effectively enough.

Why is it that Wilshere is inept? Arteta isn't good at what he does because he isn't a DM. Flamini is a DM that get's overlooked when his attributes should be utilised as opposed to Arteta's. Teams look at this and know that due to our tactics, all they have to do is pressure Wilshere as he advances forward, box in Arteta, then make them hit it long to Giroud. Jenko and Sanogoal aren't ready. Period. I won't even discuss them lol.

But then there's the issue with playing Cazorla against pressing teams. Playing a deep-line, while Giroud plays so far forward with no runners around him, while we have Gnabry on the bench (This happened a few times). It creates a large gap in the middle of the park. Just examples of our disjointed set-up.

Agree with some of your points, but to say it isn't strategic and tactical...come on, man.

Wenger has overrated his players for ages. And, frankly, there's nothing wrong with that. My main concern is the way he wants them to play knowing full well they aren't capable of doing so.
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next