danyjr
DeletedUser#1
33 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Carletto Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Carletto Appreciation Thread

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:03 pm

Robespierre wrote:
The Legend wrote:Carlo 'Mr. Champion's League' Ancelotti is the king of CL. Hope he wins La decima for Madrid. That would be his third CL trophy as a coach. He also won two CL trophies as a player with Milan. This guy is so much ahead of Mourinho and Guardiola. He was ruling Europe before they come into the scene, and he is still showing them he is the boss.

Big respect to the man with the magical eye-brow.

what? Ancelotti won it in 2003 (coaching from more time . he showed to be good already in Parma 97) , Mourinho in 2004 just one year later

Milan 2003-2007 were by far the strongest team in the CL.

In fact, Carlo still gets criticized for letting two CL titles get away from him (2004, 2005).

Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:04 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:but he destroyed prime bayern, that counts for something dude, and made short work of dortmund nonetheless.

True. Carletto is a legend tbh.

Just needs to win a couple of leagues and he is a GOAT candidate.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:07 pm

Never understood why Abramovich sacked him  scratch

He was also replaced by AVB  Laughing 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:13 pm

Zealous wrote:

Having said that Carlo didn't have to play against Prime Barca, Prime Bayern or Prime Dortmund...

but bayern 2014 > dortmund 2013....no ?
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:15 pm

farfan wrote:
Zealous wrote:

Having said that Carlo didn't have to play against Prime Barca, Prime Bayern or Prime Dortmund...

but bayern 2014 > dortmund 2013....no ?

Well not according to the Kaiser lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:16 pm

Cristiano: "Everything changed with Carlo, he's the reason we made it this far"

Somewhere in London a certain Portuguese coach is suffering
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:20 pm

He's the best in the world and it's not even close. Pep, Maureen, Flopp, Brenton, Conta, Venga, Someone, Rafa, Moyesie, Giggsie, and Luís André de Pina Cabral e Villas-Boas all need to learn from this man. :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:22 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Cristiano: "Everything changed with Carlo, he's the reason we made it this far"

Somewhere in London a certain Portuguese coach is suffering

If the Commander said this then I am #TeamCarlo4Lyfe Molenation
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:23 pm

CR is not stupid, lol, that's the classy way of saying mou is crap and carlo >> mou
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:31 pm

Winning without actually sullying our name..... Now thats something Jose never achieved  Molenation 
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:33 pm

How many rated Ancelotti as the best coach in the world before of this year ... ?
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Legend Thu May 01, 2014 5:33 am

Zealous wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:but he destroyed prime bayern, that counts for something dude, and made short work of dortmund nonetheless.

What? Carlo has won every league he has managed in. He won Serie A with Milan, PL with Chelsea and French league with PSG. This plus the 2 CL titles he won with the Rossoneri makes him the GOAT of coaches. If he wins this season's CL, wow, that gives the the 'grandest of all' legacy.

King Carlo Molenation 
The Legend
The Legend
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu May 01, 2014 5:41 am

Lord Spencer wrote:
Robespierre wrote:
The Legend wrote:Carlo 'Mr. Champion's League' Ancelotti is the king of CL. Hope he wins La decima for Madrid. That would be his third CL trophy as a coach. He also won two CL trophies as a player with Milan. This guy is so much ahead of Mourinho and Guardiola. He was ruling Europe before they come into the scene, and he is still showing them he is the boss.

what? Ancelotti won it in 2003 (coaching from more time . he showed to be good already in Parma 97) , Mourinho in 2004 just one year later

In fact, Carlo still gets criticized for letting two CL titles get away from him (2004, 2005).

2006 as well. Can never understand how you guys lost to Barca at San Siro. So many chances wasted. By far the better team.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Thu May 01, 2014 5:59 am

Even if he fails to get the very important La Decima for Madrid, i wont consider this season anything short of success.Based on interviews and other sources about footy he is a very calm and level headed manager and that helped him to bring unity into Madrid and make them a team again, in comparison Mourinho i think is a bold and outward. Both traits have pro's and cons but well carlo is a legend and i like him as a Roma Legend and as a Manager .
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Thu May 01, 2014 3:03 pm

I hate this real special one crap.
Jose built this team, laid the foundations imo.
Madrid fans have a lot to thank Mourinho for

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu May 01, 2014 3:15 pm

The Legend wrote:
Zealous wrote:

What? Carlo has won every league he has managed in. He won Serie A with Milan, PL with Chelsea and French league with PSG. This plus the 2 CL titles he won with the Rossoneri makes him the GOAT of coaches. If he wins this season's CL, wow, that gives the the 'grandest of all' legacy.

King Carlo Molenation 

Bah m It is a fact he has not same performance in league / CL.

just 1 scudetto won in 10 years coaching Milan and Juventus in Italy , Lazio - Roma - Montpellier - Atletico Madrid ( for me. i don't care about reverse jinx , i am neutral) club with no good tradition  of titles won  in own league  have won the league when he was the main opponent. It is not case

While the Champions League is his real dimension and he is a GOAT in that cup , and he is going to equalize the record made by Bob Paisley for CL won , a  record that resisted since 30 years and neither SAF or Mourinho ( because I understand he must be so underrated here , but he is a great manager) so far have done

just with Chelsea his performance was opposite for Premier/Europe

Credit to one of greatest managers of last 30 years ,but I don't understand why we have to exagerrate tbh

Lord Spencer wrote:
Robespierre wrote:

Ah if you mean " the period , the cycle "   , it's okay.
Anyway I am curious to know how many rated Ancelotti as " the best manager in the world" before of this year.
As always in the football a year you are the king, another year you are " overrated" ( just asking to Mourinho and Klopp ).
I've sensation firstly Real fans preferred Mourinho to Ancelotti just one year ago ...
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu May 01, 2014 3:58 pm

I think hes done amazing this season. Real were having problems after Mou left and its never easy to replace Mou for reasons we all know. He have also had new players come in, given them all time and chances, we see how well Bale is doing already, Carvajal, etc.

The most impressive of late is abl to play 4-4-2 being so good defensively with technical players only, no pure DM alongside Alonso like Mou had to do, he evolved the team in less than 1 season into this effect. Watching players like Modric and Di Maria and Isco and Bale now defending so hard and then able to attack so quickly and effectively, press at the same time, just amazing.

I think its fair to play down to Ancelotti.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu May 01, 2014 4:15 pm

cyberman wrote:I hate this real special one crap.

mourinho left madrid 15 points behind a terrible barcelona ,got his s*** pushed in against dortmund ( who didn't even deserve to go though against malaga ) and lost the copa final to atletico . and you expect us to give him credit for this season's success ?
ancelotti tweaked the team and came up with the appropriate  tactical approach to get the best out of his players .
the 4-3-3 used this season is a good example of this . should we give mourinho credit for the innovative  midfield trio of di maria-alonso-modric  that worked wonders this season ?  i don't think so.
another thing is carlo's flexibility and adaptability . the way he neutralized barça in the copa final with a compact , counter attacking 4-4-2 rarely used by mourinho .....

this madrid season has carletto's touch all over it .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu May 01, 2014 4:30 pm

cyberman wrote:I hate this real special one crap.

uh oh. We are playing nothing like we did under Mourinho
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu May 01, 2014 4:39 pm

not to mention that mourinho didn't have much to do with bringing the current madrid players :

ronaldo-benzema-bale : not signed by mourinho
alonso : not signed by mourinho
di maria : signed by mourinho , but played in a different position
modric : signed by mourinho , rarely used as a starter last season
the back four : not signed by mourinho .

foudation my ass.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu May 01, 2014 4:41 pm

This team is nothing like a Mourinho team. We wouldve hoofed at the first pressing if we were playing under him, instead Xabi and Modric looks and finds a way out of the pressing.We arent even rushing the play like we were in last few years, there is a clear calmness and view installed in these players by Carletto.

Forget that,we arent even playing with a defensive midfielder...how many coaches can defend a team like Bayern Munich with Bale-Xabi-Modric-Di Maria midfield?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu May 01, 2014 4:47 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Carlo has earned my humble respect, he turned our season around like a boss, and accomplished things i could hardly imagine.

We are German Champions, Copa del Rey winner,2nd in la liga, and in CL finals.

Dat open top bus parade to celebrate such a prestigious trophy Proud

rofl

almost as prestigious as Arsenal 4th place trophy imo
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu May 01, 2014 4:53 pm

(Speaking for myself only) I thanked Mourinho for a very much deserved La Liga title and winning the CDR against a legendary Barcelona side. However, that is as far as I would go honestly. The man left us a sinking and rudderless ship that, luckily, we recovered from big time thanks to Carlo fully.

Mourinho fell out with the media, players, fans, other teams' players, managers, poked Tito in the eye very cowardly-like and his own staff. We also lost the league by 15 points to a side that didn't have a real manager for half a season, got beaten to a frazzle by Dortmund and played such dire football along the way.

So what foundation was really left?! Anyway, make no mistake, RM can very much lose the UCL final but at the same time, Carlo deserved all the credit for getting this great club where it is currently.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu May 01, 2014 4:58 pm

farfan wrote:not to mention that mourinho didn't have much to do with bringing the current madrid players :

ronaldo-benzema-bale : not signed by mourinho
alonso : not signed by mourinho
di maria : signed by mourinho , but played in a different position
modric : signed by mourinho , rarely used as a starter last season
the back four : not signed by mourinho .

foudation my ass.
I agree

We had some beautiful counter attacks under him but lets face it, he probably made one goal to himself and that was to destroy tiki taka Barca when he eventually did he left with the mission completed. Any big/semi big team not named Barca we faced destroyed us

Watching our players clueless on how to break up teams like Levante at our own backyard was painful and the worst of all the lack of trust in our kids, I am an advocate for grooming our own Castilla players to play for the first team so I am probably alone in thinking this. The guy said Carvajal wasn't ready (in his words surplus to requirements) and we were linked with ivanovic, he refused to play Jese because he was a 9.6575678887789 in Castilla despite being a winger his whole career, gave some Portuguese scrub his debut over our hard working youngsters despite him being a bench player at Castilla but with Mendes as his agent, he used DiMaria as an extra defender so destroyed his qualities. The moment we played big teams he played that awful 4-3-3 with 3 defensive midfielders, he used to pick fights with our players to the extent he only had 4 friends left in the whole squad before he left. When he left people called our players primadonnas who will never win anything because they drove him out yet this season has been so peacful and we haven't even reached our peak yet

Carlo deserves credit about everything good with this team. He made that 4-3-3 work with balance, put dimaria at cm and so gave a whole new dimension, he proved he could adapt to possession wh*res like Barca and Bayern by countering them to death

he still has/had his mistakes though as he thought we could get through the season with the front three doing no defensive work, he quickly learned and we have defended with 4-4-2 and attacked with 4-3-3 ever since. Now the only thing left is to phase in Illarra as Alonso's successor and he will have my utmost respect

Mourinho will always have my repect for helping us break that last 16 vodoo though so he wasn't ENTIRELY useless

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Thu May 01, 2014 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 01, 2014 5:42 pm

B-Mac wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Carlo has earned my humble respect, he turned our season around like a boss, and accomplished things i could hardly imagine.

We are German Champions, Copa del Rey winner,2nd in la liga, and in CL finals.

Dat open top bus parade to celebrate such a prestigious trophy Proud

rofl

almost as prestigious as Arsenal 4th place trophy imo
do you reckon there will be a parade in manchester if you make it to the europa league?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu May 01, 2014 6:25 pm

Well about dandy *bleep* time.

It seems the halcyon days of that fearsome Milan Carletto built by the grain of his hand was completely lost in the memory of our beloved GoalLegacy members and keep in mind, I will be speaking only of GL members in this post.

His Milan side were legendary, no point further debating that even if it means Carletto blowing it vs Deportivo or contributing to the miracle in Istanbul.

The Chelsea side handed to him were an over-the-hill husks of players with finely aged understanding yet the sinews well past formed into their legs, leaving only grit and muscle memory. After successful first season he then was taken the predicament by Abramovic in playing his new boy toy Torres regardless of how it cost Carletto in the league and the CL respectively yet then being replaced by a green Luís André de Pina Cabral e Villas-Boas.

Within Paris, the inception of the grade of Carlo we had many criticizing the pragmatism of coaching and decisions yet left out the part where he build a tactically juiced side who brought results in a series of consistency and an impressive Champions League campaign. Credit to Blanc for evolving upon what Carlo built magnificently yet Fat Carlo laid the blueprint and it can carry on till the next cycle provided its maintained.

Within Madrid, Carlo being ruled out before he was presented by GL; we saw a tedious start typical of the Antipasti monster yet no cigar of credit to what he did right, GL only pointing out what he did wrong.

Forget the 27+ unbeaten series or how he purged of the cancerous tumour left by his Portuguese predecessor and united a dressing room previously divided, provided identity to the obsolete Di Maria, polished and postured the personality and mentality of Cristiano Ronaldo and formulated Alonso to evolve his game and actually have Luka Modric perform beyond his means and in higher levels. Goes without mention on trusting the youngsters Mourinho expended as collateral; banking upon Carvajal's breakthrough in Leverkusen and Jese's path to stardom, even providing an overlooked Nacho a place to make his bones.

6-7 months down the line we have Carlo's Milan 2.0 (with its obvious variable and variations) that epitomizes consistency that Madrid failed to reach, along with a terrorizing swagger in Europe that has carved a path across the worlds finest teams. The only Madrid fans who've been consistent in their objective praise of Carlo here have been HalaAtletico and MT when he isn't musing awkwardly about philosophies and possessing the ball.

We all are aware of Carlo's league problems despite winning a Serie A title, Ligue 1 title, English Premiership and possibly the Spanish La Liga yet one must also be aware that like the club that forged him in Milan, he creates a reservoir of focus to lay down the gauntlet in winning the most prestigious club tourney in the world, the Champions League.

Any sane tactician at heart will recognize and then encapsulate in their memory of what a devastatingly astute tactician that Carlo is through all his pragmatism and typical Italian stubbornness as overlooking such summits is criminal.

Yes, Carlo may be gaining weight in ludicrously obscene leaps yet his rotund waistline will pail in comparison to what some of my dear GL friends will be feasting on when I serve some homemade and humble crow pie and tapas tonight before the Europa League.

Invitation list:

-Surag
-Nick
-Sports
-Half of Madrilenos here
-Mole
-Ronalessi (who made amends and is already more portly than Carlo from all that pie)
-Interisti
-Jibers
-and the rest.

Audience will be waiting in the form of Hala, Sepi, MT and Milanisti to observe the pie engorgement.

RSVP: Father Tom (He doesn't own a cellphone so..)

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next