danyjr
DeletedUser#1
33 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Carletto Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Carletto Appreciation Thread

Post by Arquitecto Thu May 01, 2014 5:25 pm

Well about dandy *bleep* time.

It seems the halcyon days of that fearsome Milan Carletto built by the grain of his hand was completely lost in the memory of our beloved GoalLegacy members and keep in mind, I will be speaking only of GL members in this post.

His Milan side were legendary, no point further debating that even if it means Carletto blowing it vs Deportivo or contributing to the miracle in Istanbul.

The Chelsea side handed to him were an over-the-hill husks of players with finely aged understanding yet the sinews well past formed into their legs, leaving only grit and muscle memory. After successful first season he then was taken the predicament by Abramovic in playing his new boy toy Torres regardless of how it cost Carletto in the league and the CL respectively yet then being replaced by a green Luís André de Pina Cabral e Villas-Boas.

Within Paris, the inception of the grade of Carlo we had many criticizing the pragmatism of coaching and decisions yet left out the part where he build a tactically juiced side who brought results in a series of consistency and an impressive Champions League campaign. Credit to Blanc for evolving upon what Carlo built magnificently yet Fat Carlo laid the blueprint and it can carry on till the next cycle provided its maintained.

Within Madrid, Carlo being ruled out before he was presented by GL; we saw a tedious start typical of the Antipasti monster yet no cigar of credit to what he did right, GL only pointing out what he did wrong.

Forget the 27+ unbeaten series or how he purged of the cancerous tumour left by his Portuguese predecessor and united a dressing room previously divided, provided identity to the obsolete Di Maria, polished and postured the personality and mentality of Cristiano Ronaldo and formulated Alonso to evolve his game and actually have Luka Modric perform beyond his means and in higher levels. Goes without mention on trusting the youngsters Mourinho expended as collateral; banking upon Carvajal's breakthrough in Leverkusen and Jese's path to stardom, even providing an overlooked Nacho a place to make his bones.

6-7 months down the line we have Carlo's Milan 2.0 (with its obvious variable and variations) that epitomizes consistency that Madrid failed to reach, along with a terrorizing swagger in Europe that has carved a path across the worlds finest teams. The only Madrid fans who've been consistent in their objective praise of Carlo here have been HalaAtletico and MT when he isn't musing awkwardly about philosophies and possessing the ball.

We all are aware of Carlo's league problems despite winning a Serie A title, Ligue 1 title, English Premiership and possibly the Spanish La Liga yet one must also be aware that like the club that forged him in Milan, he creates a reservoir of focus to lay down the gauntlet in winning the most prestigious club tourney in the world, the Champions League.

Any sane tactician at heart will recognize and then encapsulate in their memory of what a devastatingly astute tactician that Carlo is through all his pragmatism and typical Italian stubbornness as overlooking such summits is criminal.

Yes, Carlo may be gaining weight in ludicrously obscene leaps yet his rotund waistline will pail in comparison to what some of my dear GL friends will be feasting on when I serve some homemade and humble crow pie and tapas tonight before the Europa League.

Invitation list:

-Surag
-Nick
-Sports
-Half of Madrilenos here
-Mole
-Ronalessi (who made amends and is already more portly than Carlo from all that pie)
-Interisti
-Jibers
-and the rest.

Audience will be waiting in the form of Hala, Sepi, MT and Milanisti to observe the pie engorgement.

RSVP: Father Tom (He doesn't own a cellphone so..)

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu May 01, 2014 5:31 pm

farfan wrote:
cyberman wrote:I hate this real special one crap.
Jose built this team, laid the foundations imo.
Madrid fans have a lot to thank Mourinho for

mourinho left madrid 15 points behind a terrible barcelona ,got his s*** pushed in against dortmund ( who didn't even deserve to go though against malaga ) and lost the copa final to atletico . and you expect us to give him credit for this season's success ?
ancelotti tweaked the team and came up with the appropriate  tactical approach to get the best out of his players .
the 4-3-3 used this season is a good example of this . should we give mourinho credit for the innovative  midfield trio of di maria-alonso-modric  that worked wonders this season ?  i don't think so.
another thing is carlo's flexibility and adaptability . the way  he neutralized barça in the copa final with a compact , counter attacking 4-4-2 rarely used by mourinho .....

this madrid season has carletto's touch all over it .

I think Cyberman was referring to the fact that Real was knocked out for 7 years in a row  to " Round of 16 " before of Mourinho  in Champions League . Incredible " nothingness"  considering we are talking about Real Madrid , the most winning club in this cup , not Villaereal  ( oh, although at least  the Submarine Amarillo reached a semi-final in 2006) Real under Mourinho got 3 semi-finals in a row, and if it's  of course true the semi-final don't give cups , It is also true that achieve certain results helps to grow, to build a mentality and an awareness of own strengths. just looking at Chelsea, even when they are not in their better years they find find the strength to pass rounds as it was for 2012, cup won under Di Matteo.
 I notice RM fans tend always to forget their period 2004-2010 in Europe althought I can also understand it ...

then about the fact that this is a different Real and credit to Ancelotti for this I am absolutely agreed with you (considering also Mesut Ozil sold )

Always believed to Decima this year and I said also Real Madrid would have knocked out Bayern

Last edited by Robespierre on Thu May 01, 2014 5:35 pm; edited 4 times in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 01, 2014 5:32 pm

Don't see anything i ever said about him is wrong though Arq....

I never claimed he was a crap coach, on the contrary i said he's fantastic at cups and CL competition.... there's very few better.

I never said otherwise, i said his style does not relate to consistent league success and it doesn't.... now please correct me if i'm wrong but isn't it very likely that he won't win the league this year?

In fact if you go back to the beginning of the season i said i wouldn't be surprised if goes all the way in the CL( tbf i did not expect him to do it but i wouldn't have been surprised) but he won't win the league.

I'm not making this up and i said it many times, so it should be easy to find the sufficient quotes.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu May 01, 2014 5:35 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
B-Mac wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Dat open top bus parade to celebrate such a prestigious trophy Proud

rofl

almost as prestigious as Arsenal 4th place trophy imo
do you reckon there will be a parade in manchester if you make it to the europa league?

At least he doesn't glory support 2 clubs  Wink 
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu May 01, 2014 5:36 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Don't see anything i ever said about him is wrong though Arq....

I never claimed he was a crap coach, on the contrary i said he's fantastic at cups and CL competition.... there's very few better.

I never said otherwise, i said his style does not relate to consistent league success and it doesn't.... now please correct me if i'm wrong but isn't it very likely that he won't win the league this year?

In fact if you go back to the beginning of the season i said i wouldn't be surprised if goes all the way in the CL( tbf i did not expect him to do it but i wouldn't have been surprised) but he won't win the league.

I'm not making this up and i said it many times, so it should be easy to find the sufficient quotes.

Mole its me, you needn't find quotes to prove your words. My memory might be failing me as its been 6+ years knowing you so I may just be guilty of spilling the water over the bucket with all the opinions you've gathered through years regarding our topics.

I just simply want you to enjoy the crow pie as it is, after all the toiling.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu May 01, 2014 5:38 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
B-Mac wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Dat open top bus parade to celebrate such a prestigious trophy Proud

rofl

do you reckon there will be a parade in manchester if you make it to the europa league?

Liverpool bottling the league is more likely, so there might be a parade for that :coffee:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu May 01, 2014 5:39 pm

Arquitescu wrote:Well about dandy *bleep* time.

It seems the halcyon days of that fearsome Milan Carletto built by the grain of his hand was completely lost in the memory of our beloved GoalLegacy members and keep in mind, I will be speaking only of GL members in this post.

His Milan side were legendary, no point further debating that even if it means Carletto blowing it vs Deportivo or contributing to the miracle in Istanbul.

The Chelsea side handed to him were an over-the-hill husks of players with finely aged understanding yet the sinews well past formed into their legs, leaving only grit and muscle memory. After successful first season he then was taken the predicament by Abramovic in playing his new boy toy Torres regardless of how it cost Carletto in the league and the CL respectively yet then being replaced by a green Luís André de Pina Cabral e Villas-Boas.

Within Paris, the inception of the grade of Carlo we had many criticizing the pragmatism of coaching and decisions yet left out the part where he build a tactically juiced side who brought results in a series of consistency and an impressive Champions League campaign. Credit to Blanc for evolving upon what Carlo built magnificently yet Fat Carlo laid the blueprint and it can carry on till the next cycle provided its maintained.

Within Madrid, Carlo being ruled out before he was presented by GL; we saw a tedious start typical of the Antipasti monster yet no cigar of credit to what he did right, GL only pointing out what he did wrong.

Forget the 27+ unbeaten series or how he purged of the cancerous tumour left by his Portuguese predecessor and united a dressing room previously divided, provided identity to the obsolete Di Maria, polished and postured the personality and mentality of Cristiano Ronaldo and formulated Alonso to evolve his game and actually have Luka Modric perform beyond his means and in higher levels. Goes without mention on trusting the youngsters Mourinho expended as collateral; banking upon Carvajal's breakthrough in Leverkusen and Jese's path to stardom, even providing an overlooked Nacho a place to make his bones.

6-7 months down the line we have Carlo's Milan 2.0 (with its obvious variable and variations) that epitomizes consistency that Madrid failed to reach, along with a terrorizing swagger in Europe that has carved a path across the worlds finest teams. The only Madrid fans who've been consistent in their objective praise of Carlo here have been HalaAtletico and MT when he isn't musing awkwardly about philosophies and possessing the ball.

We all are aware of Carlo's league problems despite winning a Serie A title, Ligue 1 title, English Premiership and possibly the Spanish La Liga yet one must also be aware that like the club that forged him in Milan, he creates a reservoir of focus to lay down the gauntlet in winning the most prestigious club tourney in the world, the Champions League.

Any sane tactician at heart will recognize and then encapsulate in their memory of what a devastatingly astute tactician that Carlo is through all his pragmatism and typical Italian stubbornness as overlooking such summits is criminal.

Yes, Carlo may be gaining weight in ludicrously obscene leaps yet his rotund waistline will pail in comparison to what some of my dear GL friends will be feasting on when I serve some homemade and humble crow pie and tapas tonight before the Europa League.

Invitation list:

-Surag
-Nick
-Sports
-Half of Madrilenos here
-Mole
-Ronalessi (who made amends and is already more portly than Carlo from all that pie)
-Interisti
-Jibers
-and the rest.

Audience will be waiting in the form of Hala, Sepi, MT and Milanisti to observe the pie engorgement.

Proof read and singed by HalaMardiletico Proud

Na seriously, great post and I agree with every single point you made

I think the team needs to change its mentality when it comes to the league, LaLiga is lost and won by fine margins usually at those provincial clubs such as Levante and Osasuna. In recent years we have struggled there due to the hostile environment and although we improved this year it took some really great cameos by Morata and Jese to make it happen. If we manage to win those games it will be a great advantage because Barca struggle there as well

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 01, 2014 5:39 pm

Lol fair enough Smile

I'll take a slice, purely because once they met Bayern i didn't think they would get through hmm even if i was fully aware of his immaculate CL resume.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu May 01, 2014 5:40 pm

B-Mac wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:
B-Mac wrote:

rofl

Liverpool bottling the league is more likely, so there might be a parade for that :coffee:

Bottling is losing an 8 points lead to city rivals.....not winning 11 in 12.

Liverpool aren't like Toronto's POS teams (Leafs and Raptors), so get that thought outta your head already Proud

In Everton (or at worst case Scenario, Newcastle) we trust banana

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 01, 2014 5:41 pm

Abramovich wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:
B-Mac wrote:

rofl

At least he doesn't glory support 2 clubs  Wink 
lol i own it, proud of it, madrid bottom bitch, psg side piece.

sorry not to abide by your universal rules of what club suporting should be Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu May 01, 2014 5:45 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Don't see anything i ever said about him is wrong though Arq....

Atletico Madrid have Levante this weekend. They have had so many 1-0 victories lately that sooner or later the luck is going to run out. Besides it's Keylor Navas in goal the most annoying keeper in the league besides Willy Cabarello

The fact that Atleti started subbing out their best players after the 60th minute against Chelsea should tell you which game they thought was the hardest

If Levante manage to draw(they are another version of osasuna so I have my hope), only an Atleti win on the final matchday will win them the league

I am still believing Proud

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Thu May 01, 2014 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 01, 2014 5:47 pm

Think Barca would rather lose than hand Real the league Hala tbh lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu May 01, 2014 5:49 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:Well about dandy *bleep* time.

Invitation list:

-Surag
-Nick
-Sports
-Half of Madrilenos here
-Mole
-Interisti
-Jibers
-and the rest.

Proof read and singed by HalaMardiletico Proud

Na seriously, great post and I agree with every single point you made

I think the team needs to change its mentality when it comes to the league, LaLiga is lost and won by fine margins usually at those provincial clubs such as Levante and Osasuna. In recent years we have struggled there due to the hostile environment and although we improved this year it took some really great cameos by Morata and Jese to make it happen. If we manage to win those games it will be a great advantage because Barca struggle there as well

Thanks my man Proud

I cannot comment as elaborately as you have regarding the dynamics of what Real Madrid needs/needed in the terms in which you, Nick, Sports or Josh usually dictate, but my personal opinion is that Atletico will go on to win the league given the incidentals and circumstantial across the road to the end of La Liga. Knowing Carlo, he'll mount that to further prepare them for the Champions League final.

Rule of thumb regarding our portly manager is, that he ALWAYS starts slowly (with the exception of Chelsea) as that tedious yet hand-crafted approach has been met with impatience and intrigue by your club and fans alike. Now that Carlo seems to have won the patience of the upper hierarchies and the socio's alike, there is no doubt that he can replicate such success given the same coincidences occurred in Milan to pave his way. Always said and I am not gloating, give him time and he will produce. Things are looking sound so far.

@Mole. Same! I myself did not see Madrid going through as its a collective disappointment in marvel from Carlo's tactics and subsequent disappointment in Bayern unfortunate performances.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu May 01, 2014 5:51 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Think Barca would rather lose than hand Real the league Hala tbh lol.

Realistically Barca will be able to win it as well if they win and we draw.

So I propose the idea that we should keep it 0-0 until the 80th minute and score after. So if Barca magically "collapse" after that it will clear what their intentions were
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu May 01, 2014 6:05 pm

Arquitescu wrote: Thanks my man Proud

I cannot comment as elaborately as you have regarding the dynamics of what Real Madrid needs/needed in the terms in which you, Nick, Sports or Josh usually dictate, but my personal opinion is that Atletico will go on to win the league given the incidentals and circumstantial across the road to the end of La Liga. Knowing Carlo, he'll mount that to further prepare them for the Champions League final.

Rule of thumb regarding our portly manager is, that he ALWAYS starts slowly (with the exception of Chelsea) as that tedious yet hand-crafted approach has been met with impatience and intrigue by your club and fans alike. Now that Carlo seems to have won the patience of the upper hierarchies and the socio's alike, there is no doubt that he can replicate such success given the same coincidences occurred in Milan to pave his way. Always said and I am not gloating, give him time and he will produce. Things are looking sound so far.

I myself have hope that Atleti lose points in one of the two coming games (if not both). One team has Keylor Navas in goal the other Willy Cabarello two astute goalkeepers with vast experience shutting out superior teams. Fingers crossed, here is hoping they could lend us a helping hand especially Levante

With regards to Carlo and his sluggishness in getting his team to where he wants them, that is normal for any coach especially a coach that tries to change the whole footballing style of his predecessor and play a more patient build up game where we have alot of possession yet still stay very direct to get the best out of our forwards. Bus as you, I and many Madrid fans know there is no patience in this team by some fans, the moment a player has one bad game he should be replaced or if the team fails to beat a big team the coach is incompetent and we should go out and do retail therapy to help heal our wounds. It is just in the genes of some fans to criticise, criticise and criticise so generally their opinion should just be ignored unless they have well thought out reasons of their opinion which is fine because we all have our own opinions no matter what angle to look at things and not just knee jerk reactions
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu May 01, 2014 7:34 pm

Carlo madrid>>>>>>>>>>mou madrid its not even close Laughing, anyone saying mou should get praise obviously not watching the games, i have seen RM win 5-0 and still felt like they could've lost under mou, that how awful the team was set up, while under carlo we can look comfy 2-0 up no worries, the team is better organised, more cohesive as a unit and every player gets a chance to step up, without the fear of benching or being thrown under the bus in the media.

Carlo has made some mistakes here and there but he still managed to motivate his players, they TRUST and BELIEVE in him unlike mou who was only concerned with his own brand, carlo should be applauded by everyone on GL for getting madrid back to a CL final after 12 years especially after trashing the best bayern ever :bow:
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu May 01, 2014 8:47 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:
B-Mac wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:

Bottling is losing an 8 points lead to city rivals.....not winning 11 in 12.

Liverpool aren't like Toronto's POS teams (Leafs and Raptors), so get that thought outta your head already Proud

In Everton (or at worst case Scenario, Newcastle) we trust banana

only a small blip when you win it 13 times in the past 26 years

24 year dry spell is gonna hurt so much more if it becomes 25 Proud

and recently Liverpool have been exactly like Toronto POS sports teams, out of champs league (playoffs), rolling through managers etc etc.
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossonero23 Fri May 02, 2014 1:35 am

cl master!!

he owns bayern.
Rossonero23
Rossonero23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri May 02, 2014 3:32 am

We've definitely improved under Ancelotti compared to when Mourinho was manager. Defensively we're better, possession wise we're better and also overall tactically. The players also look more assured in the big games.

However he still has to win a major trophy before he can be fully approved.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri May 02, 2014 4:37 am

It's quite extraordinary how Ancelotti has developed a Madrid team with a better counter-attack than Mourinho's Madrid teams ever had, without causing all the controversy and backroom brawls that were associated with Madrid playing 'defensively' under Mourinho.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri May 02, 2014 4:59 am

To be fair (in regards to his appreciation and Arq's great post), Carlo does let the little Italian boy in him get the better of him when it really shouldn't and his experimenting with the line up caused quite a bit of grief even for those who have my level of patience.

Alas, it worked out well in the end. It couldn't have but it did. Still shocked that Di Maria is actually a good central midfielder. Hala's boy finally came through and I shall enjoy that lovely slice of humble pie. Just as big mama used to make it....
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri May 02, 2014 3:09 pm

Forza wrote:It's quite extraordinary how Ancelotti has developed a Madrid team with a better counter-attack than Mourinho's Madrid teams ever had, without causing all the controversy and backroom brawls that were associated with Madrid playing 'defensively' under Mourinho.

This.

And to have them doing the defensive work with the likes of Modric, Di Maria and Bale playing in midfield, its almost never been done b4!
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed May 07, 2014 8:55 pm

Ancelotti out if we don't win the CL or the league.

We're still that same counter-attacking side who can't defend.

Against Barca/Bayern we were lucky they had 0 penetration, which is why we looked good defensively.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu May 08, 2014 1:23 am

smh are some of you blind? the players are exhausted and we have no proper depth, some of you on here need to stick to fifa and stfu  Smile 
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3