terrance511
Lex
M99
Firenze
Onyx
75 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion

Post by Guest Fri May 02, 2014 10:19 pm

Mesut Ozil spotted in London Tuesday night
Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion - Page 4 I52UFyQ78ClLR

Back to top Go down

Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion

Post by RealGunner Fri May 02, 2014 10:21 pm

He is playing in a better Final with proper football against a good old fashion team.

No loss :coffee:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon May 05, 2014 5:19 am

atletico madrid pls win

good job gourlay for loaning courtois to a better team rofl

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed May 07, 2014 5:23 pm

Uefa has announced that Dutch referee Bjorn Kuipers will be in charge of the Champions League final between Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid in Lisbon on May 24.

The 41-year-old was in charge of the 2013 Confederations Cup final between Brazil and Spain and last season's Europa League final between Chelsea and Benfica.

"Bjorn Kuipers will take charge of the 2013-14 Champions League final, between Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid at the Estadio do Sport Lisboa e Benfica in Lisbon on Saturday 24 May," a statement on the Uefa website reads.

"The 41-year-old Dutchman Bjorn Kuipers, who was awarded his Fifa badge in 2006, has overseen 68 matches in Uefa competition, including four in this season's Champions League and three in the Europa League. He also oversaw the 2011 Uefa Super Cup, and Chelsea's win against Benfica in last season's Uefa Europa League final at the Amsterdam ArenA, and becomes the fourth Dutch official to take charge of a European Cup final after Leo Horn (1957, 1962), Charles Corver (1978) and Dick Jol (2001).

"In Lisbon, Kuipers will be assisted by fellow countrymen Sander van Roekel and Erwin Zeinstra. The fourth official will be Turkey's Cuneyt Cakir, and the two additional assistant referees, Pol van Boekel and Richard Liesveld, are also from the Netherlands. A Dutch reserve assistant referee – Angelo Boonman – completes the lineup of the refereeing team."

Kuipers refereed Madrid's match with CSKA Moscow in 2011-2012 prior to being named an official for the Euro 2012 tournament in Poland and Ukraine.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1716/champions-league/2014/05/07/4801053/kuipers-to-referee-champions-league-final

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat May 10, 2014 6:18 pm

Real Madrid are increasingly worried about the calf injury sustained by Portuguese defender Pepe in Wednesday evening’s 1-1 draw at Real Valladolid with initial tests suggesting that he may have torn a muscle, which would rule him out of the Champions League final on 24th May in Lisbon.

Pepe left the Jose Zorilla with his left calf completely bandaged, but the medical staff suggested that they wait for the swelling to go down before performing an MRI on the injury on Friday.

However, initial examinations suggested that there was a tear, which they will find out following the MRI scan, but if it does prove to be a tear, Pepe will be sidelined for the remainder of the season.

Yet, there is a silver lining, as both Angel Di Maria and Cristiano Ronaldo, who both came off injured in Wednesday’s match, will not likely miss significant time, although Di Maria is likely to be hold out of this weekend’s match as a precaution.

Cristiano, who was breathing a sigh of relief upon his return to training, will not face any time on the sidelines as Real Madrid continues to fight for their slim chance of winning the La Liga title.

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/107520/pepe-doubtful-for-champions-league-final/

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun May 11, 2014 10:52 am

Cafu is backing Real Madrid to win their 10th Champions League against Atletico, believing the "best player in the world", Cristiano Ronaldo, will prove the difference between the two sides.

The showpiece in Lisbon on May 24 will be the first time in the competition's 59-year history that two teams from the same city compete and is los Merengues' first final since a 2-1 win over Bayer Leverkusen in 2002.

The retired full-back, who won the European Cup with AC Milan in 2007, acknowledged that the clash was likely to be tight but felt that Madrid, with Ballon d'Or winner Ronaldo in their ranks, were the most likely winners.

"I think Real Madrid will be champions," the 43-year-old told ESPN Brasil.

"Even though Atletico are one of the best European teams at the moment, with it being a single match, something that Madrid is used to playing, with athletes that used to the competition, a team that has already won it nine times, I think it will be Real.

"And having the best player in the world [Cristiano Ronaldo] also helps. It's always a positive reference for the team. You can give him the ball all the time. If you have the best player in the world, in a fantastic phase, it will only weight more towards Real."

Cafu also took the time to reflect on his own experiences in the competition, including Milan's 2005 defeat to Liverpool, which he described as "the greatest shock of [his career]" after losing on penalties despite leading 3-0 at half time.

"We weren't being arrogant, but I'd be lying if I said we didn't have a feeling that it was very close," he said.

"It was a Champions League final, against Liverpool, we were winning 3-0 at half time, obviously you get more relaxed for the second half.

"But we got a scare, because they scored the first too quickly. And then the second one was even quicker. When we finally came to our senses it was already 3-3.

"That was the greatest shock of my career. Especially because of the team we had. That Milan team should've never lost anything, no way.

"Two years later, another final, Liverpool again, we scored first and I thought, 'Damn, we can't let this slip this time'. And we made it and conquered the Champions League, at last."
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun May 11, 2014 5:43 pm

Doctors tell Pepe he won't miss the CL final, according to Marca.

http://www.marca.com/2014/05/10/en/football/real_madrid/1399749190.html

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Thu May 15, 2014 6:52 pm

It will be an unbalanced match, total domination, a quick death.
I cant really think of someone who's really interested in watching this game, can you?
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu May 15, 2014 6:59 pm

huntsman wrote:It will be an unbalanced match, total domination, a quick death.
I cant really think of someone who's really interested in watching this game, can you?

Nope. The stadium is going to be completely empty and everyone will be watching Pretty Little Liars mid season finale on TV.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Thu May 15, 2014 7:16 pm

M99 wrote:
huntsman wrote:It will be an unbalanced match, total domination, a quick death.

Nope. The stadium is going to be completely empty and everyone will be watching Pretty Little Liars mid season finale on TV.

That's what i also thought.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Fri May 16, 2014 4:31 am

if you can enjoy chelsea match, why not this match involving atletico

different name, same shit

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat May 17, 2014 8:10 pm

So are there any news about Costa's and Turan's injuries, will they be able to play in this game?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat May 17, 2014 8:58 pm

Apparently Costa will be out for 10-15 days and he'll miss the final, according to the Atletico president.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun May 18, 2014 11:57 am

AS English ‏@English_AS 6m
Diego Costa is almost certainly out of the Champions League final and his World Cup may be threatened

la decima ffs :bow:

Arda Turan is also most likely out
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun May 18, 2014 12:03 pm

I hope he plays in the WC.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Champions League Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid discussion - Page 4 Empty No clear favourites

Post by LuckAndWin Wed May 21, 2014 7:54 am

No clear favourites for sure, we see how Atletico Madrid challenged Barcelona and claimed their La Liga wins while Real Madrid claimed their Copa del Rey. Just looking at their head-to-head it will be a tight collision and can replicate their La Liga run.

See their statistics here: http://www.sbobetimes.com/index.php/blog/7735-will-la-decima-curse-continue-for-real
LuckAndWin
LuckAndWin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Wed May 21, 2014 8:18 am

I think Madrid WANT the CL more... Atletico have already gone way beyond expectations by winning La Liga...
To them, it won't be a dissappointment to lose, their season is already a monumental success.
Also, Madrid failed to beat Atletico in the league, but beat them twice in the cup. What was the difference in the League and Cup games?
1 man: Iker Casillas

With our captain playing, the team has the necessary leadership and, well, an amazing shot stopper and a proven big game performer...

Also, Costa is a massive loss, but then again, so too is Xabi Alonso.
I say Madrid should win. But, if the game goes to extra time (highly likely), I don't think we have what it takes to seal the victory. I have horrid memories of last year's CDR final...
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed May 21, 2014 8:43 am

what was the difference between the league and cup games?
Atletico didn't even bother, simple as that.

Atletico Madrid's hunger has been far greater then any team this whole season, in any league.
just because they over achieved doesn't mean they'll just settle for whatever they get, they know they can win and their fans know it too.
Costa is going to be a massive miss I agree but not as much as people are hyping it out to be, he was massively missed against Barcelona mainly because Barca's team is filled with midgets whereas Real Madrid is practically the opposite and rely more on physical abilities, and defend them much better as-well..
David Villa, Adrian's technical ability is going to play a huge factor if Atletico Madrid want to win.

speaking of Costa though what a shame he wont play, I always love seeing him get into fights with Ramos / Pepe..
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Wed May 21, 2014 9:35 am

I'm not saying Atletico is not hungry...
I'm just saying that Madrid's entire season has been about La Decima... they are more hungry than Atletico.

My real worry, though, is Ancelotti...
He hasn't figured Simeone out, if the last league encounter is anything to go by...
Arbeloa and Coentrao on the flanks... scratch 
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed May 21, 2014 9:55 am

teamanarchy wrote:I'm not saying Atletico is not hungry...
I'm just saying that Madrid's entire season has been about La Decima... they are more hungry than Atletico.

My real worry, though, is Ancelotti...
He hasn't figured Simeone out, if the last league encounter is anything to go by...
Arbeloa and Coentrao on the flanks... scratch 

Madrid aren't hungrier than Pathetico. For most of these players this is the only chance they will get. Pathetico have been switched on all season. The most important thing is that Pathteico no longer fear Madrid. Madrid are clear favourites for me though.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Wed May 21, 2014 3:38 pm

Wise words jibers Proud

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Wed May 21, 2014 3:42 pm

How much have Real Madrid sent on their current CL squad compared to Atletico Madrid?

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed May 21, 2014 3:45 pm

Like I said half a dozen times already, dont think Costa will be missed.

With Villa' intelligent movement and Adrian's speed as a secondary runner, they will give Madrid enough problems. Ramos and Pepe biggest weaknesses to me are switching off and letting a runner in behind them. Those two biggest strengths are this.

The only thing they will miss from Costa is the potential of controversy and therefore decisions from the ref.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 22, 2014 2:22 pm

Pepe out for the final :facepalm:
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu May 22, 2014 2:27 pm

Somebody remind me how the league meetings have went between these two teams pls. I don't remember

I know in other years every time I tuned in to the derby, Madrid spanked Atleti quite badly.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 22, 2014 2:29 pm

liga: RM 0-1 ATM
cup: RM 3-0 ATM
cup: RM 2-0 ATM
liga: ATM 2-2 RM

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Thu May 22, 2014 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next