rwo power
fatman123
Katy Perry
Kick
Abramovich
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

UEFA Champions League Semi Final vs Atletico Madrid Empty UEFA Champions League Semi Final vs Atletico Madrid

Post by Abramovich Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:38 am

Discuss  Cool 
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

UEFA Champions League Semi Final vs Atletico Madrid Empty Re: UEFA Champions League Semi Final vs Atletico Madrid

Post by Kick Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:45 am

Shocked, honestly, I felt it would have been either Real or Bayern.

We could well get a win here, Let's go win this thing. No Courtois and no Costa, that is two big wins for us already.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

UEFA Champions League Semi Final vs Atletico Madrid Empty Re: UEFA Champions League Semi Final vs Atletico Madrid

Post by Katy Perry Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:49 am

Are you sure there won't be Courtois? and Costa too?

At this stage you can't say that the draw can change much but IMO it's the best out of the three. We're going to have our second leg at home too so that there's no way we're going to have to come back in that hell that is Vicente Calderon. Barca struggled a lot there, and they're unbeaten there in La Liga so it's a nice advantage.
My thoughts on this match remain the same:
jay07 wrote:I definitely want Atlético Madrid. If they think that they're going to have the same chances they had against Barca and intimidate us with their aggressiveness then they couldn't be more wrong. If they are going to just pack the middle and give away lots of fouls, fair enough, we'll cross it like there's no tomorrow. The only difference is that this time they're not going to face 1.70cm tall midgets, no, they will be facing a predator like Eto'o, they will be facing Demba the man the legend, they will be facing the three most threatening defenders in the world right now in Iva, JT and Cahill. And I really trust Mou. It really looks like he's enjoying this job, surely more than every other he had, and I'm sure that he now has more support
and esteem from our players than ever and even if he doesn't read Goallegacy/reads Goallegacy but doesn't agree with me I'm sure he would know how how to defeat them.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:53 am

Courtois is going to play
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:18 pm

Atleti can't afford the fee to allow him to play, their president said so..

Also, Costa is yet to train since his hamstring injury, he won't be fit for the first game.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:19 pm

UEFA said he can play or Chelsea will face sanctions.

http://www.uefa.org/about-uefa/administration/news/newsid=2088774.html

Last edited by rwo power on Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:19 pm

UEFA deemed the clause null and void

Please be informed harder then me
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:21 pm

So that clause is pointless rofl
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:32 pm

I don't think they have enough depth to compete for both CL and the league. I mean C. Rodriguez, Sosa, Insua, Aldeweireld, Adriàn (their most common subs) are all average or at least not adequate to replace their starters
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:45 pm

Kick wrote:So that clause is pointless rofl
By the way, that ruling might actually force the English FA to revise their loan system: http://www.goallegacy.net/t35328p18-pros-and-cons-of-football-loans#1178783
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:16 pm

It's not pointless, lets see what happens though.

This is interesting:

"As we, in line with the FIFA regulations on status and transfer of players, consider a loan to be a transfer, we do not have any regulations regarding players not playing against their parent club whilst on loan to another club. If a player is duly registered on the player list of IF Elfsborg then he can play against any team that Elfsborg are drawn against."

"Any agreement between the two clubs that this player wouldn’t play against Celtic should Elfsborg be drawn against them is purely between the clubs. UEFA would not have any involvement or consideration of this agreement, it would be neither endorsed or enforceable by UEFA."
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:26 pm

You just knew this would be our draw Laughing

Honestly, I would have happily exchanged pulling out any of the 3 teams for the second leg to be at home, which it is. And it's a massive advantage.

We'll do these bunch :coffee:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:37 pm

I wouldn't say it will be an easy win here by any means. They played barca like a violin and are first in their league. They are also super aggressive and able to switch the tempo of the play high and low. But honestly this is the team I would rather face than bayern or real. And I want real to beat bayern, so we can have a showdown between old coach and new coach with old team vs new team
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:35 pm

I think we'd have a better chance of beating Bayern than Real in the Final should we get there, so a Pepsqueak win in the other semi for me :coffee:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:09 pm

ffs were going to lose

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:08 pm

When did the roles reverse and I become the optimist and you the doomsayer? hmm

Spoiler:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:31 pm

@Abramovich

As I already mentioned in several other threads, the ruling you quoted is obsolete as the UEFA revised their rules and posted a new resolution that was signed by all 54 FAs on 27 March 2014.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:08 am

The way I see it, Atleti are as bad to get as Real but neither are as bad as Bayern.

Atleti are organised and are very good tactically. We can beat them but Jose will have to get everything spot on. Tactics, motivation, pre game and everything else. Holding them to a 0 all in Spain would be possible. Then we can bring them to the bridge where we are almost unbeatable and grab the win.

Although, I'd hate us to lose this, what kind of message does that send Courtois? "Come join us despite you getting further in the CL with your current team"
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:32 am

Kick wrote:Although, I'd hate us to lose this, what kind of message does that send Courtois? "Come join us despite you getting further in the CL with your current team"

Luckily, we don't have to petition him to do anything. He's under contract and if José wants to keep him for next season the club certainly don't have to sell itself to deem it worthy of him agreeing to join.

Kick wrote:The way I see it, Atleti are as bad to get as Real but neither are as bad as Bayern.

Nonsense. Bayern's style would have played right into our hands. I would happily trade Atleti for them right this second.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:36 am

Yes but Courtois won't love the club anymore if he thinks his current one is better.

I'd rather face Bayern in a once off than over two legs tbh.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:42 am

Kick wrote:Yes but Courtois won't love the club anymore if he thinks his current one is better.

Your assumption he ever did in the first place being based on....?

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:47 am

Sorry, there is suppose to be a gap between Any and more.

I am saying he'd feel better about the club he is joining if he lost to them in this match.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:49 am

Doubt the entire supposition anyway. But even if he did, who cares.

Laughing
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:25 am

Shed wrote:When did the roles reverse and I become the optimist and you the doomsayer? hmm

Spoiler:

ffs but were going to lose man

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:28 am

Ivanovic is suspended for the first leg, need cole to step up.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next