Kaladin
Tomwin Lannister
McAgger
urbaNRoots
M99
44 posters

Page 24 of 37 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30 ... 37  Next

Go down

Game Of Thrones - Part 4 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 24 Empty Re: Game Of Thrones - Part 4 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:29 pm

LeVersacci wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Would you consider it a spoiler if I give you a bit of his history? Won't spoil anything from the TV show.
Don't mind it. pls post

I'll put it in the spoiler tag anyways who don't want to read

Spoiler:

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Game Of Thrones - Part 4 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 24 Empty Re: Game Of Thrones - Part 4 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by LeVersacci Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:18 pm

thx for the info

always cool to learn new non spoiler history about got
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:28 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
zigra wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Arya is turning into a bad ass? More like a psychopath, she's 11 ffs.

I think she's 13 or 14 in the show. Afair the stark kids are all a bit older in the show than in the books. But yeah obviously she's turning into a psychopath or to be fair she most likely is one already.

that's because there's no magic potion to let child actors age slower.
Well, maybe there is, massive amounts of amphetamine might help a bit like they gave Judy Garland for the Wizard of Oz, but ...
After all it's a year between shooting each season.

Not what I meant Laughing
I think they said their starting age is higher than in the books.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:40 pm

Hans, Arya wanted to go to the wall but when the guy said he only intends on going to Braavos and nowhere else, she knew she had the opportunity to give the guy that coin which she got from GOAT Jaqen.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:42 pm

RealGunner wrote:Yea, next season will have a lot of new characters

2 of those who will be instant fan favourites. Maybe 3

I suspect Doran Martell.
Already in love with him Proud
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:04 am

Still hasn't hit that the season is done Sad

season is done Sad

8 months Sad

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:10 am

Look on the bright side, it means Martin has to release TWOW in the next 8 months or Sansa's story leaves him for dead. Laughing
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:18 am

Can't see it. He might release TWOW after the next season maybe. but it looks unlikely before 2015 at best.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:12 am

Great finale.

I unfortunatley knew beforehand that Tyrrione was going to kill Shae. Some pr*** spoilt it for me last week. It was still satisfyng to see. What was more satisfying was seeing him kill Tywin.

Dany's storyline has become really stale. They need to kill her off or something. Her plot feels like it has hit a dead end.

Brienne and the Hound's fight was spectacular.

Those skeletal warriors. Some Pirate of the Carribean shet eco smile I thought that scene was corny tbh.

Epic season. Now we wait for 10 months Sad
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:12 am

This is how bloodraven(guy who bran met) is supposed to look. Pics in spoiler tags

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:18 am

hahaha with those pictures it's easy to understand why book readers felt underwhelmed with the show's portrayal of the guy
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:35 pm

hmm.. they could've done without 2 or 3 animated skeletons, then they'd have had more money left to do this guy properly..
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:55 pm

I just opened an article on IGN that tells the difference between the book and the finale. And i got spoiled so bad.

Major spoilers, don't open
Spoiler:

Last edited by dostoevsky on Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Please avoid Book Spoilers.)
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:03 pm

Show watchers, this shot was veryyyyyyy important.

https://i.imgur.com/GGHEwVA.gif
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:16 pm

Delete that spoiler tag ES. A lot of people can open it.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:18 pm

M99 wrote:Show watchers, this shot was veryyyyyyy important.

https://i.imgur.com/GGHEwVA.gif

Fire + Ice = Jon

Is that it? Imagine if it's true and Melisandre finds out, she claims Jon is Azar Ahai reborn and not Stannis Shocked, or she wants to sacrifice him because he has kings blood No
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:13 pm

A song of ice and fire Jon Snow hmm

But yeah Melissandre had that "would bang" look when she saw him imo hmm
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:24 pm

There's a major theory going on about Jon Snow and his ultimate involvement in the series as a whole, which not even the book readers know just yet. However, I wouldn't go digging around if I were you as there are many many many spoilers involved.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:46 pm

McAgger wrote:There's a major theory going on about Jon Snow and his ultimate involvement in the series as a whole, which not even the book readers know just yet. However, I wouldn't go digging around if I were you as there are many many many spoilers involved.

It really is not a spoiler. A lot of non book readers actually came up with the theory on their own too.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:48 pm

Sure the theory itself may not be a spoiler as it's still a theory. But there are some extra information that you must know for it to makes sense that could possibly be spoilers.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:50 pm

I'm going to start reading the books at the start of next month hopefully
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:44 pm

That theory is not a spoiler itself, but there are many steps like mcagger said involving that theory which are spoilers.

Don't research anything for your own good. Wait till the show tells you if there is anything because they haven't in the books. So it's all speculation on both parts.

if you want to know anything historic then just ask in this thread and people will explain without spoiling.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:08 pm

Just found this thread! Unbelievable, I've wanted something like this the whole time. In stead of reading online and getting spoiled here and there.

Season was amazing. I watched the whole series from the beginning again so that my wife can catch up. The show is so much better the second time around (you miss on so many small bits.) Everything about this season was great. Even though the war is done (the war will never be done as long as Stannis is around) you see the Lannisters having an awful awful time.

Tyrion had some amazing performances, from his speech at the trial, to his speech prior to the fight, to killing Shae. I think the murder of Tywin was a bit underwhelming but mainly because he was all spent by that point. He just strangled to death the woman he loved who betrayed him, I'm pretty sure by the time he got to Tywin he would've been completely numb on the inside. It's a shame Tywin had to die, he was one of the most interesting characters on the show, very intelligent and dedicated.

Couldn't be more excited for Arya finally going to Braavos, I am so excited to see how that develops. For Bran, I too thought his gift would be Zombie Ned haha. Proud and excited for Stannis, he finally does something worth while. although I can tell he is weak, and too proud. I doubt he could take over Kings Landing, let alone rule Westeros. The fact that Varys helped Tyrion makes me suspect he is taking Tyrion to where he was from which MEANS we could see a Tyrion + Khaleesi meetup. Oh my god how sweet that would be. I pray that next season we see the Prince of Dorne, as Oberyn's death had me the saddest of all the deaths so far. Just the sheer gruesomness of it, the fact that I wanted him to avenge his sister, and of course, the sentencing of the fate of Tyrion. the fight between Brianne and The Hound was great, I didn't want anyone to lose. I have a real soft spot for the Hound, I hope he survives.

Thanks for that bit of history RealGunner. I have a feeling the history of the Targaryen's will play a major role next season. RealGunner, would you suggest reading the books? I didn't want to read the books because I enjoy the show so much and I worry it would take away from the show. Not to mention, my friend told me the books are rather dry and a difficult read (maybe he isn't much of a fantasy reader). What is your experience with them and would you recommend I read them before next season?
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:43 pm

arabprince wrote:Just found this thread! Unbelievable, I've wanted something like this the whole time. In stead of reading online and getting spoiled here and there.

Season was amazing. I watched the whole series from the beginning again so that my wife can catch up. The show is so much better the second time around (you miss on so many small bits.) Everything about this season was great. Even though the war is done (the war will never be done as long as Stannis is around) you see the Lannisters having an awful awful time.

Thanks for that bit of history RealGunner. I have a feeling the history of the Targaryen's will play a major role next season. RealGunner, would you suggest reading the books? I didn't want to read the books because I enjoy the show so much and I worry it would take away from the show. Not to mention, my friend told me the books are rather dry and a difficult read (maybe he isn't much of a fantasy reader). What is your experience with them and would you recommend I read them before next season?

Prince pls. This thread been here for 3 years.

Yea agreed about the rewatching bit. There is so much historical information in season 1 and 2 which is essential throughout the series. Along with foreshadowing lol.

Regarding the book question. I hadn't read the books before this season. So this season was the only one where I knew the events beforehand. However you can ask anyone in here that I was as excited as I have ever been in the past. The Show is so good that it doesn't matter if you have read the books or not. You will feel the same excitement. I even avoid spoilers from the episodes eventhough I know the events lol.

Reading the books won't harm your enjoyment from watching the show. Furthermore, Reading the books will give you a much better understanding for the series. It's easily one of the greatest book series I've read. The writing is unbelievable and unique. The show can't provide the same level of depth which you get from reading the books. So I would definitely read them.

I don't know what your friend means. The books are not dry nor difficult read. Maybe he isn't a reader. But if you are then you will enjoy them. You can try reading the first two books and see if its your type. If it isnt then just carry on with the show.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:27 pm

can pick up all 5 books for $30 at local indigo book store....tempting hmm
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:31 pm

You might miss the world cup if you buy them :coffee:
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 37 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30 ... 37  Next